Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's obviously Mysterio from the 616 universe being a good guy, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sir Kodiak posted:

You think these are the same suits in different lighting?

Didn't even notice the shoulder straps or weird headpiece things.

I'm sticking with my "Vulture made this suit" idea.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DLC Inc posted:

having Sandman/Hydroman/Molten Man as fake "special effects" instead of real villains would actually be a genius move in relation to Mysterio and now I hope that's the twist. I can't imagine it going any other way because 4 villains in one movie would be overstuffed as gently caress.

Years ago I had an idea about Mysterio doing this in a movie but with Spider-Man's various classic Hollywood monster villains: Morbius (Dracula), Carrion (Mummy), and Man-Wolf.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I don't believe this Spider-Man can fly!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDL9VxLqdvw

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Something about this black and red spiderman suit is really putting me in mind of 70's japanese spiderman,i think it's the eyes.
Especially that shot of him on the speed-boat.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Sir Kodiak posted:

You think these are the same suits in different lighting?

It's a well known fact that goons are bad at watching movies.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cythereal posted:

Huh. I just rewatched the trailer and it looked to me like the same suit as in the rest of the trailer, just in lovely lighting.

You're fuckin' blind bruh.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Fart City posted:

Part of me wonders if it’s a soft prequel and will end with Peter on the bus we see in Infinity War, coming back from the airport or something.

This is almost definitely what will happen.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Something about this newest Spider-Man is making it hard to be excited for. Maybe the MCU is finally past its peak

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Snowman_McK posted:

This is almost definitely what will happen.

Why? Doesn’t it come out months after Avengers? Also none of this can actually be “spoiled”

Its Coke posted:

Something about this newest Spider-Man is making it hard to be excited for. Maybe the MCU is finally past its peak

Indeed

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
I guess it could just be that it has the most unfortunate timing possible (between Infinity War movies + Spiderverse just came out so who gives a gently caress about this kid)

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

Why? Doesn’t it come out months after Avengers? Also none of this can actually be “spoiled”

It's Spiderman having a completely normal Spiderman adventure with no sign that the world just ended. Also, Nick Fury is very much not disintergrated.

Also, they keep demonstrating that the 'share universe' doesn't loving matter at all. And people keep pretending it does, and then being surprised that it turns out not to matter.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It just occurred to me that Happy is still there, I wonder what that means for Tony's survival chance?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Guy A. Person posted:

It just occurred to me that Happy is still there, I wonder what that means for Tony's survival chance?

Last we saw him he was the chief of security at Stark Industries, working for Pepper rather than Tony.

I am seriously expecting Tony to bite it in Endgame, and after seeing Spiderverse today, I think I'd be just fine if he gave Holland the great responsibility line as his send-off. Fits both Peter and Tony's own character arc.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Its Coke posted:

You probably just have depression.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Last we saw him he was the chief of security at Stark Industries, working for Pepper rather than Tony.

I am seriously expecting Tony to bite it in Endgame, and after seeing Spiderverse today, I think I'd be just fine if he gave Holland the great responsibility line as his send-off. Fits both Peter and Tony's own character arc.

That would have some unfortunate implications, but (so?) I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

pospysyl posted:

That would have some unfortunate implications, but (so?) I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Eh, Spiderverse just did a fine job showing you can depart from the standard Spidey formula and still have a good story.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Bedshaped posted:

You probably just have depression.

I'm actually feeling better about everything than I typically do EXCEPT live action spider-man

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

tony stark getting that line would be godawful

so it's absolutely going to happen

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Snowman_McK posted:

Also, they keep demonstrating that the 'share universe' doesn't loving matter at all. And people keep pretending it does, and then being surprised that it turns out not to matter.

lol they can't even keep Peter Parker's bedroom consistent in the three appearances its made. Bunk beds? No bunk beds? What's continuity?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Eh, Spiderverse just did a fine job showing you can depart from the standard Spidey formula and still have a good story.

Well, the difference would be that instead of kind, innocent Uncle Ben telling Peter to aspire to serve others with his abilities, it's a billionaire weapons manufacturer inducting a child into the military industrial complex as a paramilitary soldier.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I’ll always remember the lesson taught to me by a guy who barely ever interacted with me except to yell at me for wanting to use my powers.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

What if Spider-man's AI sidekick is killed, and she's the one who says the line?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fart City posted:

lol they can't even keep Peter Parker's bedroom consistent in the three appearances its made. Bunk beds? No bunk beds? What's continuity?

People do change how their bedroom looks fyi.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

pospysyl posted:

a billionaire weapons manufacturer inducting a child into the military industrial complex as a paramilitary soldier.
________________________ /

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cythereal posted:

is this peter parker not supposed to be a poor high schooler?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Brother Entropy posted:

is this peter parker not supposed to be a poor high schooler?

Poor people can change their furniture, too.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I’m not willing to harp on the bedroom stuff just yet, the skyline out the window could be yet to be replaced or at a bad angle and a change in furniture isn’t that big of a deal. There are plenty of things to poo poo on MCU Spider-Man for.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Cythereal posted:

oh word, do they change where the window is built into the wall too?

To be clear, my issue is that we don't get a lot of character development in the MCU to begin with. Peter's room was at least something.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Every now and then, this thread reminds me that People Who Care About Movies are an alien species.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Every now and then, this thread reminds me that People Who Care About Movies are an alien species.

caring about things is cool, you should try it sometime

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

lmao you are in the film subforum chiefer sutherland

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I couldn't care less if the set for Pete's bedroom is different but we only have a trailer to go on. Do we even know if he lives in the same place?

Actually now that I think about it didn't the room change between Civil War and Homecoming?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
cythereal: psssh, how can you people CARE about MOVIES?

also cythereal, just a few posts ago: these two characters look exactly alike

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

cythereal: psssh, how can you people CARE about MOVIES?

also cythereal, just a few posts ago: these two characters look exactly alike

Oh I care, just not to the extreme of nit-picking poo poo like that.

Then again I also think Tony Stark is the most compelling character in the MCU generally, bar Marvel's tendency to forget and reset his character arc every other movie, so I'm used to disagreeing with this thread's prevailing moods.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Cythereal posted:

the extreme nitpicking of recognizing that the black suit is not the red suit?

oof

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Its Coke posted:

Could be that the character already mega-died of random disintegration by space idiots and was essentially replaced, offscreen, with a transporter duplicate. And that’s not even in a film; it’s something you just infer from like a half-dozen MCU trailers.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Then again I also think Tony Stark is the most compelling character in the MCU generally, bar Marvel's tendency to forget and reset his character arc every other movie, so I'm used to disagreeing with this thread's prevailing moods.

what's compelling about a character who you agree doesn't ever get to change or grow?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Cythereal posted:

Set dressing is as much text in film as costuming. Sam Raimi didn’t have an issue maintaining consistency with Peter’s dingy little apartment between Spider-Man 2 and 3, but set your standards where you want I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Brother Entropy posted:

what's compelling about a character who you agree doesn't ever get to change or grow?

That his actor has more charisma than most of the other cast and I think his core character arc is more compelling than that of the other heroes. I also like how deeply and visibly flawed Tony is, what tends to bug me most about the likes of Captain America and Superman is how perfect and good and untroubled by any ambiguity or shades of grey they are. They, to me, are unrealistically good good guys, and I like that for Tony it's a struggle to be a good guy. I think it gives him depth and texture you don't see with a lot of the other supers. Tony's allowed to make mistakes and gently caress up and still be in character as a fundamentally good guy. Thor at least found his footing with me when Watiti figured out that Hemsworth is a natural at comedy and shifted from serious space wizard god drama to action comedy.