Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I did it. It was me. You can close the thread now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad guy
Jun 20, 2021

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Just thinking out loud here, but isn’t it highly likely that these mercenaries were hired by a Haitian entity looking to subvert the democratic process, as opposed to being some giant international/interdimensional conspiracy?

the guy had been in office a year after he was supposed to leave and he refused to leave so I'm not exactly seeing how this was subverting democracy honestly

bad guy
Jun 20, 2021

ben shapino posted:

I did it. It was me. You can close the thread now.

witnesses said the gunmen smelled "nice" so we know it wasn't you. nice try though

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd really like to know more about this and I like getting news through goons but...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Trump for Haiti 2021

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Blue Footed Booby posted:

C-SPAM is explicitly a shitposting zone so you can take glib "it was the CIA" posts too literally.

Gosh where have we heard that one before?

10 years from now it's gonna be fun explaining to people that I used to post on the website that created the hot new domestic terror movement, and that's why I'm on the no-fly list.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Klyith posted:

Gosh where have we heard that one before?

10 years from now it's gonna be fun explaining to people that I used to post on the website that created the hot new domestic terror movement, and that's why I'm on the no-fly list.

Well yeah, but that still means they can't all be taken literally right up until the point they can.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd really like to know more about this and I like getting news through goons but...

at least it was centaurs instead of snakes this time. I love a bit of variety in my thread derails

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Trump for Haiti 2021

Finally someone is making some sense

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
is this a new DLC for Tropico 6?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

yikes! posted:

at least it was centaurs instead of snakes this time. I love a bit of variety in my thread derails

Yeah I'll give you that.

blight rhino posted:

is this a new DLC for Tropico 6?

Since this thread is one big derail, how is Tropico 6? I have it on my Steam wishlist and passed on it when it was on sale before.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I'm not an expert, but this looks like a good quick rundown of some of the basic background information

https://twitter.com/DrSepinwall/status/1412938964583866371?s=20

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I'm not an expert, but this looks like a good quick rundown of some of the basic background information

https://twitter.com/DrSepinwall/status/1412938964583866371?s=20

Wow. If that stuff is true, it seems like el presidente was a really, really bad man.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's it, looks like democracy has flourished in Haiti, it's all good, close thread.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's it, looks like democracy has flourished in Haiti, it's all good, close thread.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wow. If that stuff is true, it seems like el presidente was a really, really bad man.

The comparison to Vilbrum Sam is pretty good.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Americans did it maybe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/07/08/haiti-president-assassinated/

quote:

A U.S. citizen of Haitian descent has been arrested in connection with the assassination of Haitian President Jovenel Moïse, a senior official here said Thursday.

James Solages, a U.S. citizen, is among the six people arrested in Moïse’s killing, according to Mathias Pierre, Haiti’s minister of elections and inter-party relations. Pierre told The Washington Post that at least one other detainee is also believed to be a Haitian American. Four other suspects have been killed, authorities have said.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
democracy triumphs again! i think. yay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZeuakaDUF4