Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

CatsPajamas posted:

If you really want you could contact Nintendo to follow-up with it, but remember good things come to those who wait - you'll appreciate both your Wii U and life in general more if you're patient.

Sounds like it'll be fine then, I wasn't sure if that was likely standard or possibly a matter of error. Good enough for me to just know that that happens.

I registered a copy of Mario Kart 8 last month and took NSMBU for my free download code. Also have 3D World sitting on my shelf waiting.

Glad to know about the Digital Deluxe Promotion as I probably would have never known about that if not for this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheRam posted:

You heard it here first folks: https://twitter.com/ArmilloGame

If these guys had a huge following then I would literally be famous right now.
or they probably wouldn't have done that.

Also, don't buy Ice Cream Surfer the game blows, but you probably knew that! I say this as someone who enjoys these games, Jamestown is maybe my favourite indie game. This game is absolutely not worth money, the visuals don't save it at all honestly.

I have no idea what this post means, but it sounds so juicy that I'm trying hard to find out.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

noirstronaut posted:

I have no idea what this post means, but it sounds so juicy that I'm trying hard to find out.

Oh sorry it wasn't supposed to be cryptic. I tweeted a review I did of Armillo to the devs, for whatever reason they responded to me with two different accounts and retweeted my review both initially, and also randomly a day or two later with the line "On the fence about Armillo? Check out @ElRammo 6 minute review:...".

I guess you could be a bit cynical about it, but from my POV they are a bunch of sweethearts.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheRam posted:

Oh sorry it wasn't supposed to be cryptic. I tweeted a review I did of Armillo to the devs, for whatever reason they responded to me with two different accounts and retweeted my review both initially, and also randomly a day or two later with the line "On the fence about Armillo? Check out @ElRammo 6 minute review:...".

I guess you could be a bit cynical about it, but from my POV they are a bunch of sweethearts.

Oh, that's cool! I was under the impression they had done something that would look like bad PR.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Just bought a wii-u deluxe pack with super mario U, and a 'pro' controller, and mario kart 8. Everything is just charging, can't wait!

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

VelociBacon posted:

Just bought a wii-u deluxe pack with super mario U, and a 'pro' controller, and mario kart 8. Everything is just charging, can't wait!

You have good taste and I hope you enjoy your games! If you like NSMBU and want more, check out Luigi U because it's the same style of gameplay but a lot faster-paced. And Super Mario 3D world is an awesome platformer too.

Are goons still doing MK8 games? I was really trying to get the hang of inside drifting before really going online. Got really used to carts with light/medium characters but it seems like the inside drifting bikes would really help for heavy characters.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kinda hard to tell from the low resolution stills. Gonna do the right thing and wait on MARIO_WIIU's confirmation before buying.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Racking my brain for how to approach the list of 10-15. For a list of 10-15 key games on the Wii, I'd rather stick to games that can't be found elsewhere, or are superior in some way on the system. As a jumping-off point, I'll use Metacritic, although I am aware that it is dumb. I'll also be taking out games that rely too heavily on their online play to be enjoyable, as you straight-up cannot play online Wii games anymore without a lot of extraneous stuff.
(Also, if someone REALLY wants more NSMB, NSMBW really does not need a recommendation, seriously.)

• Super Mario Galaxy
  • (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • (Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, some people swear by this version)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
  • Little King's Story
  • Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
  • LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Boom Blox (Bash Party)
  • Fluidity
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

And we'll work from here, until we can at least sort of agree on the list. The benefit of starting this way is that the list isn't absolutely flooded with platformers, as it would be if I used my own opinions as a jumping-off point.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
Skyward Sword is a steaming hot turd. I nominate The Last Story instead.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
"Here is a list of all the Wii games ever released. They are good."

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

enojy posted:

Kinda hard to tell from the low resolution stills. Gonna do the right thing and wait on MARIO_WIIU's confirmation before buying.
It has nice water that you can use to kill things.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

13/f/cali posted:

Sounds like it'll be fine then, I wasn't sure if that was likely standard or possibly a matter of error. Good enough for me to just know that that happens.

Yeah, that's normal, my Wii U shipped, I have it and having been playing it for around 2 months and store.nintendo still says my order is processing.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ultigonio posted:

[*](Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, some people swear by this version)

Well it IS the best version and I've played it a few times despite also having played it on both GC and PS2. It's aged incredibly well.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ultigonio posted:

Racking my brain for how to approach the list of 10-15. For a list of 10-15 key games on the Wii, I'd rather stick to games that can't be found elsewhere, or are superior in some way on the system. As a jumping-off point, I'll use Metacritic, although I am aware that it is dumb. I'll also be taking out games that rely too heavily on their online play to be enjoyable, as you straight-up cannot play online Wii games anymore without a lot of extraneous stuff.
(Also, if someone REALLY wants more NSMB, NSMBW really does not need a recommendation, seriously.)

• Super Mario Galaxy
  • (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • (Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, some people swear by this version)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
  • Little King's Story
  • Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
  • LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Boom Blox (Bash Party)
  • Fluidity
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

And we'll work from here, until we can at least sort of agree on the list. The benefit of starting this way is that the list isn't absolutely flooded with platformers, as it would be if I used my own opinions as a jumping-off point.

Put (2) next to Super Mario Galaxy. Then take out Fluidity and Lost Winds as who knows how long the Wii shop will be up for and for those 3 spots throw in Last Story, Brawl and No More Heroes 2 and lets call it a day and never speak of this OP again.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Commissar Ken posted:

Put (2) next to Super Mario Galaxy. Then take out Fluidity and Lost Winds as who knows how long the Wii shop will be up for and for those 3 spots throw in Last Story, Brawl and No More Heroes 2 and lets call it a day and never speak of this OP again.

Yep.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Commissar Ken posted:

Sounds like a plan.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

"Here is a list of all the Wii games ever released. They are good."

Counterpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVeMiIa1I2k

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Got my Wii U in the mail today! Super fast turnaround on the refurb; it beat my Mario Kart game here. (I ordered on the weekend and picked 2-day shipping.) I already love the Wii U shop way more than the 3DS shop. When a game is playable on the Pad and/or TV, it just runs on both, right? There's no way to blank it out on the pad? (On the TV I can just change channel, I guess.)

Also, Pikmin Wii Transfer App Thing for GOTY.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jedi425 posted:

Got my Wii U in the mail today! Super fast turnaround on the refurb; it beat my Mario Kart game here. (I ordered on the weekend and picked 2-day shipping.) I already love the Wii U shop way more than the 3DS shop. When a game is playable on the Pad and/or TV, it just runs on both, right? There's no way to blank it out on the pad? (On the TV I can just change channel, I guess.)

Yeah, your closest solution is turning brightness all the way down.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

You can hit the home button and turn off the gamepad in the options, although Netflix in particular will halt playback if you push the home button so watch out for that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Don't go bashing Anubis and Ninja bread man. Those are my go to games for when I need an extra white DVD case for 25 cents.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Commissar Ken posted:

this except also but in Super Paper Mario

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jedi425 posted:

Only way to keep it off during play is to use another controller.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I don't know if it's necessary to exclude wiiware games, I think including one or two of the best doesn't hurt.
Lost Winds 2 is an excellent game by the way and I would still recommend it on WiiU, Blaster Master Overdrive too I guess

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh for fucks sake, just let him post a drat list in the OP. We will all be able to live perfectly happy lives if the OP doesn't contain some games we like or includes some games we don't like. No matter what's on the list people are just gonna come in every 10-20 pages or so asking for Wii game recommendations anyways.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Why isn't Kirby's Return to Dreamland on there? And does anyone even play Tatsunoko vs. Capcom anymore? That one seems weird to recommend to me.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

How long does it take to fully charge the Wii-u controller? Both the one with the screen and the 'pro' one?

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

VelociBacon posted:

How long does it take to fully charge the Wii-u controller? Both the one with the screen and the 'pro' one?

YMMV but my Gamepad charges from near-dead (flashing red power light) to full in maybe an hour. The Pro Controller takes a little longer but holds that charge for a really, really long time.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

axleblaze posted:

Oh for fucks sake, just let him post a drat list in the OP. We will all be able to live perfectly happy lives if the OP doesn't contain some games we like or includes some games we don't like. No matter what's on the list people are just gonna come in every 10-20 pages or so asking for Wii game recommendations anyways.

I have already posted a list in the OP, it contains ten games and I just do not care. :cool: It's real basic, if people want more niche titles or a greater variety then everyone's gonna' love recommending old games to people anyway, so I think just sticking to simple things that people with NO knowledge of the Wii's library can just jump right into would be good.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Nobody is going to read the OP anyways. It slowly drove the last thread's OP creator into a very dark place, never to be heard from again.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
OPs are just FAQs and no one reads the FAQ.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

VelociBacon posted:

No one knows for sure on the pro because they only need a charge every year or two.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Very cute.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Someone get Samus a sandwhich.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

My favorite part about this was when people acted like this was some sort of "new low" for Nintendo.

What a special hobby we have.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

My condolences for Orange Samus's scoliosis.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Ultigonio posted:

My favorite part about this was when people acted like this was some sort of "new low" for Nintendo.

What a special hobby we have.

It's maybe not a new low for Nintendo or anything, but it is kinda disappointing.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Zoran posted:

My condolences for Orange Samus's scoliosis.

She has bendy bones how do you think she curls up into a ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

absolutely anything posted:

how do you think she curls up into a ball

• Locked thread