Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

AE-35 Unit posted:

and here I thought I was the only person who'd ever actually played that game

I hated that goddamned hippo

It weirded me out that the cartridge refused to fit in my atari.
It just didn't make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

AE-35 Unit posted:

and here I thought I was the only person who'd ever actually played that game

I hated that goddamned hippo

There was this one game in the section of Commodore Magazine where you could type in the BASIC code for a game to play it yourself, and I can't remember if this was it or if it was something else with the name "duck" in the title. It was (or felt like) 20-odd pages of code and I think I spent an entire summer trying to type it in line by line, and of course by the time I finished it, it didn't even loving work because I was 8 and of course I hosed something up along the way.

I should try and find that magazine again, or else the mystery of "Was That Game Even Worth All That loving Effort" will haunt me forever.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Groke posted:

14-year-old me played this drat thing until I knew the game's map of the Caribbean well enough to reliably find the big old sunken treasure with only one map fragment.

hahaha same

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
i always ran like a bitch from pirate hunters in the c64 version of pirates

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
someone reverse-engineer goatse into basic

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

quakster posted:

10 STRETCH
20 GOTO 10

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Below the Root

and

Alice in Wonderland

but gently caress Below the Root, seriously. I only got underground mebbe 3 times and ran out of lamps and stumbled around in the darkness until I died :cry:

now I suppose someone is going to tell me about some dumb everlasting lantern

GRUNSPREKE

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

quakster posted:

POKE 54296,15:POKE 54296,0

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

raditts posted:

There was this one game in the section of Commodore Magazine where you could type in the BASIC code for a game to play it yourself, and I can't remember if this was it or if it was something else with the name "duck" in the title. It was (or felt like) 20-odd pages of code and I think I spent an entire summer trying to type it in line by line, and of course by the time I finished it, it didn't even loving work because I was 8 and of course I hosed something up along the way.

I should try and find that magazine again, or else the mystery of "Was That Game Even Worth All That loving Effort" will haunt me forever.

I did this when I was 8 too, with a different game for an Apple II. It was a really simple flappy bird type game and it wasn't remotely worth the hour or two I spent typing it in. Still felt like a baller when it worked though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
We had the Young Ones game but I never figured out what the point was.

e:

Wikipedia posted:

Due to obscure bugs in the software, it was actually impossible to solve the game, although few users realised this at the time. Orpheus ceased trading before the problems could be remedied.

wasn't just me then

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 3, 2014

• Locked thread