Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Jesus 300-1 underdog? Should have dropped 20 bucks on vinci

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
this lady is adorable

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Thank god. I'll never be happier to half-watch 2 bad 30 year olds fight it out for the championship.
Well, I'm looking forward to it. :colbert:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

bewbies posted:

this lady is adorable

Seriously. :3: It feels like she hasn't even processed what she did/accomplished.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Sad to see Simona go out so fast but that battle with Azarenka was incredible and I imagine mentally exhaustive.
Vinci was endearing in that post-match interview.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Bug Bill Murray posted:

Jesus 300-1 underdog? Should have dropped 20 bucks on vinci

Some quick Googling makes me believe it was more like 10-1 for this match, but 300-1 was probably about right going into the tournament. ESPN says a lot of things!

Edit: The same bookmaker that had Vinci at 10-1 offered bets on Williams at 1-25, so they pegged the actual odds...at somewhere in that range.

OrangeKing fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 11, 2015

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

OrangeKing posted:

Some quick Googling makes me believe it was more like 10-1 for this match, but 300-1 was probably about right going into the tournament. ESPN says a lot of things!

Edit: The same bookmaker that had Vinci at 10-1 offered bets on Williams at 1-25, so they pegged the actual odds...at somewhere in that range.

Yeah doubt any bookmakers would give actual odds above 50-1, still crazy.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

This Djoko-Cilic semifinal is crazy intense!!

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Someone shoot Cilic, he's done. Embarrassing after the interesting ladies matches.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I guess his mother is not traveling with him this year.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I thought joker would win but not like this.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

Too bad about that 1 in there, a triple bagel would've been cute.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
What a bizarre day of tennis.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

CILIC HAS BREAK POINT! :derp:

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
This looks like a first round match.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

1 hour and 25 minutes, 6-0 6-1 6-2, I wonder what it feels like to be Marin Cilic.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Buddy Holly posted:

The commentators are driving me crazy with their refusal to give Vince any credit at all. It's not just Serena imploding, you jerks. Vinci is playing well, I think!

People are running "Serena beat herself" stories still lol. I'm glad the dope fraud lost.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
Didn't expect both matches tonight to end so quickly, but oh well, Sunday should be good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Roger :3:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

It blows my mind that in 2012 I was rooting for Federer to win "one last slam" at Wimbledon and now, three loving years later, I'm going to root for another one last slam for him. How in the world. Hopefully the Cincinnati match gives him a boost in belief, that sometimes seems to be lacking when he plays Djokovic.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

OrangeKing posted:

Guardian reported the odds as 18/1. Nobody in the world is going to offer 300/1 odds on a two-person contest obviously.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So happy to see Italians in the final. What a great couple of days it has been for Italian sports.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Aw, Pennetta going out on a high note. Match was decent, just the atmosphere was really flat unfortunately.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I'm so loving pumped. Please please please win Feds :unsmith:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

C'mon wind, blow the rain clouds away :argh:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Build a roof FFS.

waffy
Oct 31, 2010
So, after the first rain shower, when they started drying the courts and showed the current radar, did none of them notice the much larger and more severe band heading straight for them? Am I the only one that did? :v:

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Rain just wanted to get in one last gently caress you to the men's finals. Thank god next year this shouldn't be an issue.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
:getin:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Federer needs to pull up his socks now. It's getting ugly.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

First three games pretty much setting the tone, I guess.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Well Federer has come out flat as gently caress. Djokovic is crushing already and it's not looking good.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Finally playing the drat match. I'm pulling for Nole.

Edit: oh poo poo he fell. Blood on the court! More blood for the blood god.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

That looks loving painful.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Yea that was one of the worst falls I've seen in a while.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Wow, saw a glimpse of that fall while grabbing a drink and thought he had been shot. Was the court not as dry as they thought? Lucky break for Federer, since Fed looked a little weak off the starting gate.

From the slow-mo replay looks like Djokovic also came down bad on his ankle.

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 14, 2015

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

Federer might stand a chance now against a bleeding and hurting Djokovic.

Edit: Or not!

Buddy Holly fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 14, 2015

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Here we go again with roger playing a flawless tournament until he meets Novak

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Djokovic's skin and Roger's serve are broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

nachos posted:

Here we go again with roger playing a flawless tournament until he meets Novak

Yeah, this really is the same old script again so far.

• Locked thread