Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
FYI all, the alphabet-soup event ends on the 11th, so I would get onlnie and grab all the rewards you can and then sell all your letters - I had over 4,000 letters in my inventory even after turning in just absolute truckloads of them, and at 10 adena per letter that actuallly adds up pretty quickly to a noticeable sum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I still cant get the 1 or A ones so I can do the first 2. Killed about 10 world bosses now and never got a single drop from them because there are 1,000,000 people there though I see numbers from getting hits.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
Remember to sell your letters. I sold close to 12,000 today for 120,000 Adena having already sold about 9k a couple of days earlier. poo poo makes a difference.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
Has anyone seen anything higher than an A from an exclusive equipment box (equipment dungeon)? I currently have about 80 of them unopened and I'm unsure of whether to save them until I need to desperately level gear or game it for an SR or something.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Trastion posted:

I still cant get the 1 or A ones so I can do the first 2. Killed about 10 world bosses now and never got a single drop from them because there are 1,000,000 people there though I see numbers from getting hits.
If you're solo it's pretty much a waste of time I think. You need to have some decent amount of contribution I believe, which pretty much requires a three to five person party.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
Are there enough people still playing this to do any of the harder clan raids? Also coyo7e can you distribute clan rewards please?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I think 6 people logged on yesterday according to the clan reward thingy.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
I keep getting these relic items from the new update. Does one of the higher ranking members of the clan have to purchase the guild hall so we can utilize these items? When I click on the guild hall option, it does not allow me to purchase it for the clan.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I am probably done with this, kinda lost interest and now I am checking out Crusaders of Light which so far I am liking better.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
Does anyone have a link to the updated apk? I can't play till it updates and the official game isn't available for me.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

Trampus posted:

Does anyone have a link to the updated apk? I can't play till it updates and the official game isn't available for me.

The link in the OP got updated from their end with the latest version. Upload it into BlueStacks like you did with the previous apk and you should be all set.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

You can remove me (tomrrrrr) got bored

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
Hey Stacker, you're leader now, can you transfer leadership over to me? There's maybe 4-6 people still logging in regularly so I'll keep the clan running in case more people pick up this game again.

For anyone that's stopped playing recently, the game's been updated. Level cap increased to 180, Fortress Siege added, expanded clan functions, additional regions and mobs, Elders and Rangers were buffed, new Title system to boost stats more.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
Just did my first Fortress Siege and have a few thoughts.

Towers are ruthless. 8k damage per second.
Time available is a little short.
There's no need for the losing team to do anything but turtle and the AoE damage a 10 stack of people can do is crazy.
Imprinting is a great addition
Nothing is more satisfying than winning in the last minute.
Healers again get completely hosed.
Bow Rogues are king. Being able to not get Insta-gibbed is massive.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Honey Im Homme posted:

You can remove me (tomrrrrr) got bored

Same - PlumpyNavel. Just didn't seem worth the daily effort.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
Another patch yesterday. We now have Ant Queen (Hard) who drops a new monster core for P. def and M. Def. if you've experienced Ant Queen already, you'll have a rough idea of what to expect however those who haven't. Imagine a boss which spawns 50 mobs at once, each has 200-300k health and some of them explode with a medium sized radius. This is Ant Queen (Hard).

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
For the active people still in Tricksters, is there a set time you guys are doing the clan dungeon? I get the treasure notification, but would like to join in if possible.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Can this actually run on a tablet? I have a shield tablet and I get to the part where it says "100% updated" and it just hangs. I don't mind running it on bluestacks, but I'd much rather get it working on my tablet.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
I was running it on an iPad mini generation 4. It ran pretty smoothly but crashed every hour or so. With my new 5th gen iPad it runs at best quality with zero issues.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
There is currently a login event offering an R grade weapon choice on day 1. Get to it.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Reminder that there's a pre-registration option for day 1 rewards. I have no idea if this game is going to be good or not, but if you plan to try it, you should probably claim these freebies.

http://l2.netmarble.com/en#event/prereg

Rigel fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 12, 2017

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

If i hit the pre-register button on the play store where the install button will be after release, am I gonna get these rewards too?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
looks like this is coming out nov15th to the states. What server are you all registering on?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Made a character ZottSA on Giran01. Any goon guilds still around or has everybody quit?

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers
I've made a character on Giran01, though so far i'm just watching the game play itself.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I'm looking to pick up this game, and since I generally stay away from DPS roles, I'm looking at either a Human Paladin or Elf Elder, as those seem like the most useful tank/support roles available. It seems like the Elf Elder is perhaps more useful, but I'm worried that a Healer will be a slog working through the PvE content in the game, and level slowly. I know I'll be slower than the DPS classes, but I'd still like to be faster than molasses. Which of these two classes (or other Tank/Healer option that I may have missed) would you recommend to a new player?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
New player who isn't super-experienced with this sort of game. I did some forging to upgrade the class B equipment I got as pre-registration bonus, and then I learned there are 4 tiers above it.

At what point do I start investing in upgrading equipment, so that I don't waste my resources?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ditch posted:

New player who isn't super-experienced with this sort of game. I did some forging to upgrade the class B equipment I got as pre-registration bonus, and then I learned there are 4 tiers above it.

At what point do I start investing in upgrading equipment, so that I don't waste my resources?

The lowest I'll upgrade is S. If you need to upgrade lower equipment until you clear needed content do just enough to clear the content though I have never needed to do this but read it in a guide.

I'm in the Banhammer guild as MollyRingwald.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Is there any penalty for hopping into a random pubbie clan until a spot in a goon clan frees up?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I downloaded the game and got my pre-registration rewards, and fired it up. After a while I sat there mesmerized for a good 20 minutes or so watching the game play itself. Every once in a while I have to click a button saying "yeah, do the next quest", and off he'd rush to wolves or bears or whatever, killing things, finding the boss, killing that, going back to the quest giver. It was kinda like a fancy version of progress quest.

Yeah.... I don't think I'm gonna play this, but its not because of the auto-quest thing because you can always take over, and I assume at some point the game gets too hard for auto mode to work. But still, even though it looks great as far as cell phone MMORPG games go, I think trying to do a MMORPG on a cell phone is a mistake. (I don't mean turn-based or card games, but real-time open world mmorpg's). The cell phone is just too limited of a platform, I need a keyboard, a good chat interface, lots of hotkeys, a large monitor, etc to really get into a mmorpg.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

What’s the Goon clan for Gian 1? I can’t seem to find Shrine or Banhammer.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

The man called M posted:

What’s the Goon clan for Gian 1? I can’t seem to find Shrine or Banhammer.

If you find one let me know. I ended up just joining a random pubbie Clan for now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

There is none.

Edit: Should clarify. The OP is for the Korean version we were playing before the NA version was released last week.

Goon guild is on the server that starts with a "C". The third one.

jabro fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 19, 2017

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

jabro posted:

There is none.

Edit: Should clarify. The OP is for the Korean version we were playing before the NA version was released last week.

Goon guild is on the server that starts with a "C". The third one.

Argh. I just rerolled a couple days ago from Aden to Giran because I thought that's where we were setting up. Not sure I can be bothered doing it a third time.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

*Looks at the North American Servers*

Wait, none of them start with C!

(They're called, Aden, Giran, and Windawood, by the way)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The man called M posted:

*Looks at the North American Servers*

Wait, none of them start with C!

(They're called, Aden, Giran, and Windawood, by the way)

Sorry, the second NA cluster.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
I probably should have checked the thread first, spent 2 hours on Aden, then saw the last few posts...oops.

In as PleaseBeCareful if someone can toss me a clan invite once I get to that point!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Debating whether or not to go down this rabbit hole...

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Note that if you want to play on the shiny new NA side you need a different APK if you're gonna use an emulator. I made the mistake of using the link in the OP and was awfully confused why I wasn't seeing my character when I logged in on my phone despite having my account linked.

New APK link: https://apkpure.com/lineage-2-revolution/com.netmarble.lin2ws

If there's no goon clan yet, I'd be happy to create it.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I'm on Gian 1 as inkel. I ended up joining a decent pub clan since I couldn't find any goon ones. I'd be more than happy to switch over though if we had a group of us playing.

• Locked thread