Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

I guess heels enforce proper toe position on the pegs.

Meh, she probably rides with the peg in the crook and her toe under the shifter the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I can't ride with my toes on my pegs because if I relax my heel it rests on the exhaust and would melt my boot :( Lowered pegs actually make riding on toes during turns a necessity too because otherwise I drag my boot on the ground.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Whoops. My friend's bike. He's okay but we've ruined a Saturday and i'm baking in the sun waiting for a truck.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

nsaP posted:

Whoops. My friend's bike. He's okay but we've ruined a Saturday and i'm baking in the sun waiting for a truck.

Man what a dick, why'd he have to go and ruin Saturday like that?

glad he's okay, that looks rough

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Other than being dirty, it looks pretty drivable still

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

What actually happened? Kind of just looks like it went through a big mud patch or something.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Well he spun a tale I have trouble picturing for the kind of turn it was. I think he thought he was too fast and target fixated off the road. It was a pretty significant ditch just off the road and flat grass after, I think the bike sunk into the gross muck in the ditch and he went over the bars. He talked about sliding on his stomach for a while too so I dunno what to think. He was up and trying to push it out by the time I came back and I turned around pretty quick. I was a corner ahead and didn't see it.

Also I'm dumb and didn't have my gopro charged.

Behind this view is the turn, he went off to the left.

From the where the bike is parked above looking back at the turn. Where the grass is real tall is where it's a ditch, it's tough to see from these views. Flat grass before and after, if only he'd hit either of those patches...

Also from what he remembered he went off significantly after the turn so it's kinda weird. That's why I'm leaning towards a survival reaction and freezing up and just fixating off the road.

http://goo.gl/maps/n7MdL - there's the turn but around http://goo.gl/maps/e6AsY is where he went off. Pretty far past the turn it seems to me

nsaP fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 21, 2013

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
He Blaise'd it

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

nsaP posted:

That's why I'm leaning towards a survival reaction and freezing up and just fixating off the road.

You're probably right. I'm glad he's alive to rise to the knowledge that fleshy humans wrangling handlebars make bad decisions for understandable and sympathetic reasons. Hope you help him understand this. Everyone wants to be proud and good but it makes you a lot better, a lot faster, to learn about your mistakes real quick.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
"Learn to go fast, slowly". Glad he's ok.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'll try to pass on the wisdom and goondolences and I'll see how he's doing today.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
So yeah, the Tail of the Dragon actually lives up to expectations. Two passes at US129 and a total of 8 hours and 312 miles on the bike yesterday, further and longer than I've gone before. If it wasn't for being totally sore and bruised from smacking into solid metal paintball bunkers two days before I'd probably be feeling pretty great right now.

MonkeyNutZ fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 21, 2013

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

hayden. posted:

He Blaise'd it

Wait.. wasn't Blaise the guy that got the sexy as gently caress KTM Super Duke R..? What happened to it? I know he dropped it, but that's about it. :/

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MonkeyNutZ posted:

So yeah, the Tail of the Dragon actually lives up to expectations. Two passes at US129 and a total of 8 hours and 312 miles on the bike yesterday, further and longer than I've gone before. If it wasn't for being totally sore and bruised from smacking into solid metal paintball bunkers two days before I'd probably be feeling pretty great right now.

I love the second picture where your bike looks bigger than the car. GOAN' TAKE YA DOWN, SWIFT!

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmIorJDnGMM

Guy rear ends a Camaro on a long, empty straight.

LifeSizePotato fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 22, 2013

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

LifeSizePotato posted:

Car just came outta nowhere man. Fuckin' cagers.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

LifeSizePotato posted:

How? How do you do that? It's obvious he wasn't looking ahead, but how do you not realize you're not going to stop in time and go for the shoulder?

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
Aw, he removed his video description. He was blaming the car for engine braking and thus not seeing brake lights. He said the bike is totaled, he's fine, and his next vehicle will be a car.

Lesson learned. :downs:

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Good thing he just ended up laying on the back of the car, because he wasn't wearing gloves :)

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
He should have lay-'er-downed.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
I was surprised to see him grab a little bit of front brake before he hit, actually.

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?
He could have done allot of things, he could gone to the passenger side of the car instead of target fixating it.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Powerstone posted:

He could have done allot of things, he could gone to the passenger side of the car instead of target fixating it.

The original description said he looked away at the pole, and his eyes hadn't adjusted back enough to see the brake lights. A moment's inattention and he just slammed into the thing. Glad he's fine. Glad he's getting a car.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

The original description said he looked away at the pole, and his eyes hadn't adjusted back enough to see the brake lights. A moment's inattention and he just slammed into the thing. Glad he's fine. Glad he's getting a car.

This looks like a classic case of not paying-the-gently caress attention. If he were driving a cage, I'm sure he would have done the same thing.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

This was posted along with a bunch of choppers on HD's facebook. I'm trying to find out more about it.

Edit: It's called the Steel Shoe, by Chopper Dave.
http://blogs.dynojet.com/index.php/2013/07/chopper-daves-turbo-charged-sportster-the-steel-shoe/

Deeters fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 23, 2013

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

That's a sweet bike.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Retarded Pimp posted:

That's a sweet bike.

Sure is. Wonder what a very slow-revving yet turbo V-twin feels like to ride? It must have diesel torque.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

LifeSizePotato posted:

How do these videos even get on youtube, they are so shamefully embarrassing why would you ever post them?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

How do these videos even get on youtube, they are so shamefully embarrassing why would you ever post them?

The same mentality which leads to this crash, and then to fixing it by never buying a bike again because murdercycle, is what leads them to post it on youtube.

The fact that you post here is a pretty good litmus test for you not thinking like that person at all. Mootmoot is a special case who slipped through the cracks.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Deeters posted:

This was posted along with a bunch of choppers on HD's facebook. I'm trying to find out more about it.

http://blogs.dynojet.com/index.php/2013/07/chopper-daves-turbo-charged-sportster-the-steel-shoe/

The tires are the only 'bad' thing about the bike. They're DOT legal, but they cost a lot and end up lasting something like 500 miles on the street.

I'd still ride the hell out of it, though.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

That thing's pretty sweet, seat looks pretty depressing though.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Deeters posted:

If you are going to post a turbo bike from born free you should probably post one that is a a bit more interesting.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Valt posted:

If you are going to post a turbo bike from born free you should probably post one that is a a bit more interesting.

Aesthetic revulsion aside, I think the other one is a lot better because it seems like something you could see yourself actually riding for more than a couple of miles at a time and it wouldn't suck too much.

Shimrod posted:

That thing's pretty sweet, seat looks pretty depressing though.

There is that.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Slavvy posted:

Aesthetic revulsion aside, I think the other one is a lot better because it seems like something you could see yourself actually riding for more than a couple of miles at a time and it wouldn't suck too much.

There is that.

That 750 is a drag bike, so its not really setup to ride any kind of long distances. As far as aesthetics, to each there own but I think that bike is way more interesting than a beige sportster. Which is the point of all these bikes, since neither are bikes you can legitimately ride all that much. I mean as far as the sportster goes your legs would be absolutely roasting.

That being said I'm sure they are both fairly quick for what they are. I would imagine that a turbo sportster dynos somewhere north of 100 horsepower.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I've always loved that street tracker look the Sportster has, and I've never seen one turboed before. The 750 is pretty cool, and I probably would have seen it if I didn't find out about the show from HD. I'd like to see someone try to actually ride the Sportster on a dirt track, but I know that will never happen.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
50cc Roundabout GP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qI9-1Ecij8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qI9-1Ecij8

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

This is was drat good. Looks like a lot of fun and very funny.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Braincloud posted:

This looks like a classic case of not paying-the-gently caress attention. If he were driving a cage, I'm sure he would have done the same thing.

Ironically if he'd just kept riding with the lovely road position he showed through most of that video he'd have just sailed past.

Also I'm fairly sure the majority of the time he was closing on that car he was admiring his own shadow.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx8XXaLxt4Q