Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
This reads more like the daily life of an uncertain NEET if you ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Japan never learned how to read

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

It's good GBS now has a role model thread.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

This is what he's trying to make, the rice and egg stuff.

It's common in japan. I don't like it.

Natto on the other hand, the other food he has, is good and nice, even though it looks just as gross.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Lor posted:

This is what he's trying to make, the rice and egg stuff.

It's common in japan. I don't like it.

Natto on the other hand, the other food he has, is good and nice, even though it looks just as gross.

Same, except the other way around

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Natto is disgusting. There's a reason why you never see people jizzing about it when they make those food adventures in Japan videos

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

voted 5 op good thread

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
There was this guy in my dorm in Tokyo who would eat nothing but rice and natto for every meal (well, every meal that the dorm cafeteria offered rice). Us foreign students thought it was gross, the Japanese students thought it was sad.

Perhaps that guy was a NEET and we never knew...

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Since we're coming upon the last page before the important choice, I might charge through to it quickly because I'm really excited to find out which direction we'll be taking Tohru for the foreseeable future.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Just gonna be the first to point out that at least three of his four recollections of having any passion in life are creepy and sexual. Not sure about the one where he's holding a crab or whatever, maybe.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

So his mental picture of youth and optimism is him molesting a little girl, a beetle, a mannequin and a lady walking in the street

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I think they're the same age, she's just offset due to angle.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
motivations: sex, food, respect

skills: reflective and shaming inner voice

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
are all NEETs guilty or are some proud?

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
It's that weird pride that goons have for being horrible people.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

edit: oh crap, i just realized i missed a sound effect in the first panel there.
im too lazy to fix it.

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 13, 2018

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Thinkin' about that beetle.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Lol kid really wants to be on tv.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
OP is a super cool guy and this comic is entertaining

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Next update is voting, by the way. Probably in the next couple hours. Get hype for choice!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I vote he feels he's too overworked and inters himself in one of those fake Korean jails.

Also, how did you learn all the words for the sound effects, OP? I can never seem to find a good dictionary for those.

Edit: Also, raw egg and rice is delicious, as is raw egg and ramen.
Natto - not so much...

Why'd his face get cut into two panels?

More edit: They should throw the narrator on TV, he seems to be pretty good at debating. The protagonist mostly just ignores him though, so maybe he's not so well-suited to debating.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 13, 2018

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IT'S TIME TO VOTE

1 - Continue being a NEET
2 - Get part-time job
3 - Begin life of crime

The first choice is crossed out cuz it's a joke "game over" that's only a single page and I'll do it regardless as a bonus update whenever. The other 2 choices are both legit tho, so we're choosing between those.

Here's generally what I know about the choices. They're kind of like an A-side and a B-side of the site, the A-side (part-time job) being the sort of "main" story, since characters from that are on the site's banner and all, but the B-side (crime) still gets its fair share of love (and a branch of it is still currently updating). It just so happens that I've read about 75 pages of the "crime" branch, so I know that it is both hilarious and also absolutely not what you probably expect or wanted. I can only imagine that's also true for the other branches.

For reference, here is pretty much how the storyline is branched, based on the menu:

neet leads to crime or job. (and, for scale, this has been 6 pages)
crime ends after 101 pages, OR at some indeterminate point in the middle, a mystery path branches off that is still updating at 118 pages.
job is still updating at 223 pages, and also some mystery path branching from it that's still updating with 150 pages.
in other words, there are 3 known active paths and 1 "complete" path

Does that make sense?

PLEASE BOLD YOUR VOTE.
I think I'll probably give it 24 hours or so.

Edit: the thread chose path 3 (of loving course), so continue on for that one, which is currently ongoing. To see path 2, which is also ongoing with far fewer pages released, click here.

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 17, 2020

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

CRIME

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
CRIMES, CRIMES, CRIMES!

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I'm a crimes man

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

CRIME of course

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
let's see some Crimes

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
CRIME

taco season
Oct 10, 2014

College Slice
Working is the real failure (CRIME).

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...
CRIME

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
A life of Crime will shape this loser up. Or not, who cares, it'll be hilarious to see him in jail.

He's probably gonna just steal money from his relatives or something, I'm guessing.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Gonna be boring and pick PART TIME JOB

Really don’t want to see what the kind of person that treasures looking at girl’s panties gets up to criminally

Also an rear end in a top hat boss would be funny

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Part Time Job. I want to see him try to keep a job, I get the vibe he'll flip out at the first sign of anything requiring effort in the real world.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Part Time Job. I want to see him fail at getting an entry level job because he is 29 and has no experience or references.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Crime.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Job

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Part time job because Im hoping it leads to a cute romance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archives
Nov 23, 2008
Crime wanna see this ugly mother fucker try to sling some rock.