Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many UFC champions will lose their titles this month?
This poll is closed.
0 4 11.76%
1 4 11.76%
2 5 14.71%
3 1 2.94%
All of them, in an event known as The Happening 20 58.82%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
https://streamable.com/9jcatc

this is movie quality make believe bullshit, Schnell vs. Sumudaerji rd 2 was insane and I was mad that Schnell was about to be knocked out after getting his dick blasted haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mr_Moose posted:

https://streamable.com/9jcatc

this is movie quality make believe bullshit, Schnell vs. Sumudaerji rd 2 was insane and I was mad that Schnell was about to be knocked out after getting his dick blasted haha

Wow... that's some real "I let my opponent tire themselves out by hitting me in the head" strategy

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

Great fights and a refreshing amount of people being chill too. Lot of respect for Schnell waiting patiently for the ref to get Sumudaerji's head off his leg before he got up, the Waterson/Lemos tap acknowledgement, and Yair instantly knowing the fight was over and stopping.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Now they you mention it it was nice Schnell not to just kick his leg as he jumped up. Refs almost never grab the back of the neck or back of the head after a tko or ko these days when they really should

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Apparently Sumudaerji foguht with a torn ACL, which, boy, that seems like a bad idea.

Also in bad ideas but at least they're only happening one more time:
https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1548460296175374337
frankie edgar if you sign with BKFC i will never forgive you

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
code:
@AliAbdelaziz00
lol wonder how he lost his original Twitter account. And presumably his second one, since I don't know why he'd have two zeros otherwise.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
cant wait for frankling edger vs sean "weed stench clown" o'malley

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

Out of curiosity this made me look up the latest rankings update to see how likely this horror scenario is, and a) it's distressingly likely and b) look, I know the UFC's rankings are incredibly fake, but come the gently caress on

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CarlCX posted:

Out of curiosity this made me look up the latest rankings update to see how likely this horror scenario is, and a) it's distressingly likely and b) look, I know the UFC's rankings are incredibly fake, but come the gently caress on

apart from frankie this remind me of the keven post listing the top 5 lhws prominently featuring lhw's very real superstar Wet Andy

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

LobsterMobster posted:

O'Malley vs Joe "Diesel" Riggs in Fusion Fight League: Cow Patty Battle 3

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:siren: B-league Preview! :siren:

Invicta FC 48 - Wednesday, July 20th, 9PM ET

Bantamweight Title - Taneisha “Triple Threat” Tennant vs “Big Bad” Olga Rubin

Tennant is 4-1, with 1 stoppage victory, which came in her pro debut. She’s on a one-fight win streak, which came in August 2021 when she beat Lisa Verzosa for the vacant Invicta bantamweight title.

Rubin is 7-2 with 3 TKO wins (And 2 TKO losses). She’s also on a one-fight win streak. She went 3-2 in Bellator, dropping her last two bouts to Julia Budd and Sinead Kavanaugh.

Despite Tennant’s lack of stopping power, she hurt Verzosa several times, but Lisa Verzosa is just too drat tough. She used her length with straight punches and both body and leg kicks to great effect. Rubin has mostly beat people who exist solely to lose to Olga Rubin. Last time out she went to a split decision over someone she had 9 inches of height on. Tennant should take this one.

Bantamweight - Talita Bernardo vs Yana “Nana” Gadelha

Bernardo is 7-4 with 4 submission wins. She went 1-3 in the UFC, her final bout in the Octagon a 3rd round TKO loss to Viviane Araujo in 2019. Since then, she’s had just one fight, a decision win over Lucie Pudilova in 2021 under the OKTAGON banner.

Gadelha is also 7-4, also with 4 submission wins. This is her US debut, with all 11 previous bouts taking place in Yana’s native Brazil.

Gadelha has defeated several people who never won a MMA fight. Bernardo’s got experience against actual competition, so she should get this win.

Flyweight - Liana “Li” Pirosin vs Kristina “Warhorse” Williams

Pirosin is 8-4 with 3 TKOs. She’s bringing a 1-2 Invicta record into this bout, finally notching a win in May.

Williams is 5-3 with 1 TKO stoppage, which is when she broke Heather Hardy’s nose in her pro debut in 2017. She went 3-3 in Bellator, and is 1-0 in Invicta, having won a decision in March.

We’ve got a Muay Thai vs Tae Kwon Do fight here, hell yeah! I think Williams' reach advantage will be the story here. If she can keep Pirosin at the end of her reach, it’ll be a good time for the Horse Girl. If Pirosin can crash in and get her clinch strikes going, it’s gonna be a bad time.

Strawweight - Melissa Oddessa “Bella Bestia” Parker vs Isis “Fight Queen” Verbeek

Parker is 3-1 with 2 submissions. She’s also got a 6-0 boxing record.

Verbeek is 3-1 in MMA with 1 submission win. She’s also 1-0 in bareknuckle MMA, 0-2 in Shootboxing, and 2-2 in kickboxing.

We’ve got a boxer vs kickboxer, kinda. Should be pretty good!

Featherweight - Amber “Touch ‘Em Up” Leibrock vs Morgan “Mad Dog” Frier

Leibrock is 5-4 with 4 TKO wins and 3 TKO losses. She went 2-1 in her first Invicta run, from 2015 - 2016. She went 1-3 in Bellator from 2018 - 2019.

Frier is 4-3 with 3 TKOs and 1 submission win. She last fought in 2019, losing to Sarah Kaufman and Kayla Harrison in PFL, both by first round submission.

Three years is a long time to be out of action. Gonna go with Leibrock in this one.

Bantamweight - Auttumn “The Natural” Norton vs Maria “Sweet Maria” Djukic

Norton is 1-1 as a pro, and 6-2 as an amateur, her unpaid career lasting 5 years. Her pro career was entirely in 2019 in Invicta.

Djukic is 2-0 as a pro.

Again, a long layoff isn’t great. Gotta take Djukic here, bad use of nicknaming conventions notwithstanding.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Frankie is wanting Cruz for his last fight.

Watch Cruz get his first KO since 2014

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Digital Jedi posted:

Frankie is wanting Cruz for his last fight.

Watch Cruz get his first KO since 2014

Dominick Cruz? Jesus christ that's a fight that could've been amazing years ago.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lol

also lol at yair-ortega

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Schnell x Sumudaerji is the fight Yair x Ortega could have been. Well, maybe if Sumu had enough ACL to kick.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/TrentReinsmith/status/1549205671740116992

So Oliveira/Makhachev in October, Yair/Emmett for an interim belt in December, Oliveira or Makhachev/Volkanovski in February, Volk/Yair or Emmett in the late spring, probably.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

CarlCX posted:

https://twitter.com/TrentReinsmith/status/1549205671740116992

So Oliveira/Makhachev in October, Yair/Emmett for an interim belt in December, Oliveira or Makhachev/Volkanovski in February, Volk/Yair or Emmett in the late spring, probably.

kudos to Alex for not caring. I think this timeline works. i think Alex will wreck Emmett and Yair unless they really progress, but I think he's a very interesting matchup for both Oliviera and Islam.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

guess where i entered a depressive fugue state and where i was wrenched out of it in this :siren: B League Preview :siren:

One Championship 159 - Friday July 22

Main Card - 8:30AM ET

Light Heavyweight Title - Reinier “The Dutch Knight” de Ridder vs Vitaly Bigdash

De Ridder is an undefeated Dutch grapple man, with a 15-0 record, including 11 submission wins. He is making the second defense of his light heavyweight title, while his middleweight belt sadly molders in a corner.

Bigdash is a move used by Sonic the Hedgehog in Sonic Adventure 2. Wait, sorry, getting word that Bigdash is actually a Russian kickboxer, sporting a 12-2 MMA record, with 4 TKO and 6 submission wins. He’s currently on a 3-fight win streak He’s also the former ONE middleweight champ, having won and lost the belt to Aung La N Sang in back-to-back fights.

Reinier is 6 years younger and 4 inches taller, and he’s a more natural light heavyweight. Bigdash might have a smattering of submission wins, but de Ridder is so good, he went to a draw with an older, tinier pure BJJ guy in Andre Galvao last time he stepped foot inside the ONE cage. While I would greatly appreciate a Thanh Le X Garry Tonon style whomping, I think RdR is good enough to not dive for a leglock only to get his face blasted to smithereens. Reinier retains the title with another submission.

Strawweight Title (Kickboxing) - Janet “JT” Todd vs Lara “Pizza Power” Fernandez

Todd is 6-1 in ONE’s Muay Thai and kickboxing divisions, with 3 stoppage wins. Her sole loss came at the hands and feet of Stamp Fairtex in her debut in 2019. Her Wikipedia official kickboxing and Muay Thai record is 38-11 with 8 TKOs

Fernandez is listed as “Pizza Powder” on Tapology, but “Pizza Power” on Wikipedia, which makes far more sense. She’s got a 40-13 Muay Thai and kickboxing record, but has no stoppage wins listed.

I know very little about kickboxing and Muay Thai, let alone the women’s divisions. This should be cool, though, because kickboxing and Muay Thai is always at least pretty cool.

Flyweight - Bokang “Little Giant” Masunyane vs Hiroba Minowa

Masunyane is an 8-1 wrestler with 1 TKO and 1 submission win. His sole loss came in his most recent fight, a first round RNC to Jarred Brooks.

Minowa is 13-3, with 3 TKO and 8 submission wins, and he’s never been finished. He ran up an 11-2 record in Shooto before heading to ONE Championship, where he went 2-1, all fights going the distance. His last bout was a decision loss to Jarred Brooks in January.

Both dudes have lost to Jarred Brooks, so they got that going for them. I should know better at this point in my fight watching life, but I can’t help myself. I see the name “Minowa” and I gotta go for that dude.

Featherweight (Muay Thai) - Muangthai “Elbow Zombie” PK Saenchaimuaythaigym vs Vladimir Kuzmin

“Elbow Zombie” has racked up a 200-43 record in Muay Thai, though Tapology lists his 3 ONE Muay Thai fights, where he went 2-1, with his most recent fight being a first round KO loss to Liam Harrison.

Kuzmin is showing only a 3-0 kickboxing record on Tapology, all wins by decision.

Muay Thai is cool, and a dude named Elbow Zombie is insanely rad. Let’s go, Muangthai, make Saenchai Muay Thai Gym proud!

Flyweight (Kickboxing) - Peimian Zhang vs Aslanbek Zikreev

Zhang is apparently 1-0 in kickboxing, according to Tapology. He won his fight in March with a second round body shot KO, which is always appreciated.

Zikreev’s Wikipedia page shows him being 9-2 with 1 TKO win, but the actual results table would put him at 21-3 with 4 KOs, while Tapology has him at 1-0, a split decision win in ONE in 2020. Whatever.

Again, it’s kickboxing, it’s usually rad.

Flyweight - Zhaxi Zelang vs Danial “Mini T” Williams

Zelang is 16-6 with 10 KO and 3 submission wins. He went 3-1 in ONE’s Hero Series, and is currently on a one fight win streak.

Williams is 5-1 with 4 KOs. He’s also possibly 24-8 in Muay Thai and kickboxing. He’s on a 2-fight win streak, both bouts in ONE, both bouts in 2022.

who are these men, will any of us care moments after their fight ends?

Prelim Card - 6AM ET

Lightweight (Muay Thai) - Jo “Smokin” Nattawut vs Jamal “Kherow” Yusupov

Nattawut is 71-9 in kickboxing/Muay Thai

Jamal YOSPOS is apparently 2-0 in ONE’s Muay Thai ranks.

Muay Thai is neat.

Welterweight (Muay Thai) - Sinsamut Klinmee vs Liam Nolan

Klinmee has a 3-0 record on Tapology, split between Muay Thai and bareknuckle boxing.

Nolan is 32-7 in Muay Thai and kickboxing.

Muay Thai is still neat.

Welterweight - Ariel “Tarzan” Sexton vs Marat “Cobra” Gafurov

Sexton is 13-5 with 11 submission wins. You may remember him losing to Dane Sayers on season 12 of TUF back in 2010. If so, congrats on being a decrepit dust-filled mummy, same as I. He’s been in ONE since 2014, and has amassed a 5-2 record there, winning his last 2, which most recently took place in 2019.

Gafurov is 18-4, with 12 submission wins. He’s 9-4 in ONE, most recently losing to Ok Rae Yoon last year.

I kept thinking Marat’s name was Garfuov and I was all set to make a joke that “Garfuov” is the Russian version of Garfield, but I simply cannot read. Ok, bye.

Middleweight - “Diadem Spider” Tae Ho Jin vs Valmir “Junior” da Silva

Tae Ho Jin is 11-5, with 3 KOs and 4 submissions. He’s on a 6-fight win streak, mostly in Korea’s Double G promotion, but he did notch a victory in ONE back in April.

Valmir is 8-2 with 8 KO wins. He’s mostly fought in his native Brazil, but he did show up in ONE in February just to get knocked out in under 90 seconds.

IN THIS HOUSE WE STAN DIADEM SPIDER

Strawweight - Lea Bivins vs Zeba “Fighting Queen” Bano

Bivins is making her pro debut. She went 3-0 on the amateur scene, with 1 technical submission and 2 technical decisions. Weird!

Bano’s is 1-1 as a pro, plus 4-0 in exhibition bouts.

If Bano’s walkout song isn’t a remixed version of “Dancing Queen” by ABBA, I will throw a rotten pumpkin at Chatri Sityodtong

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I do not know how you do ONE at all without being in depressive fugue states 24/7 but your work is deeply appreciated.

Also in worker appreciation:
https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1549470809244188674
The UFC will stop at nothing to end the Diaz legacy

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

didnt realize nevada was still executing mental defectives

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If I were nate I'd walk out, tap gloves, then turn around, climb on top of the cage, double middle finger dana, tap out and go home

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

quick I need that street fighter 2 pic of blanka saying he lost the fight because he got bit and turned into a monster

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

What a dumb, dumb, fight. I guess Nate is just ready to be done and Dana is going to gently caress him on his way out. Obvious, I know.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

so long as dana is paying a diaz he wont sleep a wink.

lovely fight, does nothing for the division, I guess management want nate and his mcgregor era contract gone.

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Nate's 37 and hasn't won consecutive fights in half a decade. There's nothing left for him to do but fight famous people and make money

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

If I were nate I'd walk out, tap gloves, then turn around, climb on top of the cage, double middle finger dana, tap out and go home

Nate and Nick are both delusional morons and still think they are better than every fighter and have never actually lost

Why tap out instantly, when Nate believes he will simply defeat Khamzat

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

(nodding, getting excited) Nate will simply defeat Khamzat

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

(nodding, getting excited) Nate will simply defeat Khamzat

anyone who doesn't believe is just a hater and is super wrong. nates gonna win folks

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I hope nate defeats khamzat.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
nate's going to talk so much poo poo and win

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
lol this fight won't happen

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

beep by grandpa posted:

https://twitter.com/heynottheface/status/1549487193248256000
Diaz is still a slave to his TWO year contract he signed in 2016.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

LobsterMobster posted:

didnt realize nevada was still executing mental defectives

suprising, right? i thought they were given a spot on the nsac

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I preemptively apologize for pissing off the thread two months from now by writing an extra-long screed about my personal distaste for the Diazes

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Khamzat is dumb/cool/legacy-oriented enough to potentially stand with Nate instead of just taking him down instantly and choking him out. that is going to make it a closer fight, but I think Nate has too much mileage on him to take advantage of it. i will be betting a lot of money on him to do it though.

the lead up to the fight should be wonderful. i hope they let Nick corner him again so that Nick can try to fistfight Kadyrov or something

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

CarlCX posted:

I preemptively apologize for pissing off the thread two months from now by writing an extra-long screed about my personal distaste for the Diazes

How can you dislike the Diaz bros? They are anti-establishment, fun fight style, great trash talk, good at boxing and jujits.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Has Connor McGregor done anything since breaking his ankle?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fozzy The Bear posted:

https://twitter.com/heynottheface/status/1549487193248256000
Diaz is still a slave to his TWO year contract he signed in 2016.

wow, he should have fought more guys to run out his contract sooner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Maigius posted:

Has Connor McGregor done anything since breaking his ankle?

various crimes