Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
He and enchantress are being douchey holier than thou types. And he can't lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Is Loki Inverted or actually just decent now?

He is inverted but it has turned him into a huge rear end in a top hat.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Nevvy Z posted:

And he can't lie.

What's his opinion on big butts?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nevvy Z posted:

He and enchantress are being douchey holier than thou types. And he can't lie.

That's kinda all the villains so far. And the Heroes are way big douchebags. Sending her kids to kill Mystique.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Nevvy Z posted:

The Thor and Loki bit setup stuff that happened in revolutions and loki's comic. It was also a bit redundant. This event is a special kind of lovely because it doesn't even have wasted potential like most of the last bunch. I don't even know how they would do a What If? for it. "What If a different character had been inverted?" Let's watch daredevil be an rear end in a top hat for an issue. WOO?

I think my favorite part was how some of the dialogue/events were just recreated exactly between the two books. Okay! Thanks! Axis!

This is paced so badly and it's so dumb and I just ... :negative: I really thought it could be a goofy/fun thing, if stupid as hell, and it's ... yeah. Yeah.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

What's his opinion on big butts?

It's up for Thor to confirm or deny that opinion.

The Non Sequitur
Sep 16, 2007
Orange Sofa!

Mooseontheloose posted:

It's up for Thor to confirm or deny that opinion.

Or Balder. :hfive:

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Jiro posted:

I still say Magneto pulling a straight up Gallagher on Skull's skull was the best thing that happened for this event and now I wish it was the climax to how it should have ended.

Xavier's ghost shoulda floated up from the red paste, said "Thanks, Erik." and floated away. End event. It'd be talked about for years to come.
Hickman's Avengers books are a way better event right now, and they're not even "technically" an event! Their between-oh-poo poo-moments moments are way more fun to read than Sixis.
It actually pisses me off that Sixis completely derailed The-Punisher-But-For-Mutants and is hogging the last arc of X-Factor. The worst part is there's a totally interesting story happening with the X-Men and New Apocalypse and we're only getting little chunks of it at a time. X-Men Vs the Marvel Universe in a non-event, status-quo context could actually be pretty cool. It's yet to be done, but it's possible.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
You know – I never thought I’d be one of those people who’d go all ‘my fave character wouldn’t do that’ and get all out of shape over all this inversion shenanigans – but it turns out I am. :/

Revolutions #3 just has Kitty Pryde smiling happily as she causes someone to be murdered while framing some bystander, and yes I know it’s because of mind-altering magic shenanigans and she’s turned evil and whatever but it’s still Kitty Pryde gleefully letting someone die. It’s just wrong. Nothing even comes of the story - its just someobes excuse to write Evil Shadowcat. And the fact that we’ll probably never see it addressed once this all over just irks me.

tl;dr: :cry: I dun’ lik Sixis.

Still, I did pick up Hobgobin and Carnage, and those are great. So :unsmith:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Well I guess the "point" of Axis and pushing Wanda and Pietro so much has been revealed in this weeks issue. It turns out that Magneto isn't really their father after all and has just been lying the entire time, because Magneto

(is not in Age of Ultron)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LMAO

So is Polaris still Magneto's kid or did someone decide to unretcon that?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Waterhaul posted:

Well I guess the "point" of Axis and pushing Wanda and Pietro so much has been revealed in this weeks issue. It turns out that Magneto isn't really their father after all and has just been lying the entire time, because Magneto

(is not in Age of Ultron)

Is it Wizzer?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

It turns out that Magneto isn't really their father after all and has just been lying the entire time
That's a bit of a long con just to get some new ties every year.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That contradicts so many existing comics.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

To be some kind of fair I'm sure once all the mind control nonsense ends they can have Magneto reveal that he legitimately did think they were his kids but even still it's all dumb as hell. Not Battle Scars dumb, but close.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The Uncanny Avengers teaser we had a while back makes more sense now:

I guess their real parents could be Inhumans or they could be enhanced humans or whatever

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I understand making them into Inhumans for the movies and stuff but doing it in the comics seems dumb to me.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Senor Candle posted:

I understand making them into Inhumans for the movies and stuff but doing it in the comics seems dumb to me.

Nick Fury. Shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Mutants? NO MORE!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Chinaman7000 posted:

Nick Fury. Shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

They didn't transform OG Nick Fury into Sam Jackson Nick Fury. It's not the same thing.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Senor Candle posted:

One good point from all the poo poo-- It actually makes the whole original Onslaught/Heroes Reborn stuff make sense.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

rkajdi posted:

One good point from all the poo poo-- It actually makes the whole original Onslaught/Heroes Reborn stuff make sense.

But at what cost, man? AT WHAT COST?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Senor Candle posted:

This is pretty much the story of Marvel from the last few years: changes in the comics to reflect the movies in the hopes that movie fans see the similarities and pick up the comics except it backfires and you just wind up pissing off/confusing the psople that are still reading the comics.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'll say one thing about the new issue of Axis: if I ever get around to releasing my revolutionary trip-hop concept album, it will now be called "Domination Groove."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
As much as I enjoy Carnage as a hero, you just know a little while from now a Carnage version of this will happen:

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
I wonder if any writer will ever have the balls to retcon that story arc to have something to do with Angela.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I've been playing catching with Axis as I've been in one of my almost regular comic breaks for a few months and I have to say I'm really enjoying the whole inversion. It's a lot fun just seeing characters do a 180. One question is why did some people not get affected by it at all, but others became massive dickheads or massive good people?

Also the "gently caress you Fox they're Inhumans" is pretty humorous. I can totally understand, but it's still funny.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 11, 2014

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

If Wanda and Pietro turn out to not be mutants, I wonder how they'll explain Pietro losing his powers after M-Day

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Dacap posted:

If Wanda and Pietro turn out to not be mutants, I wonder how they'll explain Pietro losing his powers after M-Day

I mean, it was all Wanda's doing so if she thought he was a mutant... makes sense to me.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elucidarius posted:

I mean, it was all Wanda's doing so if she thought he was a mutant... makes sense to me.

Yeah but then would the bloodline curse work on Magneto too then?

There was actually a decent theory posted on comicbook.com that explained it well enough for me, but I need to track it down.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

gfanikf posted:

Yeah but then would the bloodline curse work on Magneto too then?

There was actually a decent theory posted on comicbook.com that explained it well enough for me, but I need to track it down.

She thought Magneto was her dad so she made sure it hit him.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The way I saw it, Magneto actually was Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's father until Wanda decided he wasn't. Because she can do that. The way she called him "father" in the beginning of the scene made it apparent that she wanted nothing to do with him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, none of this matters since she can just change it at will!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

WickedHate posted:

As much as I enjoy Carnage as a hero, you just know a little while from now a Carnage version of this will happen:

Which is why Gillen went through that complicated final issue of his Journey Into Mystery run.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Wanda and Pietro? My kids? ...Yeah. Yeah, they're my kids. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Dacap posted:

Pretty sure Pietro losing his powers was psychological like Iceman he got them back in the Quick and the Dead by believing in himself. Which is a lovely explanation of that comic which was actually really good.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster
So in other words they made an even dumber retcon of a dumb retcon?

Marvel101.txt

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Uuuuuuuuuugh

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Dacap posted:

What I want to know is, if they're apparently not mutants ... how were they never tested for the X-gene or whatever? Did no one bother doing that ever, for real? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Well they showed up in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, I guess people just sort of went with it.

• Locked thread