Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best Mike Judge project?
Beavis and Butt-Head
King of the Hill
Office Space
Idiocracy
View Results

• Locked thread
EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

laserghost posted:

Explain to non-American what kind of person Boomhauer is supposed to be because I don't get him at all

:synpa:

a texas ranger obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

laserghost posted:

Explain to non-American what kind of person Boomhauer is supposed to be because I don't get him at all

the best kind

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

laserghost posted:

keep in mind that he gets laid, like, all the time

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

laserghost posted:

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
He's a great way to pad an episode with zero actual content

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

laserghost posted:

Cajun (think a frenchman but in the american south but also swampland)

He's based on an actual accent

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Neurolimal posted:

Cajun (think a frenchman but in the american south but also swampland)

He's based on an actual accent

specifically judge listened to a voicemail by some guy who called mtv to bitch about beavis and butthead and he based boomhauer off of that iirc

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
dang ol porky's butthole man

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bill is Cajun, not boomhauer

that isn't a Cajun accent

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
boomhauer's always kinda seemed pretty East Texas / Lake Charles, LA to me. Dang ol' Nacogdoches. it works.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Boomhauer is a swamp person, who are often mistaken for cajuns because their family has lived in the swamp and it sounds like they don't speak English. The key difference is that they are actually speaking English.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
On the outside hes a cool confident suave ladies man who will always stay young. On the inside hes sad, alone, pathetic, out of touch, and sometimes kinda creepy.

Everyone has that uncle neighbor growing up tbat you wanna be like and think is super rad but as you grow up you see his faults and end up kinda feeling sorry for him. Thats boomhaur. Hes like that "alright alright alright" guy from dazed and confused, only grown up.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

zedprime posted:

Boomhauer is a swamp person, who are often mistaken for cajuns because their family has lived in the swamp and it sounds like they don't speak English. The key difference is that they are actually speaking English.

quote:

Boomhauer's speech is satirical of "rednecks" using phrases such as "dang ol'", "dad gum" and "yeah, man talkin' 'bout" and has the cadence and style of a Cajun accent.

per mike judge

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Rap Music and Dope posted:

On the outside hes a cool confident suave ladies man who will always stay young. On the inside hes sad, alone, pathetic, out of touch, and sometimes kinda creepy.

Everyone has that uncle neighbor growing up tbat you wanna be like and think is super rad but as you grow up you see his faults and end up kinda feeling sorry for him. Thats boomhaur. Hes like that "alright alright alright" guy from dazed and confused, only grown up.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
You mean tell me people out there don't dang ol' know best project man, you know that ol' Hank what with the heh i tell you hwat and dang ol' dale doing the shahshasha man? Comedy gold

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Rap Music and Dope posted:

that guys name was jimmy and he overdosed

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot
I liked Idiocracy, but it was less of a comedy and more of a documentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
i still think maya rudolph is hot

• Locked thread