Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ultron is an AI, not a robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
True. He turned out to be several robots.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

nm

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I'm not saying she should get life in prison (except for her acting) but she probably shouldn't be able to just go to the mall or get ice cream.
She shouldn't be imprisoned, but she probably shouldn't have the freedom to go where she chooses.

What you're saying is that she should effectively be imprisoned (or under house arrest).

SonicRulez posted:

Even Tony admits that the Accords aren't very good. His plan was to change them from the inside after the heat on Wanda died down. He was just eager to get rid of as much responsibility as possible.

Iron Man is so seriously wrong in Civil War it's not even funny. It's actually really sad.
He's motivated by Sokovia and the remorse he feels after his conversation with the dead kid's mother at the beginning. He's maybe misguided, but he's not wrong.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Dec 21, 2017

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

FlamingLiberal posted:

Blonsky was supposed to be in Civil War but he had to be cut out for time

They also mention in AoS that Blonsky is in some super prison in the artic that is a really awful SHIELD job to do and threatened as a punishment gig.

So in the MCU, super prisons work. Blonsky has been locked up for nearly 10 years now.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

irlZaphod posted:

He's motivated by Sokovia and the remorse he feels after his conversation with the dead kid's mother at the beginning. He's maybe misguided, but he's not wrong.

It's okay for Tony to feel guilty about the mistakes he's made. The way he tries to go about absolving that guilt is why he's the wrong one. The whole point of the climax was him realizing he had been wrong the whole time until he sees the video of Bucky killing his parents and decides he doesn't care. It's understandable, but also still wrong.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That he's wrong about Bucky. Bucky has nothing to do with why Tony signed.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So, with all of you talking about "How to fold in the xmen", have you thought about who would be part of the first class? Wolverine is, in my eyes, simultaneously the most likely and least likely character to make an appearance. On the one hand, he's a definite draw, but on the other, how do you top the casting of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine now that the two are basically synonymous with each other in the public's eyes? My guess would be that the O5(minus Warren because who cares), Storm, and maybe surprise guest Kitty Pryde will make an appearance as the hero team, while the typical group of Magneto and friends rounds out the Villains.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah he does have an epiphany when he reads Steve's message, and realises that he let his emotions get the better of him. He probably still hates Bucky though (or at least has anger towards him). It'll be interesting to see how it plays out in Infinity War.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Aphrodite posted:

That he's wrong about Bucky. Bucky has nothing to do with why Tony signed.

There’s also the part where he sees everyone else locked up and you can tell that this isn’t at all what he wanted.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Postal Parcel posted:

So, with all of you talking about "How to fold in the xmen", have you thought about who would be part of the first class? Wolverine is, in my eyes, simultaneously the most likely and least likely character to make an appearance. On the one hand, he's a definite draw, but on the other, how do you top the casting of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine now that the two are basically synonymous with each other in the public's eyes? My guess would be that the O5(minus Warren because who cares), Storm, and maybe surprise guest Kitty Pryde will make an appearance as the hero team, while the typical group of Magneto and friends rounds out the Villains.

My picks would be Jubilee for the attitude. Rogue, especially if they can adapt her 90's outfit. Gambit, if they're still going to go for his solo movie. Dazzler might work, if they make her part of GoTG so Quill has someone to geek out with. And while they''re not well known, it'd be cool if they include Beak or Eyeboy to show that while not all mutations are for the better, you can still be a hero.

Comedy option: Include Quentin Quire wearing a "Cap Was Right" t-shirt.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

irlZaphod posted:

She shouldn't be imprisoned, but she probably shouldn't have the freedom to go where she chooses.

What do you think imprisoned means

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

He means they should take away her bus pass.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

purple death ray posted:

:thejoke:

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
I just saw this on my facebook from the Marvel Cinematic Universe page:

I guess spoiler for Infinity War: "New BTS still of Paul Bettany as Vision with Ryan, who was late to work on the AVENGERS 4 set, wearing the hotdog of shame!"

So I guess Vision doesn't bite the dust after all

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

What you're saying is that she should effectively be imprisoned (or under house arrest).

I didn't say she shouldn't be imprisoned.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

New Wave Jose posted:

I just saw this on my facebook from the Marvel Cinematic Universe page:

I guess spoiler for Infinity War: "New BTS still of Paul Bettany as Vision with Ryan, who was late to work on the AVENGERS 4 set, wearing the hotdog of shame!"

So I guess Vision doesn't bite the dust after all

It could mean anything, Marvel has been putting random actors of theirs on sets to deter spoilers. Like Michael Rooker appearing on the Infinity War set.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

It could mean anything, Marvel has been putting random actors of theirs on sets to deter spoilers. Like Michael Rooker appearing on the Infinity War set.

I was reading the comments on facebook and a lot of people says that Avenger 4 will have a lot of time travel stuff in it too.

So I guess I jumped to conclusions too fast.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am expecting Vision to become his white form.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Soonmot posted:

You're no Slim Goodbody

I am legend

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
What's a "hot dog of shame"? The possibilities seem fairly endless and i don't want to google it at work either.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BiggerBoat posted:

What's a "hot dog of shame"?

I believe it is some kind of sandwich.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wheat Loaf posted:

I believe it is some kind of small pastry.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BiggerBoat posted:

What's a "hot dog of shame"? The possibilities seem fairly endless and i don't want to google it at work either.

It's when you gently caress a hot dog after drunkenly eating someone you probably shouldn't have.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
All I want from an MCU X-Men line-up is to leave Jean out of it. The first one should be able to exist without a big Phoenix shadow over it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

I didn't say blame. I said responsible. There's a difference in severity there, at least to me.

Crossbones wasn't just suicide bombing a bazaar. Cap's botched operation led to that.

And with Ultron she was perfectly fine with lots of murder, just not as much as he planned.

I'm not saying she should get life in prison (except for her acting) but she probably shouldn't be able to just go to the mall or get ice cream. She's not even the only one who should be off the streets for a while. It's like the one good decision Tony makes.

It was just dumb to make that Cap's point of no return. It was a sensible choice.

Sorry I dropped off last night I got trashed and didn't wanna drunk post. Also wanted to watch the bazaar scene again.

So first I'm not really sure why you're trying to distinguish between culpability and responsibility when the end argument is that since she is responsible in that she flung exploding crossbones into the air, she should be punished as if she was culpable

Which ties into you seeming to want to have things both wise rhetorically by saying you want her imprisoned but not imprisoned? I'm not sure what you're trying to get at there

As for her being okay with murder in aou iirc the only people why she witnessed get murdered by ultron and she was "okay" with it were klaws mercs and she was pretty horrorified when klaw had his arm chopped off and the next time she sees ultron commit violence (the regen lab if I have my timeline right) that's when she thinks something's up and they defect. She was in it to hurt and destroy the avengers not kill civilians

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

All I want from an MCU X-Men line-up is to leave Jean out of it. The first one should be able to exist without a big Phoenix shadow over it.

Nah, Jean is pretty important to the X-Men. She has to be included, especially with the push her character is getting now.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If they can figure out how to make Jean interesting without implying she's about to start eating stars that'll be a good start.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Dont do phoneix poo poo. There fixed Jean.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Or here's an idea, do Phoenix, but solve the situation by having Gambit charge and subsequently explode the Phoenix

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mr Hootington posted:

Dont do phoneix poo poo. There fixed Jean.

OK now you have a main character with a bad costume, no code name, and her powers are "professor x but not as good"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Professor X can't do TK.

Also she does have a code name, Marvel Girl

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I believe it is some kind of sandwich.

Lobok posted:

It's when you gently caress a hot dog after drunkenly eating someone you probably shouldn't have.

These answers have been unhelpful. Funny, but unhelpful. I legit have no idea what that is or what it spells for the character but then when I got home I realized I didn't give much of a poo poo aside from misplaced curiosity anyway so bring on more jokes.

Becasue "hot dog of shame" makes me chuckle.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I assume it's a hot dog costume the directors make an actor wear when they gently caress up, like a dunce cap.

All it means is he was on set.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The ideal roster I'd want from an MCU X-Men movie would be:

Cyclops
Wolverine
Storm
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Iceman

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I didn't catch the original context but I assume "hot Dog of Shame" has something to do with MisterBibs

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Roth posted:

The ideal roster I'd want from an MCU X-Men movie would be:

Cyclops
Wolverine
Storm
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Iceman

:bisonyes:

I'd maybe sub Iceman for Rogue or Dazzler, i think there should be more ladies.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

purple death ray posted:

You need Iceman for LGBT representation.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

purple death ray posted:

UPDATED

Cyclops
Wolverine
Storm
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Iceman
Dazzler

I go with Dazzler because the opportunity for her and Quill to become BFFs is too good to past up.

It would be great if the sequel uses even more obscure characters. Dust and Rockslide would be great picks.

Roth fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm cool with a mostly iconic roster but they have to throw a curveball or two. Someone newish or a little more obscure than the 90s animated series or original 60s team.

• Locked thread