Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So people are saying this entire game is timed, much like after you got legion. Any truth to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Fat_Cow posted:

So people are saying this entire game is timed, much like after you got legion. Any truth to this?

Some missions can be failed by not doing them before progressing the story to a certain point, but no, the whole game is not timed.

Some Jerk
May 6, 2010
Without going into detail, I did the Really Bad Thing on the Krogan planet and now I feel Real Bad.

Thanks game!

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.
Nice to see that ME3 studied at the School of Dragon Age 2 enemy encounter design. Enemies just fall from the sky and rush in from corridors just out of sight!

Daemonite
Apr 25, 2002

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

Nice to see that ME3 studied at the School of Dragon Age 2 enemy encounter design. Enemies just fall from the sky and rush in from corridors just out of sight!

This is the entire game. The entire game is literally enemies respawning right in front of and possibly behind you on a generic rocky planetside or, if you're lucky, in a generic space hallway.

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!
Hahahaha holy poo poo, the hamster is still on board the normandy, it's running around in the area where Jack used to hang out.

Edit: you can catch him too.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Dan Didio posted:

Some missions can be failed by not doing them before progressing the story to a certain point, but no, the whole game is not timed.

So I can slowly derp around and do every side mission without consequence?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Fat_Cow posted:

So I can slowly derp around and do every side mission without consequence?

Maybe.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Can someone explain how the new planet scanning stuff works? Is it ok to do just one burst of that scan thing or do I need to do it multiple times for every planet?

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

I seriously have not played with Jack enough. Running through the collector base to get a renegade shep ready for import, and the last wave of The Long Walk with the pair of scions I always save a Cain shot for.

I charge up the shot with perfect timing so that it fires as soon as the platform stops to let the husks charge, and right as the nuke goes off Jack quips "Hello dead people!"

:shepface::hf::black101:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Just a head's up that for those who bought the digital version off Origin, if you're missing any of your extras, double check that nothing hiccuped with the download by clicking the i button. I know some were missing thier artbook and/or soundtrack which for some reason didn't fire off installing like the game and DLC.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Daemonite posted:

This is the entire game. The entire game is literally enemies respawning right in front of and possibly behind you on a generic rocky planetside or, if you're lucky, in a generic space hallway.
This is literally every videogame ever.

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
Is it possible to respec in ME3? My ME2 is corrupted on steam or something and my point allocation is all crazy in ME3.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Holy poo poo. Kaidan has Reave!?

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!

ContraceptiveCereal posted:

Is it possible to respec in ME3? My ME2 is corrupted on steam or something and my point allocation is all crazy in ME3.

Yeah, just go to the med bay in the normandy, one of the beds lets you respec.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Wow the Kinect commands really are that amazing. I'm sitting a good 10 feet away with the sound up pretty loud and it is flawlessly picking up every command. Ever game should have kinect support like this.

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009
Why is Udina the human councilor in my game? I imported my ME1+2 save and it had Anderson as the councilor

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

So the DLC just isn't ready to buy on the xbox or am I just retarded and missing it?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Zilkin posted:

Why is Udina the human councilor in my game? I imported my ME1+2 save and it had Anderson as the councilor

Something something books something something Bioware railroading.

Basically, as I understand it, in one of the terrible books that bridges the games that you shouldn't ever read, Anderson steps down as Councillor.

Falcon24
Sep 9, 2004
Anyone else playing Infiltrator? For some reason, aiming down the scope of my sniper rifle does not trigger any slowdown. I just got to Mars, so I have a sniper rifle for the first time since speccing max into operational mastery, but when I look down the scope I see literally no difference. Am I missing something, or does it not trigger automatically like in ME2?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dan Didio posted:

Basically, as I understand it, in one of the terrible books that bridges the games that you shouldn't ever read, Anderson steps down as Councillor.

Also the Codex does talk about why Anderson left as well.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Because the Council was full of idiots and he could do more good elsewhere, I think. I'll accept it because gently caress the Council.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh, and Kasumi is so goddamned awesome when you meet her again on the Citadel. I got worried for a second that she wasn't faking her death. Also return of "BIG. STUPID. JELLYFISH."

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

Zilkin posted:

Because you don't actually have any "choice" in the biowareverse

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh, and Kasumi is so goddamned awesome when you meet her again on the Citadel. I got worried for a second that she wasn't faking her death. Also return of "BIG. STUPID. JELLYFISH."

Did you actual manage to finish that little side mission? I can't find the second terminal in the refugee camp. I found a terminal just before you go through the security check point but I cannot interact with it

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Punishing with his kindness
Jacob is perfect
I must say, Mac Walters really has to ditch that terrible hat.

Why am I watching this BiowareTV stream, oh hey it's Casey Hudson.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Just finished the Tuchanka mission. That was probably the most fun mission I've played in Mass Effect. Wrex, Mordin and now Eve are easily my favorite characters in the games. And the holy poo poo moment, despite having been featured heavily in trailers, was still great. But oh man, the end of that mission. Mordin :(

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Anyone have any pics or youtubes of Jack's new look in game?

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Jacob is perfect
They just made the mistake of having the host of the biowareTV stream go outside and ask fans what they're most looking forward to.

the result:
"I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO BLOWJOBS FROM THAT BLU-"
"alright enough of you, we'll edit that one out in post"

now they're talking to someone dressed as an asari. Aaaah.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bolow posted:

Did you actual manage to finish that little side mission? I can't find the second terminal in the refugee camp. I found a terminal just before you go through the security check point but I cannot interact with it

I think it's at the far end of the refugee area by where Garrus hangs out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of the Citadel, is there more to see there besides the Hospital, Dock, and Ambassador region? Or do the other sections open up later in the game?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LazyDivey posted:

Anyone have any pics or youtubes of Jack's new look in game?

Here ya go: http://i.imgur.com/CCQjJ.jpg

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Falcon24 posted:

Anyone else playing Infiltrator? For some reason, aiming down the scope of my sniper rifle does not trigger any slowdown. I just got to Mars, so I have a sniper rifle for the first time since speccing max into operational mastery, but when I look down the scope I see literally no difference. Am I missing something, or does it not trigger automatically like in ME2?
This needs resolution ASAP. Infiltrator without Sniper slowdown is no good. :(

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Stream's back up. http://twitch.tv/gyoruspy

My internet connection died for 20 minutes earlier which was why the stream suddenly died in the middle of that firefight. During the downtime, Shepard piloted a gundam. Let's hope it stays up for at least 3 hours. :ohdear:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

jcp982 posted:

I'm generally mixed on the game so far, definitely leaning on the positive. I'd say my biggest complaint is that there does seem to be a distinct lack of dialogue options. Second place goes to strange movement animations. Third place goes to pacing and structure.

But I will say they really did a great job on returning characters. The banter. The familiarity. I brought Garrus along to meet up with Jack. They REMEMBERED each other and had a fun little back and forth.

I also really dig the combat. Might just be the charge/nova/ smack. I think multiplayer may have spoiled me. I had to up the game to insanity just to enjoy it. Now that engineers are showing up, it's getting harder.

My Garrus is dead :(

Is there a ME2 save editor or will I have to download someone else's save?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Aw man. 32 Vanguard an hour into the game. I am rocket powered death. I don't think Liara and Kaidan have gotten off a shot yet.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Here ya go: http://i.imgur.com/CCQjJ.jpg

Thanks. She looks like Winona Ryder on meth now.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

First impressions:

- The setup for what Shepard has to do makes sense now that I've read up on my starting war assets and messages. The defense committee at the beginning of the game/demo may have been terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought, but someone, probably Admiral Hackett, had a contingency plan in place for the various fleets to fall back, rendezvous, then start counterattacking.

- They prettied up this game, but human faces are comically hit or miss.

- The same goes for the character animations and lip syncing. Some good, subtle stuff and some strange, awful poo poo.

- I've had one actual conversation with Vega and I think he's a pretty cool dude. Good job, Freddie Prinze Jr.

- Jessica Chobot is bad at voice acting. I'd rather talk to Khalisah al-Jilani and I'm glad I did the paragon interrupt for her by the way.

- Did I mention that this game looks a lot better? It runs better too even with FSAA. I haven't tried super-sampled AA yet because it made the demo choke and die.

- I am PUMPED AS gently caress to play this after work tomorrow and don't even care about the dumb parts of the story from that leaked script anymore.

Falcon24 posted:

I think you're right. I also think I should've switched to Vanguard because spamming incinerate while my squad's powers take ten years to cool down isn't very fun at all apart from getting more kills for the Pyromaniac achievement.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Jacob is perfect
IGN review is up, 9.5
http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219416p1.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

CaptainCarrot posted:

Nope. They're dropped off by shuttles, sometimes directly, and sometimes into a room above you that you can't access, and that's on open maps; on the closed maps, they simply get sent out from the areas you haven't yet reached, or, again, from shuttles. Enemies don't ever come from nowhere, not like Dragon Age 2.

I hate the monster closet design too. Although it isn't as bad as in DA 2 (aside from the more logical teleporting in of enemies, which was in DA 2 really that - teleporting in), where it made planning impossible, because you don't know how many opponents you might fight. You blew your long-CD AoE spells always right before a new wave spawns, thinking the fight is nearly over. At least in ME 3 the CDs are quite short, so it doesn't gently caress you over quite as much if you blew an AoE at the wrong time.

Decius fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Mar 6, 2012

• Locked thread