Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

right arm posted:

with only one home depot trip :cool:

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

We got a bad rear end over here

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Hmm. I went up to check something in the loft space and now I've got a rash going up both arms.

That seems less than ideal. I know its a long shot, but anyone have any idea what might be causing it? I've been doing aome cutting so I guess it could be from the sawdust too...

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
My stupid Bosch oven sucks, the touch screen is so unresponsive. Has anybody else had this issue? So many times I had to bake at 380 instead of 375 because the 7 wouldn't respond or whatever.

And the microwave/convection oven unit LED is barely even visible.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

PerniciousKnid posted:

My stupid Bosch oven sucks, the touch screen is so unresponsive. Has anybody else had this issue? So many times I had to bake at 380 instead of 375 because the 7 wouldn't respond or whatever.

And the microwave/convection oven unit LED is barely even visible.

Just making sure - you took off any screen coverings right?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

GlyphGryph posted:

Hmm. I went up to check something in the loft space and now I've got a rash going up both arms.

That seems less than ideal. I know its a long shot, but anyone have any idea what might be causing it? I've been doing aome cutting so I guess it could be from the sawdust too...

The least harmful option I can think of is fiberglass insulation scratched you up a bunch.

An allergic reaction to the sawdust is also possible; is it a species of wood you haven't worked with before? Did you breathe any of the sawdust? Because if you did and you're not having a swelled throat / difficulty breathing, it's probably not the wood.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

GlyphGryph posted:

Fiberglass insulation doesn't do this to me, but it does this to a friend of mine.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

Yeah I think so. The oven came with the new (to me) house, I didn't buy it myself.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

For over 5 years, I didn't realize the Bosch dishwasher I installed had plastic covering the front. It was like a new dishwasher the day I peeled it.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Me this morning: "man I don't feel like dragging the 12' ladder out of the shed to clean some gutters"

My 70yo father in law:" hmm my chimney might have a leak better build some scaffolding and re-tar and caulk it all"

brugroffil fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 20, 2024

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

brugroffil posted:

Me this morning: "man I don't feel like dragging the 12' ladder out of the shed to clean some gutters"

My 70yo father in law:" hmm my chimney might have a leak better build some scaffolding and re-tar and caulk it all"

I hope he tied that into the structure somewhere, that's too high to not have if I remember correctly.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Yes, I'm sure the probably-ex-contractor with 4 decks of vintage system on casters from the 70s had that as his top priority.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

brugroffil posted:

dudes rock

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Motronic posted:

Yes, I'm sure the probably-ex-contractor with 4 decks of vintage system on casters from the 70s had that as his top priority.

Close, union painter

It has a couple of ratchet straps about two thirds of the way up wrapping around the chimney. I've seen him do much more sketchy things than this.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
My now 85 year old uncle still gets up on the second story roof to inspect and clean their chimney each season. He got cut off from a car rental a year ago due to age and was laughing about how he could still tow a power pole with a whatever-ton utility truck but a ford full size sedan was too dangerous. He decided to let his CDL lapse for his 85th birthday.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

right arm posted:

dudes rock

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I thought I’d be handy in the new house and buy a pressure washer for my painted pool deck

I think I hosed up! Thankfully realized I was stripping the paint early. Guess I’ll try soap and garden hose sprayer next, is there anything I can apply on top of this to prevent further flaking off or do I just need some touch up paint

Thom ZombieForm fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 21, 2024

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
You would need to remove the loose paint to do a proper job. To do that you'd need... a pressure washer.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Thom ZombieForm posted:

I thought I’d be handy in the new house and buy a pressure washer for my painted pool deck

I think I hosed up! Thankfully realized I was stripping the paint early. Guess I’ll try soap and garden hose sprayer next, is there anything I can apply on top of this to prevent further flaking off or do I just need some touch up paint

Good news: no you didn't. Bad news: the previous owners didn't prep this area properly before paint and it's all gonna eventuially come off. There is no applying things on top to fix it: the problem is it's not bonded correctly and needs to come off entirely.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just be careful with a pressure washer or you can end up painting your name or a dick in concrete. Don’t ask how I know.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

That's a good point too, I'm assuming this was done properly, not with a 0 or 15 nozzle held 4" from the surface.

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
Oh awesome, I’ll let that be my first deferred maintenance item here. poo poo! Maybe it’ll last the season :). I might need to unfriend the prior owners on fb

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Thom ZombieForm posted:

Oh awesome, I’ll let that be my first deferred maintenance item here. poo poo! Maybe it’ll last the season :). I might need to unfriend the prior owners on fb

https://www.amazon.com/K%C3%A4rcher-Universal-Attachment-Quick-Connect-Connector/dp/B01BMB3X68/ref=sr_1_1?sr=8-1

If this takes it off it's them. If it doesn't it was you.

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
While I have you, look at the “barn door” bathroom. It’s now May which I guess means in this house, the barn door to access the shitter no longer functions, bolt head hits the trim

Do I call a general contractor to cut into wood repaint and move on or do I just get a regular fuckin door. Oh and there’s no interior handle to open the door so you get stuck inside if you don’t know a secret method to getting out. Bad cell service too

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

You're going to need an old priest and a young priest.

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive

1900 psi here with ryobi TURBO attachment held > 6 inch, may have been my doing, probably shouldn’t have gone straight for the TURBO

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Thom ZombieForm posted:

or do I just get a regular fuckin door. Oh and there’s no interior handle to open the door so you get stuck inside if you don’t know a secret method to getting out. Bad cell service too

I'd replace it. Regular doors cut down a lot more on bathroom... uhh... sounds.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Thom ZombieForm posted:

While I have you, look at the “barn door” bathroom. It’s now May which I guess means in this house, the barn door to access the shitter no longer functions, bolt head hits the trim

Do I call a general contractor to cut into wood repaint and move on or do I just get a regular fuckin door. Oh and there’s no interior handle to open the door so you get stuck inside if you don’t know a secret method to getting out. Bad cell service too

1. Lol

2. Get a small pull saw or oscillating tool and cut the slot in the trim bigger

3. Bathroom you can't get out of sounds unsafe. Have you had to rescue anyone yet?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Thom ZombieForm posted:

1900 psi here with ryobi TURBO attachment held > 6 inch, may have been my doing, probably shouldn’t have gone straight for the TURBO

The turbo head is basically a 0° nozzle on a ball bearing that spins around in a circle, so you probably want to avoid that.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If you don’t wanna replace it just router a little more off the edge. Looks like poo poo though if you’re gonna keep it do something with that trim.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

Just be careful with a pressure washer and you can end up painting your name or a dick in concrete.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

nvm

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 21, 2024

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Might just be the perspective, but also looks like you could probably rotate the bolt head a few degrees more and clear the dado in the trim and keep trucking a bit longer. Maybe not though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Definitely throw $1800 at a general contractor to break out the oscillating tool and basic trim paint

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
For $1,800, I'd hope, would use a palm router with a guide/jig. :)

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Finally completed the landscaping for the patio remodel. We have just a few more details left and this project will be done, mostly waiting on Pella at this point to manufacture and ship the door we’re adding from the house directly into the screened in space. The money has totally been worth it, it’s a really nice place to hang out for a fire or just to read a book in the shade.

Before:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That is waaaaay more inviting.

Good design and execution by you & yours!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Looks much more useable.

Curious what you did for the furnace intake/exhaust that looks like it was where your screened in porch now is?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Time for another round of a homeowners favorite game:

"Why is there water on the floor of my basement?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

brugroffil posted:

Curious what you did for the furnace intake/exhaust that looks like it was where your screened in porch now is?

Had them moved around the corner from where the hose reel was. You can see them behind the compressor there. I’m not going to work on this side until fall, it will be getting a small fence to hide the compressor and a stone/grass path where the red pavers are now. Reused pavers from the old patio for the grill pad.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 22, 2024