Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

I swear if this is how they plan to introduce "The Information Super Highwayman" or something...

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

MorningMoon posted:

Frankly this is almost every arc
:hmmyes:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Volmarias posted:

I swear if this is how they plan to introduce "The Information Super Highwayman" or something...

"No one could match my collection of crime gifs, and that's how I became -- Animated Jeff!"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Volmarias posted:

Finally the time is right for the return of Ghost Rider 2099

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

There's many, many great examples of the colorists fighting, but this one is up there.

Sunday Colorist: they drew christmas wrapping paper, i'll just follow along
Weekday Colorist: It's not loving christmas anymore, therefore pizza

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Forgot to attach

We know, Peter.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Is Judge Parker an alternate reality where Peter was bitten by a radioactive judge?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I love when Peter gets overdramatic about his single-turn loser villains.

"This battle against Kevin, The Guy In A Cowboy Hat, may be my last..."

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I've said it before, Pete is just a full time martyr in this era. Even the most mundane problems have to be so dramatic and world ending.

It's not enough that this due is dangerous, he has to be built up to the point he could shatter planets.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Like it doesn’t seem like a big deal. Mary Jane is willingly associating with the jerk. Like she went on a date with him where he showed his powers, and now is going on a second.

Also is Peter planning to attack him as Spidey? If he does he would be the aggressor as Rigby seems to mostly be minding his own business.

Also it’s funny to me that Rigby has no gimmick. He’s just a dude who happens to have telekinesis.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Like it doesn’t seem like a big deal. Mary Jane is willingly associating with the jerk. Like she went on a date with him where he showed his powers, and now is going on a second.

It's worth remembering that Rigby is both very pushy and knows where MJ lives. She also seemed genuinely afraid of him earlier, so it remains to be seen who consensual this date is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she was afraid of him before, but you must remember that 70's mj is always high as gently caress.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ikasuhito posted:

It's worth remembering that Rigby is both very pushy and knows where MJ lives. She also seemed genuinely afraid of him earlier, so it remains to be seen who consensual this date is.

True, but on the other hand, they're going roller skating.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Peter winning an argument with facts and logics :unsmith:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Yates, you're a write-in candidate for Senator. You apparently don't even have enough popular support to get on the ballot officially.

I don't think "I will endorse you for State Attorney General, masked vigilante who cannot be verifiably shown to be old enough to qualify to be elected to the position in New York" will work, but I guess I can't fault you for thinking Spider-Man wouldn't know that.

Edit: Got the names mixed up.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 11, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Feel like Peter should probably, you know... tell somebody that Yates' security systems are a fraud. Seems like that is a pretty big deal and he hasn't even told his wife (I think? He just got the puppy instead and said that cost them the alarm money?). It's also unclear how nobody else has revealed this either, as it appears that Yates has been running this fraud for 20 years and it's not even sophisticated, it's just straight up a little alarm bell and the implied threat of violence if you don't hand over $1000 immediately.

What I'm saying is that this guy who thinks Spider-Man is respected enough that his endorsement will win him a Senatorship may not be the brightest bulb!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I was assuming the petition was the thing policians have to do to get their name on the ballot.

Anyhow, I think if I was Yates and wanted to convince Spidey that I was a law and order candidate worth endorsing, I probably wouldn't have contacted him in the literally the most shady way possible, with the threats and the thugs with guns

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Yeah, if only Spider-Man had some kind of personal photographer available to document these kind of situations from a plausible safe distance, he could get copies of those photos and use them to his advantage.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

maltesh posted:

Yeah, if only Spider-Man had some kind of personal photographer available to document these kind of situations from a plausible safe distance, he could get copies of those photos and use them to his advantage.

He should hire that kid who is good with computers

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

davidspackage posted:

True, but on the other hand, they're going roller skating.
OH NO!

It's impossible to be depressed on the Internet!

:smith:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:stonk: "Peter, what is that man doing to his anus?"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Aunt may in panel 2 is primo avatar material

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

an LCD monitor in 2004 is actually pretty impressive

Peter you're a broke photographer married to a stage actress whose theater explodes every week (because of you)

How the gently caress did you afford this

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

that’s me every time I use the internet tbf

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sockser posted:

Peter you're a broke photographer married to a stage actress whose theater explodes every week (because of you)

I checked 2004 prices and a 14 incher was US$171, not too crazy overall

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

"oh look, another video tribute to the heroes of 9/11! But what's a wmv?"

Tunicate posted:

If "surf the web" was in the same panel it would be 100% perfect

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tunicate posted:

Volmarias posted:

"oh look, another video tribute to the heroes of 9/11! But what's a wmv?"

If "surf the web" was in the same panel it would be 100% perfect

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Thank you for this, dear poster.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sockser posted:

Family discount.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Peter: Surfing the.... web!?! Does Aunt May suspect that I, Peter Parker, am secretly Spider-Man!?! :spidey:
MJ: Peter, you said that incredibly loudly.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh, Peter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Peter... you... I don't... this isn't...

I gotta go sit down for awhile after those strips.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
:cripes:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
"As long as I don't have to do anything illegal like.. being a vigilante."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As we know, MJ would dump Peter immediately if he didn’t get her a shitload of presents. He really had no choice

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

:munch:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

You can't see it, but I'm tying a big bib around my neck, licking my lips and clutching a knife and fork in my fists.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think she knows exactly how evil rigby is, what with how he explained it to mj at great length while showing off his power. mj don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Snackmar posted:

"As long as I don't have to do anything illegal like.. being a vigilante."

Speaking of, didn't this whole arc kick off with JJJ praising Yates specifically for taking a hardline stance against vigilantism? Not that I would ever dream of accusing a politician of hypocrisy, but...