Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

luckily tomorrow Sound! Euphonium episode 13 will come out and forever put an end to subtext only relationships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope Yoru no Nai Kuni ends up being good and Gust drops subtext forever too.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Sakurazuka posted:

I hope Yoru no Nai Kuni ends up being good and Gust drops subtext forever too.

what do you mean, isn't naked hugging subtext

though it's pretty great how they've literally done everything short of writing "This is a Gay Game about Tragic Gay Demon Love" all over it

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

they've literally done everything short of writing "This is a Gay Game about Tragic Gay Demon Love" all over it

actually I'm pretty sure they said exactly that:

Announcement posted:

This Land Without Night does not exist on maps. This is the story of two girls’ love scattered in history. A story of life and battle not told by anyone thereafter. A story based on this true love, both sadder than anything else and more beautiful than the moon—.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the vas were interviewed for a magazine and both of them specifically talked about the love between their characters

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Endorph posted:

the vas were interviewed for a magazine and both of them specifically talked about the love between their characters

good then, a lot of the advertising lines and conversation about it made it sound like they were going to take it juuuust up to the line of plausible deniability (e.g. "The story is what you make of it!" and "There are many different kinds of love" bullshit)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Can they put on more clothes though?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Volt Catfish posted:

Can they put on more clothes though?
i would prefer that they dont

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I hate that one that's basically underwear and a boob window but I don't mind the sexy demon stuff really

Cute bunny transform:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/29/arnath-shows-off-her-rabbit-form-and-more-weapons-in-land-of-no-night/

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 30, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can The Gentlemieu tell us if it's okay to like the cute bunny or whether it's a terrifying allusion to being forced into sex labour by making them look like playboy bunnies?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One of these days I'm actually going to finish an Atelier game.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I'm going to buy Ayesha+ now that it's on a sale and not finish another Atelier game, but if I live long enough I'll able to finish at least now playing a few hours a year, wish me luck. I love the idea of those games, I love how cute and charming they are, the characters, but actually playing the games makes me just look at the list of tasks, then the time limit and I just can't manage. I should just relax and do whatever I can, instead of trying to do everything at once, I suppose, but here's a question - is there a new game+ in any one of them that starts from a "bad" end, or do I have to reach any ending to be able to get a proper empowered start?

The Gentlemieu
Jan 1, 2013
Soiled Meat

Aurain posted:

Can The Gentlemieu tell us if it's okay to like the cute bunny or whether it's a terrifying allusion to being forced into sex labour by making them look like playboy bunnies?

Maybe? It's okay to like what you like.
Never meant to imply differently.

Plus, as far as I know consent is involved?

Szurumbur posted:

I'm going to buy Ayesha+ now that it's on a sale and not finish another Atelier game, but if I live long enough I'll able to finish at least now playing a few hours a year, wish me luck. I love the idea of those games, I love how cute and charming they are, the characters, but actually playing the games makes me just look at the list of tasks, then the time limit and I just can't manage. I should just relax and do whatever I can, instead of trying to do everything at once, I suppose, but here's a question - is there a new game+ in any one of them that starts from a "bad" end, or do I have to reach any ending to be able to get a proper empowered start?

In Ayesha plus, all equipped equipment and money carries over. You have three years to save Nio. You get the bad end if you do not save her during this time, but you do get new game plus from this ending. I saved her during year 2 month 3. You have more than enough time. Character events pop up as icons on the world map too for easy questing. Crafting travelers shoes ASAP saves a lot of days too FYI.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

The Gentlemieu posted:

Crafting travelers shoes ASAP saves a lot of days too FYI.

Also crafting that thing that reduces gathering time helps a lot.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I'd like to revisit the other Atelier games someday, but as far as I know, from Meruru onwards (order release, not chronological) the development items carry over too, right (Gathering Gloves, Coins and such) as long as they are equipped, right? In Totori they don't. I've made it my priority to craft those items with as high a level as possible, so that they would be ready for a NG+, when I'd be able to actually know what I'm doing - I think it's a good plan, but I don't really know; is it?

Edit: this is all about the Vita Plus versions.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

If you're really worried about it, then craft those items as a matter of priority ready to carry over. I mean, craft those items as a matter of priority anyway. But by and large, provided you're always doing something, and multitasking whenever possible, you will usually have a ton of time left over even after doing everything you can.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I wanted to be calm, but then I make my kingdom prosper and the this fucker chancellor comes by and gives me yet another order and if you fail, princess, so help me God I will make you forswear alchemy forever and I'm getting anxious. Can't those people do anything by themselves? Just leave all of the development decisions and fighting wild beasts for your daughter, what can go wrong?

I do like developing the kingdom, though - since I'm asking question anyway: is there a hard limit for points that makes choosing from various buildings actually important, or will I eventually be able to build them all, anyway? And what's best to focus on? Most of buildings seem usable, but so far I wanted to build XP boosters first, Alchemy boosters second and the Popularity boosters and various miscellaneous buildings if I have the points left over.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jun 30, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sakurazuka posted:

One of these days I'm actually going to finish an Atelier game.

do it. it really isn't much of a time or effort commitment, just keep moving forward.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I was close to the end of Rorona+ recently (or at least nearly into Overtime) then the game crashed waking up from sleep mode while I was deep in that big dungeon with lots of levels and hadn't saved it for an hour or two.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New trailer for Yoru no Ni Kuni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imAZYEf5bk4

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 30, 2015

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Szurumbur posted:

I do like developing the kingdom, though - since I'm asking question anyway: is there a hard limit for points that makes choosing from various buildings actually important, or will I eventually be able to build them all, anyway? And what's best to focus on? Most of buildings seem usable, but so far I wanted to build XP boosters first, Alchemy boosters second and the Popularity boosters and various miscellaneous buildings if I have the points left over.

There are precisely enough points to build everything by the end of the game, so you can safely build whatever you think sounds useful. Some of the miscellaneous buildings are good to have around, like giving passive income or adding more quest options, so make sure to pay attention to all the effects. I found that housing is the easiest category to skip, because it does nothing unique.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I just beat the final (?) story related boss of Ayesha saving Nio and that music was excellent. The moment afterwards was pretty nice and sweet, but then there's a boob joke, and then Ayesha's all "well have fun staying home, I have to get back to my work". Then when her closeted friend is being pressured by her parents to quit her job, go back home and start searching for a man, Ayesha's all "yup you should do what they say". I don't know which is more :japan:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

please sign my petition to destroy everyone who uses the :japan: emote

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Oblivion590 posted:

There are precisely enough points to build everything by the end of the game, so you can safely build whatever you think sounds useful. Some of the miscellaneous buildings are good to have around, like giving passive income or adding more quest options, so make sure to pay attention to all the effects. I found that housing is the easiest category to skip, because it does nothing unique.

That's reassuring, thanks!

Endorph posted:

You've used it yourself, but you have my vote.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

Signed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Szurumbur posted:

You've used it yourself, but you have my vote.
im willing to die for my cause

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Endorph posted:

im willing to die for my cause

you have my :japan:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Started up Shallie, ended up wishing I could see the voice-over recording process and all for Ayesha. Ayesha genuinely sounded like her character in English, Shallie sounds like she's from the school of reading, not acting the lines. Japanese voice-acting is definitely not without fault either, I myself wonder how some people get anywhere in that business.

So out of curiosity, how was the voice-acting in the Arland trilogy?

(And yes I hate being so picky about it. Xenoblade, Last Story, FF12, GTA games are the top in English voice-acting. GTA5 I failed to mention in voice-acting discussions online because I never thought about it, in GTA5 every character sounds so genuine and real that it became something I took for granted as a natural part of having a set of ears and listening to verbal communication. Thank gently caress for dual-language to mask it a tiny bit.)

e: Immediately nicer feeling of everything from Atelier Shallie. A solider framerate and music far more to my taste helps a lot. And the characters! So colourful so smiling and all. This is why I fell in love with everything in Ayesha.

e: Escha&Logy and on I do not understand "BARREL! :downs:" but I laugh my rear end off at it. SO2 character developer onboard?

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 3, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arland's voice acting is basically middling across the board.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

e: Escha&Logy and on I do not understand "BARREL! :downs:" but I laugh my rear end off at it. SO2 character developer onboard?

BARREL is a running joke in the Atelier series, since the first game I believe? The LE edition for Meruru even included a BARREL t-shirt. Sometimes they don't voice the line in the english track, but it's always voiced in JP.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I missed two endings in Ayesha, and I have a question. Is it possible to get the treasure hunter ending if I just rest for three years and only stop to enter the competitions? Will I still get that ending even if I don't rescue Nio?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

So I was thinking of picking one of these up at some point, should I get the vita or PS3 versions?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vita plus versions or if you want Rorona, Rorona plus PS3.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

They're digital only on Vita right? I only have a 4GB memory card.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Vita version often have frame rate problems but other than that they're the ones to go for, unless you really need to play them on a big TV.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah they're all digital only on Vita I believe.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

They're digital only on Vita right? I only have a 4GB memory card.

Digital only and the music DLC will make it too big for your card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Buy it on the Vita and then utilize a Playstation TV. :shrug:

• Locked thread