Streamskips
Jan 5, 2009

by Lowtax
it is your job to stay alive, if you die the mission will fail and we will die, do you want that

Streamskips
Jan 5, 2009

by Lowtax
get the gently caress up, so what your bleeds, everyone bleeds, gently caress i bleed.

Streamskips
Jan 5, 2009

by Lowtax
YOIU DO NOT WANT TO BE REMEMBERED AS THE GUY WHO HAS A JAMMED SLIDE

Streamskips
Jan 5, 2009

by Lowtax
is only scars yourene not dead, they arent dead, you unjammed yopure sl;idse, and now youre hosed in the head

Streamskips
Jan 5, 2009

by Lowtax
im cry now

Streamskips
Jan 5, 2009

by Lowtax
you have to get up, others depend on you

Streamskips
Jan 5, 2009

by Lowtax
im hurt pretty good huh?

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
im going to kill ymself and everyone else in the world, much like in my favorite anime neon genesis evangelion.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
white people need to stop this cultural appropriation of depression

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

The Mad Archivist posted:

let's hypothetically assume someone who is depressed and doesn't exercise often follows the advice of the YLLS depression bootstrappers ITT

> starts exercising to dispel depression
> sprains a tendon or some loving bullshit because body is not used to exercise and they're not well versed in the proper form for pretty much anything
> goes to the doctor, gets loads of medical bills and debt treating injury
> can't exercise, walk for weeks

thanks thraed, life is looking up :buddy:

How do you know someone is fat, has never exercised and probably never will? When they hear about exercising and their first thought is 'I'll sprain something and stay in bed for weeks on end!'

Just because you're shaped like an egg doesn't mean you'll break like one, fatty

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

skipped to last page to mention that twee as gently caress once told me it would be impossible to stay depressed if i lost weight and bought new clothes and saw he was here already lmao

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

skipped to last page to mention that twee as gently caress once told me it would be impossible to stay depressed if i lost weight and bought new clothes and saw he was here already lmao

well, did you start hitting the gym for an hour at least three times a week for a long period of time while monitoring your caloric intake to make sure you lost weight, then bought a new wardrobe and got more active in social settings?

No? You just stayed home getting fatter and playing steam and you're laughing at how what I suggested wouldn't work? Oh ok

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Twee as gently caress posted:

well, did you start hitting the gym for an hour at least three times a week for a long period of time while monitoring your caloric intake to make sure you lost weight, then bought a new wardrobe and got more active in social settings?

No? You just stayed home getting fatter and playing steam and you're laughing at how what I suggested wouldn't work? Oh ok
i already go to the gym several times a week and have a low bmi and think i have a pretty smart dress sense. if i lost any weight i would literally make myself ill. you literally assume that people can only be sad if they haven't bought new clothes recently, which i think is bad.

i started taking antidepressants but they just make me even more certain that i hate myself and want to die like a big old human being lol

do you have any more advice? do i need to buy new socks? is that the last vital part of the puzzle? i kinda need new socks but im poor at the moment

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

*lifts a heavy thing*

unnnnf yes my overly high levels of brain monoamine oxidase A are disappearing with every lift. sweating out that chemical imbalance that causes excessive serotonin breakdown. its gone. im happy now

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

*lifts a heavy thing*

unnnnf yes my overly high levels of brain monoamine oxidase A are disappearing with every lift. sweating out that chemical imbalance that causes excessive serotonin breakdown. its gone. im happy now

this post is making me cu,m

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

gagelion posted:

this post is making me cu,m
shitposting is my fetish and being observed is a key part of that. you got me off today. had a sad cum. thanks

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

actually depressed is old as humanity
one of the first written works was "man has a dispute with his Ba" where some ancinet egjpto bitches out his soul for how lovely life is and how he feels bad about hisself

I wonder if animals get depressed or is just stupid monkey brains that do it

At least a depressed ancient egyptian could smoke a bowl of opium without the MAN getting in his/her face

i'll repeat what I say every time and wrote even in that thread:

Twee as gently caress posted:

Pretty much the only people who are fit, have a job and a healthy relationship who are actually living with depression* either have a chemical imbalance in their brains or really deep-rooted childhood poo poo that requires years of therapy

I'm sorry that your brain is apparently fundamentally broken and gives you a serious chemical imbalance that can only be resolved with pills to make it work, but your experience is not the same as those who do not have chemical imbalances and therefore don't require the same kind of treatment

you can't bootstrap yourself out of your brain producing the wrong chemicals, or too little/too much. you can bootstrap yourself out of a general non-physiologically based one the majority of the time however

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh okay that's fair, yeah gently caress people who're depressed because they're fat and lazy. they're culturally appropriating me

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
millennials are depressed because they have zero prospects of enjoying the same standard of living as their parents that's why graduates working lovely service jobs get sad brains and post in e/n a lot. since becoming a proper jobhaver i've barely even watched an anime or put a dozen hours into steam then argued about some bullshit in d&d :smug:

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
As someone who has been taking antidepressants since high school, I think I am qualified to say that depression isn't real

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

*lifts a heavy thing*

unnnnf yes my overly high levels of brain monoamine oxidase A are disappearing with every lift. sweating out that chemical imbalance that causes excessive serotonin breakdown. its gone. im happy now

lift a heavier thing and then do it again u pussy bitch. pussy bitch, wear some cool shades and get some new shoes, u will look boss. sissy. feelin sad? start with a jog then explosively begin to sprint as hardas u can. that feeling afte ra good workout--that is trueh happiness, it is occasion of ur essence flourishing. there is nnthing but matter and all else is epiphenomeman. our yearnings anwser to nothing real...feelin a bit 'blue? or down'n'out? fmamily muredered ? forget it, back is mondays u slouch bitch. no buff man ever killed himself excpet he was not buff enuf.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

oh okay that's fair, yeah gently caress people who're depressed because they're fat and lazy. they're culturally appropriating me

yeah they feel like poo poo because they are fat and lazy and do nothing all day, which gives them so little energy that they can't imagine ever doing something active because they believe in some dumb counter-intuitive bullshit 'If I sit at home all day and I'm tired, I can't go ahead and just spend whatever little energy I have on exercise, I'll have to be in bed all day otherwise!' or some similar bullshit. Just see the guy a few posts back saying that they are likely to hurt themselves and be unable to walk for weeks lol

which is terrible because physical activity doesn't just bootstrap you out of depression, it can actually prevent them from happening in the first place

so yeah if you're depressed, go to the gym 3 times a week, lose some weight and get swole then buy a new wardrobe and start interacting with more people and doing social poo poo is literally the answer to fight depression unless you've got chemical imbalance or something extremely traumatic* that happened to you in your youth or like a soldier with PTSD or something.

*gym teacher mocking you in front of everyone in 3rd grade doesn't count

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
yea the problem is there are plenty of people with legit hosed up childhoods who get called lazy or spoiled or whatever then when you tell people you have ptsd or something some sociopath mocks you "wahh daddy was mean to meeeeee" (may only apply to america)

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

gagelion posted:

yea the problem is there are plenty of people with legit hosed up childhoods who get called lazy or spoiled or whatever then when you tell people you have ptsd or something some sociopath mocks you "wahh daddy was mean to meeeeee" (may only apply to america)

the problem is that the goalposts have moved from 'daddy molested/beat the poo poo out of me for years' or 'my single mother was a crackwhore and I had to get her to the hospital after she od'ed like 3 times by the time I was 12' to 'They said mean things to me and won't let me go to comic con gently caress YOU DAD YOU FASCIST' or 'My father is a republican'

there are legit childhood issues that can gently caress your life over, but the current crop of 20 something complaining about their childhood are usually just weak children who :qq: about absolute bullshit and need to toughen the gently caress up (i usually blame parents + society for coddling them too much tbf)

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
just like most 'rapes' arent real stupid pussification of society

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
I was actually pretty chill until this morning when i met the new girl my boss hired at work and shes literally the happiest person in the world who talks in your face non stop at a million miles an hour about how amazing her christian group is and her choir poo poo that she does and then she squeels and claps with excitement whenever she sees something new she literally did this about a cup she liked gently caress my life.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I was actually pretty chill until this morning when i met the new girl my boss hired at work and shes literally the happiest person in the world who talks in your face non stop at a million miles an hour about how amazing her christian group is and her choir poo poo that she does and then she squeels and claps with excitement whenever she sees something new she literally did this about a cup she liked gently caress my life.

stop being a pussy and ask her out already

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Decebal posted:

stop being a pussy and ask her out already

Well i have a gf already plus apparently her bf Dan is amazing and he goes to her christian group too and some other amazing poo poo about how much they are in love that made me want to vomit when she was bleeting on and on.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

imagine how excited she will b when you and dan offer to eiffel tower her

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

oh no she has a fantastic life and she's happy what a horrible bitch

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Twee as gently caress posted:

oh no she has a fantastic life and she's happy what a horrible bitch

loving right i was ready to come into work my usual cynical apathetic self and shes like omfg we sell tea and this teas amazing and so is this and have you tried this and omg i love my new job and my life blah blah blah choir blah blah blah i love the colour pink blah blah blah my amazing bf she doesn't even stop for air.

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
why don't depressed people just man up?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

because of this horrible cyberpunk future we live in.

:vince: What a great first post.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i'm depressed bc i wanted to be alive in the middle ages

i wanna be a peasant :(

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

twee as gently caress should really get a namechange to dumb as gently caress

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
pretty weak portals

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Twee as gently caress posted:

the problem is that the goalposts have moved from 'daddy molested/beat the poo poo out of me for years' or 'my single mother was a crackwhore and I had to get her to the hospital after she od'ed like 3 times by the time I was 12' to 'They said mean things to me and won't let me go to comic con gently caress YOU DAD YOU FASCIST' or 'My father is a republican'

there are legit childhood issues that can gently caress your life over, but the current crop of 20 something complaining about their childhood are usually just weak children who :qq: about absolute bullshit and need to toughen the gently caress up (i usually blame parents + society for coddling them too much tbf)

I had a great childhood. My parents loved and supported me unconditionally. I'm still a whiny bitch. Hence my "depression isn't real" theory

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
what if your parenst friend zoned you

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
DEpression????

no this is OPpression!!!!!! *raises black power fist*
*lightning strikes in background as powerchord kicks in*

  • Locked thread