Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I was never goth growing up, but everyone called me that because I simply wore all black clothing. I just thought it looked better, that's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I did a semester of high school as an exchange student in the US late in '99

Got an "office referral" because other students had reported me for wearing "too much black"

And with that - not for the last time - America made me scratch my head a bit

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

LingcodKilla posted:

Is that an inflatable hottub? Me want.

The smile says you enjoyed yourself! Swinging around martial weapons is fun and I kinda miss baton training.

Yes! I was worried it had a slow puncture after storage over the summer but it turns out it's okay.

And yeah, fighting is great. I get fed up of being poked with spears though. And this time the guy who insists on using a short halberd type thing but clearly doesn't have good control of it because he hits way too hard managed to injure someone. If you can't control how hard you are hitting, it's too heavy for you. Guys a douche though, hope he learns from it at least.

I'll get a picture of me next time, I use longsword and heater shield which gives me an advantage over everyone that goes viking era. But I need armour.

[edit]I'm not cool enough to be a goth, I feel intimidated by them but secretly wish I could dress like that occasionally.

lookslikerain has a new favorite as of 16:13 on Jan 10, 2019

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

clockwork automaton posted:

Someone told me they didn't think I was goth :cry:

Sounds like someone needs to be sacrificed to Beelzebub

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

lookslikerain posted:

Yes! I was worried it had a slow puncture after storage over the summer but it turns out it's okay.

And yeah, fighting is great. I get fed up of being poked with spears though. And this time the guy who insists on using a short halberd type thing but clearly doesn't have good control of it because he hits way too hard managed to injure someone. If you can't control how hard you are hitting, it's too heavy for you. Guys a douche though, hope he learns from it at least.

I'll get a picture of me next time, I use longsword and heater shield which gives me an advantage over everyone that goes viking era. But I need armour.

[edit]I'm not cool enough to be a goth, I feel intimidated by them but secretly wish I could dress like that occasionally.

I took a couple bad wrist sprains and I’m always afraid I’m gonna break them if I got back into impact sparring. Splitting logs at a controlled pace will have to do.

I was goth/grunge (ankhs n flannel oh my) in high school but I hung up my skin tight black jeans and cheap combat boots 20 years ago. Never touched the make up though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Schmeichy posted:

Sounds like someone needs to be sacrificed to Beelzebub

Whoooaaa I need that mug!

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I'm scared of the cool mug

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Inzombiac posted:

Whoooaaa I need that mug!

haha, it's goon art, actually!

https://www.redbubble.com/people/jvtart/works/16525872-mothman-lives?p=mug&style=standard&rbs=b6276949-4398-4e27-9069-1d4c50e86353

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

lookslikerain posted:

Nice! I do fencing, too. Mostly German longsword stuff, but we also do sword/shield, rapier, and pole arm stuff on occasion. Dual arming swords vs sword and shield is real fun.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Reppin the true power in the system

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Is... is that an expanse hoodie?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Is... is that an expanse hoodie?

Sure as the dust in my blood

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

And the sammich in yo belly

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

since im texan i feel the need for a mcrn shirt too.

And to finally get a start on book 5

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Teagan made me a really wonderful scarf for Christmas and it's finally cold enough to need it!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

COOL CORN posted:

Teagan made me a really wonderful scarf for Christmas and it's finally cold enough to need it!

:glomp:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Spent a little more time getting ready today because I have a party after work

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

I didn't bother going to work for two weeks so I also didn't bother shaving. That all ends Monday. About to go get a hair cut too. Happy Friday!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
You are all beautiful!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

FreshFeesh posted:

You are all beautiful!

Thanks!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

RandomZero posted:

I didn't bother going to work for two weeks so I also didn't bother shaving. That all ends Monday. About to go get a hair cut too. Happy Friday!

I dig it :swoon:

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.
Hi! I sold a lot of beer last night!

This is my nugget, Charles.

He is the best.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

RandomZero posted:

I think you could rock a manicured stubble look pretty well. Happy Friday!

appleskates posted:

Hi! I sold a lot of beer last night!

This is my nugget, Charles.

He is the best.

All hail the giver of beer. Also I love nugget

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Schmeichy posted:

I think you could rock a manicured stubble look pretty well. Happy Friday!

All hail the giver of beer. Also I love nugget

Agreeing with all of this.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Molly says hi to your nugget. Mine is a bit of a weeny when it comes to the cold, hence the snuggly coat.

This is her adopted sister Martie Mcfly, they are BFFs.

Rythe has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Jan 11, 2019

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
hosed up the guard setting on my trimmer when trimming my mustache, it looked weird, so I just shaved it all off.

The previous photo I posted, with the demon core shirt, was after ... I don't actually remember the last time I trimmed/shaved the sides of the facial hair. Several months.

Lil' bro Baggins (he'll be 30 in March) has the same lack of beardiness, though he's let his hair and beard run wild so that he can do a sort of combover to fill in the gaps between sideburns and beard. He looks like a baby Grizzly Adams. When clean-shaven, he looks 15.

I had a similar problem when I was his age:

Babby Agent 47, circa 2008.

My 2007 Halloween costume, titled "fop til you drop" in my album:

At that time, I was required to shave for work (retail). After I left, they relaxed the regs, and now there's a poster of acceptable facial hair styles in the breakroom.

Amusingly, our dad has a full beard. I guess we got our non-balding heads and wispy beards genes from our mother's side. Dad has rocked the full beard since 1976 -- he grew it out because he was into the mountain man thing, with blackpowder rifles and all that, to celebrate the bicentennial, and kept it.

Dad at 21:

Dad in his 50s:

Somewhat earlier than those photos of me, late '90s coaching Lil' bro's baseball team, now all his hairs are white and he's lost some weight (he's basically Bill from L4D, first name and Girl Scout hat included)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Chillbro Baggins posted:

Dad in his 50s:

Somewhat earlier than those photos of me, late '90s coaching Lil' bro's baseball team, now all his hairs are white and he's lost some weight (he's basically Bill from L4D, first name and Girl Scout hat included)

I just The Bill Murray Stories and wow, he really does get around. I don't get the baseball fandom but he keeps it real.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That does look dead-on like Bill Murray. Explains how chill CB looks :D

Not gonna let AGDQ stop me from postin'

What does Weekend Time mean?

Homework :eng99:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
gently caress yeah homework!!! :parrot:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
This is Sprinkles, a very good outdoor cat who doesn’t get nearly enough pets and skritches.

She is currently complaining that I stopped my affection long enough to snap a picture

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

FreshFeesh posted:

This is Sprinkles, a very good outdoor cat who doesn’t get nearly enough pets and skritches.

She is currently complaining that I stopped my affection long enough to snap a picture

Your cat looks a LOT like my cat.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Some good copycattes in this here thread.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

My cat looks the same. I've noticed it's an incredibly common, uh, look.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Today was our Lodge’s annual installation of officers. Time to dress up fancy!

(Actually professional photos to follow eventually)

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Work party last night

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

That does look dead-on like Bill Murray. Explains how chill CB looks :D

Not gonna let AGDQ stop me from postin'

What does Weekend Time mean?

Homework :eng99:
You flew too close to the sun, and forgot to :hydrated:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

You flew too close to the sun, and forgot to :hydrated:

Ah, see. I got too thirsty. It all makes sense.

Is that why my face is so red and dry?

Lasers!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Ah, see. I got too thirsty. It all makes sense.

Is that why my face is so red and dry?

Lasers!

oh dang girl

maybe lotions?

lotions after lasers, idk

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i really want to recommend the scene from Life of Brian where they talked about balms but hey gently caress it, your skin will grow back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Sweet double rainbow! Plus bonus dawg