Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff posted:

FO4 is a fun action game with boring generic writing that's not worth paying attention to, it's like the inverse of new vegas. FO4 mechanics with obsidian or a good RPG dev behind it would be godlike but theyre gonna unveil a new mobile game or their own fortnite or whatever

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1001495817184661504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

FO4 is a fun action game with boring generic writing that's not worth paying attention to, it's like the inverse of new vegas. FO4 mechanics with obsidian or a good RPG dev behind it would be godlike but theyre gonna unveil a new mobile game or their own fortnite or whatever

thats a pretty low bar for being fun, i think

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

thats a pretty low bar for being fun, i think

if it was just the shooting it'd be completely forgettable, but exploring and dungeon crawling is still a good time elevated by the good feeling shooty. shame i dont care about the world or its characters lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

in a way i hope bethesda never gives up on their insane sisyphean task of polishing and rereleasing morrowind for all eternity, but honestly it would be cooler if they made good games instead

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

if it was just the shooting it'd be completely forgettable, but exploring and dungeon crawling is still a good time elevated by the good feeling shooty. shame i dont care about the world or its characters lol
It doesn't have good shooting. What it has is really good gun sound effects, which make the guns feel like they have greater impact. More games need to think about how their weapons sound.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

just saw on insta that bethesda’s farting a ton! definitely huge turd coming soon, rumors are a remaster

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

just saw on insta that bethesda’s farting a ton! definitely huge turd coming soon, rumors are a remaster

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i havent played 4 but 3 was the wallpaper paste of gaming and 4 looks like the same but with better guns. theres no fuckin joy in playing them

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

i havent played 4 but 3 was the wallpaper paste of gaming and 4 looks like the same but with better guns. theres no fuckin joy in playing them

actually, if you check the sales figures, they're extremely good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

a battle royale game in gamebryo

:worship::henget::bernget::science::dota101::black101:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

HORMELCHILI posted:

You really think you know better than bethesda lmfao. You dont moron. They are the billion dollar game devs and you are a scrub who beats less than 70 percent of the games you own

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
having flashbacks of playing fallout 3, to completion, on ps3

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Milkman posted:

having flashbacks of playing fallout 3, to completion, on ps3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQ8N1KacJc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

can't wait to see the new Todd Howard game at E3

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

loving bob sucking bethesda dick for 3 pages hoipe

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The shooting is pretty decent actually, they took the slowmo gunkata matrix effect from Max Payne 20 years earlier, made it worse and plugged it into a lovely game. 9/10.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

loving bob sucking bethesda dick for 3 pages hoipe

E3 will present plenty of opportunities to flame Bob and that’s only one of a thousand reasons to be excited

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

net cafe scandal posted:

E3 will present plenty of opportunities to flame Bob and that’s only one of a thousand reasons to be excited

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

:rolleyes:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bulletstorm 4k with John Wick added? And I'm supposed to believe I'm the only one excited about this?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

net cafe scandal posted:

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

E3 Presenter: And now...our orchestra will perform: The Overwatch Theme
*everyone turns to me wearing a big smirk just daring me to react*

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The shooting is pretty decent actually, they took the slowmo gunkata matrix effect from Max Payne 20 years earlier, made it worse and plugged it into a lovely game. 9/10.

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

extremebuff posted:

E3 Presenter: And now...our orchestra will perform: The Overwatch Theme
*everyone turns to me wearing a big smirk just daring me to react*

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's looking more and more like the Splatoon 2 expansion is gonna come out during E3 which would be sick!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/997491121994387462

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

:(

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

that's great, thank you

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005