Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Haamu - Skinny Dick's

Amidst cheap takeout and grime there was Ogoria, and on her right shoulder there was Haamu. And he chuckled, as if to some private joke.

"Divine affectation and aspiration", he took a puff from his hookah, "These are Dreams, too."

"Share yours with me, friend, and I'll share mine with you~"

Haamu offered his hookah. It was diminutive at his current scale, sure, but he seemed unfazed by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Akkri Sen Tav - Above the edge of the world

Akkri snarls angrily as the Impish Ran fouls his slash. The figure vanishes in a flurry of robes.

On shard of rock above a swiftly spinning worldscape, Akkri straightens and addresses the heavens. "Twice you have interfered, Overeager Ran. Even your aid is a thorn. Consider very carefully before thwarting me a third time." With that Akkri whirls. The mountain top he's perched upon splits into nine pieces along very clean cuts. Akkri steps from it to a slope near the riven orb ingnoring the tatters of intervening space. What had been contained and what fresh disaster did its release portend?

What's even up with this orb?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Awful Ran

“Grumbol, my dear, could you perhaps hold off on the Destruction? I’d rather not risk having it backfire on my friends in here. Thank you so much.”

To Akkri Sen Tav, Ran says nothing, but an image of the demon bowing repeatedly in apology burbles up into the edgelord’s mind.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Arianhod -Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn, province of Dank Hills

Arianhod doesn't even have time for the traditional screaming session after that, because she feels the walls of the prison battering and scraping by the same pack that was trying to glom every bit of energy. She teleports, in a storm of fire and pine scented embers.

"WHAT. ARE YOU ASSHOLES DOING TO MY HOME? Don't do cutesy 'Setting them all free teehee!' bullshit, I understand context."

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Awful Ran

“These mortals look to me for succor, and your prison threatens to engulf all of the ivory lands. I’m simply giving them the chance to leave, and fix the problem at the same time. You’re more than welcome to help, dearest!”

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianhod

"Agreed, we need to stop this! However, this is my home, we are doing it my way, on my terms, or not at all. Excuse me if I don't have much trust in the forces of DESTRUCTION AND DECEIT spreading their grip on my home that's full of mortals." Arianhod's form doesn't turn, but her ego mind turns to ran and gives him a directly look in the charka-eye. <<They are PLAYING you, Ran! They're using your commitment to justice and order to facilitate corruption and the removal of a rival power base. We can do this, we WILL free the mortals, but they are doing this so they can trick you and remove me as a threat.>>

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Awful Ran

"I think paranoia is getting the best of you, my friend. If Grumbol will agree not to use Destruction, I don't see many ways this can go too horribly wrong."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianhod

"That's a start. We can all work together on this, but I demand creative and editing rights for the divine energies, and a right to kibosh anything I find detrimental or toxic to the safety of the sapients within or my home itself." Arianhod looks to the others. "I want no hint of Destruction or Deceit in your contributions. I have a plan for how to do this."

If y'all work with arianhod and let her be fore(wo)man of this project and agree to her terms, she'll aid you with her domains on this.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Awful Ran

"I am quite happy to have your aid my dear, and I'm sure our friends the Architects will have no problem with your terms. Judicial review is a perfectly acceptable aspect of my profession, after all!"

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
GRUMBOL, the Tower

At Ran's worries, GRUMBOL releases the destruction building and it dissipates.
<"Ran, we aid you and your action as we see the strength and conviction in you. Because you have a will and that you will see that what needs to be done will be done. We do not trust Arinhood and should you cede more control than you have...we may not work together. We all just cannot trust someone who sought to rob us of our just due. But you have an affinity with us and it is through the law that we will trust no other. We will succeed." This problem is just one of many plaguing the ivory lands and it has sat too long to leave in less than trustworthy hands.>

Dropping Destruction [+4]. This is Ran's show. His scene. His idea.

• Followers:
    • Ranok-La: Demigod
      Divine Custodians: Buggs, Hroon
  • Special:
    • Divine Bridge Bonus: As defined by Banana Man
  • Abilities:
    • Destruction [+4], Personal
    • Change [+3], Pantheon
    • Creation [+2], Pantheon
    • [+2], one time use

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Confident Ran

"Thank you my sweet Grumbol! Now we only need Maldrago to remove his shadowy domain, and for dear Arionhod to add her finishing touches, and we can rest easy knowing this aspect of our new home is secure."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Maldrogo-Prison Plane

Maldrago, who has been giving retainer agreements to the beings trapped on the prison plane to sign, sighs and puts the ones he's holding in his briefcase. "Deceit? You wound me, madam.", He looks affronted. He reaches up in the air and pulls a lawbook out of nowhere. "I'm merely analyzing the laws as such and mapping out any weaknesses in the law and loopholes. Think, after all, of all these poor people, who suffer because of poorly written laws and lack an advocate! My new associate here", and here he waves at Ran, "is a professional par excellence, and the Magnificent Ran knows more of the law than I can ever know, but a law is a contract, and of contracts, I am the master! Will you not utilize my skills? All my skills? Or would you have me give less than my best, and leave more and more of these poor, unfortunate, people trapped in a prison where they do not deserve to be? The heavens forbid such cruelty!"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianhod

"It's really insulting you think I'm that dumb. But I think i have an idea..."

Arianhod would be down to using Deceit in the context of the prison maintaining an ironic distance from itself and being narratively self aware of being both a prison and an arcology while realizing they are mutually exclusive. Not deceitful itself, just hyper ironic in a GBS way

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 4, 2018

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
GRUMBOL, the Tower

GRUMBOL ws fine with not using destruction but this was too much. Ran was either the architect of his own fate or a pawn.
<"Ran, either you're running this act or not. If it's not you, we want no part of this. The extra provisions are not of your design. Are you not the god of law? are you not in control? It seems a small thing you let get in the way of guaranteed success. Let us help you. Fully.">

what'll it be?

• Followers:
      Divine Custodians: Buggs, Hroon
  • Special:
  • Abilities:
    • Change [+3], Pantheon
    • [+2], one time use

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Maldrago-The Prison Plane

"Dearest Arianhod, what have I ever done to earn your ire? I created the first intelligent life on this world. I worked to repair the tower when it was going to crumble into dust and destroy the world. I attempted, and, unfortunately failed, to prevent a cataclysm which resulted in large portions of this place being turned to lava and demons unleashed. And now I attempt to save the people of this world from eternal imprisonment. All this I have done, with expense to myself, without recompense equal to the effort expended! I have been cooperative! I have been friendly! I have not harmed you or those you choose to associate with! And yet, in return, I find myself mistrusted by you and insulted! So, I ask again, what have I done that you would treat me so?"

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Awful Ran

“I think with our discussion, Arionhod will be amenable to working together. If not, I went up against the whole Heavenly Court all alone, and I can do it again!”

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Dunrandin - The Ivory Tower

Dunrandin watched the other gods play with the prison plane, a newly minted hell that seemed good for torment and punishment of those truly evil. He saw what Ran was trying to do and he quietly approved. Ran was, as one now deceased member of a past pantheon would put it, a real hoopty frood. However he was torn and racked with the strangest feeling of indecision. Part of him wanted to join Ran, to break open his own great tome of laws and act as prosecutor to Ran's public defender. But part of him also demanded that the snake god who had a contract with him fulfill that contract. He had not been given permission to die and his life was Dunrandin's! It was an insult that must be corrected.

In the end, the god of domination chose to drive his hands into the past in order to grab the life of his minion before it was snuffed out. He grabbed a nearby hroon and twisted the flesh of the beast into a new body, one capable of carrying the divine spark.

Alright god action time. Using +2 Law and +2 Domination in order to reach through time and grab my minion's soul before he actually died. As I've said, we had a contract damnit. Also using Change +3 and Creation +2 to create a body capable of of holding that essence.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Avtotar - Lots Of Different Places
The crises of the world temporarily being dealt with by other dieties, and his own personal expertise not being needed at the prison (just smash it apart already) or the balancing of the disk (check to see if there's any more monsters hanging on the underside), the Lord of Medicine turned his attention to the mortal races.

His Hrooon had become co-divine servants with the Buggs, and that was very good, but the "Seed Pods" had turned out to be full of people, not plants. And that was very interesting. So he flitted amongst them, projecting his spirit to watch and guide them. They seemed to be warlike peoples, though not of one unified culture. Still seeing government as purely the imposition of the strongest will, they needed a great deal of bones mended and other lesser injuries taken care of. A task for which Worship of Avtotar might provide the answers.

Of course, many ended up in the Shadow Citys as they fell asleep, and many had ended up in the prison, even over only the few short days of their emergence. But most were still hanging around their Arks.

Such primitive structures, these Arks. Much better if they had a properly organized and laid down town. With a meeting hall, a Temple to the Architects, and a Medicine House at the center. And so it would be. He drew together his Divine Power, and rebuilt each Ark in his preferred style.

Using Change +3 to alter the Arks into towns. Using Creation +2 to put Temples and Houses Of Healing at the center of the towns. Using Healing + to draw their worship towards me.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianhod -In/around the prison Home

Arianhod gets off her high horse now that Ran seems to have the project in hand, but here was a legit attempt by someone to grift her, but also an opportunity to open understand. "Alright Maldrogo, at least let me show you how I think." She steps inside the prison and motions for him to follow. "HELLO AGAIN EVERYONE. Soon you will be free to leave here, and I will not stop you, however..." Roadways and forests spring forth, growing from all sides of the 3-dimensional structure, growing toward the center. "I do ask, 'where will you go? You do not have to leave if you do not want to, and as long as you're here, you will never lack for food, care for you and your families, and most importantly, a home." Arianhod carefully concentrates to spaces inbetween the mortals are standing and causes the growth of buildings from the ground, slowly enough that no one is hurt by their expansion. "As long as you live here, and live by the notion there There is Enough and Others don't have to Lose for me to Win, we will make it through these problems." She turns again to Maldrogo. "Its the difference between a mentality of scarcity, and a mentality of abundance. The first thing sapient beings seek is a situation where they don't have to survive just day to day, month to month, season to season, the second is where they have to recognize that life is no longer zero sum, you don't need exploit others for your own happiness in success." She waves a hand, motes of light spring forth, floating among the mortals and demigods. "In this situation, there is no being as sad, and as great a threat, than a looter who knows he doesn't have to plunder others to succeed, but does so anyway because only through other people losing can he find any happiness."

The prison, now Home, populated by the Community, begins to take shape.

"I've told you my piece, shown you how I think, but if nothing else, please understand, do not confuse compassion with weakness, and openness with an invitation to plunder."

[Druid+2] and [Magitech Progressive+2] to turn the prison into more of an arcology/utopian society where people who live according to the spirit of the rules (not just their letter, the place can understand context) can find themselves empowered by the collective ambient domain energies, Domain power through anarcho-communalism rather than raw internal will-to-power.

Resources:

- a future +2 Madness to add to a single roll
-SDHI: Basic Lab, home, engineering bay, etc, and...arcology?
-Mithril+2 - One time usage, extracting it will likely kill the local cave economy.
-One unnamed feature of The Dank Hills.
[/quote]

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Maldrago-The Prison

"Well said, madam. I agree completely. Let us make this place the "place of abundance " that you speak of so that none whonstau will ever see want or need."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Haamu - Skinny Dick's and also ???

Between the Real and the Dream there was a River, and in the waters swam Haamu. He was elsewhere too, sitting on a shoulder, having a conversation with peers. For people to have similar Dreams was not unusual, so for Haamu to coexist in many places was not unusual either.

Here he spat a fountain high into the air. Elsewhere he spoke, still sitting on Ogoria's shoulder.

"Fun ideas, beautiful ideas and Ideals you have friend Arianhod! But Ideals they are, and Ideals are merely Dreams long and hard pondered upon. And the Real spites the Dream as is well known, and your voice alone will only do so much", Haamu grinned, in a friendly sort of way, "But me? Old Haamu knows how to appreciate hard work, and so might just lend you a hand~"

Here, Haamu lifted a hand, allowing a stream of river water to fall from his palm. Though the term 'water' did not do it proper justice. When Akkri cut his river Between, the stuff within it was not properly Dream or Real either by necessity of its function, and Haamu found it endlessly fascinating. What it was though, was an ideal conductor, ideal enough to ship dreamers whole. Would be such a shame to leave something so useful at just that.

So Haamu came to shore, and with his fingernail he drew a curving line in the sand, and allowed it to fill with the waters, and he drew many a curve and an edge, from the River and from each other, until canals in self-propagating fractals started to fill the metaspace next and Between the Prison and elsewhere. A shipping network not for physical goods, but for Dreams and Ideals, and the will of mortals, so that their voices could resound.

Haamu smiled. It was beautiful work.

OOC: Haamu will help with Arianhod's utopia-building via means of propagating the messaging of Dreams and Ideals to the Real by messing with the dimensional geometries of the River that separates them to better allow for such large scale implementation of Ideals. Dreams [+2] and Space [+2]

Theantero fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 7, 2018

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Akkri Sen Tav - Dreamlands

The ORB's energy pulses with power; it appears to be connected to the Madness God’s influence in the dreamlands, though it does not appear to be it specifically...a child? A dream of its own made real? Regardless, it appears to be spreading and intertwining with that god’s own influence throughout the dreamlands, like two distinct stormfronts merging.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

The energy appears to be bolstering the mists of madness. Akkri moves to the remnants of the sphere. With quick strokes he carves a blade from the unknown energy's prison. It is dangerous to slash blindly at an uncertainty. The material that held it should be able to interact with it. Akkri also hopes to get a sense of what the orb contained from the aura of his new weapon. He would look foolish slaying Sanity by accident.

Using Cutting +4 to carve a weapon from the orb remnants.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Ran + GRUMBOL + Maldrogo - Prison

Stacks of paper flowed, piles of paperwork; many stating their case such as “I’m not supposed to be here!” and “I was born in this place!” which are pretty simply stamped to leave, others having more complicated issues that the rule of law seems to allow in. Overall, the vast majority of the population departs, whether by simply being teleported into the wrong place at the wrong time, through the exits conveniently placed by GRUMBOL, or by the careful manipulations of Maldrogo. Due to the savage nature of the previous boneyards outside of Meat City, the majority of that population remains within the prison. Further, it appears that the enchanting effect of the prison to suck people up into it has been dispelled; truly the miracle of modern law.

Overall the population has been reduced to roughly 10% of its original population, with about 90% of those remaining having committed their respective crimes once inside the prison. Many demigods remain within. Throughout the land celebrations are held as families are reunited, and the three of you are held in joyous celebration.

Ran, as the spearhead for this action you have gained a temporary +2 Warden of Superjail for actions involving the prison, but be cautious as this effect is granted by the people’s joy from the reunification. GRUMBOL, the holes you made allow for greater permeability and are generally easier to guard due to the low inmate population but has provided an avenue for smuggling in and out. Maldrogo, your effect ensures that the system inside maintains an element of order within the inmate population, with conmen and savvy at the top; also don’t forget you now have access to the Change +3 and Creation +2 Domains from the pantheon.

Dunrandin – Ivory Tower

Your efforts bring a powered down version of the original god back into place; really gross wet smacking sounds and piles of muck coalesce into the snake-demigod’s form, then finally takes shape into the familiar form from before. “Massterrr” he hisses, eyes rolling wildly. “I’m back from the void, from nothingnessss!”

He’s back! And he’s crazy! Unfortunately he is merely a demigod.

Avtotar – Ivory Lands

The Human Arks are transformed into cities overnight nearly; the materials making up the ancient shells dismantled and refurbished into houses of healing, each city following a similar design and layout. A rush of worship fills the land for Avtotar (and by extension the Architects of Fate).

You get a +2 Steward of Humanity for the time being; this is unique to yourself and not shared by the other architects.

Arionhod + Haamu – Prison

The remainder of the prison is turned into a lava-filled utopia; the criminals that remain are granted wonderous gifts in technology and science; Meat City itself is changed to a scholarly location of questionable sciences headed by the corrupt into some sort of utopian-criminal city. It has a series of checks and balances that ensure that there is no downward mobility, people are only as homeless as long as it takes to grift someone else. Naturally the frogmen demigods seem to exploit this situation the most. It is truly a wonder for the land, a very confusing beautiful utopia, and the PR of the place tries to beat down the idea of prison, despite its obvious correctional process. Haamu, your contribution involved bringing the fresh waters of the between-river to the land, which at most was questionable. People that fell into it appeared to disappear forever, a situation that those in charge on the inside used to full advantage.

Curiously, the properties of the river were examined by the rogue scientists of the place, and determined that the waters were actually made up of all the souls in the Ivory Lands; it appears that the Ivory Lands has never had a functioning underworld, merely a river that grew and grew. The waters were quickly bottled, transformed into a Soul Nexus, some sort of device using the lessons learned from the prison’s original enchantment to move large amounts of matter extremely quickly across vast distances, at the cost of a handful of souls.

[i]Arionhod, you have got +2 Master of the Soul Nexus due to your close working relationship with the elevation of this lowly place, but is temporary like the other bonuses this round.

Akkri Sen Tav – Orb Mountain, Dreamlands

The material is cut finely, delicately. Only a small amount is needed to produce the sharpest blade ever crafted; of its essence is Purity, now…made purer, with purpose and focus and not necessarily to contain but to reduce unwanted elements. It is anathema to the force that it contained, and it quickly tries to evacuate the area around you.

You have forged the first true Godly Weapon, so please go ahead and name it. It has a +2 Purity domain bonus for whoever wields it. Also, as a note, due to your efforts the previous turn and a continuing roll, the Divine Custodians with your initial help have stabilized the world’s spin.

The Demon Posse

The various Demon Gods then claim the different criminal gang-guilds within the not-prison, in turn enjoying the lava filled landscape and frolicking merrily within it. “Yess,” cries one, “concentrated evil!” Another does a jig, splashing lava in the air with his stomping dance moves, “We got ourself a little slice of heaven!” One makes a gang of centuars carry him on a pedestal while he eats plates of bugs that are brought to him. Another tears one of Ran’s contracts in half, saying “Two fer one deal!” and other terrible puns.

Worshipper Breakdown
[i]Since this has come up quite a bit as a question in discord, I figured I’d formalize this, there’s only a vague effect within the game but it’s nice to have as a just in case you care sort of thing. Just to clarify, for anyone in a pantheon together the worshippers for one god tend to worship the other pantheon members to a lesser extent so the purview does overlap; that being said there’s one offs everywhere so I’m just listing the appreciable numbers of worshippers for each deity.

Ran: Free Peoples everywhere, Meat City residents, cows and sheep
Maldrogo: Frogmen, Kathraki, conmen and conwomen
GRUMBOL: Buggs
Avtotar: Humans, Hroon
Arionhod: Meat City gangs
Dunrandin: Snakepeople
Akkri: Kathraki
Ogoria: Meat City gangs
Haamu: Dreamers (appointed by various societies)

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

The sword takes shape. Takes shape so readily it is as if the orb is eager to face its lost occupant. Initially intending to rough out an expedient weapon, Akkri feels the flow of energy and works with it. The blade practically springs into being. It is simple, straight, and eager. Akkri can feel the note held in the sword, waiting for the first blow to ring out. Yes, that is too true to ignore. Akkri blows a few final slivers of material from the hilt's scrollwork and takes up the blade. He swings it once, twice. Can almost hear the single pure note within the edge.

"Clarion." Akkri proclaims simply and feels the rightness of it. He nods to himself.

Suitable armed, the God of Edges strides forth to battle the storm. The spawn of Madness roils back from Clarion but Akkri is faster. He has drawn the Curved Blade in his other hand and uses it to great affect. Angles are cut and space rent so that Akkri strikes from all sides. With each questing tendril of energy parried, each blow passing clear through the diffuse energy, Akkri's duel seems at first to be folly. But with each slash the miasma loses some of its airy vigor. Akkri is attempting to cut the formlessness from the cloud so that he may deal a grievous blow. The energy slow gains definition.

Using Cutting +4 to slash away the energy's formlessness and then, if the moment presents itself, striking a blow with Purity +2.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
GRUMBOL, the Tower

GRUMBOL looked as Ran got it right and the guilty would be the ones who belonged in the prison. Then that those who were the most criminal and evil were rewarded by Arionhod with heaven/ paradise- and finally the end result of that.
The joke was not lost on him.
<"Heh. Well Ran, it looks like someone got what they wanted. Even if it wasn't what they thought would happen."> In truth, GRUMBOL had seen the looming disaster and possibility once the latter duo had added ingredients to the mix but kept silent. He also did not contest it. Eluding to it by asking Ran who was in control had produced nothing from Ran oddly. In any case saying more would have been wasteful: as the acts of those who came later significantly benefited the world views of Maldrago. The god of evil and the god of destruction hadn't had to work very hard in this world. Barely at all. So many other gods wanted to do that work for them and done so through inattention and sheer blindness. The Architects of Fate were making strides everywhere and it was time to affect more changes elsewhere.
-=-=-
The madness would need to be stopped and Akkri Sen Tav was the perfect warrior to do so. <"Akkri, I will aid you in your task. Unlike others I would not seek to subvert your movements or actions nor 'improve' upon its perfection."> Perhaps this act would not end in tears for mortal kind. But even if it did, destruction would be visited upon something or the world of that GRUMBOL was certain. GRUMBOL infused Akkri with the knowledge and power of destruction, briefly elevating the god to new heights and gaining insight as to how they were linked together. -=Swordgod with Godsword visiting destruction upon his enemy and target.=- To further facilitate this GRUMBOL lent Akkri the power of change to his actions, the hand(s) of the Architects of Fate to guide every stroke. To pierce the veil and strike true with the results the god(Akkri) wanted. <"We will save the dreamlands & waking world of ivory.">

Aiding Akkri Sen Tav with Destruction [+4] and Change [+3]. Though I'm sure someone will come along and try to "improve" or subvert what you're doing which has worked so well the other times that's happened. Round 3

• Followers:
      Divine Custodians: Buggs, Hroon?
  • Special:
  • Abilities:
    • Change [+3], Pantheon
    • [+2], one time use

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 10, 2018

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianhod -In/around the prison Home

Another 15 minute screaming session, followed by another megaproject. Oh well, time to get to work.

Placeholder to claim dibs on being the head of the afterlife project, actually post to follow soon

Resources:

-Mithril+2 - One time usage, extracting it will likely kill the local cave economy.
[/quote]

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Dunrandin - Ivory Tower

"Interesting... You have a contract to honor but I cannot use you in such a manner. Perhaps one greater than I in healing can help this shattered mind. Stay here and touch nothing."

The universe quivers, shaking a chill off its metaphorical spine, and Dunrandin is standing besides Avtotar. "I have a favor to ask of you, brother. In return I shall shall grant a favor as well as provide access to my eventual conquests. It is my desire that my minion's mind be gathered and repaired as well as can be. In this maddened state he is near useless, except possibly as an agent of terror which is a method I am loath to employ. And..." the yellow silk wrapped face leans forward, though no breath is felt as he whispers, "I know what your secret is. I know you crave the delectable taste of power, to draw it in. It is a hunger we both contain, and with my aid we can both feast."

The world moans lightly in exquisite agony as the God of Domination vanishes.

Yo Avtotar, fix my homie, yo.

I'll write a larger post later.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Mysterious Ran - ?

The thorny structure looms above the forests surrounding it, constructed equally of vast plant matter and towers of traditional brick and mortar. A gleaming bronze dome peeks out of one of the wings of the building, telescope retracted during the day. Centaurs, hroon, the Flat Folk, snakemen, frogmen, and humans walk the campus in groups, discussing current events, science, celestial observation, the works and intricacies of academia. It is a place of learning.

The early morning buzz of activity is interrupted by a horn blast. A centaur rumbles through the open gates of the Academy, hooves clacking on the cobbled courtyard. He yells something about an arrival, joy evident in his voice. Confusion and a sense of muted excitement sweeps the halls. Students and professors alike crowd the courtyard and surrounding walls, hoping for a glance of whatever is coming.

Over the ridge, banners can be seen, fluttering gaily in the wind. Another horn blast breaks the silence, and the crowd murmurs excitedly. The banners rise and reveal their handlers - a crowd of creatures of all races, all creeds, marching with a greengold figure at their head. Outright yells of joy and welcome break from the crowds of the Academy, as individuals recognize friends and family long thought lost. The robed figure in front, riding a familiar boar many times the size of any centaur, leaps onto his mount’s back and raises his arms. Despite the distance, his voice carries.

The Mighty Ran - The Academy

“Scholars, observers, watchers of the sky! I bring back your families, your friends, your lovers and learners!” The caravan breaks into a run as the gates to the Academy open wide, their banners streaming behind. There is a great tumult of conversation, joyful yells and tearful embraces, as the lost ones are finally reunited with those left behind.

When Ran and Su-Chelev catch up, the demon hops gently off of his friend’s back. Both of them grin widely, the great boar at a loss for words as tears stream through his fur, affected deeply by the happiness of his friends. Some observant few later claimed to have seen a single drop glitter on Ran’s face, but none of the witnesses could be sure, and it was quickly wiped away.

The boar and the demon mingle with the reunited families as they slip into the open arms of the Academy, dispersing to its many halls and living quarters. Around midday, rumors begin to circulate of a great meeting, hosted by the lawyer god and the wise boar, to be held that night. The curious and literate denizens of the Academy are abuzz with excitement. What could it be about? What other great changes could be in store? Some speculate that it has to do with the observed fixation in the sky of the ivory lands - the Awful Ran has battled the terrible keepers of the prison and stopped the fatal spin of the world! Others scoff and claim that it is the imposition of Ran’s glorious Law upon the chaos of the wilds that has walled off the prison plane from their own - with travel to other lands safe and open, the Cataloger of Stars has come to ignite a new golden age of scientific discovery and trade!

~

It is evening now, the sun setting over the vast gleaming dome of the Observatory. Thousands gather in the largest debate hall of the Academy, with even more crowding the door, hoping to hear something of the great speeches and wisdom surely being dispensed within.

“My friends,” Ran declaims to the various assembled races, scholars of all kinds present and listening, “Our return from the vast prison heralds a new beginning, a new age of mortal empowerment and freedom. What you have heard is true - no longer does the world spin itself apart! No longer will you have to huddle in your homes, fearful of travel! The mists of ignorance and chaos have receded, and the mortal realm will be united like never before in links of commerce and knowledge!” An excited buzzing fills the room.

“But!” At this word, the great hall silences itself instantly. “There still lurk great dangers in this world, from gods both old and new. And friends were lost in the struggle against these dark forces, I am sad to admit.” Here Ran gestures to a grand mural of Xenua, Goddess of Knowledge, covering the ceiling. Others take in his meaning and a ripple of sadness and loss spreads through the crowd. “Yes, the great benefactress of this university is gone from us, perhaps forever. But take heart! I will be taking the academy under my wing, with the aid of my friend and follower Su-Chelev, and we shall serve you as best we can, to continue your sacred mission of research and study!” Cheers ring out in response to Ran’s raised arms, and he grins, sharpened teeth gleaming.

The God of Lawyers stands, arms akimbo and fingers spread, and great gleaming runes begin to coalesce just beyond his sharpened fingernails. The crowd quiets. “I will give you the tools to survive in this wonderland of gods and demigods, of mortals and men. I will teach you a new trade, a magic underlying the roots of the world that will allow you to both protect yourselves and to further your own studies! I give to you…LITIGANCY, the Words of God-given Power!”

As he speaks, the runes hovering near his fingertips suddenly swirled in a dizzying pattern, forming words, paragraphs, entire contracts and sentences and writs of law, incomprehensible now, but gaining meaning and wisdom the longer the crowd stares. Individuals begin to understand as the meaning becomes clear, and the first Litigancers are born! The air crackles with power, and beneath the excited chattering of the crowd, Ran smiles gently to himself and Su-Chelev laughs, a booming, joyful sound.

Creating the immortal magical science of Litigancy, the power of Law made real, and giving it to a small percentage of the population of the Academy, to teach to all who prove themselves worthy. Litigancers are able to write magical contracts that may indelibly bind other signatories to an agreement, proclaim just sentences that are magically enforced, sue individual parties for reasonable damages caused, and cast proven lawbreakers to the prison plane. The previous underlined words are important, as a large portion of its power comes from consensus of the community, similarly to real law. This power is strong enough to affect demigods, and will even have some efficacy against the gods themselves. Some examples:

A poltergeist is haunting a family’s ancestral home. They hire a local Litigancer to sue the spirit and he does so successfully, forcing the ghost to serve the family for a time equal to the value of the property it destroyed, and then leaving them alone after.
A rogue Litigancer uses her power to subdue a wild bugbear, justified by the fact that those who generally inhabit wild places consider possession as the highest law - “finders keepers”, essentially. She then uses the bugbear to extort and rule a small bandit village, since by their laws might makes right, and is able to use her magic to enforce this.
A minor god of Bounty[+2] signs a contract with a Litigancer to provide fertile farmland to a small village, who agree to provide her with worship in return. However, the town grows massively due to the increased food supply and the god is relegated to a particularly verdant public garden in the center of a vast metropolis, unhappy but compelled to stay due to the binding contract. Eventually she is able to influence her few remaining cultists to find and destroy the contract, and she is free to leave.

The domains used:

Law [+2], for the obvious command over the law.
Husbandry [+2], in its aspect of control over society.
Warden of Superjail [+2], for the ability to cast lawbreakers to that plane.
Overgod [+4], to supercharge the whole thing and give it enough of a kick to affect gods.

Also, becoming the patron of the newly renamed Thousand Words University, adding a new wing of the complex, and establishing a school of Litigancy within.

Ran would like Su-Chelev to stay and provide a moral foundation for his new science as a tenured professor of the university, although the boar is of course free to decline and return to his “kingdom”.

a fatguy baldspot fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 12, 2018

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianhod -In/around the prison Home, on a suitably dramatic hill top

For beings born to divinity, like Dunrandin or GRUMBOL, alterations in their divine pattern were not so harsh. No more than the tides affecting an ocean. For former mortals like Arianhod, its closer to a full blown identity crises, especially for someone who was able to carefully and gradually craft their divinity via a century of careful graft.

She's handling it the best she can, which is to say, not well at all.

"I AM ARIANHOD NYGHTGLAYDE, MISTRESS OF THE SOUL NEXUS.", she raises her hands dramatically as her hair, as jet black as her caked-on, runny eye makeup, blows everywhere and a bazillion bats fly out of her backside. "HEAR ME AND OB-gently caress. No. Okay guys this is how its gonna be..." She was dealing with the worst of the worst, some sapients were born that way, some got that way through life, either way, you couldn't deal with them normally. As counterintinutive as it sounded, punishment was futile, and rewards were the only way to compel long term. The society seemed to be holding together for now, but now it needed to be an afterlife.

Or as afterlife as it got. Arianhod thought death was an excellent time out and way to balance the scales. Outright immortality with single identities forever accumulating more and more power were a recipe for oligarchy and eventually catastrophe. Arianhod is fully aware of the self-inherent hypocrisy but doesn't much care. Fortunately, it appears sapient ego-memories appear to meltdown into this... mana-gluon soup. Good. We can work with this.

"Work with me here, folks, and I can guarantee FABULOUS PRIZES. You could dunk that guy that welched on his loan in the barrel of acid, or you could risk all your dickery for what's behind door # 3!" A surge of dark energy washes over the place, scattering wilted autumn leaves everywhere. "WELCOME BACK, YOU SHITHEADS. Que up and get ready to not gently caress it up this time!" On her order, the soul-goo in the river begins to twitch, and limp toward shore. Arianhod does what she had forever forbidden herself from doing, but she could no longer hold it in. "ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN, ahahahahahaHAHAHAH...oh no."

"Ogri, you need to help me out with this, I've never constructed a functional revolving door afterlife, and we need to avoid undead shenanigans if at all possible!" Arianhod winces as a particularly violent surge of bats escapes and the more healthy, conventional, shaving-optional hippie form returns. "Like the WORST kind of indigestion."

[Magitech Progressive+2], [Druid+2], and [MISTRESS OF THE SOUL NEXUS+2]:drac:, to further refine the utopian-thug collective into a true afterlife modeled as a rehab center rather than retirement home. Bringing back dead sapients, each one made of fused together bits from the river as they take mortal forms (Arianhod's biasing the system to humans, because why not) and learn how to live again. This also applies to new assholes landing in Home. There's tons of rewards and privileges they can get*, each arranged so they change or decay enough to be worth striving for, but also that no matter how hard anyone strives they couldn't get enough to form a clique to over the power the others or do it single handedly.

*This is how they get new bodies. First your a blob of the mixed and matched memories of 50 or so dead assholes, then as you earn Not-an-rear end in a top hat points, you get a general shape, limbs, etc. Fully formed bodies can earn various magitech powers and etc.

Resources:

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 16, 2018

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Dunrandin - Ivory Tower

"Interesting... You have a contract to honor but I cannot use you in such a manner. Perhaps one greater than I in healing can help this shattered mind. Stay here and touch nothing."

The universe quivers, shaking a chill off its metaphorical spine, and Dunrandin is standing besides Avtotar. "I have a favor to ask of you, brother. In return I shall shall grant a favor as well as provide access to my eventual conquests. It is my desire that my minion's mind be gathered and repaired as well as can be. In this maddened state he is near useless, except possibly as an agent of terror which is a method I am loath to employ. And..." the yellow silk wrapped face leans forward, though no breath is felt as he whispers, "I know what your secret is. I know you crave the delectable taste of power, to draw it in. It is a hunger we both contain, and with my aid we can both feast."

The world moans lightly in exquisite agony as the God of Domination vanishes.

Yo Avtotar, fix my homie, yo.

I'll write a larger post later.

Avtotar - Ivory Tower
An interesting case, a being that had once been a god, then been destroyed, then brought back to life as a mere servant. Could it be restored to its original glory? Probably not, but it likely could be brought back to the state Durandin had expected. To do so was tricky, however. Or at least to do so without risk of damaging himself, for to directly heal a god meant touching his well to its, even so briefly and minutely.

But Avtotar would not step back from this challenge. He circled the patient, checking the Snake's every aspect: reading its vitals, its demeanor, and its deific potency. The problem indeed seemed to lay where he could grasp it, not in some metaphysical trickery.

"This may be a shock to you, but it will feel much better after I've finished."

Avtotar grasped the Serpent's face and reached into the mind with his Power, forming new pathways around the blockages, cutting loose the traumatic memories, and repairing the damage.

Using Healing [+4] and Change [+3]

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 16, 2018

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Maldrago-Ivory Tower

Maldrago shakes his head. Stupidity on top of stupidity, ignorance on top of foolishness. Well, he was only one god. He couldn't be expected to keep saving Arionhod from herself. Her actions baffled him a little. He had never understood cruelty for the sake of cruelty.

Well, it wasn't his concern. He had other plans. The problem with this place was that there was no civilization. There was no way for people to meet, no way for people to trade. And without gathering and commerce, civilization couldn't develop. He knew what he had to do. He would send out a compulsion to build a city.

[i]Sending out the desire to mortals to gather together and build a city. Creation +2, Barter +2, Change +3

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Dunrandin - Fort Hiss

The naga inhabitants of Fort Hiss barely remembered the gods that had given them existence, but they dutifully offered worship anyway. The massive mobile fortress that was the home of their race moved along the face of the land at its own pace and mostly at its own direction. The fortress was just barely sentient enough that the eldest Naga, with a near lifetime of training, were able to give it some gentle direction. So the fortress moved where the elders wished, and the Naga raided and stole wherever they encountered other people. The Pirate of Fort Hiss, as they were called in hushed tones, could appear from anywhere in their living castle and steal whatever they could grab. They had a code, however, and everyone knew. They would only kill those who fought back, all other were spared. Dunrandin, floating rock still in the skies above the fortress, approved of thise code. It showed him that these, his people as well as his minion's, had followed their lawful instincts.

Sthiss-tor - Fort Hiss Cathedral

The elderly naga was barely able to move these days. The heavy mantle of his office felt more and more like a burden these days as he led his congregation in prayer to gods he was increasingly certain didn't exist. It was especially difficult on evenings like this in which the wind and rain hammered against the colored glass of the tall windows.

Sthiss-tor closed the book of sermons he had been writing and looked up at the stained glass. Each window held a legend of his people, all the way back to the founding, the Earliest Memory. In was in those days that the first Book of Pride had been written, eventually codifying the behavior by which every Naga lived. The various elements had eventually become casts, with his own, of the gold colored scales, coming to serve as the priests and administrators. Of course any Naga could shed his caste and join the Raiders, those brave souls who left Fort Hiss during the raids to loot and pillage. Sthiss-tor rubbed his swollen knuckles as he remembered what he considered simpler times.

Then his stomach tried to climb out of his eyes while he legs ran off in different directions. At least that's what it felt like. The high priest of the nagas coughed and spit blood onto the floor. A feeling of overwhelming power was behind him. He began to shake and cry at the same time. Turning slowly revealed a massive figure who glowed with an inner light. At first the high priest was afraid, but the features came together. The ragged yellow robes which seemed to move with a light breeze that existed only for them. The Face that was No Face. The total lack of feet.

"My god!" Sthiss-tor cried own and despite the protests of his own body he dropped to the floor in supplication.

"Arise, my priest." A deep voice from the very depths of the abyss said. It seemed to come from everywhere at once. "Be not ashamed at the doubt you feel in your heart, for now you witness the truth. Now you witness your creator, the father of your race. I have searched your soul and found it most pleasing."

"Thank you, my god."

"You shall be my my left hand, commanding my armies and my people, leading them in faith and war, as both Priest and King."

The huge figure of Dunrandin reached out towards Sthiss-tor without seeming to lean or bend, his arm simply being as long as it needed to be. As a silk covered finger inscribed a symbol onto his forehead, the high priest began to scream. Every head in the fortress turned towards the cathedral, many naga involuntary beginning to weep. Something dreadful had happened. Something wonderful had happened.

Back in the Cathedral, Sthiss-tor's pain knew no boundries. His felt his mind twist and snap with the immensity of the changes being wrought before coming together again. And then it stopped, and the hand of his god drew back. He felt more alive than he ever had and a thousand little aches and pains he had grown used to were gone. He struggled for a second towards the little hand mirror he kept in a desk drawer by the lectern, a useful thing in ensuring he had nothing in his teeth. The hand that reached for the mirror startled him. It was no longer the knarled thing it once was, missing a finger with age-swollen knuckles. Instead the scales were like the finest polished bronze, darker than before, and the rest looked decades younger. The mirror revealed a much younger face as well, one he hadn't seen in many many years. His eyes glowed a putrescent green.

"You are my chosen, Sthiss-tor, and I have given you back your years." His god told him. "You shall also find many other blessings have been given, such as the voice of Command. Use it, and grow my armies. Every race shall be a part of it, for soon it shall have the run of the land, as they all ha e something in which they excel."

"It shall be done, my lord."

"Yes... I know."

OK, creating a demigod priest-king for the naga. +2 Law as well as +2 Domination
+3 Change and +2 Creation also apply here I believe.

I am also commanding my dude to gather armies together using some non-divine magiclike powers. All races are welcome to join.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 16, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Haamu - Soul River

Between the Awake and the Asleep there were Souls, and among them swam Haamu. And there was a glint in his eye, and a smile on his lips as he lay on his back in the ephemeral.

"Souls, such curious things~ Are they the Essence, or merely glue given untrue import? Then again, who knows if true import even exists? Certainly not old Haamu, certainly not him, oh no", he chuckled to himself a bit, "But what he does know is that whether Essence or glue, a thing needs to be where it needs to be to do what it must, is that not correct, friends, kin and colleagues?"

"For if the Soul truly be the connector Between, that sees the Dream in the Real and the Real in the Dream, then perhaps what the Soul deserves is a better view~"

"Old Haamu thinks so, at least!"

And with that, Haamu once again started to draw in the sandy banks of the strange river, whistling to himself all the while.

OOC: Haamu will continue expanding the metaphysical construct that is the soulriver into the cracks Between realms with Dreams [+2] and Space [+2]

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Akkri Sen Tav + GRUMBOL – Dreamlands

Clarion sings as it strikes; purity within madness, GRUMBOL’s efforts forcing the entity into the path of the sword. As the sword hits, there is silence. A calmness settles over the Dreamlands; the madness that was present has been removed from this world and the next.

Ran – Thousand Words University (formerly the Academy)

Su-Chelev settles in immediately to his new role, often acting as an assisting professor for the new divine-sparked art known as Litigancy. The LAW itself becomes involatile, contract techniques harnessed and assisted with the native energies of the Ivory Lands. Court battles are fraught with excitement as lawyers slam fists of electricity down on the tables in defense of their clients. Their talents are sought in every part of the Ivory Lands (though most travel with Dreames while litigating matters in the Dreamworld). The biggest case so far? Multiple Kothraki claiming that a bound skeleton is their property and having a dispute over it. The judgement? The offender had many shadow hand puppets done by the judge holding his hands over their shadow, disrupting their flow for a bit.

Arionhod – SDHI Afterlife-Like Structure

The karmic rehabilitation system was a big boost for the productivity of the pr..Afterlife Like Structure (Litigancy case pending); many of the slower folks or the less smooth talkers ended up as blobs pretty much immediately. Their IDs were put onto card and shoved into their blob forms for easy identification (some with upwards of 50 ids stuck in them). Forced coexistence was, as one centuarish blob put it, “blrughhhhhhh.” That conversation was gross, but needed. With this structure in hand, the utopian like afterlife within this complex paperwork-filled anarchist commune…sort of sorted itself out, like shaking a bunch of dry beans in some rice. The frogmen as a whole ended up the de facto rulers of the Afterlife-Like Structure in a communal group that often took counsel over the lower ranked members, most of them avoiding any sort of afterlife gibbing and restructuring. Kothraki were mostly non existent in this system, being easily able to escape or walk behind people to appear as their shadows.

Crime and animosity within the structure dropped immensely. Reform was present, but it would take some time for this part of it to work its way out. Many Litigancers fought hard for defendants and the newly dead to avoid getting blobbed, but there are still many ongoing cases. Overall, a great leap forward for this very confusing place.

Just to clarify, because I think I brainfarted this on the last update, this place is now literally where all souls go when someone dies. So good job!

Avtotar – Ivory Tower

Amrakur sizzled and popped as madness juice fell out of his snakey earholes, and he wobbled dizzily. “Yesss,” he shook his head. “I can think now. Thank you, fellow ssservant of Lord Dunrandin.”

It worked!

Maldrago – Ivory Tower12

The frogmen and humans joined together as one, combining half of the known human cities into one grand ongoing project known as City One. The scale of it was immense, with frogmen getting humans to do all the legwork. Houses of healing were maintained by the frogmen-landlords as the city grew into an immense shape. But what’s this? Their construction uncovered large swathes of bone fields, most long turned to dust. The Ivory that the city rested on was brittle, though the city’s foundations rested comfortably on the bonefields beneath it. Trade itself was lucrative, with soul essence being smuggled out of the Afterlife-like Structure to allow higherups the ability to cheat death just a little.

Dunrandin – Fort Hiss

Sthiss-tor proved worthy of you, the naga organized into armies of their different elemental castes. Other races are soon commanded and put into the fold; one of the most fierce groups was a Hroon engineer troop, known for their painful hammering with their trunks. They were trained to build bridges out of bodies.

LOTR army building montage on loop.

Haamu – Soul River

The Soul River crested the banks, but instead of sideways it crossed the veil; flooding within the spaces between saw Kathraki washed away into its depriving waters. In the waking lands the river ran deceptively still, flowing lazily into the Afterlife-like Structure; in the Dreamlands, massive flooding took place, its nebulous boundaries no match for the seeking waters. Curiously, the waters themselves crested to the edges of the dreaming world, and souls from outside of this world began to flow in. Strange shapes and flashes of light flowed into the waters. Where did they come from? Regardless, the choppiness of the flowing waters misted up the Dreamlands.

The Demon Posse

The demons all stopped suddenly from their puns, one of them dropping a blob of 50 conciousnesses that he had been spitting on. Globl turned to the rest, “Pit Time?” he grinned. Harg sputtered, “Yes, the Pit.” Gruk conjured a shovel, and grossly dug a line from the Soul River to the Pit they had crafted earlier. Hass did a grotesque “chef kissing fingers” motion as the souls poured down into the pit. Kaltu grunted, “Why should the Ivory Lands get this, when we got this?” pointing to the pit, and to the souls, but got confused about what exactly he was trying to say. They all stood around the pit, oooing and ahhhing as the energy of the souls saturated the area around them. The Pit itself…was annihilation.

THE DIVINE CHALLENGE

The Tower rang like a bell to every deity; Xeuna had departed, but an offer stood on the table.

One god alone can become bound to the Ivory Tower, gaining a permanent but lowly +1 Ivory Lands Guardian domain; they could instead grant this ability to a mortal people, making the Ivory Tower a no-gods-allowed zone, forever locking them out of the tower, or as a Monkey Paw, get a single +4 Ivory Tower bonus to a roll (this is probably bad). This contest would not have to be combat (and combat is bad); there were no further details on how exactly to win this contest.

quote:

Stuff That’s Been Made or Introduced

Flora
Ash Fungus – A complex variation of fungus and distinguishable caps
Castlewort – Vines that grow castlelike structures, grows in rocks
Skullvine – Predatory vine that eats small animals, root ball resembles a skull
Brightmoss – now demon posse
Slugmoss – now demon posse
Red Creeper Vine – Vine that gains sentience the more area it covers, remnants from a previous cosmic entity

Fauna
Horde of Livestock – it is what it says it is
Ivory Leeches – now demon posse
Cave Swimmers – now demon posse
Cogfrog – now demon posse
Purple Leeches

Peoples
Kathrakos – Shadowmen, thrive in areas of contrast, Empire between the worlds
Shadow Skeletons – The less edged versions of Kathraki, skeletons with more traditional forms (but spooky shadows)
Frogmen – Frog people, very greedy and ambitious, find their ways to the top in crooked systems
Hroon – Little pink elephant craftsman, elevated by Avtotar, previous victims to Hubris, part of the Divine Custodians
Buggs – Alien style bug colony with queens, part of Divine Custodians, 1 queen in the dreamlands and 1 in the Ivory Lands
Centaurs - dnd style, has scouts that can go anywhere
Naga – Snakemen in elemental castes
Humans
????? – Dwell in Artificer City in the Dreamlands
Sandmen – Sandy but firm golem people
Cyborgs – Remnants of previous godly meddling
Mutants – Remnants of previous godly meddling

Landscape Features
Soul River – Originally a meeting of two rivers that merged, was formed as the path through the realms, now funnels souls to the Afterlife
Burning Tree – A single tree burning with no smoke in the middle of a clearing, unexplored
Vast Lake – A lake bubbling with secrets, unexplored
The Mesa – Massive tableland that rises above the land around it
Marble Quarry – Used by the pre-Hroon and current Hroon for works of grandeur
Mountaintop – Blue and White mountain w/city ontop, unexplored
Unnatural Islands – With a wayfarying sea culture, unexplored
Skyship Graveyard – Remnants of an ancient battle, unexplored
Demon Tree – Ye olde demon in a tree gag, trapped by Bubbles via contract
Megasprawl – Factory complex + storage facility + irradiated area + Blazing Jungles merge

Structures
SDHI – Expandable workshop/lab complex with steampunk trimmings
Afterlife-like Structure – Formerly Magical Prison w/Meat City, now a grifters afterlife; direct access to Soul River, processed heavily to ensure only the most deserving of justice live in the utopia, holes for smuggling, conmen and savvy at the top
Rose Cathedral/Academy/Thousand Words University – with Observatory
Fort Hiss – Formerly ruins of an ancient city that easily housed a million mortals, now a semi-living snakecastle
Artificer City – Great walled city, unexplored
Temple Complex – Scare in the world justting with Obsidian Spikes, unexplored
Copper Beer Still – Ancient and massive, green from time and weather
Ancient Sciency Ruins – unexplored
Ivory Tower – The Namesake lynchpin of the gameworld, has a lot of buttons, sits beside the soul river in the Kathraki Empire city of Penumbra
Human Villages – now with Houses of Healing standardized

Godly Baubles/Armaments/etc
Stone of Despair – A black pearl containing suffering and anguish
Existential Threats to Ivory Lands scroll – a scroll with a bunch of buttons
Spite – Sword of Spite +2 that can be used once
Clarion – Sword of Purity +2

Regions
Megasprawl
Dragons Reach

Enchantments
Godbridge – metaphysical bridge that has a delaying/obstructing effect on efforts not authorized by the Architects of Fate

Pantheons
Architects of Fate – Avtotar, GRUMBOL, Maldrogo, Dunrandin (Change +3, Creation +2)

Notable Technologies/Innovations
Shadowforged Swords – Swords made by the Kathraki
Dreamers – Elected individuals from all peoples who can navigate the dream world and assist with those that get lost
Litigancy – Magic Lawyers

Important Demigods (or equivalent in power)
Ranok-La – A lost and then found fragment of GRUMBOL of ages past, part of the Divine Custodians
Kashrut – A giant goat, long old friend of Ran’s, now leads the megaherds
Misthound Dreampack (led by Packmaster) – A puppy that wandered into these lands, now they pop around and cause mischief
Su-Chelev – Sultan of Swine, Demigod of Pigs, now a mumbler of wisdoms at the Thousand Words University
Amrakur – snakegod that was reformed by Dunrandin, now acting as bound servant to said deity
Jade Emperor – Big green dragon
Sthiss-tor – Naga High Priest, chosen of Dunrandin, many foul blessings

Otherworldly Entities/Gods/Etc
Gargantuan Squid
The Demon Posse (Globl, Harg, Gruk, Hass, Kaltu)

quote:

Worshipper Breakdown
Note that folks in Pantheons share their worshippers to a degree.

Akkri: Kathraki
Arionhod: Meat City gangs
Avtotar: Humans, Hroon
Dunrandin: Snakepeople
GRUMBOL: Buggs
Haamu: Dreamers (appointed by various societies)
Maldrogo: Frogmen, Kathraki, conmen and conwomen
Ogoria: Meat City gangs
Ran: Free Peoples everywhere, Meat City residents, cows and sheep

quote:

Mysteries of the Ivory Lands
Think of this as a place for collective notes, a good way to have the history at a glance

Previous Custodians (Divine enforcers of Contracts/Maintenance
Bubbles – a real jerk, served Apegod

Waves of Gods Arriving, newest to oldest

-Current Playergroup
-skeleton missing a jaw, angry squat miner, Kashrut, Ranok-La, grinning centaur, whale, the First Rose + Krimmoth, elderly man with abacus
-Apegod, Amrakur, Packmaster, Erinde, mischief god, others that died/went missing
- Orb, others that died
- Kashrut, whale, others that died

Implied Future Complications to the Ivory Lands
Soon to be passing through the Inhabited Zone

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Akkri Sen Tav - Penumbra

Akkri stands, head raised and eyes closed, in the echoing silence after the battle. A long moment passes and then a swordsman's instincts take over. Raising Clarion, he inspects the sword carefully. Still flawless. Akkri nods approvingly. The important thing taken care of, Akkri gives a little salute into the air. He didn't know that GRUMBOL's aid had been crucial but it had been delivered well at least. The Curved Blade flickers and Akkri Sen Tav stands in a square in Penumbra. His voice booms out.

"The Spreading Madness has been defeated. This day the Ivory Lands no longer walks the knife edge of survival. There will be other challenges ahead but in this moment of peace and celebration I would hold a grand tournament. Let it be known that the God of Blades offers boons to mortal champions of martial prowess in three night's time. Seek the arena above Penumbra."

Akkri finishes his proclamation and vanishes in a flash of steel.

Action to come.

Assets
Clarion, +2 Sword of Purity
Kathraki worshippers

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
GRUMBOL - The Divine Challenge, The Tower

Face plate cracking, it fell away from GRUMBOL. The pieces on the board a smokescreen to the true game. The pool of annihilation the demons created pleased him greatly. They gave him homage even now. While his pantheon partners had ruined one of his short term goals with the selection of creation, a minor setback like that did not daunt GRUMBOL's machinations. Akkri had struck true and ended the threat to everything, this prolonged existence. The only pause before he made his next move. GRUMBOL mused on the the good he had done where others have failed in almost everything they had tried and failed to stop.

For all the screaming and screeching, fighting in vain against fate and the unstoppable forces of the Architects of Fate...GRUMBOL viewed the veins of the soul river reaching everywhere, and other happenings...it was good.

GRUMBOL appeared where the divine challenge was to occur. He didn't do it for the paltry prize. He would gift it to the dogs. Literally. Man's best friend

He did it hoping >someone< would oppose him. So much destruction resulted in that. Would his playmates show? They had accomplished little as GRUMBOL distracted them from the true prize. The Ivory Lands themselves. The Architects of Fate continued to reach into the world that mattered as GRUMBOL divided the weak and prideful. All he had to do was bait the foolish and foolhardy. Those that arrived works would remain undone while other Architects reordered the world. He laughed. The wheels of his opposition would grind to a halt. Again.

GRUMBOL arrives at the challenge. Action to be determined.

• Followers:
      Divine Custodians: Buggs, Hroon?
  • Special:
  • Abilities:
    • Change [+3], Pantheon
    • [+2], one time use

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Dunrandin & Amrakur - Fort Hiss

Amrakur lay coiled around the massive basalt bench that Dunrandin used as a throne. The resurrected snakegod knew its place and knew that any chance to reclaim power lay in the yellow silk wrapped hand that even now moved the pieces that represented armies into position around the grand city of Maldrogo. The representations were startlingly lifelike, made up of tens of thousands of figures each, and they encirclef the vaguely opaque city that hung in the air. Each army consisted of specialized battalions of the various races and each was headed by a bronze scaled priest chosen for their ability to command and lead.

"They are in position, my god," Sthiss-tor's voice rang in the chamber. The high priest himself led the army that stood in front of the main gates. Amrakur was sure than this world had known little of mortal wars before now, but instinct was instinct and the city had been built with walls.

<<Maldrogo, though you are of our pantheon and therefore my brother, it is my will that this city falls under my rule. Fret not, for worship of the pantheon will be as a whole.>>

Though Amrakur's divine senses were weak compared to what they had been, he was still able to perceive the message his Master had broadcast. It was clear that his Master had no desire to face his brother and battle for the city, but that he was determined his will be done.

"My minion," Dunrandin said to him, "You know the plan. Minimal death, and the houses of Litigancy and Healing are inviolate and sanctuary. When the city is ours, begin construction on the Grand Cathedral. Don't forget..."

"Yes, Master," he hissed back. "Four thrones."

-----

Armies hooooooo

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Avtotar - The University District

He stood, barely visible, looking at the hustle and bustle around Thousand Words. Lawyers and magicians and magician-lawyers coming and going, researching cases and studying for exams. Meeting colleagues and having coffee with rivals. This was good. This was all very good, except that it was not in service to the Greatest Practice of all.

Not that he disliked law and lawyers, Avtotar had high respect for those professionals. It was merely that he was a patron to another sort of person. And, frankly, there ought to be a lot more doctors out here in The Ivory Lands - after all, the Centaur and The Hroon, the Human and the Naga, they had vastly different internal structure. Different metabolism. Different diets and psychology. Not to mention the Buggs and the two Kathrakoi and the Sandmen who would each need branches of medicine entirely separate from the vertebrates.

No no no no no no no no no.

This arrangement simply would not do. An entire University devoted to Law and nothing but ad-hoc arrangements of Healers for the study of medicine? Simply would not do.

Avtotar un-manifested himself, and stretched out his being. Thousand Words University had attracted a surrounding town of restaurants, apartments, hotels, and sundry. This was all fine, but it was in the way. It would have to shift outward and rotate to accommodate Avtotar's plan. Time slowed, and mortals walking east found themselves suddenly facing north and in a much broader street mid footfall. The buildings and other people were all the same, there was just suddenly much more space.

Then after another footfall, new buildings sprang into existence. Identical replicas of Thousand Words' campus, brick to brick and bench to bench. Lecture halls, observatories, small rooms, and grottos. Identical, except some colors and statues. And the mostly-empty libraries. Two complete copies - one in whites and blues, with "School of Medicine, Thanks and Glory to Avtotar" engraved above every entrance, the other in greens and purples with "School of Engineering" and a blank space above every entrance.

That ought to do it, the Architect of Fate, thought to himself.

Creating a school of medicine for myself and a school of engineering for whoever wants to claim it. Creation +2 and Change +3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Akkri Sen Tav - The Arena

The spray of massless stone from the edge of the world has given Akkri some ideas. He stands upon a mountaintop in the between lands and draws Paragon. He feet slide almost instinctively into position as he raises the blade. Then, in bright flickering fans of steel almost to quick to perceive, he begins to carve. Despite the speed his movements are relaxed and he rarely finishes a spot before whirling to strike another section of stone. It's almost a dance. The rough form of an arena takes shape swiftly. Tiers of seating surround a simple circle of cleared ground. Several quick cuts and the rough hewn stone bleeds gravity. Abruptly the tone of Akkri's movement's shift. Razor focus limns his stance and sweat breaks out on the divine brow. Several swords are drawn and sheathed in quick succession, cuts to various metaphysical underpinings. One of them twists space and the Arena appears overs the streets of Penumbra. Still Akkri's sword dance continues. Clarion is drawn and cuts a careful circle around the edge of the cleared ground. Still Akkri cuts. Chips of stone rain from the structure. Enterprising frogmen gather them and begin hawking them as holy relics before the labor is even completed. Finally Akkri sheathes a blade with finality and exhales, his body going through the old habits of exhaustion despite the true strain being born by his divinity.

It is a building. It is a sword. It is the Arena.

Akkri has attempted a great work. The simple circle at the center of the Arena is an edge that cuts away everything extraneous to the dance of blades. Those who willingly enter are shorn of power beyond the physical until they exit. This will be a worthy location for Akkri's tournament.

Use Cutting +4 and Purity +2 to create a dueling ground cleansed of outside influence.

Assets
Clarion, +2 Sword of Purity
Kathraki worshippers