Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

The Bloop posted:

Well interestingly in hindsight, it's the main reason we can be punishing Putin as much as we currently are without completely loving the world economy

oh my goodness lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I just want to hear poster Dang It Bhabhi! explain what it is they want that'd make them stop complaining, forever. And if they can encapsulate that then I'd be surprised.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i don't think about obama or any other president, what a waste of my precious brain time

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Did Alex Jones accuse Bush of being a globalist demon? I cannot remember. He was a much smaller internet niche weirdo back then.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

I just want to hear poster Dang It Bhabhi! explain what it is they want that'd make them stop complaining, forever. And if they can encapsulate that then I'd be surprised.

Those type of people want nothing more out of life than to complain on the internet and never actually try to make the world better. They're sad little bitches, OP.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
In some ways Obama is my favorite president because he made it abundantly clear nothing will ever change as long as the Democrat party exists and that the only way to improve American politics is to seek the end of their participation in it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Weka posted:

In some ways Obama is my favorite president because he made it abundantly clear nothing will ever change as long as the Democrat party exists and that the only way to improve American politics is to seek the end of their participation in it.

Hmm yes well I think the GOP is well on its way to making your greatest wish come true.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

why would you ever stop complaining and demanding more from your elected officials

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I remember very early in his presidency he went on Jimmy Kimmel or one of those late night crap shows and they were talking about his bowling record and he said “it’d be good for the special olympics” and I hated him ever since.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I remember very early in his presidency he went on Jimmy Kimmel or one of those late night crap shows and they were talking about his bowling record and he said “it’d be good for the special olympics” and I hated him ever since.

Why?
Was he wrong?

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Weka posted:

I like Obama because for some reason he makes fascists just out themselves like this, so you know where everyone stands.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Big Beef City posted:

Why?
Was he wrong?

Yes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Doctor J Off posted:

I like Obama because for some reason he makes fascists just out themselves like this, so you know where everyone stands.

lmfao

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like Presidents I can have a beer with.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
I think he was ok in some respects(ACA as meh as it is has kept me above water for years now) but very clearly suffered from the times of trying to be some great Bartlett type dude but waffled to many times and also bought into the GOP insanity for way way to long. i personally dont hate the guy, just disappointed.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 19, 2022

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Whatever someone says their feelings are towards Obama is really how they feel about themselves.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Schweinhund posted:

Whatever someone says their feelings are towards Obama is really how they feel about themselves.

I had hopes he would turn out better than he did.

Checks out.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Schweinhund posted:

I feel that Obama is extremely handsome and a generous lover

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

ellasmith posted:

Do you think he did a good job? I go back and forth feeling like he did the best he could or he’s a piece of poo poo. Obviously the republicans are garbage but I’m not sure if he like tried his best or hoodwinked us and never really cared.

The guy that promised Hope and Change and then got stonewalled by old bigots and when his time was up went on to make millions while basically doing nothing to help the real world?

Still less lovely than the best republican, but still a selfish prick.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Doctor J Off posted:

:champ:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Some real "the king is just and good, it's just the dastardly nobles who make him do bad things" energy itt.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I will put my little finger in Obama's urethra

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
"Obama??" sorry but I dont trust any president that does not have a last name... whats he trying to hide hmmm??

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

dsf posted:

"Obama??" sorry but I dont trust any president that does not have a last name... whats he trying to hide hmmm??

He has a last name and it’s “superAllah”

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Big Beef City posted:

Why?
Was he wrong?

My uncle bowled in the Special Olympics. It’s actually a sport that requires very little intelligence, the mentally handicapped aren’t at a huge disadvantage when bowling.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Colonel Cancer posted:

Some real "the king is just and good, it's just the dastardly nobles who make him do bad things" energy itt.

It's almost like politicians are reflections of the people who put them in power.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is ellasmith a wizard master alt

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Murderer and war criminal piece of poo poo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

You are smoking crack cocaine, Biden was seen as the moderating force to Obama's left leaning ideals and you're gullible as poo poo if you think that's changed in the last four years.

Biden was seen as the moderating force, as in he was the reason white suburbanites voted for president black pot smoker

But Biden pushed unions and gay marriage, Obama didn't.

Both suck in different ways and left/right is not an all encompassing spectrum, but Biden is largely to Obama's left

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

chainchompz posted:

I hear you, Bush started the forever wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, helped make the Patriot Act a thing, opened up gitmo, and like all presidents served his corporate masters.

Obama was too cowardly to close gitmo, end the wars or undo any of the poo poo Bush started, and this is not an endorsement for his failure to do so- I think there's a certain amount of institutional inertia that would have prevented him from doing so anyways.

Trump's only agenda was grifting for himself, and doing what his Russian mob friends told him to do, so being a bleating rear end 24/7/365/4 years is what he did.

It's a miracle that Biden ended the wars. Although given what's going on in Ukraine I imagine he knew something was coming and he wanted to be able to recommit troops if needed.

It really can't be said enough how bad Bush was, but at least he didn't shove it in everyone's faces and have the broken psychological need to run a campaign of reality tv style brinkmanship over every tiny thing every goddamned day like Trump did. Maybe that quiet in the shadows evil of Bush is worse and you can make the argument that Bush simply paved the way for Trump, but Trump literally normalized open fascism when he refused to denounce what happened in Charlottesville and at numerous other times where fascist militias acted throughout his presidency.

I live in the shitend of nowhere and yeah the nascent flag waving during Bush was one thing, and the tea party during Obama's terms was ridiculous, but Trump openly embracing the alt right just emboldened those types all over but especially in my lovely small town where my POC and LGBTQ coworkers started getting threats and started having their poo poo vandalized on a level that wasn't present before.

Dunno how anyone can argue there is a worse president than Trump, we'll be feeling the erosion of trust in news, government, peers long after we're all drowned due to his dismantling of the EPA and climate regulations. Let's not forget the nearly 1 million Americans that have died because he was busy telling people to drink bleach, who knows how many with lifelong health issues. Oh and the failed insurrection. I wonder if there even is a list of all his bullshit it was something wild like every other day, and he was absolutely doing "quiet evil" alongside all the drama out in the open, just like every other president.

At least Bush was just reacting to 9/11, not like he planned it or anything... :tinfoil:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Yeah but then Bush invaded Iraq resulting in a million deaths, because something about 911.
Edit: you probably shouldn't trust the news or the government anyway.

Doctor J Off posted:

The two political options, neoliberalism (democrat style) and fascism.

Weka fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 19, 2022

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

One's fascism in the streets, the other fascism in the sheets

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
obama had to be forced to like gay people, and his statements were openly against gay marriage for years. superb politician. let's here it for the presidents

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

Biden was seen as the moderating force, as in he was the reason white suburbanites voted for president black pot smoker

But Biden pushed unions and gay marriage, Obama didn't.

Both suck in different ways and left/right is not an all encompassing spectrum, but Biden is largely to Obama's left

Are you conflating what they say with what they do?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Republicans may have demonized him every minute of every day, but behind the scenes they secretly loved their new doormat.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Guys you don't understand there's just so much peer pressure to be a cool president, they basically have to murder tens of thousands of innocent civilians and propagate a blood-fueled empire!

Too many replies along this line so I'll just respond to this one as a blanket response. I didn't actually say this though? I explicitly said in the post I don't defend it. How the international chess game is played is wrong. Just that's where we are at right now and we have to individually encourage away from this. There is this notion that we have to kill or conquer or dominate for national interests but I think there are way more productive and positive ways to fulfill that. A space development complex instead of a military-industrial would be a tremendous step in the right direction for instance.

And yeah, I think my point about Jimmy Carter stands pretty strong. You can be a good person who is called to do bad things out of a national interest. The perception of national interest is more the problem individually than the person imo. Look at Saudi Arabia as an example. Our national interest in oil forces us to be good friends with them. When I suspect everyone who isn't a psychopath would be more than happy to tell them to get hosed. It's a marriage of convenience that collectively our political side feels tied to edit: And enforces too. Because people demand cheap gas and there is this meme in society that you should own a car. When we should just be developing nuclear, electric power, and public transportation and getting away from Saudi Arabia. But that's another thread entirely.

And that's why I can believe Obama can be a good person, but a disappointing President.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 20, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

The thing is you can't significantly support Saudi slavery and mass murder and still be a good person. You have sacrificed your ethics to gain power. This is like evil 101. Could Obama have stopped America's disastrous foreign policy? Of course not. But he didn't have to work hard to support it and no amount of cheaper gas and moderate improvements in healthcare could ever justify giving so much of your time and energy in support of such evil.
Specifically as far as Obama is concerned, how do you justify Libya? No useful allies were baying for Gaddafi's blood, it was a USA driven intervention.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Too many replies along this line so I'll just respond to this one as a blanket response. I didn't actually say this though? I explicitly said in the post I don't defend it. How the international chess game is played is wrong. Just that's where we are at right now and we have to individually encourage away from this. There is this notion that we have to kill or conquer or dominate for national interests but I think there are way more productive and positive ways to fulfill that. A space development complex instead of a military-industrial would be a tremendous step in the right direction for instance.

And yeah, I think my point about Jimmy Carter stands pretty strong. You can be a good person who is called to do bad things out of a national interest. The perception of national interest is more the problem individually than the person imo. Look at Saudi Arabia as an example. Our national interest in oil forces us to be good friends with them. When I suspect everyone who isn't a psychopath would be more than happy to tell them to get hosed. It's a marriage of convenience that collectively our political side feels tied to edit: And enforces too. Because people demand cheap gas and there is this meme in society that you should own a car. When we should just be developing nuclear, electric power, and public transportation and getting away from Saudi Arabia. But that's another thread entirely.

And that's why I can believe Obama can be a good person, but a disappointing President.

What does "good person" even mean? Loving one's wife? Donating to charity? Always using one's turn signals when changing lanes? Who gives a flying gently caress about any of that? You don't know any of these people and you never will. This is just worthless parasocial projection and it's not even true, either, unless you consider it good person behavior to, say, throwing a big birthday party during the middle of the Delta surge and inviting hundreds of people, and then cutting out all the people who worked for you but keeping the celebrities after being publicly shamed

It's an especially dogbrained take because it also assumes the "international chess game" is completely on rails and there's nothing the president can do about any of it, and that's horseshit. It's funny you bring up Saudi, too, because Obama helped them initiate a genocide that's still going to this day. He could've just said no! You know how we know? It's because Saudi tried the same poo poo with the Bush administration and got told "lol nah." The loving Bush administration, lmao

He's a mass murdering demon, OP, and it's absurd that you would care if he's personally nice or not(he's not)

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I was in San Francisco in 2009 and saw some graffiti that was a artistic spray paint of Obama and underneath it said "meet the new boss same as the old boss" that's what I remember abut Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

He may be a mass murdering demon like all those before and after, but at least he had decorum!