Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Codeacious posted:

How much time will EA spend on Anthem

I'm guessing 2 minutes of "we care!" followed by a 30 second trailer of cosmetics

EA isn't doing anything this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Codeacious posted:

I'm guessing 2 minutes of "we care!" followed by a 30 second trailer of cosmetics

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealBenGilbert/status/1133772909779050497

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

eonwe posted:

I just found out they are doing a Rayman 2 speedrun prior to the Ubisoft conference

if you link your ubisoft and twitch accounts, and watch at least 30 minutes of it, they'll give you a free copy of Rayman: Origins

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tim Whatley posted:

Which corporate executive will Randy Pitchford physically assault this year

Himself, strangely enough.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I remember being so hyped for the first Fable.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I remember being so hyped for the first Fable.

Me too. One of my biggest gaming disappointments. I was so into Morrowind at the time, and expected that and more. I beat the final boss, wondering "ok, when does the game begin?" And then the credits started.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I liked Fable 1

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

I liked Fable 1

Real question, did you follow the pre-release hype cycle, or did you play it a while later after it got cheap?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Project Ego

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

thank gently caress I didn't fall for Destiny 1.5

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Detective No. 27 posted:

Real question, did you follow the pre-release hype cycle, or did you play it a while later after it got cheap?

I followed it, didn't buy it, then got it years later when Fable 2 came out. I thought both games were great.

3 was dogshit

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

As stated, I was super disappointed by it. I got a job at GameCrazy a couple years after it came out and it was always a pretty good seller. People genuinely loved it. I figured that was the key to liking the series. Tested the theory with Fable 2, waited for that to hit the $20 level as a blind buy and I ended up really liking it.

Never did play Fable 3 though.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Codeacious posted:

2 and a half whole minutes for Anthem? No way, they'll just show a clip or two of it in their intro and outro

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anthem looks generic enough to the fake game on a graphics card packaging.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wanna meet the person who is excited for the EA conference I do not actually want to meet this person

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't remember lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the most exciting thing EA could do would be to announce they're selling the IP rights to Dead Space to Sledgehammer Games

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

At this point it'd be thrilling to see Fromsoft get back to making mech games of any kind

They're making an Armored Core of some kind, you just gotta be patient.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
EA has had the Star Wars license exclusively for 6 years now and they've put out 2 games in the same series. Everyone wants more Star Wars games but they're coming out at such a glacial pace.

Fallen Order sounds interesting, but I really want the license to be freed up. I kinda hope Disney goes the Games Workshop route and let's just about anyone use the license in the future. Sure there will be a lot of terrible games, but WH40k has at least gotten some fairly unique and interesting ones.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Macaluso posted:

I wanna meet the person who is excited for the EA conference I do not actually want to meet this person

yeah what do they have now that bioware is loving dead

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

At this point it'd be thrilling to see Fromsoft get back to making mech games of any kind

theres this rumored grrm game too

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm not not sure I could defend them as good games per say but I always did enjoy the Fable series. I found them kinda cozy and charming even if they never had a good ending to any of them.

I do kinda wonder about the character customization though. I always liked how you went from 5 foot nothing and scrawny and just kinda slowed turned into a meat castle so that should stay in. And also they should keep the guns.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

yeah what do they have now that bioware is loving dead

EA's never cared about what they have now. They've only cared about finding the next studio to buy and put down.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

DLC Inc posted:

the most exciting thing EA could do would be to announce they're selling the IP rights to Dead Space to Sledgehammer Games

But then we won't get to see Issac Clarke in Skate 4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKihpnrpXnA

Surprisingly he could just be unlocked by a cheat code. I say surprisingly because by time the game came out I think DLC and microtransactions had pretty much run cheat codes out of town.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wild how years back I thought Ubisoft and EA were neck and neck in terms of bland poo poo being put out but then Ubisoft started giving a poo poo and have supported things like Siege/For Honor/Wildlands/Division for a really long stretch of time and did surprising things like develop AC for longer and do an XCOM Mario game. Meanwhile Anthem has been scrubbed from the E3 docket after just 3 loving months lol.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The combat in fable 2 was so bad

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I really hope this is going to be another terrible E3 with loads of errors, screw ups and awkward moments. Please baby jebus make it so :frog:

Is there a goon stream on twitch or discord where we can all take the piss together ?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Popete posted:

EA has had the Star Wars license exclusively for 6 years now and they've put out 2 games in the same series. Everyone wants more Star Wars games but they're coming out at such a glacial pace.

Fallen Order sounds interesting, but I really want the license to be freed up. I kinda hope Disney goes the Games Workshop route and let's just about anyone use the license in the future. Sure there will be a lot of terrible games, but WH40k has at least gotten some fairly unique and interesting ones.

It's a little crude (ignoring mobile and such) but I've enjoyed this image a lot in the past.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah yes what the world market is definitely clamoring for at this point in time: more star wars garbage

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

ah yes what the world market is definitely clamoring for at this point in time: more star wars garbage

If the games are good I don't care if they are Star Wars or not

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

they'd be developed by EA

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
This is the year, I can feel it in my blood this time. The World Ends With 2, baby!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
It's me, I'm the one who was always excited for EA conferences to announce the next Need for Speed. A shame that they seem to have let that series die out.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Caidin posted:

This is the year, I can feel it in my blood this time. The World Ends With 2, baby!

you get your wish, but the monkey's paw curls and it's a F2P mobile Kingdom Hearts tie in.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i loving love that EA's big media day concludes with

uhhh do you.. do you guys like sims 4? uhh we're just gonna play it for an hour i guess

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Are games gettin worse

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

they’re exactly as bad as they’ve always been

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Games are good, games publishers not so much.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i would really like to play Jedi Knight III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Games are good, games publishers not so much.

Can I interest you in a small investment into Star Citizen?