Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are old movies ever funny
sometimes, for instance Space Balls.
no, a decade after a movie is made it stops being funny. all movies we currently find funny will suffer the same fate. death is certain. hail satan
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
the march of age and death op

welcome to grim maturity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
my cousin vinny is still pretty great

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

John Denver Hoxha posted:

my cousin vinny is still pretty great

THE CASE CRACKER! Me in the shower!

It's a bad movie but I laughed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Spinal Tap definitely holds up and I'd like to see some wanker say it doesn't.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

redshirt posted:

Spinal Tap definitely holds up and I'd like to see some wanker say it doesn't.

you've really "got the lingo" eh?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

nomadologique posted:

you've really "got the lingo" eh?

French fries are called "chips".

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

chip off the old block this one clever little git

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
i will always find jack and jill funny ill watch it on my deathbed

naem
May 29, 2011

The pace of modern life has changed, a lot, people communicate all they want 24/7 with whoever they like without limitation thanks to technology, also there is no stable traditional family life or common set of moral values to be upheld or subverted anymore.

And the sexual revolution that began two generations ago as a wild new part of youth culture is today found mainly in the fact that everyone parents divorced and you have step siblings and alternate weekends while college grads can't find jobs and have to decide which set of parents to live with while working retail.

Watching a 20 year old slow paced movie about people from safe functional homes say "Doodie! Butts haha sex humping! I like boobs! We have to get these fax machines to old man Wither's house or they'll shut down the video arcade" doesn't quite resonate anymore

naem fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 11, 2014

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Dr.Strangelove is still pretty good, but the impact of the ending is lost and the overall theme of COMMUNISTS isn't as ominous today

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
I watched The Thin Man the other day and laughed a few times. That was made in the 30s. Something about seeing a drunk man being a suave genius crime solver is still funny.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
In fact The Man Who Knew Too Little starring Bill Murray is still really funny and everyone should check it out. Having watched What About Bob and Steve Zisou recently I can say I'd probably vote for Bill Murray if he ran for president. poo poo would get done with a guy like that around.

I'm still waiting on Police Academy 1-7

I'll watch Weekend at Bernies today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Wow, gently caress! that first half-hour of Weekend at Bernie's is downright painful

Afterwards it's pretty much still funny.

• Locked thread