Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The video in that thread (where the screenshots are from) has some fun information on the Road to Elite mode, I really love the stats breakdown. He said it's actually difficult too, even on normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Can’t wait to wrestle with the second male lead from Ben Wheatley’s KILL LIST

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/thesamfords/status/1665100910450597890?s=20

this deserves attention

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

holy poo poo lmao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm the very important ps5 trackball

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what's sticking out of the cabinet? huge ps5?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm the very important ps5 trackball

hey man, you can play the arcade game 720 with that

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Curious detail: in the menu where you pick your difficulty and so forth, there's an option to set your diet restrictions.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

projecthalaxy posted:

Curious detail: in the menu where you pick your difficulty and so forth, there's an option to set your diet restrictions.

It doesn't alter the gameplay. It's just for the restaurant cutscenes in career mode.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Bryan Danielson arguing in a cutscene that he's vegan and vegetarians are just fickle fickle amateurs

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Bryan Danielson Perineum Tanning minigame

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

jericho gets on stevia

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Gavok posted:

It doesn't alter the gameplay. It's just for the restaurant cutscenes in career mode.

They should have preferred drinks as well.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Plus if you're vegan, your character adds "btw im vegan :cool:" to every sentence like a moogle saying kupo

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gavok posted:

This is loving hilarious if this is only put in for Bryan. I know there are other vegan wrestlers on the roster (I remember Zelina/Black being a vegan couple at some point?), but I am just picturing it being snooty vegan stuff when shown

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i hope i can change my wrestler's diet to be solely slim jims and dr pepper

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Where's my uppers/downers option for the drug floor cutscenes

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

i hope i can change my wrestler's diet to be solely slim jims and dr pepper

Wrestler Dietary Options:

Non-Vegetarian
Vegetarian
Vegan
> A Shame

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

projecthalaxy posted:

Non-Vegetarian
Vegetarian
Vegan
> A Shame

No, that’s lobsters and limes only. Too many limes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

projecthalaxy posted:

Non-Vegetarian
Vegetarian
Vegan
> A Shame

2 am Waffle House brawl

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

A cool feature they mentioned in Deadlock: during the (abbreviated) entrances, you can hit various buttons to manually trigger your pyro, camera effects, etc.

Also it is apparently very much NOT a no mercy fangame, it's somewhere between no mercy and hctp, but if you go in wanting either, you'll be confused.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'll go in wanting to play a wrestling game.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Gavok posted:

I’ll be honest I would be more hyped if it meant fighting game-style “floor chicken” powerups were present and could be customized, ala Dead Cells or Streets of Rage 4.

Also cannot wait for what’s sure to be an extremely low-effort rendering of a restaurant interior. Just the CAW eating in a completely empty dining hall.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

I’ll be honest I would be more hyped if it meant fighting game-style “floor chicken” powerups were present and could be customized, ala Dead Cells or Streets of Rage 4.

Also cannot wait for what’s sure to be an extremely low-effort rendering of a restaurant interior. Just the CAW eating in a completely empty dining hall.

Maybe it's like the Fire Pro NJPW story mode, and instead of SANADA staring at you silently, it's Abadon.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Is there no preorder for Steam/PC?

I assume we'll just get a bunch of DLC characters on the store then.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
They forgot steam exists unfortunately. Not the first time this happened to a publisher

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

projecthalaxy posted:

Also it is apparently very much NOT a no mercy fangame, it's somewhere between no mercy and hctp, but if you go in wanting either, you'll be confused.

I suspect that the most likely comparision will be the Gamecube WWE games. They filled that halfway between No Mercy and HCTP.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thats good those are fun games. The deadlock boys talked about the game on their show. The meter in the match is a finisher meter from like the smackdown games not a momentum gauge. there is a chain grappling system like from wwe15. The tiers of wrestlers is real and they were saying its hard to beat big wrestlers with little wrestlers. There was a few more things but thats all that stuck in my craw.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

And since the two matches they mentioned being statistically difficult were Riho/Paul Wight and Shida/Kenny, it seems they are going back to the old system of "intergender matches are allowed, but HHH is 93 ovr and Trish is 58"

Actually, does the game have user-viewable stats like that? I don't think the n64 games did and that seems to be at least their interface inspiration.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

They seemed more down on it initially on the podcast than I expected but once they got past their disappointment that it's not really like the classic games they know and love (and were told the game plays like) it sounded like they had a lot of fun playing it. As someone who never really played those old AKI games I'm not sure if that'll matter for me all that much. It was just hard to gauge whether they didn't like the game or were just bummed that it doesn't feel like the n64 games really at all.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

projecthalaxy posted:

And since the two matches they mentioned being statistically difficult were Riho/Paul Wight and Shida/Kenny, it seems they are going back to the old system of "intergender matches are allowed, but HHH is 93 ovr and Trish is 58"

Actually, does the game have user-viewable stats like that? I don't think the n64 games did and that seems to be at least their interface inspiration.

career mode videos had stats visible, and i can't imagine they'd program that in without having it universally present. the WWE n64 games had visible stats too, but you had to go into edit mode to see them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

For me, the easy move sets (weak/strong grapple and hit a direction + button to do different moves) and the finisher meter are enough to make it N64-like for me. I just want something fun and simple and easy to pick up and play with anybody.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Watching Denker and Cole play a match at the fan fest thing it definitely looks much faster paced than No Mercy/VPW.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Ganso Bomb posted:

For me, the easy move sets (weak/strong grapple and hit a direction + button to do different moves) and the finisher meter are enough to make it N64-like for me. I just want something fun and simple and easy to pick up and play with anybody.

yeah. i'd have absolutely loved if they just felt like a new game on that engine, but i don't think i ever fully expected that was a possibility. if i care enough, i'll get one of the mods for those games working; i put in enough hours on various lovely WWE games to know i'll enjoy whatever happens here.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

anyone have a transcript/outline of that podcast? i like reading a lot more than listening.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

career mode videos had stats visible, and i can't imagine they'd program that in without having it universally present. the WWE n64 games had visible stats too, but you had to go into edit mode to see them.

Thanks. I only played No Mercy for like 90 mins ever so I didn't see edit mode. I just remember the character select screen not having them.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

projecthalaxy posted:

Thanks. I only played No Mercy for like 90 mins ever so I didn't see edit mode. I just remember the character select screen not having them.

yeah AKI definitely didn't foreground them. i liked that a lot more than WWE's faux sports game presentation.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The AKI engine will always exist and people are still making great mods for the games. If you were scared off in the past by all the emulator poo poo you'd have to do to get it working, it's much better these days and people just do 1 installer package that gets you whatever you need. Just buy a N64 USB controller and have fun.

The stuff I've seen of the AEW game looks cool, I'm excited to play it. I will likely get it on Steam, but I'm also interested how the Switch version plays. If it can play smoothly I'd be down for it, graphics be damned.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

this was my big thing, trying to get any of my friends into the wwe games the past decade was hard. Crazy controls and the grapple system is over hauled every year.

the momemtum system is great in the slow aki games. i love when i get my rear end whooped early and fight back it feels great. this game looked way to fast for that so im happy you have a meter. hope it charges fast or you can adjust the charge speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

whos getting it on what? I would like to fight all of you on the ps4 version