Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, so that's how the tracking dart works. I suppose that's... at least a little useful? Doesn't say much about lines of sight on the compass rose, but you take what you're given I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Akogare Zephyr posted:

I spy with my little eye a great LP!

I'm late to the party, but I'm happy to catch this before it's ended. I love both NOLF games and enjoyed the last LP so I'm pleased to come back to check on the forums to see this gem is happening<3

All that said I have some quick silly doodles because that's just what I do.

Cate got buff between games. I'm all for her just lifting and tossing lil buggers around.

Sure they go and retrieve Cate Archer, but do they grab Yamata, too? NooOOOooo. Poor guy had to get back to base all by himself.

With all the lipstick (among other things) Cate finds all over the place it's a shame there's no conversation about it. Lipstick is pretty good at helping chapped lips and all, which would totally be a problem in the cold.

I mean, sure she might be able to smell it, but it's cold and her nose is most likely compromised so tasting it would be the next best option. Cate's nothing but thorough about her findings.

All the civilians are just labelled friend in India and just <3<3<3

:swoon:

Oh man oh man I love this entire post. This is my favorite post. Glad you're enjoying the LP so far!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Time to relax and take in a nice movie.

Double Cross
Scene 3/Polsy

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I can't hear the movie when someone is exploding things and shooting guns, jerk. :argh:

This is a pleasant level. But I have no idea how you're supposed to hit the guards with the sandbags.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
drat, that is one sparse movie theater floor. Were they converting this over to a kind of dinner theater establishment?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Glazius posted:

drat, that is one sparse movie theater floor. Were they converting this over to a kind of dinner theater establishment?

They need the floor space for the spontaneous dancing that always happen during Bollywood showings.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
And also to house the mechanics for the elaborate hidden entrance to the secret movie vault Scruffy didn't show off.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Atomikus posted:

And also to house the mechanics for the elaborate hidden entrance to the secret movie vault Scruffy didn't show off.

I had no idea this was here. My shame continues.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
India is full of poo poo I've missed, drat.

Double Cross
Bonus 2!/Polsy

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I never found that secret either. Thx!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
It's nice how in this game that reading files moves you to the next one in the series, rather than having each one fixed in location. That way, regardless of the order, as long as you find them all, you get the whole thing in the right order.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, that's neat!

So, like, what does Evil Alliance actually do? Seems like most pursuits would be detrimental to movie-making.

macdjord
Oct 26, 2013
Forget smoking indoors - that idiot was smoking in a room full of old-style projector film. That stuff was made out of nitrocellulose - also known as guncotton.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
We're hired for our internship at H.A.R.M.!

The Art of Murder
Scene 1/Polsy

Glazius posted:

Oh, that's neat!

So, like, what does Evil Alliance actually do? Seems like most pursuits would be detrimental to movie-making.

Steal ice cream, apparently!

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

That was a horrible mail to just leave in the open.
I see that not only Dr. Evil suffers from wildlife supply complications. And usage of the... memo of bunnies as a bait for bunnytrap was brilliant.
Also, cinema not exploded???

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

NHO posted:

Pretty sure Cate just put it on a really long timer.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I don't remember having problems with killing civvies here. I definitely remember failing for hitting Armstrong in the upcoming areas though for much the same reasons!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So can guards catch you planting those bugs, or do they just not care enough to check in?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Man I can't wait for the next episode. :allears:

Maybe the HARM guys are only shooting at Cate because the order is to kill her and they don't know Armstrong is involved.

NHO posted:

The bombs went off inside and they're really not powerful enough to level the place. Which Cate wouldn't do anyway since that would endanger the people outside the building. Remember how small the blasts were in previous situations? It's just to wreck and sabotage the interior to send a message.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
If you don't find something funny in this video, I can't help you.

The Art of Murder
Scene 2/Polsy

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:allears:

Nothing else to say.

Poil fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 12, 2017

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
I would appreciate this section a lot more if I wasn't constantly bothered by the fact that the tommies in this game apparently fire from a closed bolt, and I can't unsee it.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
This is the other boss fight I was talking about. Pursuing a Mime King through the streets of Calcutta in a unicycle vs. tricycle chase. Too funny to see in a normal spy action sequence.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Poil posted:

Nothing else to say.

Agreed :allears: Such a pity this didn't really take off as a franchise.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Poil posted:

Nothing else to say.

Hard to beat that.

I also love the mime's line of "Ze pain, it is excruciating!"

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
This is the only time I've failed a video game level from laughing too hard.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Some pretty impressive philosophies on display. Pantomime is deeper than I thought.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Ah, pink carnations. Imagine if we found a mime instead of Kamil!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Are you ready for a little spookiness?

Ice Station Evil
Scene 1/Polsy

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

That level starts very boring.

Well, less so when previous game you played was The Thing (videogame)...

Edit: Kopat looks like somewhat failed transliteration of "Копать", literally, to dig. So Zhukov dug his own grave, eh? Nothing like bilingual puns.

NHO fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 14, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The start is to set the mood of empty and desolate place with mysterious horror.

That mission was really scary way back when I first played it. Also that laser beam REALLY hurts.

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 14, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
This is a great level. The supense it builds is top-notch. It's got a great atmosphere. You know something bad will happen, and you're just waiting for the shoe to drop. Then you get the objective "Escape Alive."

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Armstrong had better come back in a later scene, riding on the shoulders of the Lieutenant. :colbert:

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
God, I love Cate and Magnus's bickering. That "I've kicked your arse before" line had me laughing my rear end off.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Something I noticed a couple videos back - one of the Indian goons carried a "statue of Durga, goddess of happy marriages." She's... really not, although given the family life of the typical HARM goon they would probably think so.

Also Pierre is fantastic and this game will forever hold a place in my heart for letting you shoot mimes.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

anilEhilated posted:

Something I noticed a couple videos back - one of the Indian goons carried a "statue of Durga, goddess of happy marriages." She's... really not, although given the family life of the typical HARM goon they would probably think so.

Also Pierre is fantastic and this game will forever hold a place in my heart for letting you shoot mimes.

I appreciate that he is not simply an assassin who is a mime, nor a criminal with mime theming.

Non, he is Pierre, MIME KING.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Yeah, this mission is terrifying on a first playthrough. After a rather mediocre start, India and this level are where the game really starts to get into its stride.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I appreciate everything this stage did to have you jump at shadows. And then, the boom.

Are they going to try and... like, sink the base or something? Did they build it on an ice shelf or is there actual continent underneath it? I mean, the responsible thing to do is be able to destroy an experimental facility with a minimum of effort, but since when has anyone ever mad scienced responsibly?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There's most likely proper land underneath it. The game mentions how it's a two hour flight south of... something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Having not played this game, I'm going to guess one of our future objectives is getting Abby to come talk her dad down from a murderous rampage.

• Locked thread