Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Who does everyone think the worst drivers to win a World Drivers Championship are? My answer is Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Damon Hill, Nigel Mansell, James Hunt, Jackie Stewart, Graham Hill, Jim Clark, John Surtees, and Mike Hawthorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No Country For Good Drivers.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

track day bro! posted:

If we could retroactively exclude every championship won by a British person as they all probably cheated.

Except Our Jenson, of course, who is a paragon of sportsmanship and fair play.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Clarence posted:

Except Our Jenson, of course, who is a paragon of sportsmanship and fair play.

He sucks rear end.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The Romans had this thing called damnatio memoriae where every mention of a person was scrubbed completely from everything - monuments, laws, histories - and even mentioning the person was punishable.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Antti posted:

The Romans had this thing called damnatio memoriae where every mention of a person was scrubbed completely from everything - monuments, laws, histories - and even mentioning the person was punishable.

So when do we start applying that to this year's Honda engine?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

iospace posted:

So when do we start applying that to this year's Honda engine?

Or 90% of the posts in this thread?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Antti posted:

:rip: Hefe, Tony, Wirth, Mattdrizzle, Wicka

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I bet if Honda went to a non British team they would be up there with Mercedes, I bet it's more the Bad British Team McLaren holding Honda back.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

He sucks rear end.

Mmmmmmoooooddddddsssss

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Eradicate Lewis Hamilton

Solid av and post synergy right there.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Thanks Ants posted:

Mmmmmmoooooddddddsssss

Bad driver who had to qq to Ross Brawn when an almost dead Rubens Barichello started threatening his title challenge. Then barely managed to scrape the wdc as he couldnt handle how good Vettel was.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I kinda wish I had bought that AV for myself but it probably would've been replaced by something horrific within 72 hours.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Like lance stroll?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I would hate my av to be the face of the newest freshest future f1 wdc and f1 posterboy of 2018.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Who does everyone think the worst drivers to win a World Drivers Championship are? My answer is Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Damon Hill, Nigel Mansell, James Hunt, Jackie Stewart, Graham Hill, Jim Clark, John Surtees, and Mike Hawthorn.

James Hunt, Alan Jones, The Rosbergs, Damon Hill, Jaques Villenueve, Lewis Hamilton

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OhsH posted:

I would hate my av to be the face of the newest freshest future f1 wdc and f1 posterboy of 2018.

Well, you do have the gangtag.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

I am vaguely entertaining switching to Briggs next year.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Oh is that not Lance on the kart?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thanks Ants posted:

Oh is that not Lance on the kart?

What kart?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:drat:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
This thread today has so much wanna be triggering content except....

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

I am vaguely entertaining switching to Briggs next year.

Friendo, get that switch done before the off season and thank me later.

Nice av, better than a shoey imo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Someone should water board Lewis with champagne

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Just lol at people implying that someone (especially a good British lad like Hamilton) could impede Romain Grosjean any more than he impedes himself simply by being Romain Grosjean

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I will proudly rep the av of best 2017 merc driver nico rosberg.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

Friendo, get that switch done before the off season and thank me later.

Nice av, better than a shoey imo.

Dunno if I'm actually going to do it, depends if they actually do kick me out of the class. It's sort of entered my mind that if I do buy a new chassis that's an option. I don't think my driving style would be that great with the 4 stroke though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Adapt your driving style

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
If anything ive seen tag drivers come thru and dominate 206, as an addef bonus, your tires will last twice as long. What are popular chassis at your poo poo? Crg and k&k prob?

Norns posted:

Adapt your driving style

Also this.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

If anything ive seen tag drivers come thru and dominate 206, as an addef bonus, your tires will last twice as long. What are popular chassis at your poo poo? Crg and k&k prob?

Also this.

I'd definitely be more competitive after getting up to speed, but I do think it would be a struggle to initially adapt.

Popular chassis' are Tony and PCR. Tony is the easy way out and I'm already sick of welding this POS up. My kart now is PCR and I have to really rag the poo poo out of it to get it to work, don't think it'd work in Briggs.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Get u a birel am29 fron pslkarting.com and dominate

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Say I didn't dumpster dive for parts, typically what's a race weekend cost?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I will probably just get something used, but just a couple years old as opposed to ancient as poo poo.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Try to find you a birel am29, its real good.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Say I didn't dumpster dive for parts, typically what's a race weekend cost?

If you can maintain a chain it's pretty much the race entry fee plus gas, and tires assuming you keep your nose clean. If you're crashing out constantly the costs can escalate pretty quick.

Also I use the finest parts from Germany aside from my tires. hth.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also holy poo poo these birels are cheap. If I wasn't buying a bike next year I'd be tempted to get one new.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Assuming you have tools, transport, and storage, p drat cheap.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Buy a 1980s Chevy Astro/GMC Safari. The kart will fit right in the back with the rear seats removed.

Also you can be known as the sketchy dude with a van that reeks of gasoline.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
The loving tuning window on the 29 is insane with the ylcs, i think ive only pulled out all the caster and dicked with rear tire width and the loving thing just keeps getting faster. And i have even more options up my sleeve should my poo poo get too stuck in the hotter weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

The loving tuning window on the 29 is insane with the ylcs, i think ive only pulled out all the caster and dicked with rear tire width and the loving thing just keeps getting faster. And i have even more options up my sleeve should my poo poo get too stuck in the hotter weather.

Ya the PCR is the exact opposite. I've had to fiddle with so much poo poo just to get it to work and even now I'm still using the brake to turn in one corner of the track. Also for some bizarre reason it works really well in low grip conditions so it's impossible to read into what it's going to do on race day.

• Locked thread