Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

freeedr posted:

I ordered a hot dog roller off of the internet while recovering from anesthesia. This is a problem. It is an expensive one with a bun drawer

Well, you'd hardly want a hot dog roller that lacked a bun draw. WHat's the problem?

Bookish posted:

I was recovering from anesthesia and saw that one of my friends had posted a snapchat of her new haircut. Thinking that I feel fine and in control of my faculties I commented something along the lines of "hey, cute bngas". Then after I sent that I realized that I had spelled bangs wrong so to fix it I meant to say that I just came out of anesthesia and I'm a little loopy but what I actually sent was "Cute bangs, I just came"

They were very cute bangs I guess

I actually lol'd at this.
I haven't done anything funny coming out of anesthesia, unless "huge panic attack upon noticing iv line in arm" counts as funny. It might have been, for onlookers, I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

limp_cheese posted:

I'll post a few favorites I've collected over the years.

https://i.imgur.com/zNCKOQn.mp4

I’ve had a bad day and these made it less bad.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Cyrano4747 posted:

The real schad is me never catching up on the last 4k posts in the old thread. Maybe now I'll actually stay current and not just watch the number of unread posts tick ever larger like the in-box badge on my phone.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

the ipa fad might have once been grassroots hobby thing, but isnt largely a top down Big Farm thing because hops are basically edible weeds that grow well and easy and have decent RoI?

I thought it was cos Ipas are easier to make or have less margin for error or something

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
It only barely qualifies as the gentlest of schads but the derails are a bit much:

https://i.imgur.com/a97KTJO.mp4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
sometimes the ones in which the misfortune is very, very trivial are the funniest

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's much much worse "attempting to remove the avocado pit with a knife" schad videos out there :ohdear:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Trabant posted:

It only barely qualifies as the gentlest of schads but the derails are a bit much:

https://i.imgur.com/a97KTJO.mp4

I feel like with a little bit of work this could be a loop.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's much much worse "attempting to remove the avocado pit with a knife" schad videos out there :ohdear:

You have to make sure the pit isn't rotted hollow or the knife will go right through :emo:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQAauVu2sTg

limp_cheese has a new favorite as of 06:58 on Sep 26, 2023

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Soul Dentist posted:

I love the personal schad

Ok.

This morning I was woken up an hour before my alarm by the yowling of one of my cats. So I got up to see what his deal was and it turns out he had bad gas. Fart, fart, fart, fart. I tried to go back to bed and he yowled again, so I just had to sit on the bathroom floor with him while he farted and comfort him.

:nms:Some of the farts were wet and spluttery. Some of the fluid got on my arm.:nms: Somehow it didn't smell like poo poo, though, which is nice I guess, if confusing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ror posted:

do we have any proof that cloud of smoke didn't used to be a wedding guest? :stonklol:

I enjoyed the comment in the tweet of "There's a very confused bridesmaid standing in 1955 right now." :allears:.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I've never understood why you'd bother removing the avocado pip like that, I just kinda squeeze it out and I never have a problem.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Do they not have loving ladders in Russia? Jesus Christ that almost turned into a wedding reception.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Hippocrass posted:

Do they not have loving ladders in Russia? Jesus Christ that almost turned into a wedding reception.

We're still a ways from America firing knife missiles at it though?

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Metis of the Hallway posted:

I've never understood why you'd bother removing the avocado pip like that, I just kinda squeeze it out and I never have a problem.

in restaurant kitchen work? I did it mostly because when I had several tens of avocados to prepare, it did end up saving me a lot of time. It's only dangerous if you're not paying attention to what you're doing (like many things in life).

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah, I was absolutely worried whether I should watch the video at all. But I'm glad that I did. Incredible.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

PhazonLink posted:

the ipa fad might have once been grassroots hobby thing, but isnt largely a top down Big Farm thing because hops are basically edible weeds that grow well and easy and have decent RoI?

Ales are easier to make, ergo new brewing companies tend to start with them. Unfortunately the easiest way to distinguish your IPA from everyone else’s is to do things like triple of hops or makes it 10% ABV or add some sort of flavoring to it. It becomes a race to the bottom where the end result is no choice but beers that taste like hops soaked in lemon juice with the same amount of alcohol as your average wine

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

ekuNNN posted:

i think you need to empty your cache and redownload it, because it plays fine.
I think you're right.... (I'd actually tried that but had no luck - but on this computer it is, as you say, playing fine)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Hippocrass posted:

Do they not have loving ladders in Russia?

no, they just used a pencil.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Before Covid, I liked IPAs

Now they’re all I drink, nothing else even has taste.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
I was thinking there should be a fifth up there but realized there probably was and she hurt herself and had to be dragged offstage

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
I've always loved IPA but they're way oversaturated, as other goons have said. I'd like at least to find a decent pilsner tallboy but I can't think of any good micro pilsners with good distribution, except for maybe Boston Lager and Founder's Solid Gold. I'd like to see more singles of the former, and a lot of places at the height of Founders popularity were selling talls of Solid Gold. Guess most people these days just feel like lagers aren't enough, but trust me, with age, you're gonna be drinking pilsners. I used to hate pilsner but now it's all I drink because its malt and hop characters are so subtle that they're very appreciated. Get any lager you can out of Louisville KY because they're great. I also enjoy me a good Carlsburg now and again

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When you say "squeeze it out" all I can imagine is you're squishing the avocado half in your hand, resulting in a huge mess. What do you actually mean?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

When I'm at home I usually just get my nails in a bit and pull it out, easy, but food service with gloves on it just wasn't possible so I developed a sort of angular knife-donk and swish-toss-into-the-compost movement. Very satisfying once you really whittle the time down and you're cranking them out.

Sometimes I miss just putting on some loud music and doing tons of vegetable prep at stupid o'clock in the morning.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Because whenever I've tried the squeezing method it never worked.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Maybe I'm a moron, but couldn't you just work a spoon under the pit and lever it out, rather than needing to risk your precious hands with sharp objects?

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
This smooshes the green poo poo

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Aware posted:

This smooshes the green poo poo

Are you not supposed to smush it?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Depends! Is it for guac, or sliced or diced avocado pieces?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Fellow millennials, eat one more vegetable, I beg you

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Fellow millennials, eat one more vegetable, I beg you

Monkeys paw curls: everyone is suddenly way into loose corn.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
but avocados are fruit

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Non Compos Mentis posted:

but avocados are fruit

Botanically it's actually a berry

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Non Compos Mentis posted:

but avocados are fruit

Technically, they are berries!
:science:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
What are vegetables? We just don't know.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Thanks, plants.

Thlants.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Always a joy to see this posted.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Shaddak posted:

Technically, they are berries!
:science:

Berries are fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist