Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

bhlaab posted:

guts laws protecting individuals against frivolous lawsuits
massive deregulation of the real estate market
tax cuts for people within his income bracket
other than that he leaves it up to his crooked advisers, who probably end up getting him impeached

So up until here, identical to a Hillary presidency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Bloody Queef posted:

So up until here, identical to a Hillary presidency?

No, not really? She'd just be 4-8 more years of Obama's milquetoast centrism.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

why is Talk Talk "It's my Life" featured in this video?

Not that I object, because it's an awesome song.

Appropriate that Sting's "After The Rain" is in there, too.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

bhlaab posted:

why would the guy who has to deal with a ton of frivolous lawsuits want to gut laws against them

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Will a Trump presidency force the Democratic Party to do some critical introspection?

No probably not lmao

I firmly believe that if Trump were running as a democrat, he would be doing just as well. There are enough low information piss ants on both sides of the isle. And Drumpf loves him the uneducated voters. They feel the best words are good. He tells it like it is and is honest. lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The Saurus posted:

why would the guy who has to deal with a ton of frivolous lawsuits want to gut laws against them

not sure but since he's explicitly stated multiple times that it's something he wants to do there must be some reason

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

bhlaab posted:

massive deregulation of the real estate market
tax cuts for people within his income bracket
other than that he leaves it up to his crooked advisers, who probably end up getting him impeached
white house gets a new bedroom for first lady's 20yo sidedick
huge % of pentagon staff resigns immediately
no real effort to be re-elected in 2020 if he's even still in office at that point
mexico wall never happens, but he is adamant that it did and for some reason people believe him

At least this one would be a good thing.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

not sure but since he's explicitly stated multiple times that it's something he wants to do there must be some reason

huh, kooky.

good thing lawsuits and their frivolity are not even on the radar for 99% of voters.

maybe it's to help provide jobs for all those law students. I know a paralegal who works at walmart.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
stack the courts with sovereign citizen diehards as judges

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmYIo7bcUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnfwBeVFlbU

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

The Saurus posted:

i know its nutty

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

there's some dumb treaties we signed agreeing not to do that. pffft, fuckin' environmentalist weenies, am i right?? :rolleyes:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Rob Ford

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Trump is amoral, greedy and grandiose. He'd probably have a decent run of it.

He'll propose a bunch of crazy poo poo that has basically no chance of ever passing congress.

This will be amazing for Trump. Free-press and Trump gets to position himself as the God Emperor of true conservatism.

It will also be amazing for democrats. We'll get to see Elizabeth Warren grandstanding against someone really vile. Democrats will regain the idealism they had in the pre-Obama days, when the mainstream party thought that torture was illegal and that NSA wiretapping was an outrage.

Mitch McConnell is going to get absolutely hosed. If he blocks Trump's batshit plans, he's a weak RINO. If he goes along with them, then he'll have to own the consequences of the inevitable failures. And he's up for re-election in 2020, right at the end of Trump's term.

falcon2424 has issued a correction as of 07:07 on Mar 23, 2016

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

He'll make grandiose promises, let Congress draft up bills and then rubber stamp them without half a glance. He wants to be a figurehead; not actually do the work of being a President.

His Secret Service code name will be "Golden Golem."

Melania will be code named "Mail Order 1."

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Kilo147 posted:

I dunno, I like this better.

I've tried searching for this, where is it from?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Yadoppsi posted:

I've tried searching for this, where is it from?

Terminator 3, about at the end. It's a goddamn beautiful sequence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqITGz-b11s

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

falcon2424 posted:

Trump is amoral, greedy and grandiose. He'd probably have a decent run of it.

He'll propose a bunch of crazy poo poo that has basically no chance of ever passing congress.

This will be amazing for Trump. Free-press and Trump gets to position himself as the God Emperor of true conservatism.

It will also be amazing for democrats. We'll get to see Elizabeth Warren grandstanding against someone really vile. Democrats will regain the idealism they had in the pre-Obama days, when the mainstream party thought that torture was illegal and that NSA wiretapping was an outrage.

Mitch McConnell is going to get absolutely hosed. If he blocks Trump's batshit plans, he's a weak RINO. If he goes along with them, then he'll have to own the consequences of the inevitable failures. And he's up for re-election in 2020, right at the end of Trump's term.

Better than my answer.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

All laws will be signed with one of these

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I am going to vote for Donald trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy