Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

codenameFANGIO posted:

my favorite little thing in literally every Japanese video game is the fishing minigame

Breath of Fire 3 had the best fishing minigame, bar none. I reply that game every couple years solely for the fishing minigame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Warframe bows own, and they come in many different flavors

-Regular Bow, which is very good and has been talked about

-Bows of each damage type, Piercing, Blunt, and Slashing

-Mega Bow that is stupidly strong but can only be fired when you fully charge it

-Full auto crossbows

-Bow that shoots exploding gas arrows

-Bow that shoots exploding ice arrows that slow enemies and then afterwards it explodes again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdUUliNrIqg&t=46s

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
warframe is a really cool game that I'm always sad people slept on, even if I haven't played a ton of it myself

my favorite thing about it is that a good long while in it pulls a huge narrative/mechanical thing that's absolutely fantastic and that I don't want to spoil by mentioning it here

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just beat the game based on the Curious George movie, it's a really good and cute game that gets surprisingly tricky later - not hard at all, but some of the optional stuff requires some slightly trickier movements than the main path. It's short and linear but the levels are varied and the overall gameplay is really fun. The music and graphics are really nice too, really pretty and cute. It's a nice chill game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm happy that Warframe is getting more attention. I'm a founder (500 hours since beta) and keep telling people how great it is.

Here are some of my favorite weapons:

-A gun that shoots lightning that stuns and chains to everyone around them.

-An orb thing that covers your hand and shoots fire that also jumps between targets.

-A spinning disc that cuts people in half and then you throw it like a boomerang to kill everyone in a room.

-An actual boomerang that can be modded to be an infinite-ammo spinning rocket.

-An automatic crossbow that can pin people like the other bows and can have exploding bolts (almost all bowd can be modded for exploding arrows but the crossbow shoots so many bolts it's like carpet boming a mission)

-BIG loving GLOVES FOR PUNCHING FOOLS INTO THE STRATOSPHERE.

Play Warframe. It rules.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

BioEnchanted posted:

Just beat the game based on the Curious George movie

oh my god dude

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
At this point, Bio could say he was playing the Gerald's Game text adventure, and I'd fully believe it was real.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Leavemywife posted:

At this point, Bio could say he was playing the Sophie's Choice text adventure, and I'd fully believe it was real.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BioEnchanted posted:

This should be the new thread title

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The problem with Sophies Choice is its not very long. One puzzle, two endings and boom youre done.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Barudak posted:

The problem with Sophies Choice is its not very long. One puzzle, two endings and boom youre done.

There’s actually a secret third ending.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BioEnchanted posted:

quote:

However Frank Welker reprised his role as Curious George

Today I learned that Frank Welker's range is a lot broader than I thought.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Memento posted:

Today I learned that Frank Welker's range is a lot broader than I thought.

I haven't seen Curious George but I have seen Aladdin so that isn't the first monkey he's played.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

frank welker does an absurd amount of cartoon animals

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Frank Welker was the snake in Anaconda. They literally hired him to just make generic snake noises.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Reminds me of that anecdote with Mike Patton, who is known for roary demon characters like The Darkness. Apparently he was once recording/rehearsing in a hotel room and someone questioned what the weird noises and random screams were, concerned. His friend was just like "Nah, that's just Mike doing his thing..."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BioEnchanted posted:

Reminds me of that anecdote with Mike Patton, who is known for roary demon characters like The Darkness. Apparently he was once recording/rehearsing in a hotel room and someone questioned what the weird noises and random screams were, concerned. His friend was just like "Nah, that's just Mike doing his thing..."

That's awesome.
I was recording mutant/monster noises for a podcast that never published. My GF was none too happy because she was working from home and I forgot.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How do they do slo-mo in an MMO?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mike Patton's best character is the Anger Sphere in Portal.

The Lone Badger posted:

How do they do slo-mo in an MMO?

It's not real slo-mo, you just fall much slower than usual if you ADS in midair so you have time to pull off sick snipes.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Sometimes just everyone slo-mos though.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I think it's full slo mo in solo play.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Wait ... Mike Patton from Faith No More?!?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah, he's had a few voice roles in games. In addition to the aforementioned Anger Sphere and Darkness, he was also Nathan Spencer in the Bionic Commando reboot.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

codenameFANGIO posted:

No, Mike Patton from Mr. Bungle.

haveblue posted:

Mike Patton's best character is the Anger Sphere in Portal.

No, Mike Patton's best character is Mike Patton from Faith No More. Even codenameFANGIO was fooled.

Jokes aside, I looked this up to see what else he did and he was apparently also most of the zombie noises in Left 4 Dead 1&2.

Inco posted:

Yeah, he's had a few voice roles in games. In addition to the aforementioned Anger Sphere and Darkness, he was also Nathan Spencer in the Bionic Commando reboot.

And that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Section 9 posted:

No dude it was Mike Patton from Tomahawk.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Section 9 posted:

No, Mike Patton's best character is Mike Patton from Faith No More. Even codenameFANGIO was fooled.

Jokes aside, I looked this up to see what else he did and he was apparently also most of the zombie noises in Left 4 Dead 1&2.

And that.

I beg to differ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMqPG4S80bo

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

BioEnchanted posted:

Imagine this coming from a hotel room.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILppCQ1jeTw

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Section 9 posted:

Memento posted:

No dude it was Mike Patton from Tomahawk.

He will always be Mike Patton of Faith No More to me because I once owned a cat named Mike Patton Of Faith No More.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

codenameFANGIO posted:

He will always be Mike Patton of Faith No More to me because I once owned a cat named Mike Patton Of Faith No More.

That is a commitment to fandom that I can respect.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
I swear I tried Warframe a few years back and it was an arena shooter. Is there a story mode now?

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
You may be thinking of WARFACE. Warframe is space ninjas.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Bunni-kat posted:

There’s actually a secret third ending.

If you do nothing Hilter comes back and flies you to the mountain just like he said he would

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

synthetik posted:

I swear I tried Warframe a few years back and it was an arena shooter. Is there a story mode now?

Warframe has never been an arena shooter.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
He may be thinking of WARFACE. Warframe is space ninjas.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Woops. Keepin' tabs open is cool for posting.

What happened to Loadout?
The mechanics of that game was really cool but it seemed like people hated the very ugly characters.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

What happened to Loadout?
The mechanics of that game was really cool but it seemed like people hated the very ugly characters.

Made no money, receives no further support or development, still has a kinda okay-ish sporadic online community.

Honestly don't think the ugly characters were the problem, so much as the heavy monetization straight out the gate. You gotta keep poo poo cheap enough that whales won't think about blowing their savings $2 at a time, not charge $10 for basic game functionality and $50 for an in-game outfit.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
The music levels at the end of worlds in Rayman Legends are fun. I always like the rhythm of the sprint/ chase levels and the black betty one was really well done. Still need to do the last two worlds, and the origins levels. Hope they included the flying sidescroller level!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
IIRC, Loadout was a case where they tried to expand to consoles, couldn't keep two versions of the game going at the same time, and hosed everything up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ilmucche posted:

The music levels at the end of worlds in Rayman Legends are fun. I always like the rhythm of the sprint/ chase levels and the black betty one was really well done. Still need to do the last two worlds, and the origins levels. Hope they included the flying sidescroller level!

The final gauntlet of these with added graphical effects to make them massively harder is absolutely brutal but if you do persevere it feels amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress game I’m thinking of. PS3, robot dudes, free to play, small level arena shooter, stages like a future warehouse, I think it was third person?

edit: might have been in beta when I played. I should look at old trophies maybe.