Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bro Dad posted:

reminder that american rednecks invented the most hardcore fighting sport known to man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gouging_(fighting_style)

quote:

many mischievous and ill disposed persons have of late, in a malicious and barbarous manner, maimed, wounded, and defaced, many of his majesty's subjects

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ElGroucho posted:

When you tell bae about the crick in your neck

That feel when bae internally snaps your neck, paralyzing you from the waist down. :3:

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I had a friend in high school who was a nice enough dude in general but he was home schooled 'til 10th grade and was really into anime and would go on these weird long tangents about how ninjas could totally kick the poo poo out of soldiers with guns and poo poo because ninja powers can slice bullets in mid air if they're even detected and there was something about Saddam for some reason (this was before we owned his rear end) but Moridin what's your stance on arms proliferation in central and south America?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jesus Christ posted:

I had a friend in high school who was a nice enough dude in general but he was home schooled 'til 10th grade

That's borderline child abuse. Why not spend his life landlocked then teach him to swim by throwing him off a boat into the ocean?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
would.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

That's borderline child abuse. Why not spend his life landlocked then teach him to swim by throwing him off a boat into the ocean?

homeschooling isn't a bad idea if you know what you're doing and they have certain places where your kid can meet up with other homeschooled kids and they can socialize from there

unfortunately way too many people only homeschool their kids because they're religious nutjobs who think the american education system is ran by satanic communists

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Another mod who got knocked out instantly

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I slept with a home schooled girl once. It was nothing special. Was hoping for a bunch of crazy.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

Those are usually my favorite fights.

Some stick out in my mind and were fun to watch, like a sumo getting his teeth knocked out by a savateur at UFC 1, but I prefer boxing/mma where randos aren't just thrown to the lions. Technique is fun to see too!

Bro Dad posted:

reminder that american rednecks invented the most hardcore fighting sport known to man:

A lot of old "past times" could get downright nasty. Just going with stuff that was popular in the British Isles there were things like "backswording,"stick fighting, types of wrestling, pugilism, old forms of soccer and more. poo poo could go off the rails pretty fast, even if done in a sportive context (although "backswording" in the 18th century was usually done with sticks - trainers for actual backswords) And a lot of them actually persisted, in various forms, into the Victorian era or early 20th century.

Some good period descriptions on that page by the way.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

thanks

Bro Dad posted:

thank you

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ElGroucho posted:

Just a reminder, people thought Ronda Rousey could beat up Floyd loving mayweather in a pure boxing match as well ROFL

drat look at that hand control, lol

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Ronda Rousey was broken mentally by Holly Holm's kick. She is never coming back. What you all need to do is jump on the Joanna Jedrzejczyk train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTGRbFVPvF8

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

a retard posted:

homeschooling isn't a bad idea if you know what you're doing and they have certain places where your kid can meet up with other homeschooled kids and they can socialize from there

unfortunately way too many people only homeschool their kids because they're religious nutjobs who think the american education system is ran by satanic communists
Were you homeschooled?

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

a retard posted:

homeschooling isn't a bad idea

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

a retard posted:

homeschooling isn't a bad idea if you know what you're doing and they have certain places where your kid can meet up with other homeschooled kids and they can socialize them

- a retard

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bro Dad posted:

she's literally insane and has pissed off nearly everyone who has come into contact with her

up there with floyd mayweather for being an detestable human being

she's an anime fan

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a retard posted:

homeschooling isn't a bad idea if you know what you're doing

i feel like this is a very large 'if'

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus Christ posted:

I had a friend in high school who was a nice enough dude in general but he was home schooled 'til 10th grade and was really into anime and would go on these weird long tangents about how ninjas could totally kick the poo poo out of soldiers with guns and poo poo because ninja powers can slice bullets in mid air if they're even detected and there was something about Saddam for some reason (this was before we owned his rear end) but Moridin what's your stance on arms proliferation in central and south America?

im from buenos aires and i say kill em all

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Trast posted:

Ronda Rousey was broken mentally by Holly Holm's kick. She is never coming back. What you all need to do is jump on the Joanna Jedrzejczyk train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTGRbFVPvF8

This is true, Joanna Champion is >>> Ronda Rousey

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Yeah that chick is bad but I like blondes and for getting punched in the eye for a living Rhonda sure looks good. I'd even gently caress mentally traumatized fat Rhonda.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

i feel like this is a very large 'if'

yeah pretty much the only people in america who take the effort to homeschool are either insane hippies or insane bible thumpers

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Cuckoo posted:

My favorite part is at about 2:15 in the video where she just shoves her opponent against the cage and just lands a savage elbow when she bounces off.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ronda Rousey inspired this soccer mom to try mma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwz5H43ND5I&hd=1

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

I think she did like 3 fights too. all ending as you would expect.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

a retard posted:

homeschooling is a bad idea

gingrich
May 26, 2007

i'm the osiris of this shit

ahh rin nakai. how's she been doing since she washed out of the UFC?

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

beep by grandpa posted:

conor lost and took it like a man, holly lost and took it with grace and class, ronda loss and cried and disappeared off into the woods screaming woe is me, woe is my life superstar life after talking loads and loads of poo poo. can't say I feel any sympathy for her.

Also her entire career was basically the plot of Rocky III. Good fighter but all her matches were with palookas to build her brand.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

gingrich posted:

ahh rin nakai. how's she been doing since she washed out of the UFC?
Let's just pretend that didn't happen.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

somebody needs to check that broad for a penis

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Cuckoo posted:

Joanna is amazing. Funny, cute and nice outside the ring and on social media, and an ice cold killer in the ring. She is to striking what Ronda was to grappling before she was destroyed. Someone on the forums called her a "human woodchipper", and that is a good description of her fighting style. Every time you go into an exchange with her, you will come out worse than she does.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Say Nothing posted:

How in the gently caress was this even allowed to take place?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

el B posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3M_wGfYewo

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

el B posted:

she's a consenting adult and this is a free country :911:

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why would that fighter agree to it? What accomplishment would she feel in battering that untrained woman?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

EoinCannon posted:

Why would that fighter agree to it? What accomplishment would she feel in battering that untrained woman?

She ended it fast. I don't know what more you could want from her.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EoinCannon posted:

Maybe she had come off a tough loss n needed a tune up fight

Yah that mom got destroyed but she took 3 solid rights before getting knocked down (and of course the brutal right she ate while on her knees). Not too shabby imo

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Blood sports are stupid

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

EoinCannon posted:

Don't be mean to Lowtax

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Danger Mahoney posted:

Also her entire career was basically the plot of Rocky III. Good fighter but all her matches were with palookas to build her brand.

What

She beat everyone except the girl who beat her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

What

She beat everyone except the girl who beat her

Looks like she started fighting again this year?

• Locked thread