Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Ditching him was good. Ditching him for Schottenheimer was very very bad.
This is the correct answer. It was nearly impossible to downgrade, but boy howdy Pete sure loving managed to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Well its hard not to be jazzed about packers being 3-0, even if the offense is still a major work in progress and disappears for quarters and halves at a time. It's gotten better each week though, so maybe by week 8 they will be scoring 35 a game. In any event, the D is legit, although they tend to get gashed on the ground. I'm definitely worried about the Dallas game, given our penchant for giving up big runs. I'd be more worried about the eagles next week since they are really falling behind in their division and are going to be throwing everything at us to win, but they can't actually catch footballs. When do their receivers come back, cause I sure hope it's not by Thursday.

if you told me before week 1 that the Packers would start 3-0 I would have asked "oh man that's great, Rodgers must really be balling out"

but he isn't really, which means that the Packers could be really, really scary if everyone gets their heads on straight by playoff time

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I’ll still maintain after the Super Bowl play call I’ll never trust him again

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Whoever was playing Dawson Knox today...perfect truck sticks.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Today my team lost to a better team, but they only lost because refs are stupid and the world is cruel. No big. Excited to gently caress up the overhyped Browns next week.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Chichevache posted:

Keeping Cable around is an anchor that makes evaluation of any offensive coordinator absolutrly unfair and impossible. FOH, clown.

Counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1175900567400570886?s=19

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

DC Murderverse posted:

if you told me before week 1 that the Packers would start 3-0 I would have asked "oh man that's great, Rodgers must really be balling out"

but he isn't really, which means that the Packers could be really, really scary if everyone gets their heads on straight by playoff time

You've played the Bears, the Broncos, and the Vikings. At least two of those teams look like they suck really bad.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Strobe posted:

You've played the Bears, the Broncos, and the Vikings. At least two of those teams look like they suck really bad.

it's 3 poopy offenses and 3 pretty good defenses

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Strobe posted:

Nah, Bears and Viking are legit wins.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Leon Einstein posted:

Nah, Bears and Viking are legit wins.

Bears aren't, denver had them beat barring absolutely bonkers string of events at the end

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kawalimus owns, like the sports equivalent of getfiscal, and I'm really happy he still has the avatar I got for him back in the day. I'm happy this is his year and he's going to doomsay the Ravens into winning a Super Bowl.

gently caress Baltimore though.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my dumbass was looking for the Jags score

:downs:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Smart flag I guess, better than a TD

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

wilderthanmild posted:

Smart flag I guess, better than a TD

And that TD is as bad as a TD

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Jason Varett bad?

Edit. I'm bad and dumb. Wrong thread.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Probably Magic posted:

Kawalimus owns, like the sports equivalent of getfiscal, and I'm really happy he still has the avatar I got for him back in the day. I'm happy this is his year and he's going to doomsay the Ravens into winning a Super Bowl.

gently caress Baltimore though.

Thanks yet again for the avatar. I really do appreciate it. The bird's face is somehow so perfect for me!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Strobe posted:

All three are nearly complete teams held back by their QBs.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Strobe posted:

theres only like 3 good teams in the nfl tbh

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the nfl is scripted

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Hot Diggity! posted:

All three are nearly complete teams held back by their QBs.

Yeah. Held waaaaay, waaaaaay back by their QBs. GB's defense hasn't been tested against a non-poo poo offense yet this season.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Takeaways - 5
Points - 6

The best graphic.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

theres only like 3 good teams in the nfl tbh

Very possibly. Chiefs. Patriots. Ravens. ...maybe Rams? And everything else isn't worth the money on any bet.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

Very possibly. Chiefs. Patriots. Ravens. ...maybe Rams? And everything else isn't worth the money on any bet.

No it's Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Patriots right now. Ravens aren't quite there yet. But those four are far and away the best.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kawalimus posted:

No it's Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Patriots right now. Ravens aren't quite there yet.

I’d say cowboys chiefs patriots ravens but not packers yet. They did not look good week one.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

ulmont posted:

I’d say cowboys chiefs patriots ravens but not packers yet. They did not look good week one.

Week 1 is less and less important as the year goes on. Ravens have bad problems in the secondary and Jackson still has some hangups.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jags ain't losing another game this season.

:colbert:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

No it's Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Patriots right now. Ravens aren't quite there yet. But those four are far and away the best.

That game 1 for Packers didn't look great and the Cowboys haven't proven anything to me and I don't believe in Dak or Jason Garrette at all. The Ravens kept up with one of the most potent offenses in football in an away game, that's impressive to me. Lamar had some ridiculous plays today.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Some real disrespect to the undefeated Buffalo "Bills Bitch" Bills

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The Bills are what we all thought the Browns would be.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I was hoping we'd be able to go a little longer without people finding out how fraudulent we were but drat, gg Saints

Kamara is a monster jfc

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Guys the Seahawks are also... lol sorry couldn’t keep a straight face

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bills are on probationary period. They really have to prove something before I can take them seriously. They're one of those types of teams.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Probably Magic posted:

That game 1 for Packers didn't look great and the Cowboys haven't proven anything to me and I don't believe in Dak or Jason Garrette at all. The Ravens kept up with one of the most potent offenses in football in an away game, that's impressive to me. Lamar had some ridiculous plays today.

While the three teams the cowboys beat are all bad, they have convincingly and dominantly beat each of them.

Jason Garrett has next to no input on gameday and the OC actually calls plays that complement the offense. The WRs look good and Dak has genuinely been playing well.

I'm not saying you should crown them, but the Cowboys have earned the right to be called good right now. They have one of the highest point differentials in the league.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Who did they play so far?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Leon Einstein posted:

Who did they play so far?

Giants (with Eli at QB), Washington, and Dolphins.

Three not good teams.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kyle Allen did a thing and the Panthers got a bunch of sacks today. Good loving poo poo. Turns out this offense is actually capable of stuff when they have a QB who is... alive.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers are 3-0 with Kyle Allen starting all season.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was an absurd game. 4 turnovers in the first half, but thankfully Rudolph sucks so they only managed 6 points. 49ers defense was playing great, until Witherspoon was hurt and Steelers took advantage of it. But thankfully after that dismall dispaly 49ers defense answered, keeping it alive for the team. After that fumble I thought it was over but then Buckner forcing that fumble saved the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i can't believe the world laughed a duke quarterback being good into existence