Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah other people in this thread have complained about it. It sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Thanks for the swift reply. Does it just go away eventually?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Unfortunately, I have no idea. I got this bug a few days back and I have yet to check since if it's fixed on my end.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
No problem, I'll post if it manages to unfuck itself. So far restarting the PS4 hasn't done it. At least I can still upload screenshots to facebook with no issue. Always has been Youtube.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently there are cloudsaves for Telltale games now? Does that mean I can transfer my Walking Dead season 1 PC save to PS4 to play season 2?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Dark Souls 3 is really not very good in comparison to 1, 2, and BB.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I played like 20 minutes of Dragon Age Inquisition on PC and the game looked like poo poo and the battle system was garbage.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
BB has ruined Souls games for me. Saw some LP's of the Souls 3 dlc's and that was good enough for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Verisimilidude posted:

So, so wrong.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I played Dark Souls 3 like it was Bloodborne, ditched the shield and had a great time

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

is anyone down to coordinate some goon Wipeout races tonight or something

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

is anyone down to coordinate some goon Wipeout races tonight or something

What they said. After GoT EST, please.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Argento posted:

What they said. After GoT EST, please.

well yeah ofc but lol @ trying to watch it on the HBO app right when it drops

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Verisimilidude posted:

I agree, I dont dislike it but I just couldn't look past it feeling inferior to every other game in the series, really should go back to it with a guide of something but I've been saying that about ds2 for years as well.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The most wrong opinion would be that ds3 is not worth playing. It is so so so worth it to play especially if you already liked demons souls, ds1 and 2 and bloodborne. The best of the souls series can really come down to personal preference and maybe slightly biased by which one you may have played first.

I'll literally fight anyone irl if they say 'you shouldn't play ds3'

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Verisimilidude posted:

I think 2 isn't great. Haven't played much of 3.

Working my way through BB now. Then gunna do 3.

Love demons and DS1. BB seems really good but I'm only half way into it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Macarius Wrench posted:

I agree, I dont dislike it but I just couldn't look past it feeling inferior to every other game in the series, really should go back to it with a guide of something but I've been saying that about ds2 for years as well.

The most Rose colored glasses if you think DS1 is better

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My only issue with Dark Souls 3 is just how disappointing the final dlc was. Too many sections where all you could do was run and the really cool boss fight happened at the start and not the end of it. Combine that with a lack or real connectivity with the rest of the story meant that I was soured on Dark Souls 3 despite enjoying the game up until that point.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hunt11 posted:

My only issue with Dark Souls 3 is just how disappointing the final dlc was. Too many sections where all you could do was run and the really cool boss fight happened at the start and not the end of it. Combine that with a lack or real connectivity with the rest of the story meant that I was soured on Dark Souls 3 despite enjoying the game up until that point.

I don't even know what to say about this post.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I didnt get to the last dlc yet cause the first was lamish

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Both of the DLCs were good actually. The second one skewed so loving hard it was a bit of a nightmare to get through though.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The most Rose colored glasses if you think DS1 is better

Yeah. Or 2 for that matter.

DS1 and Demon's Souls are the most memorable to me because they were new at the time, and both of them have certain things they do better than the rest of the series, but I'd seriously recommend some of these detractors to actually go back and play them now, because holy poo poo that series has come a long way. Much more than people give it credit for.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I like demons souls because you can cheese the gently caress out of the entire game with magic

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
It's already time for the Darksouls derail again? They are all good.

Is anyone else playing Children of Zodiarcs?

It's a SRPG where your abilities are a deck of cards that are augmented/activated by a set of dice you roll. The dialogue can be bad/juvenile at times, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. Or 2 for that matter.

DS1 and Demon's Souls are the most memorable to me because they were new at the time, and both of them have certain things they do better than the rest of the series, but I'd seriously recommend some of these detractors to actually go back and play them now, because holy poo poo that series has come a long way. Much more than people give it credit for.

I played Demons and Dark 1 for the first time within the past 12 months and I still prefered them to 3 and probably 2. Bloodborne is still the best by a mile though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I played some DS3 yesterday like I do from time to time but I just can't make myself interested in seeing what the next environment is. Are there any crazy as poo poo environments past the swamp area for me to look forward to?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

^^^You...haven't made it to Irythill yet? gently caress dude. Yeah keep playing asap.

Norns posted:

I like demons souls because you can cheese the gently caress out of the entire game with magic

I keep hearing this. Makes me want to go back and cheese it to experience the game again.

I remember it being really rough with the lack of souls you get. Felt like you couldn't hardly level outside of bosses or some effort grinding.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

eh that's not really true; you leveled just fine. the real grind was for upgrade material, which was truly awful

also the crystal lizards had a limited amount of spawns before they disappeared forever so you were probably gonna miss a lot on your first playthrough completely on accident

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that screwed me up before I realised. On the other hand you weren't really supposed to upgrade a weapon to full until NG+, unlike later games, and I got by just fine with a +7 mace.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Luckily you don't really have to deal with the upgrade material tedium unless you are trying to plat it.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Arist posted:

I played Dark Souls 3 like it was Bloodborne, ditched the shield and had a great time

Same, made a huge difference to the game for me. I enjoyed the different challenge and it was rather great wrecking people that tried invading me because I was rather aggressive compared to the old shield play style.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I've never played a souls game behind a shield. Think I'll try 3 that way.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I liked DS3 a lot but since I've played all the other souls game except for demons it felt pretty easy. Only took about 24 hours to beat versus 50 to 60 for 1 & 2. It's entirely because I've gotten used to how the games worked but I still enjoyed my time with DS3. I haven't played the DLC because battlefield 1 has completely taken over my gaming time.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I haven't played any Dark Souls DLC just because I've bought every game on release day and it usually takes me about a year to get through one. By the time I'm at the end I'm really not crazy for more content.

Sucks because tons of folks say the best part of Ds1 is the DLC.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the best part of every souls game but 3 is the dlc

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I played some DS3 yesterday like I do from time to time but I just can't make myself interested in seeing what the next environment is. Are there any crazy as poo poo environments past the swamp area for me to look forward to?

Smouldering Lake and everywhere in the Ringed City DLC are pretty peak crazy. Archdragon Peak and Irithyll are at least moderately crazy.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Norns posted:

Yeah if you do that you'll have a fucker of a time with Allant without grinding some serious levels because he's very resistant to magic. He's a huge roadblock for a pure magic build.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Ularg posted:

(sorry for breaking up theme chat. I'm boring and have just been using Destiny 2 dynamic theme I got for preordering)

Has anyone gotten the bug where it just keeps asking you to link your PS account to Youtube when you try to upload a video over and over again?

- Select upload video
- Select youtube
- Get asked to link accounts
- Link Account

Then it kicks you back to choose which service to upload to and it loops back and starts all over again asking to link accounts.

Yes. I fixed it by changing my YT password.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

That was happening to me a lot on Friday. Then it stopped. Then it happened again on a different console later in the day.

My money's on a backend issue and anybody's "fix" is just down to timing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's a backend problem with YT. it's also hosed up the ProTube iOS app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I *think* it just came and went for me. The fact that it logged me out suggests that it's just some fuckery on their end.