Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Drunk Nerds posted:

This blips my hoax radar a bit. A two-year old should have a shoulder-to-shoulder width of about 9 inches. Naturally, kids vary a bit, but even a smaller child should be able to stick out their elbows, put their feet against the sides, or inhale and stop their progress easily. Yet they ran a camera 260 feet deep and saw nothing. Also they haven't heard a peep from the hole either.

Not impossible, but close to it in my opinion.

yeah he should have known to take a stick or a large dog with him to prop him up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

The article I read said the hole was 15" across as the widest point so it may narrow to 9" further down. Apparently they found some candy and a cup the boy was holding while investigating the hole so it does sound like he fell in. It also sounds like the tunnel narrows from a possible cave in and that he may be beyond that point.

Or the parents threw the candy and cup in there to make it look like he fell in. How deep does the conspiracy go? 360 feet

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it just me or does it seem really odd that Jayme Closs's kidnapper didn't rape her, it seems? He had her change out of her pee soaked clothing in another bathroom away from his sight, and when she had almost escaped, he banged on the wall really hard and said bad things would happen to her. Other than that, it seems like he was just keeping her as a prize for... reasons? I wonder what his end game plan was. To fixate so heavily to the point of murdering her parents straight up and taking her, but then hands off? Strange.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

Or the parents threw the candy and cup in there to make it look like he fell in. How deep does the conspiracy go? 360 feet

His parents say they've heard him crying from the hole, but there hasn't been any sign of him since Sunday. There is wet sand in the hole, so now rescuers believe part of the hole's wall collapsed and buried the boy.

It's pretty tragic, the parents already lost their older son who had a heart attack at age three.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8188562/costa-del-sol-boy-down-well-malaga/

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MightyJoe36 posted:

When my youngest was 2, one of his favorite things was to bang his head into the washer repeatedly because he liked the noise it made.

Metal health drove him mad :rock:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

cinni posted:

Is it just me or does it seem really odd that Jayme Closs's kidnapper didn't rape her, it seems? He had her change out of her pee soaked clothing in another bathroom away from his sight, and when she had almost escaped, he banged on the wall really hard and said bad things would happen to her. Other than that, it seems like he was just keeping her as a prize for... reasons? I wonder what his end game plan was. To fixate so heavily to the point of murdering her parents straight up and taking her, but then hands off? Strange.

Maybe it was one of those weird purity things? :shrug:

Even if it was hands off that's small comfort.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

cinni posted:

I hate to be a killjoy but one piece of speculation I heard is that the charges for that piece may be coming later, perhaps this week. The talking head that I heard said that it has to do with her being held in a different county than the one from where where she was kidnapped. There's more charges expected, so the speculation was that the two prosecutors will work out an arrangement to try it all at once, to spare the victim and her family from having to go through it all twice, but first step in that is the prosecutor in the county where she was held needs to file. I sincerely hope that I'm incorrect though and that she wasn't sexually assaulted.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

cinni posted:

Obviously you have to build some rapport with your victim before you ask them out on a date.

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

pidan posted:

It's pretty tragic, the parents already lost their older son who had a heart attack at age three.

Honestly this more than anything else makes me suspicious. I wonder if he really had a heart attack or something more nefarious? If it is random chance, man this family has terrible luck.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

Honestly this more than anything else makes me suspicious. I wonder if he really had a heart attack or something more nefarious? If it is random chance, man this family has terrible luck.

Child mortality rates in some parts of the world are just rough, not even just in developing nations. Sometimes it's hard to have kids properly assessed for congenital problems and general stuff that areas with properly staffed and funded healthcare infrastructure scoff at.

That said, I too would get a little suspicious at someone's kids dying in succession.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Der Luftwaffle posted:

That said, I too would get a little suspicious at someone's kids dying in succession.

"‘To lose one parent.. may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.’ -Lady Bracknell

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I feel kinda bad that I forced the conspiracy theory train as a joke, and now it's looking more likely.
This best part of being a pessimist is being wrong. The worst part is being right.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

From what I've read, the other boy's death wasn't suspicious at all. He was outside with another family's child when he suddenly collapsed, and he died some days later in the hospital. Spain has relatively good healthcare overall, but there are some heart problems that can only be detected with special tests that won't be done without a good reason, and some of those heart conditions can lead to sudden death.

Maybe the younger child isn't actually in the hole (though all people involved say he is), but being suspicious of the parents is uncalled for at this point.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

jobson groeth posted:

Congratulations on raising a future President of the United States of America :911:

When I was a kid they always said that the great thing about America was that anybody could grow up to be President.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

pidan posted:

From what I've read, the other boy's death wasn't suspicious at all. He was outside with another family's child when he suddenly collapsed, and he died some days later in the hospital. Spain has relatively good healthcare overall, but there are some heart problems that can only be detected with special tests that won't be done without a good reason, and some of those heart conditions can lead to sudden death.

Maybe the younger child isn't actually in the hole (though all people involved say he is), but being suspicious of the parents is uncalled for at this point.

Munchausen by proxy is a thing, you know.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

and?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They should have filled the hole in their yard before trying to fill the hole in their hearts.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
For those who listened to the Casefile on it or just kept up with the case in general, Tom Brown's body was located yesterday and confirmed via dental records. :smith:

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
At what point does the host of They Walk Among Us start speaking more than two or three words in sequence before pausing for an eternity?

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

If you want to take a wild ride, I suggest Abducted in Plain sight on Netflix. Man grooms girl and girl's entire family (presumably fucks both of her parents ) in order to access her. Man abducts her (parents don't report her missing for a week), convinces her that magical space aliens need her to make a baby with him to save the Alien planet until the FBI brings her home. Family decides not to press charges because all the gay sex the father was having with the man would be exposed. Family still interacts with man, parents presumably continue to have sex with man and allow him access to girl. Man abducts her again and parents wait for 2 weeks this time to report it. I always thought the LDS church was pretty weird but man I never understood how broke-brained it could make people. I get that this was a different time but still, how dumb and focused on getting the D from a child molester were her parents? Lord what a bananas story.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I wonder if all the other perverts in prison were impressed with the hat trick

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

If you want to take a wild ride, I suggest Abducted in Plain sight on Netflix. Man grooms girl and girl's entire family (presumably fucks both of her parents ) in order to access her. Man abducts her (parents don't report her missing for a week), convinces her that magical space aliens need her to make a baby with him to save the Alien planet until the FBI brings her home. Family decides not to press charges because all the gay sex the father was having with the man would be exposed. Family still interacts with man, parents presumably continue to have sex with man and allow him access to girl. Man abducts her again and parents wait for 2 weeks this time to report it. I always thought the LDS church was pretty weird but man I never understood how broke-brained it could make people. I get that this was a different time but still, how dumb and focused on getting the D from a child molester were her parents? Lord what a bananas story.

I feel like I need a flowchart to untangle that mess

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

I wonder if all the other perverts in prison were impressed with the hat trick

I feel like its not uncommon for predators to get with single women with kids in order to access them but its definitely taking it to the next level to seduce both parents without the other knowing. At least the dad eventually decided he was a creeper after the kidnapping, the mom slept with him multiple times after he kidnapped and repeatedly raped her child and then shipped the girl off to stay with him over summer break. I still don't understand how its possible to be so naive to the fact that this guy just wanted to bone that girl.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Don Gato posted:

I feel like I need a flowchart to untangle that mess

It would just be a bunch of lines coming from the one dude and going to an entire family.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah it's actually not that hard to follow, this is a dude who put all of his points into Charisma and Speech. I assume everyone involved is hideous but still

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Just stopping by to point out that a raped child is probably ugly

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Just stopping by to point out that a raped child is probably ugly

Quoted for posterity

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Quoted for posterity

you quoted the wrong one

Phlegmish posted:

I assume everyone involved is hideous

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I admit it was inappropriate. I apologize.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

I admit it was inappropriate. I apologize.

I assumed you meant all the very hosed up adults but goons gonna goon :shrug:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

wyntyr posted:

i assume that was the intended meaning too but the meaning intended and the meaning of what was written aren't the same and i don't think it was wrong or goony to point that out, necessarily. also "i bet they're ugly" in response to a sex crime is kinda gross anyway (and wouldn't the Goon Response be "dont get offended on a comedy forum im gay"?)

e: it was unnecessary but very nice of you to apologize, op! that should not go unnoted

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

wyntyr posted:

That was indeed what I meant, but I can see how it's still kind of a hosed comment given the crime involved. Sometimes we chase those lols and lmaos without stopping to think

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

I feel like its not uncommon for predators to get with single women with kids in order to access them but its definitely taking it to the next level to seduce both parents without the other knowing. At least the dad eventually decided he was a creeper after the kidnapping, the mom slept with him multiple times after he kidnapped and repeatedly raped her child and then shipped the girl off to stay with him over summer break. I still don't understand how its possible to be so naive to the fact that this guy just wanted to bone that girl.

It's not naivety, it's denial and/or not giving a poo poo because she's a poo poo parent. Plus I bet she gave her daughter hell for 'stealing' his attention from her, that happens sometimes when fathers abuse their kids and the mother knows about it.

Brains sure are hosed up blobs of cholesterol aren't they?

TUNAFISHING 87
Dec 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone posted this? Im sure they have but I checked a bit and didnt see it

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-18/man-hospitalised-inject-semen-into-arm-to-cure-back-pain/10727310

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I jokingly told an exgirlfriend of mine that semen actually cures headaches, but they never asked me so I don't think they could have known that. It didn't work by the way.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

There's a bunch of kids born by IVF who might disagree.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

InediblePenguin posted:

(and wouldn't the Goon Response be "dont get offended on a comedy forum im gay"?)

Whether this forum is dead or not is a matter for better posters than I to debate. But one nice thing I've seen over time is that although yeah, the various Canonical Goon Responses get aired out now and again, there is much more inclusivity and kindness (relatively speaking) here than there was once upon a time

I'll have a large frosty and large fries please

TUNAFISHING 87
Dec 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Slippery posted:

I'll have a large frosty and large fries please

Sir, this is a IVF Clinic.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

TUNAFISHING 87 posted:

Sir, this is a IVF Clinic.

But I can't decide if I want my eggs scrambled or fertilized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

That’s a good way to gently caress up your back.