Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the student has not surpassed the master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i want wilfork to get in because i think if they put him in they put ngata in too but i have no faith

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This game just proves that Nick Foles is one of the greatest QBs of all time.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

SKULL.GIF posted:

The NFC is also way more entertaining to watch, has way better team colors and uniforms, and has a lot more rotation for which teams and quarterbacks end up good every year.

Like three quarters of the AFC uses white as a primary team color and it's so*loving*boring.

Until the buccaneers and eagles go back to their old uniforms this is fundamentally untrue.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

i want wilfork to get in because i think if they put him in they put ngata in too but i have no faith

i want him to get in so i can see him get fitted for a suit

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sponges posted:

I look forward to next season when the AFC stumbles all over themselves in the playoffs leading to another Patriots SB.

Dissolve the AFC and let the Pats in by default.

conference so trash you gotta pray that the good conference saves you from having to play a good team

belicheck era: nfc is 3-6 against the patriots, .33% win percentage

The Afc Field is 8-9 42%. looks like the stumbling is coming from Inside The lovely Nfc

e: a curse upon anyone who tries to dispute The Facts with real facts about win percentage

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This game just proves that Nick Foles is one of the greatest QBs of all time.

:hmmyes:

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

conference so trash you gotta pray that the good conference saves you from having to play a good team

That hardly happens. You have one competent team in the entire drat conference. The AFC is a plague on this sport.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1092293213879263232

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sponges posted:

That hardly happens. You have one competent team in the entire drat conference. The AFC is a plague on this sport.

you quoted me in a post where i point out that the afc saving you guys from a good team happens more than the nfc winning against them. and again how is having a good team a mark against the conference, youd think the conference with the best teams would be the best but then if you watch nfc football you have to be brain damaged smh

3 pts

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Man, I thought conference solidarity was dumb in college football. This is a whole nother level of stupid. Who cares if the NFC is good I only care if my team is good or not

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Can someone draw a new ugly piece of fanart for Aaron Schatz so he can finally update his avatar

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the nfc had a sub .500 team make it to the playoffs once.

Zyla posted:

oh also that was brady's worst perfomance by QB rating, 30 points lower than usual, almost 75 points lower than last year

brady played like poo poo. a bunch of his 3rd down incompletions where he threw to covered guys edelman or gronk were wide open.

also dunno why bill didn't run michel more - they woulda put it away a lot sooner. (it's because he's a racist trump kisser.)

the d played lights out. dunno where the gently caress that came from.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

browns fans how many banners is only getting a fg in the superbowl worth

VVV 3 multi superbowl winners to 1. thats three times as many

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 4, 2019

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

you quoted me in a post where i point out that the afc saving you guys from a good team happens more than the nfc winning against them. and again how is having a good team a mark against the conference, youd think the conference with the best teams would be the best but then if you watch nfc football you have to be brain damaged smh

3 pts

One. Good. Team.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
a superbowl FG is worth exactly one(1) pennant (medium sized)

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Man, I thought conference solidarity was dumb in college football. This is a whole nother level of stupid. Who cares if the NFC is good I only care if my team is good or not

I know but ghost dog is dumb and it’s fun to wind him up

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

u, a moron: the team that had the worst scoring day since the 2000 bc championship game is...the better team

me, an intellectual: the nfc is loving garbage

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

(three points)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Honestly after seeing the Chiefs/Rams game with over 100 points in the regular season I never thought we’d see a defensive game like this in the playoffs let alone the Super Bowl again. That’s crazy and I have no idea how it happened.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

u, a moron: the team that had the worst scoring day since the 2000 bc championship game is...the better team

me, an intellectual: the nfc is loving garbage

Maybe the Ravens will finally make the AFC look respectable. They just need a QB who can make a forward pass.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
reality: goff is a System/Trashman Quarterback and the rams never regained their explosiveness after losing cooper kupp

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It’s a shame the actual best team in the NFC wasn’t in the game so, sadly, we just can’t draw any conclusions from this one.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly after seeing the Chiefs/Rams game with over 100 points in the regular season I never thought we’d see a defensive game like this in the playoffs let alone the Super Bowl again. That’s crazy and I have no idea how it happened.

the nfc playoffs are a stumbling mess of morons just loving tripping over their feet failing upward till they get the honor of being embarrassed in the superbowl invalidating them and anyone who roots for them

sponges posted:

Maybe the Ravens will finally make the AFC look respectable. They just need a QB who can make a forward pass.

how forward we talking cause you get a lot of leeway on option pitches

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The answer was there in front of you all along:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Goff sucks
Gurly who the gently caress knows

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the defense deserved the mvp.

TheBuckmister
Oct 18, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

The answer was there in front of you all along:

"No one believed in us, so I made you watch this game."

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I missed the entire thing and am quite glad of it

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Patriots do the best if their best players sit out the 1st 4 games.

Gronk should've been suspended for some substance thing & gone full :krakken: on the NFL.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
that was the the most boring game i have ever seen

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Same

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I missed the entire thing and am quite glad of it

I didn't realize Jared Goff had an account.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Steelers/Dolphins Mud Game was more fun to watch, mainly because the field fought both teams and won.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwu7ar3IJcQ

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

The NC State basketball team scored 24 points in an entire game and is somehow not the worst offensive performance of the weekend.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

They tried to gently caress up even that FG by getting sacked on 3rd down to make it difficult.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wendys/status/1092266802283974656

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Cardinals Seahawks overtime soccer game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
can anyone say "the NFL is competitive" without laughing