Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I got some bad news for you.

What? There's a legalization bill going through the house/Senate. We can't vote on it though, I don't really understand that.

It won't pass, but you never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
OP is such a wet blanket lol

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
RIP the OP ate too much weed

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Eating weed is quite a different experience than smoking it but if you feel you have to op call 911 and say "I think I'm dead"

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

I Brake For MILFs posted:

What? There's a legalization bill going through the house/Senate. We can't vote on it though, I don't really understand that.

It won't pass, but you never know.
The petition to put it on the ballot got less than half the signatures necessary.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
When I visited Cali last year I tried dabs for the first time and was on the verge of freaking out. My brother gave me a pastrami and turned on the shower for me. He said eat that and chill in there until you're cool. He's a good bro.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

It's like you invited us over for the new game your mom bought you, but now we're in your basements havin a sleepover and you're idk... upstairs reading? Moving on with your life?

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

The petition to put it on the ballot got less than half the signatures necessary.

Oh gently caress. I didn't know that.

Florida No-weed State 2020 :smith:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

numberoneposter posted:

Did I just OD on OJ?

Yes, you just drank 1,000mg of MD OJ. The medical part was cannabis, you are going to have a very bad time

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I read a vice article (lol) about how the writer drank a whole bottle of weed lube and it didn't disappoint.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Honestly, if i had a weird freakout or some psychotic break it would have been far more interesting.

Instead I felt just kind of generally uncomfortable, and a bit slow. I think I was just expecting too much

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Garrand posted:

Honestly, if i had a weird freakout or some psychotic break it would have been far more interesting.

Instead I felt just kind of generally uncomfortable, and a bit slow. I think I was just expecting too much

What TV shows weed like with hallucinations is closer to LSD, what TV shows as LSD is closer to a full on deliriant like Jimsonweed. TV drunk is probably closest to what a cannabis high would be.

You can certainly get light closed eye visuals with swirly patterns with weed, but walls morphing colors changing that's more the realm of harder drugs.

What are you hoping to get out of it? Are you just interested? Stop trying to force it just go with the flow do stuff you normally enjoy.

What I find best about it is it lets me instantly forget about work and everything else in life and just enjoy whatever I'm doing for entertainment. Sober I'm going to think about work pause whatever I'm doing check an email, or other stupid stuff that wastes my weekend and I'm under no obligation to do until Monday at 9AM. It helps you relax that's all. It also makes complex thinking a bit more difficult.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
just start a new good video game and pop an edible when you start and play for like 8 hours - have chips on hand, maybe sun chips, your call.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Garrand posted:

Edibles will give you this kind of high. If you took an indica edible, even more so.

If you ever wanted to try it again, smoke a sativa or hybrid- you will get a different experience; especially wherein you don't get that muddy feeling.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

The Walrus posted:

just start a new good video game and pop an edible when you start and play for like 8 hours - have chips on hand, maybe sun chips, your call.

Okay, this is what I'm gonna do on Monday. using a normal dose and see if I can just sit down and play a game without worrying about work or other bullshit.

In all honesty when I think about it I'm just trying to self medicate because I'm having issues getting to a doctor to actually get some antidepressants and poo poo.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Garrand posted:

using a normal dose and see if I can just sit down and play a game without worrying about work or other bullshit.
Going into it without anything to worry about is a great idea. I'm a proponent of using SSRI's, but there's about a hundred of them and trying different ones over a long time is the only way to find the right one for a certain person, as far as I can tell. Find the right one and it will improve your life without side effects, or an accompanying high, which is honestly better.

From my experience at least.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
love to see new people brought to the glory of the pipe. you are one of us now

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

weed isnt for everybody if you dont like it thats cool nbd

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Garrand posted:

Okay, this is what I'm gonna do on Monday. using a normal dose and see if I can just sit down and play a game without worrying about work or other bullshit.

In all honesty when I think about it I'm just trying to self medicate because I'm having issues getting to a doctor to actually get some antidepressants and poo poo.

if thats your aim then you dont want to be heroic dosing. 10mg should be fine with no tolerance. make sure you are eating it with not much in your stomach (but not nothing) as it makes quite a difference. also don't spend the whole time second guessing your state of mind, just enjoy the video game, or whatever else you're doing.

honestly I would also consider just getting a cheap vape pen and oil cart or a flower vape and some nice actual weed. i love weed but not edibles not really so much.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Walrus posted:

honestly I would also consider just getting a cheap vape pen and oil cart or a flower vape and some nice actual weed. i love weed but not edibles not really so much.

It's ironic because edibles are way harder to plan for, way easier to misdose, and in general way more "advanced" than just smoking some flower or concentrate. But for some reason all the newbies instantly go for the edibles. I know several who had such awful experiences their first times (one even got arrested) that they stopped doing weed forever.

Just go to the shop and get a disposable pen or whatever. Then you can just smoke it until you're high enough and then stop. None of this guessing game nonsense, no panic attacks, no hospital visits, no drama

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Play posted:

It's ironic because edibles are way harder to plan for, way easier to misdose, and in general way more "advanced" than just smoking some flower or concentrate. But for some reason all the newbies instantly go for the edibles. I know several who had such awful experiences their first times (one even got arrested) that they stopped doing weed forever.

Just go to the shop and get a disposable pen or whatever. Then you can just smoke it until you're high enough and then stop. None of this guessing game nonsense, no panic attacks, no hospital visits, no drama

:yeah:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Play posted:

Yeah this is extremely true

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
Yeaaah and if you get too high on edibles that poo poo will last way longer and prolong your misery. Whereas smoking bud gives you pretty instant feedback on how high you are and won't gently caress you up for 4-5 hours.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Garrand posted:

if we're talkin self medication, edibles are usually for physical issues like chronic pain afaik. bigass doses are for cancer patients. it's smoking/vaping all the way for mental, plus you can actually pace yourself & experiment more slowly.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

If others are anything like me, I went for edibles because of simplicity of ingestion. I've never smoked or Vaped and don't own a vape and wouldn't know where to begin whereas eating some gummies is no hassle.

Also lol that my phone autocapitalized Vaped.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
just get a disposable pen, it could not possibly be more idiot proof. start with a half second inhale, hold for 10 seconds. wait 10 mins. repeat as necessary.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Garrand posted:

If others are anything like me, I went for edibles because of simplicity of ingestion. I've never smoked or Vaped and don't own a vape and wouldn't know where to begin whereas eating some gummies is no hassle.

And that makes perfect sense on the surface, you're don't smoke things but you're definitely familiar with eating them so let's just stick with what we know, right? It makes sense but its still kinda wrong

Also that's why I suggested those disposable vape pens, you don't need paraphernalia it's self-contained. I'm not saying there are totally right and wrong ways to do it, you can do it either way, but edibles are risky and if I were advising a newbie I'd start with some low-shelf flower or a vape pen to get them accustomed. I've seen way too many people lose their poo poo and call the ambulance on edibles to feel otherwise

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

The Walrus posted:

just get a disposable pen, it could not possibly be more idiot proof. start with a half second inhale, hold for 10 seconds. wait 10 mins. repeat as necessary.

For real. Get one that's draw activated and there's nothing to really think about. Just realize you don't need a big draw of it, you can only get so high

I got one for my dad, told him to just have a short puff. He was not used to concentrate. He took a huge seconds-long draw on it like a joint and held. A minute later he was ghost white and had to lie down. He was ok after a short nap and stoned for a few hours

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

marijuana is not really a substitue for antidepressants and you shouldn't expect it to be. Also rather than video games and gorging on snack food I would recommend smoking before going on a long distance jog or weight lifting. Marijuana is good for "getting in the zone," which makes it nice during any repetitive task, especially those which can be slow or boring. Smoking weed and watching tv for 8 hours is bad for you, that's not the kind of zone you want to be in, especially if have the kind of behavioral issues that require medication. Smoking weed and jogging six miles however is very good for you. Rather than using weed as a way to escape your problems, use it as a reward for putting in the work to overcome them.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Yup you can find one of those electronic pens online for any price. The cartridges are the way to go, and if you are a light smoker one of them will last a long time.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah weed and gym is a pro combo. Just don't get too high, you don't want to weird people out. Unless you have your own set up in which case you can go as high as you want

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Garrand posted:

understandable, but it's kinda just a bad way to get into it. as lifelong nonsmoker until hitting the weed i was coughing like a bastard at the start, but i would still 100% recommend starting with a small cheap bong, quick youtube howto (it's easy) and start doing some small hits, chilling 5-10mins between to see if you even need more.

Squalid posted:

marijuana is not really a substitue for antidepressants and you shouldn't expect it to be. Also rather than video games and gorging on snack food I would recommend smoking before going on a long distance jog or weight lifting. Marijuana is good for "getting in the zone," which makes it nice during any repetitive task, especially those which can be slow or boring. Smoking weed and watching tv for 8 hours is bad for you, that's not the kind of zone you want to be in, especially if have the kind of behavioral issues that require medication. Smoking weed and jogging six miles however is very good for you. Rather than using weed as a way to escape your problems, use it as a reward for putting in the work to overcome them.
i would have begun this exact same post with 'marijuana is a great alternative to antidepressants' but the advice is still rock solid.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just Beat It OP

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Just Beat It OP

I did that the first time.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

jerk the pain away

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Necros posted:

weed isnt for everybody if you dont like it thats cool nbd

Its this but also follow advice and dont just take a punishing dose of something your mind isnt familiar with
Its like trying to read by bashing your dick with an encyclopedia

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
If you're reading this OP I just want you to know I tracked down your IP and gave it to the police and they're going to come check on you but just a heads up weed is illegal again man so you better act cool

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
OP I will say that weed is much better with a slight tolerance. I haven’t been a daily smoker for a couple of years, and I have some 210mg edibles(divided into 6 pieces) that have been in my freezer for like 6 months and I really don’t enjoy doing even one piece with my current tolerance.

I’d recommend getting some plain old flower and a pipe if you’re still curious about it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm on weed atm I will not OD my wings are on the way, the Glenmorangie is in the tumbler and I'm ready to rewatch Twin Peaks: The Return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Dell_Zincht posted:

Sounds like you did Salvia, not weed.

I've tried Salvia once, I thought the walls were closing in on me in every room I went into, I totally freaked out and I haven't done it since.

His story does not sound like salvia.

Methanar posted:

It was supposed to have been marijuana, but what it did was not what marijuana was described to have been.

I was suffering from literal psychosis for minimum the next 3 months at least due in part to it.

That very much does not sound like salvia. You smoked a hell noid, like MDMB CHMINACA, lol