Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RandomMagus
May 3, 2017

Andrast posted:

Well, Kotor is straight up a conversion of a d20 Star Wars rpg by Wizards of the Coast, which was based on D&D 3.0 so it's less influence and more "direct rule spinoff"

STR increases your hit chance with lightsabers and other melee attacks so I doubt that was the cause you missing a lot though.

Unless they were giving STR characters like Canderous guns because that's what they come with and obviously guns are better than swords.

And why would you have the teenage girl with a poo poo ton of Dexterity tank for you in the Undercity? She has so little hp, it's not like the enemies would only hit her on a 20 so she's actually totally safe! (oh wait)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

I kindly request that a mod change the thread poll to be about what everyone's favorite Wilford Brimley film is

seconded. the options should be

the china syndrome
cocoon
the firm
hard target
the natural
the thing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What movie is the image of him riding a horse away from an explosion from, because that one

Weedle
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

What movie is the image of him riding a horse away from an explosion from, because that one

that’s hard target, in which he plays jcvd’s extremely cajun Uncle Duvee

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hard Target is my favorite no question. JCVD punches a snake and the geography of New Orleans gets run through a ringer so hard I began to question space and time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/OOC_SonicComics/status/1289677100421529600

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Blood Starved Beast down after 3 tries :toot:

Admittedly, I knew the tricks like fire paper and the bottle of blood distraction beforehand because of lets plays, I'm sure that boss would've given me way more trouble if I hadn't known that stuff beforehand. There's a handful of bosses later I'm pretty unfamiliar with though

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Before Wilford Brimley became an internet meme he was awesome in The Thing, basically one of the greatest sci-fi horror movies ever made.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when the thing splits is each one a separate thing. is the blood in the dish a thing. when they drew blood from the thing did it have to make a split off copy in the form of fluid blood and then go up the needle

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

oddium posted:

when the thing splits is each one a separate thing. is the blood in the dish a thing. when they drew blood from the thing did it have to make a split off copy in the form of fluid blood and then go up the needle

this will explain everything

Weedle
May 31, 2006

oddium posted:

yes, macready talks about this after they torch norris’ body but his head pops off and tries to scuttle away

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

oddium posted:

it's more Stuff than Things, really

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Thing is one of the best movies of all time. Like not just as a horror movie, just straight up one of the best movies to ever grace the silver screen.

Every single actor in that movie is phenomenal.

Wilfords character straight up does the most sensible thing possible once he figures out what the creature is capable of; destroys all the comms and isolates the base as he realises he can't trust ANYBODY.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

And then they remade it :cripes:

(Yes I know it's already a remake, but this was the superior version)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All of this could’ve been prevented if the Norwegian guy at the beginning spoke English. Ugh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

oddium posted:

Yes. It didn't "have to" make a copy, it was forced to. A Thing is a collective organism formed by the cells being in physical contact, once the blood was pulled out into the needle it was removed from the person-thing's control and no longer obeyed its desire to pretend to be human

That scene is fantastically put together and you can see them swap Macready's hand for the prosthetic rig several times before it actually fires, just to ruin its value as a tell

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Bowsette

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Vicar Amelia down! My heart is pounding after that one. The timing on her swings feels are always a bit later than you expect them to be

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the ps2 the thing game was somehow really good

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Stux posted:

Yeah

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stux posted:

I remember this taking a lot of people by surprise. I wish there was a way to play it on a modern system.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've not been able to focus on any videogames for the past week or so, I've been getting really into Warhammer again with the release of the 9th edition and there's no games at the moment that are really tickling my fancy. Death Stranding annoyed me with the combat section I'm on and I know a big cutscene glut is just around the corner so I've been put off by that, Judgement is great but I really feel like I want to have 4 or 5 hours sitting in front of me before I start another chapter and I just haven't had that with being back in the office.

I'm on annual leave next week to burn holidays and oh god I'm going to spend most of my time painting little plastic space men arn't I :orks:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I've not been able to focus on any videogames for the past week or so, I've been getting really into Warhammer again with the release of the 9th edition and there's no games at the moment that are really tickling my fancy. Death Stranding annoyed me with the combat section I'm on and I know a big cutscene glut is just around the corner so I've been put off by that, Judgement is great but I really feel like I want to have 4 or 5 hours sitting in front of me before I start another chapter and I just haven't had that with being back in the office.

Oh god I'm going to spend most of my week painting little plastic space men arn't I :orks:

I've been painting Admech miniatures and going over the 9th edition rulebook. Finished Ghost of Tsushima so right now my gaming is mostly playing fighting games while waiting for Microsoft Flight Sim, and the beta for Marvels Avengers.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stux posted:

is this the one where it doesn't matter which of your buddies have been Thinged because they all turn the instant you cross the invisible script trigger

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I only just watched The Thing last week, it rocked extremely hard

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I watched 10/10 parts of The Thing on the Movieclips youtube page. It was pretty cool for a short film

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
I can't believe the 17th Paper Mario game still doesn't have text speed options.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Snackula posted:

I can't believe the 17th Paper Mario game still doesn't have text speed options.

What does that mean

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can’t you just hit B?

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

a.lo posted:

What does that mean

The dialog boxes in the new Paper Mario on Switch, Paper Mario: the Origami King fill too slow for my liking and unlike most other text-heavy games published since the early '90s there is no option to make them go faster.

hatty posted:

Can’t you just hit B?

You can but only the second time you read the same string of dialog.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

text boxes should just not type out words, just give me the text thank you

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finished halo 3... it was not a fun time. i decided to try a couple of missions of each of the other remaining halos in the MCC. 4 had the least lovely guns, but still not great. reach seems like it's probably the most polished game, but again, not fun. odst has awful dialogue

i'm just gonna uninstall MCC, it's not worth it

i should go back to playing Blood

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://youtu.be/pwPB6_g3sq4

The gently caress is this

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The 7th Guest posted:

i finished halo 3... it was not a fun time. i decided to try a couple of missions of each of the other remaining halos in the MCC. 4 had the least lovely guns, but still not great. reach seems like it's probably the most polished game, but again, not fun. odst has awful dialogue

Sorry you didn't have fun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The guns not feeling good is on purpose actually. It’s commentary

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

I've been trying to play MCC, I wanted to get through all of the games. I finished Halo Reach, but bounced off the other titles. Halo just hasn't aged well, and i''m no longer looking forward to Infinite.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

technicolor edge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jay Rust posted:

The guns not feeling good is on purpose actually. It’s commentary

It's crazy how good the guns in Destiny feel considering.