Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I am here to defend the honor of this guy.

Always loved him just getting up and leaving as Space McCarthy melted down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bonzo posted:

My friends and I have a theory and Janeway was made an Admiral so that A) She wouldn't loose anymore experimental ships and B) She made so many mistakes she earned the rank of a Starfleet Admiral.
SFDebris has the better one with the Psycho Janeway theory. She's a functioning sociopath who deliberately got Voyager lost in order to gather Delta Quadrant tech. Before she did this she hacked Picard's file so every time he received commendation or got recommended for promotion, it went to her. Thus when she came back she was fast-tracked right on through to Admiral with access to a bunch of Delta Quadrant toys she could direct as she saw fit.

Taking it even further, this is why she keeps Harry Kim at Ensign for so long and is respected/feared despite being of mixed competence-- those who challenge her tend to get silenced in horrific ways. Upon returning she also made it priority to alter Picard's replicators wherever he was staying so she could drug his food. This was to manage him-- side effects of the drugs are that the last of his hair fell out and he got much more aggressive after the end of TNG-- and taunt him as she could always make sure his tea would include drugs to wipe his short-term memory.

It's a goofy one to be sure, but it makes a weird level of sense. More than a lot of canon does.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
"Computer: tea, Earl Grey, drugged"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Soul Dentist posted:

"Computer: tea, Earl Grey, Cosby"

I want this to be a scene where Geordi is explaining the joke to Data.