Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

inspirational

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Solus posted:

Update: I have been blacklisted from GSF lmao

Welcome to the club mate!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Vando posted:

The way for Amok not to be tarred with the same brush is to either take over so the island of good is the majority of the org

Not to defend Imperium dudes but...how? Same with the people who complain the directorate won't make heads roll. What concrete action do you think a director can take here, go round Mittani's house with a baseball bat? This isnt real life. There isn't actually a way of doing a Death of Stalin style housecleaning.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the weirdest thing is why anyone liked xenuria even if you didn't know about the pedophilia stuff

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

learnincurve posted:

Aww Don’t go after people’s spelling or writing comprehension, I post nervously with one working hand and one working eye on an iPad which punishes me by sending the Apple auto correct whappy for not updating the iOS..

realtalk
i tested in the 99.9th percentile for English consistently thru school i actually think in words in my head and sounds is a visual-spatial thing,
i think i might have a mild kinda synesthesia thing but I've never gotten tested for it i can read in big chunks is rhe best way to describe it?

I can remember when a movie came out pretty much forever if i see the year in parentheses after the title once i just remember the shape

it's how i was so good at eve market stuff

i just popped through pages and looked at the contour of the amount/price/age of the orders& can read the order page like a snapshot -moment of the order history and could kinda track the shape in my head

I've never met a person who reads as quickly as me I'm not kidding it always made me feel kind weird as a kid

by 1st grade they just let me read books during all the phonics reading stuff id crush 1 goosebumps during the hour they did it

read the 4th harry potter book the day it came out, i turned 11y/o the week before, i read the 5th one in a day too

u witnessing a new breed rh

anyone hirin' lmfao

im terrible at remembering stuff i hear comparatively because I've gotta kind of translate it all to text in my head is that a thing
I've never asked anybody what it is

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 19, 2022

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Bigbillthaboss posted:

inspirational

new thread inaugural post

role turd

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

feedmegin posted:

Not to defend Imperium dudes but...how? Same with the people who complain the directorate won't make heads roll. What concrete action do you think a director can take here, go round Mittani's house with a baseball bat? This isnt real life. There isn't actually a way of doing a Death of Stalin style housecleaning.

Hey I'm just giving the options, figuring out how practical they are is an exercise for the reader.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

FirstnameLastname posted:

I've never met a person who reads as quickly as me I'm not kidding it always made me feel kind eeird as a kid

by 1st grade they just let me read books during all the phonics reading stuff id crush 1 goosebumps during the hour they did it

read the 4th harry potter book the day it came out, i turned 11y/o the week before, i read the 5th one in a day too

mmhmmm

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

feedmegin posted:

Ban The Mittani on goonfleet.com

Unban Deltas who were airlocked for "mass shitposting".

Now is the time for the directorate to make moves toward reparative action, instead of punishing activists for upsetting the status quo.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

yo mods I thought attacking someone's religious beliefs was against the rules and regulations

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Bigbillthaboss posted:

yo mods I thought attacking someone's religious beliefs was against the rules and regulations

:jerkbag:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

In all the years I've been associated with the dumb space game and its formerly-goon alliance, there's one thing I never bothered to ask -- how do you even check who is on the blacklist?

Yeah there is (or was) a part of JIRA or whatever it is called (the same place you manage groups and alt corps stuff if I remember correctly) and if you had sufficient roles you could access it and see who was blacklisted and a short reason for why and when.

Most of the blacklisted were just bad attempts at spy alts getting caught but sometimes you got a good juicy one.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
I was hoping BBTB got sealed in the sarcophagus of the last thread

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

I'm walking around while i type and it's very sunny and i cannot see the screen well at all

id go on video to prove how good i am at Words this, putting both feet behind my head and waterfalling 24oz bottles of water in one go are my Greatest Powers furnok can confirm this

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

feedmegin posted:

Nobody's suggesting going to anyone's house or anything like that, but here's a list of things that would go a long way, obviously not all of them can be done by random member corps but:

- Kick the people who were calling this 'amber heard drama' etc.
- Kick people who are publicly misogynistic/racist/homophobic/transphobic/profess unhinged maga poo poo.
- Kick the dipshits still defending mittens lmao
- Kick the people doing the cringey cultposting
- Actually kick and ban mittens from coalition services.
- Reverse the bans/blacklists on the deltas and the others who brought this to public attention/resigned over it to force action.
- Rebrand decisively away from The Imperium. gently caress if I care what the new thing is (please nothing cringey grimdark), but that entire name and brand belongs to mittens and it needs to go in the trash with him. If he wants to keep running INN and His Regards LLC or whatever that's his business but there's no reason anyone else should keep that branding.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i just remembered that i never actually played the goose game

It's a very goose good game

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

realtalk
i tested in the 99.9th percentile for English consistently thru school i actually think in words in my head and sounds is a visual-spatial thing,
i think i might have a mild kinda synesthesia thing but I've never gotten tested for it i can read in big chunks is rhe best way to describe it?

I can remember when a movie came out pretty much forever if i see the year in parentheses after the title once i just remember the shape

i just popped through pages and looked at the contour of the amount/price/age of the orders& can read the order page like a snapshot -moment of the order history and could kinda track the shape in my head

I've never met a person who reads as quickly as me I'm not kidding it always made me feel kind weird as a kid

anyone hirin' lmfao

im terrible at remembering stuff i hear comparatively because I've gotta kind of translate it all to text in my head is that a thing

i was a gifted kid too, op

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Mr. Grinch posted:

I was hoping BBTB got sealed in the sarcophagus of the last thread

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

dragonshardz posted:

Ban The Mittani on goonfleet.com

Unban Deltas who were airlocked for "mass shitposting".

Now is the time for the directorate to make moves toward reparative action, instead of punishing activists for upsetting the status quo.

I used to be GSRecon director. I had zero power to do either of those things. Again what do you think a director is exactly? Mostly it's just access to a particular Jabber channel. Random directors don't get to kick and ban whoever they like let alone rebrand the alliance.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

WorkerThread posted:

i was a gifted kid too, op

we all were, that's why we play this dumb spaceship game for nerds.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

hailthefish posted:

we all were, that's why we play this dumb spaceship game for nerds.

there are 0 people posting on this site that weren't young gifteds that turned into abject parental disappointments tbh

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Mmmhmm

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

hailthefish posted:

Nobody's suggesting going to anyone's house or anything like that, but here's a list of things that would go a long way, obviously not all of them can be done by random member corps but:

- Kick the people who were calling this 'amber heard drama' etc.
- Kick people who are publicly misogynistic/racist/homophobic/transphobic/profess unhinged maga poo poo.
- Kick the dipshits still defending mittens lmao
- Kick the people doing the cringey cultposting
- Actually kick and ban mittens from coalition services.
- Reverse the bans/blacklists on the deltas and the others who brought this to public attention/resigned over it to force action.
- Rebrand decisively away from The Imperium. gently caress if I care what the new thing is (please nothing cringey grimdark), but that entire name and brand belongs to mittens and it needs to go in the trash with him. If he wants to keep running INN and His Regards LLC or whatever that's his business but there's no reason anyone else should keep that branding.

sorry, that would be drama

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

feedmegin posted:

I used to be GSRecon director. I had zero power to do either of those things. Again what do you think a director is exactly? Mostly it's just access to a particular Jabber channel. Random directors don't get to kick and ban whoever they like let alone rebrand the alliance.

Generally what a director is is someone doing a key job, and what someone doing a key job can do for leverage is threaten to quit if poo poo isn't done.

Further, what alliances within the Imperium can do is demand change or they will leave. If the people who can press the buttons don't want to do it, you have to hold something over them to force them to do it, and what most large alliances have as their bargaining tool is the participation of hundreds of players. Use it, or sit meekly in a pile of polite requests while wondering why the rest of Eve including your former friends think you stink of poo poo.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

there are 0 people posting on this site that weren't young gifteds that turned into abject parental disappointments tbh

I feel personally attacked

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

feedmegin posted:

There are others who can. I hope this confusion has been cleared up for you

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D

feedmegin posted:

I mean the current leader of ~TheImperium~ made it very crystal clear they have no intention of banning or distancing themselves from the mittani in any way. Dude will be back to running the place in <6 months. Only way you can affect any positive change at this point is to vote with your feet. Just go somewhere else. Maybe another alliance that didn't kill its entire culture in favor of sexpests, if you can find one. Staying in Goonswarm at this point is just, you're there to press F1. Nothing more. That's all you exist to do and be. Your culture is gone, your leaders don't care. You press F1 or you get out.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

andromache posted:

Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

Effective immediately, I present the new, newbee:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Actually, it's considered Ephebeephilia... and it is perfectly natural. :chord: Do you accept Ethereum, mayhaps Doge?:q:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Frank Frank posted:

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

lmao you guys are serious with the gifted kid stuff

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

WorkerThread posted:

lmao you guys are serious with the gifted kid stuff

Not me, I was both smart and popular with nerds and jocks alike

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
pls resurrect BURTREYNOLDS [BUTT] tia

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

General_Disturbed posted:

Staying in Goonswarm at this point is just, you're there to press F1. Nothing more. That's all you exist to do and be.
Hey now, they also get to be known to the wider community as apologists for a pedo defender.

And if any of you reading this are about to write an indignant post about how you definity don't endorse any of that: you loving do! Your continued presence is the endorsement! Please activate your probe launcher and scan down a loving clue!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

realtalk

anyone hirin' lmfao

Are you me?

I have a partial photographic memory and I think you have too, no one with this is the same but you may recognise the next bit.

I don’t read words I read entire paragraphs of text at once, like the shape of the letters in the big block gets fed in and reading comprehension happens. When I was a kid I could break world reading records but I wouldn’t let my school take it further because they were freaking me out.

I can often remember images of things I’ve seen like snapshots or movies in my head.

I cannot spell and even worse is maths, my brain can’t seem to see individual letters or numbers so I have to use a calculator very slowly for even addition. It is also super random as to what gets retained, names go but I’ll be able to recall a random photograph in a book with perfect clarity 20 years on.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Not me, but that's only because my parents are in denial. :D

bane of goodpostin
Jul 13, 2022

causticBeet posted:

frankly I support this new precedent of banning all anime

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

General_Disturbed posted:

I mean the current leader of ~TheImperium~ made it very crystal clear they have no intention of banning or distancing themselves from the mittani in any way. Dude will be back to running the place in <6 months. Only way you can affect any positive change at this point is to vote with your feet. Just go somewhere else. Maybe another alliance that didn't kill its entire culture in favor of sexpests, if you can find one. Staying in Goonswarm at this point is just, you're there to press F1. Nothing more. That's all you exist to do and be. Your culture is gone, your leaders don't care. You press F1 or you get out.

I personally won Eve a decade ago. But if you are asking 1 or 2 specific people to do something name them. That's how you apply pressure. Blaming J Random Director (for anything other than quitting which yeah if I were still in I would) is attacking the wrong people.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

it is 2022 and there are people who still believe that a member of the GSF directorate has any power other than over the extremely narrow slice of responsibilities they have been given

illum isn't even a particularly secure channel, it's treated as only slightly better than elysium lol

Seriously, though, asking "the directorate" to enact bans or any other kind of widespread sea change is wasting your time. About the only thing they can do is drop roles, leave the alliance, and close Jabber forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Solus posted:

Update: I have been blacklisted from GSF lmao

I’ve been assured this isn’t happen…lol