Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I said come in! posted:

This person has become a pretty accurate source for rumors.

https://twitter.com/HotGirlVideos69/status/1267473347945861121?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I trust her info AND her instincts

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sony postponing their presentation is a good call but it's also kinda funny they found another reason to not show people the PS5.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm thinking it's probably some kind of black cuboid

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

stev posted:

They need to make sure they have at least one game to show with a nonwhite protagonist.

doesnt the japanese company have a lot of titles with japanese ppl in

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm thinking it's probably some kind of black cuboid

I'm hoping it'll be shaped and colored exactly like the Playstation 1.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stux posted:

Not that many of Sonys 1st party games are actually made in Japan. All I can think of off the top of my head is Polyphony Digital, and Team Ico, and they both put out 1 maybe 2 games each console gen.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stux posted:

Are the white characters in Japanese fantasy games supposed to be Japanese?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

SeXReX posted:

Spicy take incoming

Despite the gameplay, GTA as a series glorifies the police and is part of the pro cop propaganda problem that inundates American media

this is true. there are hundreds of good cops in my gta game and there will soon be hundreds more

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

might reinstall payday 2 and just gently caress around for the heck of it. i really liked it back in the day even though them entirely changing the level/skill systems from the ground up every 6 months soured me on the whole thing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I recall reading something about how final fantasy game protagonists get read differently from america to japan, with many characters being read as ethnically asian in japan while being read as caucasian in america. I think the article in particular was talking about Cloud or Tidus as an example of the dual interpretations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

most characters westerners read as white in japanese media are in fact japanese a lot of the time yeah

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

yes, Control, when I'm aiming at an incoming lethal energy ball and I press the telekinesis button, I actually want to grab a random piece of the walls, floor, buildings in another town, absolutely anything else

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They always seem to have European-styled names, even in the original Japanese (I cannot verify that last part)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i mean theres def games from japan with euro/american characters in but a safe starting point in most games or anime is to assume the characters are japanese until told otherwise.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No real-world ethnicity has natural pastel anime hair colour

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hwurmp posted:

yes, Control, when I'm aiming at an incoming lethal energy ball and I press the telekinesis button, I actually want to grab a random piece of the walls, floor, buildings in another town, absolutely anything else

playing through assassin's creed origins it is simply incredible how when you activate an impale move the target bayek seems to hold as the highest priority is the invincible plot ally standing 180 degrees behind him

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

please dont deny my identity

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm here, i was born with bright green hair and dog ears, deal with it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I honestly have no idea why I'm still trying to play Control and it probably reflects poorly on my character

I keep thinking I've reached the point where it gets good and nope!! still dogshit!!!!

"SCPs but not stupid" should be an absolute slam dunk, how do you gently caress it up this badly

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

and that's why the real world needs to go

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tidus looks Japanese in FMV cutscenes. Squall kind of does too but that's more because he has the Japanese bad boy teenager thing going on.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

stev posted:

Tidus looks Japanese in FMV cutscenes. Squall kind of does too but that's more because he has the Japanese bad boy teenager thing going on.

Currently playing the HD version and the only time he or any character looks Japanese is during the FMV. The other 99% of the game he looks Caucasian. It's extremely jarring.

Yuna at least reads as Japanese throughout the whole game and it's simply more pronounced during the FMV.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pro Control Tips: if you die to a boss, the game will spawn more dudes in the middle of your boss run

also your mind control will just randomly not work so watch for that

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 1, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just realized that Tony Hawk is a traditionally anti-cop video game series, so even more excited for the remaster.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

daermon posted:

Yuna at least reads as Japanese throughout the whole game and it's simply more pronounced during the FMV.

HD got new character models.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the awfulness has me now

I need to see how bad this gets; I need to see if Control's going to do something like erase my loving save and expect me to go "WHOA SO META"

everyone else please save yourselves

it's like VA-11 HALL-A where I sat through it just because I was dumbstruck that anyone could hold up that kind of writing as professional work deserving of money

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

it's like VA-11 HALL-A where I sat through it just because I was dumbstruck that anyone could hold up that kind of writing as professional work deserving of money

Haven't heard it was bad, but thinking about it now, haven't heard much praise either

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 1, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Hasn't heard it was bad, but thinking about it now haven't heard much praise either

strip away the meme garbage and insipid OC background dumps, and you're left with "Jill was sad once and that's okay"

it's the most pointless story I've ever read but at least its failure states were predictable, consistent, and quickly recovered, which is more than I can say for Control

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who’s your favourite non-tonyhawk skater in tony hawk?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I just realized that Tony Hawk is a traditionally anti-cop video game series, so even more excited for the remaster.

https://twitter.com/robothorsegirl/status/1256367277915533317

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rinkles posted:

HD got new character models.

So he looks more Japanese in the original?

I still have a working PS2 and the original game, I should check.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

rodney

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Darth Maul

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Rodney Mullen.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

riley hawk

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

daermon posted:

So he looks more Japanese in the original?

No, the opposite. Simpler models. But I was making the point for Yuna.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm sorry you're having all the Control problems I played through it like 2 weeks ago and loved all of it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do people really pick Tony Hawk in Tony Hawk

that's like picking Mario in Mario Kart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mr E posted:

I'm sorry you're having all the Control problems I played through it like 2 weeks ago and loved all of it

I feel like I'm in an alternate universe or something when goons talk about Control because to me it's a perfectly average game in terms of the difficulty. I died maybe a few times on the toughest bosses and yet you get screeds from people who wiped for two hours in the same exact spot.