Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Personally, he reminds me of someone else...

Skeletons all look the same to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Warmachine posted:

Kat could be an etheric robot. That grows. Hair too. With the ether, anything is possible! :yayclod:

Obviously she is that computer.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Kabanaw posted:

I swear to god if this turns into Battlestar Galactica.

For a moment there I was imagining a new Dr Disaster nostalgia-fest chapter, then I realised you were talking about the modern remake of the show :(

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Heavy Zed posted:

Skeletons all look the same to me.

Bonist :colbert: Shame on you.
I think it's rather dubious that Kat's a robot. But I don't think we ever saw her etheric form, aside from what Zimmy sees. And I don't think Annie ever looked at the etheric form of Kat either. Just once in that Laser Cow chapter, but that wasn't anything extraoridnary.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Unhappy Meal posted:

DUDE

that would be so crazy

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Unhappy Meal posted:

This... is too plausible.

:tinfoil: loving hell.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Warmachine posted:

This... is too plausible.

:tinfoil: loving hell.

What if Kat is an android? We've seen weirder, remember that haunted teapot?

slogula
Oct 2, 2013

Rita Repulsa posted:

What if Kat is an android? We've seen weirder, remember that haunted teapot?

Let's hope not. "Computer genius creates robot daughter" is the literal plot of a horrible 80's sitcom.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

slogula posted:

Let's hope not. "Computer genius creates robot daughter" is the literal plot of a horrible 80's sitcom.

Look, if we start putting a moratorium on story ideas because of lovely 80s sitcoms, we're not gonna have a whole lot of stories left.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Guys, I mentioned the 'kat is a robot' thing as a joke that isn't true stop trying to examine it she isn't a robot there have been like 0 hints to that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
What if Kat is perfectly human, but just has like, a partial Robo-brain or something.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

KittyEmpress posted:

Guys, I mentioned the 'kat is a robot' thing as a joke that isn't true

Yet. :catholic:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Kat's the same thing as the humans living on the super computer "Earth". Not a robot :smug:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

Guys, I mentioned the 'kat is a robot' thing as a joke that isn't true stop trying to examine it she isn't a robot there have been like 0 hints to that.

Obviously it's time to read through the archives again to find out if there have been things hinting that she ISN'T a robot! :science:

And right off the bat, I found something interesting: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=72 What is written on that sign above Gamma and Zimmy?

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.

Kikas posted:

Obviously it's time to read through the archives again to find out if there have been things hinting that she ISN'T a robot! :science:

And right off the bat, I found something interesting: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=72 What is written on that sign above Gamma and Zimmy?
It's Greek, running it through google translate comes up with "risk of insect". Clearly this means Zimmy is made of insects, probably robot ones, which in turn would explain why she's so afraid of Kat. :colbert:

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Could Reynardine possess a potato?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Opinion Haver posted:

Could Reynardine possess a potato?

Yes.

E: link

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 23, 2014

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kikas posted:

Man it's weird to see Reynardyne get all racial here.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yes very strange for the insensitive jerk to say something insensitive (which got zero reaction).

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

JT Jag posted:

What if Kat is perfectly human, but just has like, a partial Robo-brain or something.
Battle Angel Alita crossover imminent.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

Elysiume posted:

Battle Angel Alita crossover imminent.

Nose isn't big enough. Hair is maybe too big. :colbert:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

This realm of the dead is a very silly place.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I know the guy's just being a stupid jokester, but that is one hell of a phrasing to use given why Kat is there in the first place.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This is gonna have some consequence in the future. Like basically everything in GC. I'm kinda disappointed that noone tried to expand on the subject of those symbols in the comic, but that's probably not far away. Most likely the girls themselves will try to figure it out.

Also, since Kat is a robot, are now all robots "verified" and allowed to be ghosts and such?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If it weren't for all the avatars, I'd wonder sometimes if this thread weren't reading a different comic than the one Tom is writing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait, that window is clearly two dimensional. How'd that skull even pop out of it?!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SynthOrange posted:

Wait, that window is clearly two dimensional. How'd that skull even pop out of it?!

Ether Majicks

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Its basically a pop up book.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think this comic confirms my theory that they couldn't have even gotten this far if they hadn't had credentials? What with the "denied entry" talk.

So don't worry everyone who tried to whisper to their door to enter the Realm of the Dead, you didn't fail because your spooky ghost voice was insufficient. You just didn't have proper ID.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

SynthOrange posted:

I think what's funnier is the skull is clearly two dimensional.

Also, is bat touching the new pomegranate? Will Annie have to venture into the underworld to negotiate a Kat time share with Hades?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
This answers nothing! Tommmmmmmmmmmm :argh:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

SynthOrange posted:

Maybe it's four dimensional. Or three dimensional but one dimension is different to ours.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

If you'd told me that to get into the realm of the dead they'd have to "verify my credentials with a bat", this is not how I would've imagined it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

mfcrocker posted:

This answers nothing! Tommmmmmmmmmmm :argh:

Her credentials are verified, though, so no worries.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She's going to go inside and see the dead robot chicken wing. "What."

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

SynthOrange posted:

She's going to go inside and see the dead robot chicken wing. "What."

Alternatively, :catstare:

What's the current pool on how long until Kat realizes that there's some Weird Robot poo poo going on centered on her? If the death cult finds out their goddess of death went into the realm of the dead and came back out...

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Man, nobody uses verification bats these days. Have they even heard of RFID?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Anyone else like to think that's Tom sitting at the drawing desk behind the skull?

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

Brightman posted:

Anyone else like to think that's Tom sitting at the drawing desk behind the skull?

Yep, first thing that came to mind.

Verification bat and his string/stick had me cracking the f up. ROTD owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.
I'm surprised nobody's made a touch the bat gif yet. I'm still fond of the idea that we're. Seeing the ROtD as Mort sees it rather than as whatever its true appearance is.