Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/grd/3294402642.html

Puppies from a mountain feist (JUST LIKE A JRT) and ticked beagle.

I get the impression that they're going to end up as hunting dawgs but I can just imagine their crazy, driveyness in a regular home.

(Honestly they look like drop eared ACD mixes to me.)

The one on the right looks a lot like Bailey to me except he still has a proper tail.

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnnaBanana
Oct 15, 2007
2007 Noob. Sorry. :(
This wouldn't be bad if it wasn't super last minute. He isn't asking for a cheap cat, so that's good...

(I can delete if this isn't terrible enough!)

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Oh, I think it's terrible enough!

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I've seen this put up several times:

I... don't really understand what's going on here. How exactly does one steal reptiles? Does he grab the snake and just run out the door? People said they were robbed--literally? At gunpoint? Or does he break into their house to steal snakes? I imagine they'd go to the police if that's the case, and not just go for craigslist justice. It's not even posted in the right area.

This one's just from a regular posting by a rescue, but I cracked the gently caress up at this cat:

AnnaBanana
Oct 15, 2007
"Don't get this kitten just to abandon it in a week, like I did!!"

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Currawong posted:

I... don't really understand what's going on here. How exactly does one steal reptiles? Does he grab the snake and just run out the door? People said they were robbed--literally? At gunpoint? Or does he break into their house to steal snakes? I imagine they'd go to the police if that's the case, and not just go for craigslist justice. It's not even posted in the right area.

Two ways I can think of off the top of my head. Walking into a breeder's house/exotics shop and just opening cages and grabbing them and stuffing them in your pocket/the cuffs of your jeans/purse while the person showing you around is distracted. Or getting them via mail, using paypal and doing chargebacks after the person has the reptile. If it's the latter, you can check faunaclassified's BOI board (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13) and see if they're talking about it, because they almost always are when someone starts loving people over.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
OK so which is it? You're fostering him, or he's actually yours and you just don't want him anymore? Sounds like you got him for a pet, decided you didn't like him, so you're trying to ingratiate yourself and not get flagged by saying he's a foster.

Also, I'm going to completely ignore the "chiweenie" thing.

Scenty
Feb 8, 2008

Amberlyn posted:

OK so which is it? You're fostering him, or he's actually yours and you just don't want him anymore? Sounds like you got him for a pet, decided you didn't like him, so you're trying to ingratiate yourself and not get flagged by saying he's a foster.

Also, I'm going to completely ignore the "chiweenie" thing.

When I worked at petsmart somebody abandoned a yorkie in the parking lot. I know I couldnt keep her long term but I took her home, worked with her on some basic training and socializing, and then adopted her out. Maybe it's a similar thing? I try to think people are good.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

This was some family event!

Andrias Scheuchzeri fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 15, 2012

AnnaBanana
Oct 15, 2007
Look what I found in the antiques section, guys!

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Scenty posted:

When I worked at petsmart somebody abandoned a yorkie in the parking lot. I know I couldnt keep her long term but I took her home, worked with her on some basic training and socializing, and then adopted her out. Maybe it's a similar thing? I try to think people are good.

I used to try to think people were good. And honestly, I still do most of the time. But when it comes to people's interactions of and dealing with animals, I've become pretty cynical and jaded. More often than not when it's to do with animals, in my experience anyway, the worst case scenario is usually the true one. So many people just seem to think an animal has no feelings, or feels no pain, or doesn't suffer the consequences of its owners stupidity and ignorance, because it's just some dumb animal or something.

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
"Both dogs grew up together and have had 4 litters together. She is not spayed, HOWEVER, should NOT be bred any further. Male dog IS NEUTERED!! Completely inseparable! Good guard dogs when threatened. They absolutely LOVE people and is GREAT with kids with a lot of energy and they also feed on CONSTANT affection. HOWEVER they do have behavioral issues when it comes to other animals. Based on previous observations, have not interacted well with other animals. Baby animals are fine, but other adult dogs seem to agitate them. They are, however, young enough to be trained if necessary.

They have NOT tasted blood and only play fight between each other.
We will carefully screen callers. Must have a large enough home to house TWO large dogs (preferably a house) and be able to financially keep them! We want their next home to be their LAST!"

An ad for 2 pits.
They haven't tasted blood you guys.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Malalol posted:

An ad for 2 pits.
They haven't tasted blood you guys.

Well, there's your problem.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Superconsndar posted:

Well, there's your problem.

What kind of blood should they taste?

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

wtftastic posted:

What kind of blood should they taste?

Baby, preferably under 6 months. Any older than that and they start to lose that essential taste of helplessness. There are various arguments in favor of particular races/ethnicities, but I won't open up that :can:.

Atma McCuddles
Sep 2, 2007

Got a dog!

$450 for (what we must assume is) a pit mix?

Oh, and in other depressing news, lots of listings are getting "Perfect for Christmas" thrown into the title. :(

Baika
Jul 8, 2011

Cap on, apply directly to the rats head.

But she is low maintenance why does she need a yard, more exercise and attention? :downs:

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Atma McCuddles posted:

Oh, and in other depressing news, lots of listings are getting "Perfect for Christmas" thrown into the title. :(

Yeah, there's a listing for Christmas Puppies on my local Craigslist. They are "the cutiest."

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
My dog once had a 2 liter of puppy but I drank it.

This ad is okay, but that cage just looks filthy and miserable, and the bird is spending its days alone in a room. Normally I have a thick skin for these kinds of ads but I have a soft spot for parrots :smith:

I emailed about it. :ohdear:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Baika posted:

But she is low maintenance why does she need a yard, more exercise and attention? :downs:

Oh god, she looks so much like Bailey. He was a farm dog and then spent (I think) a year to two years at the shelter. He's actually a pretty low key guy, but he needs his people around him. Maybe her being outside all the time makes her depressed/ act out?

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Baika posted:

Because she walks herself in the yard! :downs:

Outdoors unfixed farm dog... yeah, I don't think they mean "attention" the way we mean it. They probably mean they pet her once or twice a week and feed her once a day or so.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Atma McCuddles posted:

$450 for (what we must assume is) a pit mix?
My local SPCA charges exactly that amount for all the dogs there. (Mostly pit mixes and other big dogs. Little dogs usually get adopted the day they come in.) Of course, they have to cover the cost of health tests, fixing and shots while this person probably doesn't.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Pile of Kittens posted:

Outdoors unfixed farm dog... yeah, I don't think they mean "attention" the way we mean it. They probably mean they pet her once or twice a week and feed her once a day or so.

Maybe throw a ball, something like that. I'm such a sucker for heelers but not all of them are as chill as Bailey is and I have to constantly remind myself of that.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Celery Face posted:

My local SPCA charges exactly that amount for all the dogs there. (Mostly pit mixes and other big dogs. Little dogs usually get adopted the day they come in.) Of course, they have to cover the cost of health tests, fixing and shots while this person probably doesn't.

Yeah I paid $450 for my dog, but he came fixed with a recent vet checkup and with up to date shots from a reputable rescue with actual operating costs. I wouldn't give that kind of money to a random person from Kijiji/Craigslist.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Captain Foxy posted:

My dog once had a 2 liter of puppy but I drank it.

This ad is okay, but that cage just looks filthy and miserable, and the bird is spending its days alone in a room. Normally I have a thick skin for these kinds of ads but I have a soft spot for parrots :smith:

I emailed about it. :ohdear:

Ohhh green cheek. :( My GCC is my best friend, seeing them up for adoption after having all their time "alone in a room" breaks my heart. That "GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENT!" tag is just... ugh. It looks like his owner is genuinely concerned with finding a good home for him though, so, there's that at least...?

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Pile of Kittens posted:

Max was an unfixed farm dog, he now lives in a townhouse with a very tiny yard and is perfectly happy. All he needs is a long walk and some playtime every day and he's perfectly content to snuggle on the couch the rest of the evening. Pistol is even lower-key, he's already back in bed by the time I leave for work in the morning and would rather snuggle than play most of the time. I either got lucky with my heeler/heeler mix being unusually chill or I'm severely overestimating the amount of time normal people spend with their dogs.

Why bother having a dog if you don't want to Do Things with it?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Potentially :nws: :nms: for pictures of dog mating (thanks Super, totally didn't even notice)

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/pet/3449659995.html

I don't normally link a whole ad, but I feel like you guys need the full effect of enjoying those pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/6tXQ4 in case it gets taken down.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 3, 2012

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I don't normally link a whole ad, but I feel like you guys need the full effect of enjoying those pictures.

When I went to El Paso with the BF I was disappointed I didn't see any pibbles.

Now I know why. They were probably too short to see or hiding in burrows waiting for an unsuspecting passerby to expose their ankles.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

lol WHY do they always post pics of the dogs tied, WHY.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I think I just found the perfect Christmas gift!

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Superconsndar posted:

:gonk: I didn't even notice this until you pointed it out.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Serella posted:

:gonk: I didn't even notice this until you pointed it out.

:cripes: Neither did I. I just thought that dog was that badly formed.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Oh god, I don't see that going well at all.

There's a reason why zebras were never domesticated, and that reason is because they have a very strong fight or flight reflex due to all the big nasty predators they're adapted to dealing with on the savanna are assholes who will buck you off then kick you to death. Also they have no whithers so I bet their gait is like a jackhammer.

I really hate people who think that just because a wild animal resembles a domestic one they must be the same thing. Wolves are not dogs, and zebras are not ponies.

Maybe some person who is really experienced with handling and training wild burros will take pity on the zebra, but something makes me doubt it.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Superconsndar posted:

The rest of the time they're too busy eating babies to pose for a photo. :smug:

(I didn't notice that either, ugghh. Maybe tricking people into looking at your dogs post-gently caress is some kind of internet alpha roll)

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Help my dog who was outside (here is a picture of it outside) disappeared somehow also it's a Bichon!! They look like other small white dogs!

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
/\/\/\

Bichons can get somewhat largeish, right? I've heard urban myths about hawks and eagles plucking up small dogs in suburban areas... I wonder if that's what happened here.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Jenner posted:

/\/\/\

Bichons can get somewhat largeish, right? I've heard urban myths about hawks and eagles plucking up small dogs in suburban areas... I wonder if that's what happened here.

Bischons are a bit on the large size for that, at least as adults. A great horned owl could probably kill one, but it would be unlikely to be able to carry it off. Adult bichon frises weigh 10-20 lbs, which is as much or more than most eagles, let alone the carrying weight of most birds of prey. I doubt a hawk would even try, and most eagles would be too lazy. The main species of bird of prey to worry about in North America is the great horned owl because they have no problem eating other predators and will definitely prey on cats. Still, you have the size issue unless that was a young puppy.

That said, the coyotes in my neighborhood have no problem climbing a size foot tall fence, all they need is a bit of a running start and some parkour-type moves. My neighbor had some distinctly canine paw prints near the top of the back of their six foot tall security fence, which faced a stream area. It's possible that a dog put it there, but it's more likely to be a coyote.

Another option is that their yard was simply not a secure as they thought it was, it wouldn't take much of a hole for a small dog to escape, and once it's out it's likely to be picked up by someone who would keep it for themselves, if it didn't get hit by a car.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

There's also bobcats, feral large dogs, and people literally plucking animals out of other people's yards to worry about here. It's safer to just have smaller dogs on a leash when you take them outside, that's for sure.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

So I really do actually need a third dog right? Paging paisleyfox, surely you can help me come up with a brilliant argument so hubby will ok this dog.

This 7-month girl is on my local Kijiji for $250.

I'm literally dying right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

oh hey I found the anti-PI

NO RUDE COMMENTS

• Locked thread