Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which run are you most excited for?
This poll is closed.
John Romero's DAIKATANA 185 14.93%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 163 13.16%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 172 13.88%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 200 16.14%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 191 15.42%
I'm mostly here for the cucking 328 26.47%
Total: 544 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I was actually planning on doing that at the local meetup/marathon I help run this year.

Last year we had a runner walk someone through pokemon gen1, it was good bit mostly from a comedic standpoint. I also did the same thing as part of Game Informer's 2015 extra life stream where i guided Tim Turi through the Link To The Past expiration glitch route.

I actually was planning on trying to make it a part of re-occurring competition throughout the marathon that would pit two sides against each other in things like blind and relay races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SeXReX posted:

I was actually planning on doing that at the local meetup/marathon I help run this year.

Last year we had a runner walk someone through pokemon gen1, it was good bit mostly from a comedic standpoint. I also did the same thing as part of Game Informer's 2015 extra life stream where i guided Tim Turi through the Link To The Past expiration glitch route.

I actually was planning on trying to make it a part of re-occurring competition throughout the marathon that would pit two sides against each other in things like blind and relay races.

are you one of the minneapolis people? teach me to speedrun sexrex

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
There was SpikeVegeta teaching the crowd at AOD2016 how to speed run SM64 last year
https://www.twitch.tv/finestko/v/52726390

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I wouldn't do just anyone, from an entertainment standpoint a bit of miscommunication is funny, but the runner getting frustrated by not understanding and the coach getting annoyed would suck.

So it should be people who are confirmed cool or something.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Maxwell Adams posted:

and they all seem to be movie watchers as well

and they all seem to be casual photographers as well

and they all seem to be food eaters as well

you loving idiot.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Groovelord Neato posted:

you loving idiot.

he's got a point

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015

Maxwell Adams posted:

and they all seem to be movie watchers as well

and they all seem to be casual photographers as well

and they all seem to be food eaters as well

Don't tool-assisted superplay with your food.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Maxwell Adams posted:

I just found out that there's something called RPG Limit Break, and whatever that is, it means there's this 4 hours run of Robotrek with PJ and Spikevegeta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdjjrMa3VvU

RPG Limit Break has some good stuff (like that Robotrek run, or the Drakkhen run) but it's hard to figure out which are the ones worth watching since a lot of them are so long.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Groovelord Neato posted:

you loving idiot.

such unchill posting

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Maxwell Adams posted:

I just found out that there's something called RPG Limit Break, and whatever that is, it means there's this 4 hours run of Robotrek with PJ and Spikevegeta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdjjrMa3VvU
I wish I hadn't watched it because now I know there's a Robotrek-themed shirt I will never, ever own because it was only sold during an event I was completely unaware of. :negative:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

he's got a point

nope.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Every community and hobby on earth has shitheads in it, just to spell it out for you.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

beep by grandpa posted:

Every community and hobby on earth has shitheads in it, just to spell it out for you.
His Dark Souls name/avatar combination with him being an obtuse dickhead over nothing is just the perfect icing on the cake

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hahahahahahahaha, I didn't even know. That's priceless.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

His Dark Souls name/avatar combination with him being an obtuse dickhead over nothing is just the perfect icing on the cake

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i like groovelord myself

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Okay, you want to believe that gamers are the worst. You're getting there by judging a massive group of people by the worst activity of a handful of jerks. That kind of clickbait mentality can turn anything to poo poo, but look at the results you've got. Some gamers put stuff on the internet you don't like. That's it. That's the worst thing gamers ever did. Holy poo poo, gamers are saints compared to everyone else.

Now, if you want to expand your scope and consider the good things that gamers have done, then blurfur murburdurr meblebbit arglala blah. I don't even have to put effort into finishing that sentence. That's how easy it is to win that argument in this thread.

Gamers are great
you love Gamers
If you think you don't, you're wrong.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The whole "UGH they're gamers..." thing just reeks of modern crybaby political nonsense to me, as just another easy target. I just look them right in the eye and go I'm a gamer, bitch...deal with it. :hehe:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Maxwell Adams posted:

That's the worst thing gamers ever did.

Hahahahahaha.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

Okay, you want to believe that gamers are the worst. You're getting there by judging a massive group of people by the worst activity of a handful of jerks. That kind of clickbait mentality can turn anything to poo poo, but look at the results you've got. Some gamers put stuff on the internet you don't like. That's it. That's the worst thing gamers ever did. Holy poo poo, gamers are saints compared to everyone else.

Now, if you want to expand your scope and consider the good things that gamers have done, then blurfur murburdurr meblebbit arglala blah. I don't even have to put effort into finishing that sentence. That's how easy it is to win that argument in this thread.

Gamers are great
you love Gamers

Lol

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Maxwell Adams posted:

Gamers are great
you love Gamers

Please source your quotes.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

So, uhhh

See you guys in the SGDQ 2017 thread, I guess!!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Maxwell Adams posted:

Gamers are great
you love Gamers

this thread is fantastic

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone please explain to me what's so cool about blurfur murburdurr meblebbit arglala blah?

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

My idea I posted was based on a dream I had in which Studio got very angry at me and blamed me for ruining his speedrun because I couldn't make some jumps which took 3 hours instead of 1, because of this it ruined the entirety of GDQ and shut it down forever. Goons got mad and ended the internet cold war with reddit and 4chan to combine forces to doxx me and post all my secrets over the internet and ruin my life.

I have odd dreams.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

RoboJoe posted:

I have odd dreams.

The day after I got home from AGDQ2017 I had a dream about SGDQ2017 already being over.

I think this has replaced my "it's final exam day but I haven't been to class all semester" dreams.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

Hahahahahahahaha, I didn't even know. That's priceless.

you didn't know that was dark souls wtf. (the shades say dance or die btw).

beep by grandpa posted:

i understood him perfectly. it was a bad post he made hence my response to it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

you didn't know that was dark souls wtf. (the shades say dance or die btw).

I only like Bloodborne, dark souls is boring and ugly.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

beep by grandpa posted:

much

my posting :eyepop:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

Agreed. Brown souls is the pretty souls game.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

beep by grandpa posted:

You've made yourself my enemy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

*beep by grandpa sighs as he transforms his posting blade*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

bloodborne is the greatest souls game and thus greatest game ever made but there is beauty in suffering.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

This thread since AGDQ ended makes a pretty strong argument in favor of "gamers are the worst"

DizzyBum posted:

So, uhhh

See you guys in the SGDQ 2017 thread, I guess!!

yeah, same

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Saint Freak posted:

speedran (speedrunned?)

Spadruned

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey, this is pretty neat! Apparently the yetee is giving out a free pin to anyone who donated over 50 bucks during the Undertale finale at AGDQ 2017. So check your email if you did that!

quote:

As a thanks from The Yetee to our donors, as announced on stream, any donor who donated a total of
$50 or more during the Undertale finale run gets a free limited edition AGDQ pin! This means you!

However, because of Games Done Quick company policy, we do not share donor information with third parties, even our sponsors.
So in order to receive your pin, you will need to fill out a small form for The Yetee with your name, shipping address, and
email address for validation. By filling out the form, you agree to allow The Yetee (and Games Done Quick) to use the supplied information
for the purpose of shipping your pin.

Make sure not to share this form with anyone, as this may disqualify you from receiving a pin. GDQ will be verifying submissions using
the supplied email address, so make sure it matches the address you received this on.

The deadline is February 4th, 2017 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time. Late submissions will not be honored.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey, this is pretty neat! Apparently the yetee is giving out a free pin to anyone who donated over 50 bucks during the Undertale finale at AGDQ 2017. So check your email if you did that!

2337 people were eligible for this, by the way.

That's a lot of pins.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
There is a difference between people who play video games and people who identify themselves as "Gamers" just so you know

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah... one takes courage in this twisted society of ours. semper games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The Mattybee posted:

There is a difference between people who play video games and people who identify themselves as "Gamers" just so you know

Is this some retarded political thing again

• Locked thread