Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My mom always bought this sparkling soda stuff at the Commissary all the time. It came in big, glass bottles and had flavors like mountain blackberry & wild cherry and was the best drink ever. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of it, though. I know it's got Canada/Canadian in the name.

E:

TerminalSaint posted:

Clearly Canadian. Haven't seen it it years, but I loved it too.

That was it! I guess they still exist and are sold online.

its all nice on rice has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Apr 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Clearly Canadian. Haven't seen it it years, but I loved it too.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.
Coconut water.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Anyone who spent anytime in Kentucky is familiar with Ale-8-one. Hyper caffeinated, fruity ginger ale. Oh I miss it.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Went to Jungle Jims in Cincinatti and picked up some things that looked interesting.

That place is HUGE, I'll have to go back later since its an hour and a half drive from Indiana. :argh:

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
Milk

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

A recently-tried favorite of mine is Chocolate Coke, which is exactly what it sounds like: Coca-Cola with chocolate syrup.

It tastes like magic.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I like to crunch up a bunch of cheetos in my mouth and then spit them all into a 2-liter of Mountain Dew. Then I chug it. It drizzles into my neck beard. I do this every morning, or my aspergers acts up... Then I boot up WOW and start jerking it to anime until my 70 year old mother comes home and forces me to clean the basement.

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.
Who likes orange soda? GreenCard78 likes orange soda!

Not really anymore but as a kid? gently caress yeah, stuff was awesome. Now I'll take a sip and that's enough for a week.

SHAKY DEFENSE
Mar 4, 2005

anything but that
Purple Drank: sugar, water, purple.

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!
There is a board game cafe in my city. They do gluten-free donuts and Nutella lattes. Nutella lattes.

Anyone want to play some Dominion?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Arizona Sweet Tea. I'm from the south so I know good sweet tea, I understand this stuff is crap, they just put cocaine or something in it so I can't get enough.

Also any of the Simply drinks, but specifically Simply Pink Lemonade. I can go through an entire bottle of it sunday morning if saturday night was particularly rough.

bustercasey
Apr 9, 2012
Gary’s Answer
-Diet Moxie. Yes, Diet.
-Milkis(Korean milk soda,"Fantastic feel!")
-And some other Korean black bean drink. No idea what the name was, but it was in a red and silver pouch, looked like skim milk, and tasted like the most refreshing dirt ever.

greth
Nov 12, 2008

Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?

Umbilical Lotus posted:

There is a board game cafe in my city. They do gluten-free donuts and Nutella lattes. Nutella lattes.

Anyone want to play some Dominion?

You live somewhere with access to magic. And not the TCG sort.

On topic, my favorite non-alcoholic drink is also my favorite alcoholic drink: Cider. I love me anything apple flavored.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Pudgygiant posted:

Arizona Sweet Tea. I'm from the south so I know good sweet tea, I understand this stuff is crap, they just put cocaine or something in it so I can't get enough.

Also any of the Simply drinks, but specifically Simply Pink Lemonade. I can go through an entire bottle of it sunday morning if saturday night was particularly rough.

I picked one up the other day; a bigass can of sweet tea for 99c? Yes please. It tastes like Brisk and has the same addicting taste (chemicals?).

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Bolivar posted:

I like the cold green tea drinks in Japan :neckbeard: Can't get them where I live :negative:

edit: also, Cherry coke. Can't get it either. I see a pattern here :tfrxmas:

Same with Ambasa.

It's basically a creamsicle in a can.

I've only seen it in Japan or Korea. :japan:

I don't drink it but I love vending machine coffee in Japan just for names like BURN and FIRE. :3:

Cuntellectual has a new favorite as of 04:44 on Apr 24, 2013

Sunshine Mix
Jun 11, 2009

SHAKY DEFENSE posted:

Purple Drank: sugar, water, purple.

...I think you're missing a few key ingredients.

Lbeuol
Aug 19, 2006

Washing my hands since 2002
I mostly drink water but the only thing I really miss is Apple Sidra, its made by a Taiwanese company and is extremely rare in the States. It's basically what it sounds like, Apple cider with a very nice fizz and not overly sweet (I might be getting this wrong since its been so long). It really reminds me of my childhood and my grandparents I really wish I could get some without having to fly to Taiwan. :(

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Just look at that beautiful can. Fresh out of the fridge, chilled. Pop the tab, *pssssht*. Take the first cold sip, keep drinking slurps until your throat burns from the cold. Aaaah, the drink of gods.

It really is better in cans. Much more fizz, colder, and 100% fresh every time you open a new one. Bottles suck.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

On that note, the thing I probably chugged most often in my high school years was Tropicana orangade in cans. God only knows it was more HFC and citric acid than anything resembling juice but I was hooked on the stuff. Shame it doesn't come in cans anymore.

soggywaffles
Mar 18, 2009

Sunshine Mix posted:

...I think you're missing a few key ingredients.

...codeine, promethazine...

I actually came across a guy in rehab who had a problem with sippin' that syzzurp. So watch out.

My NA beverage of choice (which is my beverage of choice in general, since there are way better drugs/ROAs than alcohol/drinking):

100% nectar is funny. I think this stuff comes from Mexico, It's like a loophole since it's really mostly syrup, and they can't put 100% juice.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Bolivar posted:

I like the cold green tea drinks in Japan :neckbeard: Can't get them where I live :negative:

edit: also, Cherry coke. Can't get it either. I see a pattern here :tfrxmas:

There's a Sushi joint here in Minneapolis that sells that exact brand of tea. I usually go on a walk to a little park on my lunch break and pick up a bottle on the way. Nothing beats sitting there in late spring/early summer and drinking my green tea :allears:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

20ozMonkey posted:

I know this poo poo is still being produced, but for some stupid reason you can't find it in California.

On the flip side, though, I can get Ritual coffee.

I don't really like soda, but sometimes I absolutely crave one of those Live Wire sodas. Something about it just hits the spot, especially when it's ice cold on a hot day.

SKRILLEX
Dec 16, 2011

Drum posted:

A recently-tried favorite of mine is Chocolate Coke, which is exactly what it sounds like: Coca-Cola with chocolate syrup.

It tastes like magic.

This is my second favorite ever. I always feel silly ordering it in restaurants. Third to this is Coke with coconut flavored syrup (like Torani). But I rarely drink soda anymore, so my number one favorite for a while has been fresh (unpasteurized) orange juice. It's actually really hard to find unpasteurized oj anywhere besides Trader Joe's, and for whatever reason, the pasteurized poo poo makes me want to vomit.

cream of the clop
Sep 24, 2005

serious duck
Wal-Mart brand 99 cent for 2 litres Grape-mofuckin-soda.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
Sweet, sweet 2% milk. Cant drink it anymore, my son has a dairy allergy. :sigh: But also, Strawberry lemonade, Sweet tea, Arnold palmers. Oh and I've come to be a big fan of strawberries wild by Jamba Juice.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
This is the best ginger ale you can have.

It is tough to get your hands on now, and for those that do not live anywhere near Montross in Virginia, it is very expensive to get. Natural ginger bite and real sugar. I want one NOW.

Lately I have been preferring unflavored seltzer water with fresh lemon and lime juices. It makes for a non-sweet 7UP fizzy drink. I am enjoying a glass right now, with lots of ice of course.

iqarus
Mar 31, 2008
hands down this

its also amazing as an alcoholic beverage with a little bit of

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Dry Soda! Especially blood orange. Look at that fancy packaging!

Also:

-Good freshly brewed coffee - hot or iced, black or with cream. As long as it's brewed right, it's delicious.
-jasmine tea (hot or cold)
-homemade hot cider
-Wawa brand blackberry iced tea (this poo poo is like crack and if they ever offer it in half gallons I am going to become a diabetic).

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Obligatory Toast posted:

Dry Soda! Especially blood orange. Look at that fancy packaging!

gently caress yes Dry Soda. The Rhubarb one is delicious and great for attracting baffled looks.

XenonTrioxide
Aug 20, 2005

C8H10N4O2
Oh, god, loving Peach Nehi.

As far as I can tell it straight-up doesn't exist in the state of California anymore, and that's a drat crying shame. It was stupid sweet but I swear I can remember the flavor being so peach like that I could imagine the way peach skin felt in your mouth while I was drinking it.

Sigh. Thinking about it is pretty much killing me with nostalgia and intense longing.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Copella Apple Juice. The finest apple juice known to mankind. There is nothing more refreshing than to chug a bottle after a workout.

Mr. Tibbs
Aug 4, 2012

They call me Mister Tibbs!

Sabaka posted:

It is the best thing ever.

I picked up a bottle of this at one of my local coffee shops because of this thread, and I was very pleased. I like crazy aggressive ginger beers and this certainly suited the bill. I need to do a side by side taste test with Reed's Extra Ginger to pick a true winner, but I have a feeling this will win out. That being said, Reed's Spiced Apple is still probably my single favorite soda.

Has anyone tried Fever Tree Ginger Beer? I've only ever had their tonic water, but I bet they make an awesome ginger beer.

Tazzillekki
Nov 11, 2012

I don't know if this is cheating, but I love me some strawberry flavored non-alcoholic Holsten beer. :haw:

Pretty Pretty Pony
Jul 13, 2003

Bolthouse Farms Vanilla Chai Tea.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bustercasey
Apr 9, 2012
Gary’s Answer

Pretty Pretty Pony posted:

Bolthouse Farms Vanilla Chai Tea.

Bolthouse supports Anti-Gay legislation.

Had this the other day, so loving incredible tasting.

nas1234567890
Sep 18, 2011
I know Starbucks chai latte has been mentioned already, but I'm totally seconding it. It's best when it's hot, especially in the winter. It's still really good iced too.

I also like iced tea from almost any non-fast food restaurants. There's just something about it that I just can't replicate at home. I wish I could figure out what it is.

Pretty Pretty Pony
Jul 13, 2003

I didn't know about all that. Just did some googling and it looks like Bolthouse made amends.

TurboTax
Oct 9, 2012

Tazzillekki posted:

I don't know if this is cheating, but I love me some strawberry flavored non-alcoholic Holsten beer. :haw:

Is "QR" the Qatari Riyal? They seem to love fruit-flavored non-alcoholic beers in the Persian Gulf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Ruby Tuesday's has a variety of fruit flavored teas, all of which are really good. Their strawberry tea is fuggin amazing though. As far as I can tell, they just mix sweet tea with diced up strawberries in a simple syrup. It's delish.

For all time, though, sweet tea in general might just take the cake. I feel sorry for ya if you can't get sweet tea literally everywhere you go.

• Locked thread