Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friedpundit
May 6, 2009

Merry Christmas Scary Wormhole!

Do I bring up Attenborough's acting career or keep my mouth shut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Keep your mouth shut, don't ruin a joke by being a sperg. Dude almost certainly knows of Attenborough's acting career.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Friedpundit posted:

Do I bring up Attenborough's acting career or keep my mouth shut?

Attenborough is that dude who's in four seconds of Brannagh's Hamlet!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Richard Attenbrough is best known for his incredible voice work, for the video game, Trespasser.

Kenneth Branagh is one of the most versatile actors of our generation. His unforgettable performance as Dr. Arless Loveless is one that doesn't come around all that often, and may never come again!

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 14, 2015

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is that called The Skelethrone?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I inadvertently had myself a "Sissy Spacek has a bad day" marathon with: 3 Women, Badlands and Carrie. Still trying to process the last 5 minutes of the first one.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I don't like the word "philistines"

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Would you prefer plebeian? Rube? Bumpkin?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hat Thoughts posted:

That's fair. Philistia doesn't exist anymore.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Hat Thoughts posted:

There are people out there who have really awful attitudes about art though, and I feel like calling them by the name of a people most famous for getting their rear end kicked is a good burn.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h03QBNVwX8Q

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

You know how in Frasier his Dad has his favorite recliner? This is gonna be mine.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Oh hey there's a new thread, hello!

Dickeye, people outside of NJ know the front bottoms? I went to school with them, I had no idea they were still around.

Toebone fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 14, 2015

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
By the way, if you guys didn't know, do not buy any avatars/custom titles right now. The avatar servers are full (no I am not kidding).

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
oh my, the whole 20 megabytes of it?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Toebone posted:

Dickeye, people outside of NJ know the front bottoms? I went to school with them, I had no idea they were still around.

I heard of them via the Chris Gethard Show so I have no idea. They're not part of the indie clique I usually follow

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GonSmithe posted:

By the way, if you guys didn't know, do not buy any avatars/custom titles right now. The avatar servers are full (no I am not kidding).

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

GonSmithe posted:

Man get on it. Who is running this show? Need new servers I want a new avatar. Get on it, customer is angry. I paid 10bux...blah blah.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Qqqq Qqqqqqq,

Comicchat I've been working on reading Hickman's Avengers run now that he's in the final stages of it and I can read it in large chunks instead of month to month, and it's so much better this way. I just got to my favorite part of Infinity, wherein Thor frees the Kree homeworld from being enslaved by dickbag alien exterminators by pretending to parlay, throwing Mjolnir into space under the pretense of disarming himself, and slingshotting the loving thing around a sun to smash through the head dickbag's chest in the middle of his triumphant speech.

Comics are great.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 14, 2015

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

GonSmithe posted:

This website really is just a bunch of tubes held together by masking tape, isn't it?

In other news

Sweet, Sweet schadenfreude.

Hoisin Crispy Owl
Jan 1, 2010

Vincent posted:

I inadvertently had myself a "Sissy Spacek has a bad day" marathon with: 3 Women, Badlands and Carrie. Still trying to process the last 5 minutes of the first one.

3 Women was based on a dream Robert Altman had, it feels like the last moments of that film reflect the last moments of a dream: its the part you remember best and then you're suddenly awake and you just don't know what's going on at all.

But I think the ending is summed up through the tagline on the poster: "1 woman became 2/2 women became 3/3 woman became 1". As if together the titular 3 women become a whole "family" unit, compensating for the personality flaws each woman has.

Granted, the rest of the movie is just as unnerving.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Literally The Worst posted:

Qqqq Qqqqqqq,

Comicchat I've been working on reading Hickman's Avengers run now that he's in the final stages of it and I can read it in large chunks instead of month to month, and it's so much better this way. I just got to my favorite part of Infinity, wherein Thor frees the Kree homeworld from being enslaved by dickbag alien exterminators by pretending to parlay, throwing Mjolnir into space under the pretense of disarming himself, and slingshotting the loving thing around a sun to smash through the head dickbag's chest in the middle of his triumphant speech.

Comics are great.

Hickman's Avengers are awesome. Best big two superhero comics I've read since Kingdom Come.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gatts posted:

Hickman's Avengers are awesome. Best big two superhero comics I've read since Kingdom Come.

I don't like Mark Waid or Alex Ross.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

LoonShia posted:

Is that called The Skelethrone?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I like this skeleton/skulls thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmFZqbh7TaU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
You guys also call them skellingtons, right?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQe8XEqu7yM

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I thought the British called them bonesey wonsies

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
On the streets, they're called Dominoes.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not the best link (pun not intended) I can find, but apt given the thread's title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9jjv5HWR4E

Basically, in Ocarina Of Time there's these skeletons that come out at night, two at a time. Kill them, slightly bigger ones come out. This repeats. Normally it's stopped when the sun rises and the skeletons stop spawning, but locking the time to night with a cheat code or something allows... really big skeletons to come out. As deadly as the tiny ones, but still funny.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

Not the best link (pun not intended) I can find, but apt given the thread's title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9jjv5HWR4E

Basically, in Ocarina Of Time there's these skeletons that come out at night, two at a time. Kill them, slightly bigger ones come out. This repeats. Normally it's stopped when the sun rises and the skeletons stop spawning, but locking the time to night with a cheat code or something allows... really big skeletons to come out. As deadly as the tiny ones, but still funny.

This is the only Zelda-related skeleton video anyone wants to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpHzLYHkwA

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Gonna go pick up The Skeleton Twins on hold at the library today. With a title that rad I'm expecting a bone-chilling time!

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Alright boneheads, cut it out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Discount Viscount posted:

Gonna go pick up The Skeleton Twins on hold at the library today. With a title that rad I'm expecting a bone-chilling time!
Spoiler: the two main characters get very close to becoming skeletons but they do not

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Anonymous Robot posted:

Alright boneheads, cut it out.

Actually they should continue. I'm finding these jokes quite humerus.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Bone. Boner.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Erect penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Toebone posted:

I only know of them because they came up on spotify's Dad Punchers radio. Which is rather apt.

• Locked thread