Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So here I am half watching a compilation of retro commercials and a Zip Drive commercial comes on. It takes place on a plane in the Bermuda Triangle and makes fun of things disappearing. This may not have been the best thing to put alongside your totally reliable storage medium
I lost so much data to those awful things, thanks for bringing those memories back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Apologies if this was already posted but I didn't see it:

https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1328429795961696258

This is like, my sweet spot for Dumb Marketing Moves because I totally get how someone could've missed it but it's also so bad, so I can simultaneously feel bad for whoever made it and also laugh at them mercilessly.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Someone should just go big and say their food is worth getting rona for

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Len posted:

Someone should just go big and say their food is worth getting rona for

It's to die for.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Another one along the same lines

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The local restaurants in my area still, if they’re even set up for doing take out thanksgiving meals, are set up for food for 6-8 people like usual. Like, really?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Sir Lemming posted:

Apologies if this was already posted but I didn't see it:

https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1328429795961696258

This is like, my sweet spot for Dumb Marketing Moves because I totally get how someone could've missed it but it's also so bad, so I can simultaneously feel bad for whoever made it and also laugh at them mercilessly.

https://imgur.com/a/RUlFtck

Shoprite isn't much better

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We should slay the spread, by staying home. :haw:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Giving is the best way to show thanks.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

The local restaurants in my area still, if they’re even set up for doing take out thanksgiving meals, are set up for food for 6-8 people like usual. Like, really?

There’s a BBQ place near me with a bigass sign that says “Have dinner with us! No party too big!” In the window. On their marquee it says “We tested positive for having great BBQ!”

It’s the south but still

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm stoked about having a 4 day weekend and I don't have to go to anyone's house and pretend I want to be there. Just me and my partner sitting at home pretending we're going to clean and get poo poo done around the house but ultimately not.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Len posted:

I'm stoked about having a 4 day weekend and I don't have to go to anyone's house and pretend I want to be there. Just me and my partner sitting at home pretending we're going to clean and get poo poo done around the house but ultimately not.

I'm looking like not getting to do Christmas despite being in the now-largely-Covid-free Australia, because my family is in the one state still working through an outbreak. I feel bad that I'm kinda rooting for the disease to hold out long enough that I can pull the 'health concerns' card and not go.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

EL BROMANCE posted:

The restaurant I work at has options for 6-8, 8-12, and 12-16. :(

The upside (well, as far as promoting the spread of the virus) is the dumb marketing move of charging $82 for just the turkey. Sides start around $12 for like a quart of mashed potatoes. We aren't a fancy place, so how many people are gonna buy a turkey for 80 bucks?!

The answer is three. We so far have three pre-orders. And about 30, maybe 40 turkeys in the freezer.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Elviscat posted:

Good job naming your app guys.

Do I have to pay for the whole hour? I don't need nearly that long

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Joey Freshwater posted:

There’s a BBQ place near me with a bigass sign that says “Have dinner with us! No party too big!” In the window. On their marquee it says “We tested positive for having great BBQ!”

It’s the south but still
I hope they actively are going for so bad it's good but I know they think it's all a hoax etc :(

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/McDonalds/status/1331260307772121088

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Are they including free cyanide capsules now? Going after the milennial market?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I knew. It was when they had those sonic adventure 2 lcd games, and happy meal toys were never going to top that so I made a conscious decision never to buy one again.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

drat... really makes you think

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:smith: I've never had a happy meal

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'

Fruits of the sea posted:

drat... really makes you think

I hate it when McDonalds goes all Kierkegaardian on us.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Casu Marzu posted:

Neither have I -- I grew up in a KFC family.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Casu Marzu posted:

You missed the ™ after 'happy meal' so I read this as you've never enjoyed eating in your life :smith:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I have kids so I guess

I still won't be ordering a happy meal, poo poo sucks

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'

YeahTubaMike posted:

Neither have I -- I grew up in a KFC family.

In my house we had the daily repast of ennui.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I was too happy as a child so I was put on a steady diet of sad meals to balance me out.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

knife_of_justice posted:

In my house we had the daily repast of ennui.

"Papa, might i sup upon warm mush this eve?"

"Tha'll have cooled mush and like it."

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well maybe if you'd make more cool fast food transformers I'd buy another one, Ronald

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
DIY rear end, like that guy who injected cement.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm sorry, rear end is something you really want to depend on a professional for.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Push El Burrito posted:

I was too happy as a child so I was put on a steady diet of sad meals to balance me out.

I was super underweight when I was little, so the doctor told my parents to take me to McDonalds as often as I would go to try to fatten me up. It didn't work.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Karia posted:

I was super underweight when I was little, so the doctor told my parents to take me to McDonalds as often as I would go to try to fatten me up. It didn't work.

For young kids, medical advice is sometimes to feed them butter by the stick to see if they’re just not eating enough or actually having trouble absorbing nutrition.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
mine was milkshakes. a milkshake every night. we discovered i just have a very rapid metabolism. it's great because i never get fat, and also kinda sucks because i will literally starve to death in only 2 days without food. also my body cannibalizes my muscles unless i constantly exercise.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

nexus6 posted:

You missed the ™ after 'happy meal' so I read this as you've never enjoyed eating in your life :smith:

Is anyone truly happy having never eaten a happy meal?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I loving hated mcdonalds as a kid. Still do. I was a die-hard Arby's fan, but they seem to suck in the Bay Area.

They were really good where I grew up in PA. :(

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

[doing sedate voice-over] In many parts of the world, society is divided along ideological, ethnic, or religious lines. In the United States of America, fast food is the most important marker of identity. It is taken extremely seriously, and (for example) a girl from an Arby's family would never be allowed to marry a boy from a KFC family. Thus concludes my three-month anthropological study [camera zooms out to reveal enormous fatass]

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Karia posted:

I was presumed to be anorexic but instead of happy meals or doctor's advice I was just yelled at for being stupid enough to be anorexic. Turns out I just don't like eating when I'm in deep despair. When I left home I started to feel hungry.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Picnic Princess posted:

I was presumed to be anorexic but instead of happy meals or doctor's advice I was just yelled at for being stupid enough to be anorexic. Turns out I just don't like eating when I'm in deep despair. When I left home I started to feel hungry.

Probably didn't help that you likely have food intolerances that weren't being catered to and you instinctively learned that some foods made you feel bad so you wouldn't eat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Desert Bus posted:

Probably didn't help that you likely have food intolerances that weren't being catered to and you instinctively learned that some foods made you feel bad so you wouldn't eat them.

Our food was also very NOT good growing up. My mom never used salt, ever. Boiled everything until it was mush. Except steaks which were so well done it was like trying to eat a shoe. And yeah, lots of things gave me stomach issues. And chronic TMJ made it hard work to chew.

I go through so much salt now as an adult. Holy poo poo, I was missing out!