Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Paramemetic posted:

Join GoonWaffe if you want to be part of the space Brahmin caste

Om mani padme hum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Paramemetic posted:

Join KarmaFleet if you want to participate, play the game, be part of the largest corp in the alliance, etc

Join GoonWaffe if you want to be part of the space Brahmin caste, be special purely by virtue of your tenbux heritage, not have any requirements to participate or log in at all, and serve a largely vestigial and yet essential role of providing cultural identity and meaning

Also handy for entosis fleets.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

yogizh posted:

That was a long time since you have played then. Now we have fluffy pillows and safe space buttons.

I mean I guess January 2018 was a while ago, sure

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Ad by Khad posted:

I mean I guess January 2018 was a while ago, sure

I'm sure if you ask the right people, they'll make you a safe space on jabber

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Don't get me wrong, some people are assholes and go way over the line, but there's definitely a bunch of over-sensitive people in this coalition and not every interaction can be moderated.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

can it be free of unironic N-bombs?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Are you sure you're not Alp Khan?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

also it wasn't really jabber that had the problem, at least there I could chill with queerswarm and they were cool as absolute gently caress

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

CainFortea posted:

Are you sure you're not Alp Khan?

I am not sure either.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Ad by Khad posted:

can it be free of unironic N-bombs?

I hope it can, but it probably never will. Not unless people actually start reporting that poo poo. And people can't relent. Goons & pubbies alike are like kids. You have to repeat yourself non-stop. Every time you hear the n word, you press that report button.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Dalael posted:

I hope it can, but it probably never will. Not unless people actually start reporting that poo poo. And people can't relent. Goons & pubbies alike are like kids. You have to repeat yourself non-stop. Every time you hear the n word, you press that report button.

Yeah I tried that and nearly got purged for being too annoying about it. When you press the report button a lot (because there is a lot to report!) in a dictatorship, people eventually get tired of you. It got to the point where some of the mumble cops knew me by name.

It also got to the point where I'd press record every time the conversation got bad, and when I realized I was recording more often than not recording I decided eve is loving terrible and went somewhere else

It's been like 6 months so I guess it's possible theta has changed, but considering how intensely they were back-patting themselves over the cultural revolution even back when I was active, I doubt it. Theta is the only mumble channel I've ever been on that made me physically, actually, sick-to-my-stomach ill, when a vietnam veteran took two hours to tell stories about and justify himself for murdering children irl. He even had a song about it, one line of which is stuck in my head and I will probably never forget until I die.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Ad by Khad posted:

Theta is the only mumble channel I've ever been on that made me physically, actually, sick-to-my-stomach ill, when a vietnam veteran took two hours to tell stories about and justify himself for murdering children irl. He even had a song about it, one line of which is stuck in my head and I will probably never forget until I die.
If you stuck around for two hours to listen to that then I'd suggest you reflect on the wisdom of your own choices. It's not like you were forced to stay there. Either move to another channel or tell them to stfu. It's not hard.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Don't sit in Theta ? Ever thought about that ? You need Theta to save your rear end from hostile hotdrops and that is about it.
I am actually amazed that people are willingly joining Minicum to chase bad words on the internet. There is so much to do in Goonswarm with cool people without getting in contact with
various pieces of human poo poo. Censorship only hides the true nature of these "people" and then I am not able to roast them publicly.

Public meltdowns are the best way to kick idiots. Spamming directors and mods with every stupid poo poo that triggers your millenial soul is dumb, they are not employees at Facebook or other non-free pseudosocial networks. Trust me Goonswarm is one of the most caring groups in Eve considering "PC culture".

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why did he think killing kids was fine? Communism?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Because it was war. That was his reason

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
lol if you sit in mumble channels listening to random internet idiots

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Ad by Khad posted:

Because it was war. That was his reason

Now when I think about it, might have told that guy to gently caress off and die. Haven't heard people rumbling about commiting war crimes for some time, I don't do US TZ that much.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
Looking to get into this again. Haven't played in about 6 years, and I didn't do much other than some scamming and a few ops here and there. I must have set a long skill queue before I quit playing last time, because I have all these skills at V and I know drat well I didn't sit around waiting for that poo poo back in the day. I came back to this character with 10M SP and the game won't let me train any more since I'm past the alpha limit. It looks like I have around 500m isk, a 500 plex in Jita, and a bunch of ships up to a battlecruiser and crap still in Deklein. Is it worth trying to move any of that stuff?

I barely remember how to play this game, so I suppose I should make another character and run through the tutorials while I wait on the auth email.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Praxis Prion posted:

Looking to get into this again. Haven't played in about 6 years, and I didn't do much other than some scamming and a few ops here and there. I must have set a long skill queue before I quit playing last time, because I have all these skills at V and I know drat well I didn't sit around waiting for that poo poo back in the day. I came back to this character with 10M SP and the game won't let me train any more since I'm past the alpha limit. It looks like I have around 500m isk, a 500 plex in Jita, and a bunch of ships up to a battlecruiser and crap still in Deklein. Is it worth trying to move any of that stuff?

I barely remember how to play this game, so I suppose I should make another character and run through the tutorials while I wait on the auth email.

We had people who buy out stuff in Deklein via red alts, but you should have a pretty comfy start with PLEX and some isk. BCs are not worth much in current economy.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
People can elect to not sit in theta. I sure as hell don't. And when I do, I don't bitch about things that offend my sensibilities. But to be fair, I'm kind of a jack rear end and not much actually bothers me. I came to terms years ago that humankind is poo poo and every new generation has to be re-taught the same things all over again. So I stopped giving a poo poo.

Regarding that Vet, he's an rear end in a top hat. But to be fair, any vet who went to vietnam War and comes back with fond memories of killing people, is a psychopath. Period. He can get hosed, no one cares about his service.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Oh, I elected to not sit in theta. Or goonswarm. Or eve.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Ad by Khad posted:

If you quit because you don't like EVE, good on you.
If you quit because of the poo poo people say in Theta, then it's dumb.

EVE's ~community~ is just as terrible as any other out there, and to be frank I don't see much difference in any game I know. The world of gaming is filled with edgy 12 years old who thinks N***** is funny, or old fucks who wear this shirt unironically.

You're on the internet, how do you not know this?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ad by Khad posted:

yeah if theta was grossing you out then you wouldn't stand a chance anywhere else, poo poo is so much worse outside the walls

Praxis Prion posted:

you can use asset safety to teleport your poo poo to lowsec, but then you'd need to figure out how to get it out of lowsec

also it takes 21 days to cook so that might not be within the limits of your patience

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah if theta was grossing you out then you wouldn't stand a chance anywhere else, poo poo is so much worse outside the walls

Nah I don't agree. I've been in a solid goon group for over a year and there hasn't been anything offensive at all

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ad by Khad posted:

Nah I don't agree. I've been in a solid goon group for over a year and there hasn't been anything offensive at all

i meant in eve, seeing as you said that you don't play it

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i meant in eve, seeing as you said that you don't play it

Oh, well yeah I guess that's probably true. Especially when all the people I had problems with in theta were pubbies

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Life is just so much easier when you accept that people are poo poo and you stop letting words from strangers offend you.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

What's the situation right now in terms of fights?

Last time I played we were in Delve and most fleets that went up were a 1 hour commute to get to a bunch of people who wouldn't bother to form up.

I gather there's a war on right now, but does that have some decent action that's not 'sit in 10% tidi because both sides brought a thousand supers' ?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
How the hell are you responding in kind to this snowflake?

When I was in GF it would've been 2 pages of getout and the worst jokes ever designed to trigger this person.

Glad I got out when the getting was good. How do i figure out what my old eve dudes are worth in cash so I can sell them?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Philonius posted:

What's the situation right now in terms of fights?

Last time I played we were in Delve and most fleets that went up were a 1 hour commute to get to a bunch of people who wouldn't bother to form up.

I gather there's a war on right now, but does that have some decent action that's not 'sit in 10% tidi because both sides brought a thousand supers' ?

Right now we're deployed to the north to gently caress with the squatters in Fade and Pure Blind (maybe Deklein later? Who knows.) We have a forward staging keepstar in 6RCQ, so if you put a jump clone there (or just sit there all the time if you really want) you oughta be able to catch some fleet action.

Fights that are "sit in 1% TIDI" generally happen over a keepstar siege, and there's plenty of fights going on that don't involve that. Most of them are erasing tons of Muninns. This is hilarious because T2 cruisers use a lot of moongoo, and we pretty much own the entire T2 production chain, meaning that all the ships they bought are putting money into the pockets of our guys.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Philonius posted:

I think this war CO2 is forming up a lot of subcaps and even engage in actual fighting. Yesterday we nuked some Ishtars in Querious using Jackdaws and small gang of shield caps.
Every major strategic brawls has TIDI and supers, we are just that fat and cannot lie.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

How do i figure out what my old eve dudes are worth in cash so I can sell them?

total up the market value of any assets on them + the market value of the injectors you can create by draining them of skill points (you can't extract below 5 million SP, each extractor sucks out 500,000 SP)

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Paramemetic posted:

Join GoonWaffe if you want to be part of the space Brahmin caste, be special purely by virtue of your tenbux heritage, not have any requirements to participate or log in at all, and serve a largely vestigial and yet essential role of providing cultural identity and meaning

Also if you want fuel roles so you never have to fill out a fueling contract ever again.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Right now we're deployed to the north to gently caress with the squatters in Fade and Pure Blind (maybe Deklein later? Who knows.) We have a forward staging keepstar in 6RCQ, so if you put a jump clone there (or just sit there all the time if you really want) you oughta be able to catch some fleet action.

Fights that are "sit in 1% TIDI" generally happen over a keepstar siege, and there's plenty of fights going on that don't involve that. Most of them are erasing tons of Muninns. This is hilarious because T2 cruisers use a lot of moongoo, and we pretty much own the entire T2 production chain, meaning that all the ships they bought are putting money into the pockets of our guys.

there are really only a few worthwhile groups in game, which are goons+tapi and pl+nc

everything else is just sewage inbetween and would be bulldozed if either of those entities put their mind to it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Landsknecht posted:

there are really only a few worthwhile groups in game, which are goons+tapi and pl+nc

everything else is just sewage inbetween and would be bulldozed if either of those entities put their mind to it

What, like CVA?

:blastu:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

CainFortea posted:

What, like CVA?

:blastu:

ya, cva and their dumb bloc completely collapsed

test managed to take all of the faction forts, and then some idiots in PL were autistic enough to blow up most of them

cva still owns provi but it was pretty killdozed by all of that fighting

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

KarmaFleet's recruitment process requires an API key, the creation of which has been discontinued by CCP. What do I do? The page says:

No more applications are being accepted from this site while KarmaFleet migrates to the new EVE Online API.

... yet I can access the next page for adding new characters (https://recruit.karmafleet.org/users/eve_characters).

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Jazzzzz posted:

total up the market value of any assets on them + the market value of the injectors you can create by draining them of skill points (you can't extract below 5 million SP, each extractor sucks out 500,000 SP)

Looks like my eve dudes are worth about $530. So much effort for so little cash lmao.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 22, 2018

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

When I was in GF it would've been 2 pages of getout and the worst jokes ever designed to trigger this person.

shut up idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

How the hell are you responding in kind to this snowflake?

Glad I got out when the getting was good. How do i figure out what my old eve dudes are worth in cash so I can sell them?

Don't worry, we're glad you got out too