Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
I think it was a joke about that post a while back where a woman talked about her experience of being dragged into a bar or something and people fell over themselves to tell her it didn't happen and she was just a crazy :females:, or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yes i think that was devils affricates post. that whole fleta mcgurn thing was a real weird like 5 pages of this thread

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Haier, I do not believe that monkeys just attack people in the middle of cities in Inida. It's not because I think you're not a reliable source of this information, it's just that such a scenario is so outside of the realm of possibility for me to imagine that I have to choose to believe it isn't real just to stay sane

You've never encountered macaques before have you. They are absolute loving arsehole monkeys, and will 100% charge you and steal poo poo looking for food. One temple I went to in Malaysia, a macaque snatched at dude carrying a baby in a sling :gonk:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Nah I wasn't making a Fleta-in-Japan reference, although this conversation did kind of remind me of it.

But yeah, macaques gently caress with people and other animals all the time. There are a ton of youtube videos of it happening.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Theres a dam in Hong Kong at the top of a hill and there are a ton of monkeys. Everyone seems to think theyre cute, tries to get them to take food from their hand for a selfie, or scatters nuts near the feet of their kids to get them to come close for a cute photo (ignoring the DO NOT FEED signs in large letters everywhere). I'm just thinking about their big teeth and interesting diseases and lack of fucks to give, and while yeah they're cool to watch, I'd rather do it from a distance thanks

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Monkeys, lesser apes, and many chimpanzees are loving dick assholes.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Monkeys, lesser apes, and many chimpanzees are loving dick assholes.

I hope you're including the biggest of loving dick rear end in a top hat primates in there.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On the monkeys attacking people in India thing.

When I was about 13, and my brother was about 10 we went to the big Nadi statue in Mysore, (it's the other side of the country to where Haier will be moving, but it still proves a point). We had been to India enough times to know not to feed the wild animals, but given that this statue was accompanied by a temple, (as is everything else in India), the monkeys were used to being fed by people, so they started crowding and harrassing us. Because my brother and I were the smallest of the group. Whilst I may be misremembering this part, I recall one male took a shine to my little brother and very clearly wanted to gently caress him. Either way, he was very scared and ran back to the safety of our air conditioned car as soon as possible, whilst those of us left outside were forced to be continually yelling at the monkeys to piss off.

So yeah, monkeys will attack you and try their hardest to steal any food you have on you in India.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Monkeys are the worst. It was fun watching mainland tourists getting up in their face at Angkor, I saw two cameras snatched. Monkeys run real fast when they got yo poo poo.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like with all this talk of monkeys is just a set up for some one to walk in and poo poo post some racist poo poo.

Orangutans are the most chill of apes.

I remember koko the gorilla is a perv and likes nipples.

I remember years ago some goon talking about monkeys in india said some lady would put milk out for them and that whey would jut up turn the pan and spill the milk everywhere.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Monkeys are just aggressive nasty seagulls with super-human agility and dexterity and near-human intelligence. No loving thanks.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I was in Lopburi, Thailand once where the city center is overrun with monkeys. Most were pretty cool but one got aggressive, bared his teeth at me and charged. I put my foot out in front of me and the little moron charged face first into it, which knocked him to the ground, stunned. Then he recovered and sauntered away.

Any day you passively kick a monkey in the face is a notable day

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
WEIRD:
Last night I was on a social media page and saw something that looked very familiar. It took me about two seconds to realize it was one of my posts. Somebody was recently reposting my posts somewhere else, but it wasn't me. I almost replied saying "HEY, THAT'S MY POST" and then realized doing so would doxx my non-SA accounts. I figured it was one of my posts from last year, from a 2-3 China threads ago. It felt very weird to see that. TBH, I did not feel comfortable. I would link to the page, but I don't want more attention going towards it and goons being more goony.
I think this is a good time to stop posting any new stories or personal things for a while, especially as my China adventure wraps up and I fly into horribly flooded Mumbai where I am sure as hell not getting a train out of there for a while and will have to sit in the hotel for a week, by my estimates. At least the hotel I booked does not have a squatter, and last time I was at that hotel their buffet was amazing. If the hotel is not flooded too. poo poo.

Cantorsdust posted:

Based on the time of onset, this was likely a "preformed toxin" version of food poisoning. Bacteria were allowed to grow on the food during food prep and made the usual toxins that cause illness. Sometimes the food is then cooked, killing the bacteria but not their heat-stabile toxins. Then you eat the food and get the toxin's effect without further infection.

Also Haier, as a doctor, please see someone for all your stomach upset poo poo. It's not normal.
That's pretty neat. Thanks. I blame the bread I ate with my dinner. I also blame China. I blame China for everything.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Haier, I do not believe that monkeys just attack people in the middle of cities in Inida. It's not because I think you're not a reliable source of this information, it's just that such a scenario is so outside of the realm of possibility for me to imagine that I have to choose to believe it isn't real just to stay sane
Macaques are the worst wild animals to live alongside with because they live for 30-40 years and inhabit one tiny patch of land without leaving it. If you live in that tiny patch of land, they are your forever-neighbors, with some of their troops have 100 or more members. If you get on their bad side, they will never forget or forgive you.

Typical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XEhx6iSmnU

Dog and monkeys fighting over bread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s60szKatEYc

This made me laugh really hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rTdUYXUkUo

This a Langur, and they are pretty awesome. These are the guys that bother me in the city I will be living in. Much better than macaques, and they tend to move around and never stay in one area for long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGpLdaY5ivE

Gray Langurs hanging out. They have really small balls, so they are not aggressive by nature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbcfFLgOxP4

This is not India, but probably one of the best 1v1 man and monkey fights I have ever seen. The laughter is so infectious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CZD2vCiys

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
monkeys rule

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

They are cool and rule and are also enormous assholes.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Grand Fromage posted:

Monkeys are the worst. It was fun watching mainland tourists getting up in their face at Angkor, I saw two cameras snatched. Monkeys run real fast when they got yo poo poo.
My first reaction to reading this was skepticism. Why would wild monkeys snatch cameras? There's nothing to eat in there, and even the dumbest primate would realize it after they steal three, tops. On second thought, monkeys are smart enough to train. If someone gave the monkeys food or treats in exchange for cameras, they could incentivize the thefts. It looks like a pretty smart way to train a gang of thieves, and it makes me wonder how many of these "aggressive monkeys" are actually trained to steal, especially at tourist attractions.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
monkeys know when something looks valuable

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

HerStuddMuffin posted:

My first reaction to reading this was skepticism. Why would wild monkeys snatch cameras? There's nothing to eat in there, and even the dumbest primate would realize it after they steal three, tops. On second thought, monkeys are smart enough to train. If someone gave the monkeys food or treats in exchange for cameras, they could incentivize the thefts. It looks like a pretty smart way to train a gang of thieves, and it makes me wonder how many of these "aggressive monkeys" are actually trained to steal, especially at tourist attractions.
One of the first results on Youtube. I have seen this kind of thing happen many times. It's a solid trade, but they still destroy whatever they steal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIBAsjJNj3s

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I think they just grab poo poo and run off with it because they can. Hence being assholes. I don't know if you could train them to do that but they are smart little bastards.

The instances I saw the person was getting right up in their faces with the camera held out to get a good close picture. Everywhere I've been with monkeys they warn you specifically to not give them food or get near them with any object you want to keep.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Grand Fromage posted:

I think they just grab poo poo and run off with it because they can. Hence being assholes. I don't know if you could train them to do that but they are smart little bastards.

The instances I saw the person was getting right up in their faces with the camera held out to get a good close picture. Everywhere I've been with monkeys they warn you specifically to not give them food or get near them with any object you want to keep.
The video I posted above is something very common in populated areas of India. The monkeys learn by one or two experiences that someone is willing to trade food for something else, and then make it a habit to steal certain important things from humans and wait until food comes. If no food comes, then they usually break the item. They absolutely know what they are doing. I've seen them trade food for phones, hats, glasses, and rob people when they walk out of certain stores with new purchases. They suck.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
am i correct in the belief that china lost much face in their recent border dispute with india? because there's a lot of "we hope india will learn from this experience" talk from the chinese foreign minister going on

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.94f4be87718a

quote:

BEIJING — China’s foreign minister said Wednesday he hopes India can “learn lessons” from a recently resolved border standoff and avoid such occurrences in the future, as the leaders of the two Asian giants prepare to meet next week for a summit in southeastern China.

Wang Yi’s remarks came after the countries agreed Monday to pull back their troops from a disputed Himalayan plateau where China, India and Bhutan meet.

“We’re hoping that their side will learn lessons from this incident and prevent some of the things from happening again. We hope that through the efforts of both sides we will maintain healthy and stable relations,” Wang said.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
The funny thing to me about the dispute is that if it were actually a clearcut issue of India occupying Chinese territory, they would just attack instead of bitching on twitter with MS paint drawings of the border. The reaction they show to it tells me quite clearly that they know they have no real case here.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Thanks for the entertaining stories Haier, and I hope you come back to this or some other thread to post your experiences in India.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It reminds me of those horrible property disputes two huge rich rural land owners will have over meaningless exactly property lines. Recently locally two idiots ended up spending hundreds of thousands in surveying and legal fees in a multi-year battle over the exact fence post placement and who's side of the property fence posts were on while they both owned acres and acres of land they don't farm or ranch or use.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I don't know if I can handle life without Haier posts... guess this is the end, pals. It was nice knowing you.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

angel opportunity posted:

The funny thing to me about the dispute is that if it were actually a clearcut issue of India occupying Chinese territory, they would just attack instead of bitching on twitter with MS paint drawings of the border. The reaction they show to it tells me quite clearly that they know they have no real case here.
Don't worry, their little fuerdai got their face power covered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4811346/IT-lecturer-forced-apologise-Chinese-students.html

quote:

Outrage from Chinese students forces Sydney uni lecturer to apologise for using an outdated map that names disputed territories as belonging to India.

Chinese students outraged over a world map showing territory claimed by China as part of India have forced the IT lecturer who used it to apologise.

Khimji Vaghjiani included the offending image in his Sydney University lectures 18 months ago but has now made a public apology after Chinese social media erupted.

The map - which is the first result when Googling 'map of the world' - shows the disputed territories of Arunachal Pradesh and Aksai Chin as belonging to India.

This is not the first time Chinese students at the university have vented their anger over the territorial spat, with an automobile club staging a protest on August 15.

A convoy of supercars emblazoned with the Chinese flag and nationalist slogans were photographed driving through the university grounds.

A statement written on one of the luxury vehicles read: 'Anyone who offends China will be killed no matter how far the target is', SBS reported.

The social media campaign attacking the controversial map is the latest in a series of incidents in which Chinese students have pressured Australian universities.
There are more stories in the article. Australia will continue to bend over backwards and take that Mainland dick money until the bogans start attacking them on the regular.

EDIT: Hahahaha, butt hurt babies

mikerock posted:

Thanks for the entertaining stories Haier, and I hope you come back to this or some other thread to post your experiences in India.
U r verry welcum, bb.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

quote:

A convoy of supercars emblazoned with the Chinese flag and nationalist slogans were photographed driving through the university grounds.

A statement written on one of the luxury vehicles read: 'Anyone who offends China will be killed no matter how far the target is', SBS reported.

The social media campaign attacking the controversial map is the latest in a series of incidents in which Chinese students have pressured Australian universities.

Honestly one of the worst things I've ever read. Tempted to just stop reading about China entirely, it's so infuriating

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Haier posted:

Macaques are the worst wild animals to live alongside with because they live for 30-40 years and inhabit one tiny patch of land without leaving it. If you live in that tiny patch of land, they are your forever-neighbors, with some of their troops have 100 or more members. If you get on their bad side, they will never forget or forgive you.

Honestly I would've thought humans would have just shot the entire pack.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Honestly one of the worst things I've ever read. Tempted to just stop reading about China entirely, it's so infuriating

It's a really bad country and I hope it collapses after I leave

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
The border dispute escalated to the point that (nuclear?) war seemed inevitable. Back channel diplomacy went into overdrive, compromises were sought, agreements brokered between diplomats of both countries away from the media, and at the last hour a solution was found. China was the big loser in the exchange. They avoided a devastating land war, at the cost of the disputed territory, loss of face, and one more concession: they had to give India Haier.

It may not be the official story but it's the version that makes sense to me.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Yeah, that's straight-up "Behead those who insult the prophet" territory.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-china-blog-40811952
It's the tagline to that lovely movie that came out recently.

I've always wondered what kind of lame actor you'd have to be to star in nationalistic movies as the villain if you're not a citizen of the country. Like, it's one thing to hire Asian Americans to play yakuza or something in an American movie, because they are all Americans, but it's another to get an offer for some foreign film saying "You're super hated and a big piece of poo poo, and you will promote hatred and anger in the moviegoers who see you, making more racism and prejudice in the country the movie is released in" and then saying "LOL, how much u gonna pay me?"

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Beats working in a callcenter.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If there are enough zeros in the paycheck I will talk up how the people of Bhutan are undefeatable and will surely conquer the rest of the perverted, degenerate american race of which I am an example.

My father in law wanted me to watch Wolf Warriors, did not like it when I said the ending scene made China seem poorly educated and disciplined

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Haier posted:

I've always wondered what kind of lame actor you'd have to be to star in nationalistic movies as the villain if you're not a citizen of the country.

There was an American POW who basically lived like a relative king in Best Korea for doing exactly that, if memory serves.

Also

Barudak posted:

If there are enough zeros in the paycheck

This, basically. I'd suck a cock if there were 'illions paid in advance.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Haier posted:

WEIRD:
Last night I was on a social media page and saw something that looked very familiar. It took me about two seconds to realize it was one of my posts. Somebody was recently reposting my posts somewhere else, but it wasn't me. I almost replied saying "HEY, THAT'S MY POST" and then realized doing so would doxx my non-SA accounts. I figured it was one of my posts from last year, from a 2-3 China threads ago. It felt very weird to see that. TBH, I did not feel comfortable. I would link to the page, but I don't want more attention going towards it and goons being more goony.
I think this is a good time to stop posting any new stories or personal things for a while, especially as my China adventure wraps up and I fly into horribly flooded Mumbai where I am sure as hell not getting a train out of there for a while and will have to sit in the hotel for a week, by my estimates. At least the hotel I booked does not have a squatter, and last time I was at that hotel their buffet was amazing. If the hotel is not flooded too. poo poo.

was it that "i raised my korean adoptee as a chinese" copypasta?

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'll miss you haier, I am sad we didnt get to see your dads photos of 1970s japanese salary man fashion.

I've noticed lowtax more active on the forum mentioning money is tight if the forum go down, please check in on skullmud or somewhere else just to let us know if you feel better,

I also hope you can find love and be happy.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

WarpedNaba posted:

This, basically. I'd suck a cock if there were 'illions paid in advance.

Hypothetically that makes you a millionaire. Practically it makes you a prostitute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

WarpedNaba posted:

There was an American POW who basically lived like a relative king in Best Korea for doing exactly that, if memory serves.

Yeah it's nuts because his sons speak perfect Korean and one is in the NK military

Welp, be safe Haier

• Locked thread