Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

Of course they'd give the mercs the G11. :v:

Also not the least surprised Wendell is a dweeb enough to read Machiavelli and think he's cool.

One cool bit about the G11 is that because Robocop's arms are entirely artificial, he doesn't have a normal range of rotation for his wrist; when fully reloading from empty, to chamber a round with the Kraut Space Magic, he slots the manual rotor between two fingers and simply spins his left hand 360 degrees.

It's just one of those things that the devs put in the game because it makes sense that he would be able to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I appreciate the number of callbacks to earlier in the game when you're in the prison.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Episode 18: Cyber Trail

Wendell's goons have stolen Dr. Blanche's work computer to obtain the data from RoboCop's counseling sessions. We can use that to pick up their trail, but the more immediate problem is that these guys were not too happy to discover she actually carries the important data in her notebook.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 13, 2024

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Officer Status: On Duty is very keen on being off duty.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Cooked Auto posted:

Officer Status: On Duty is very keen on being off duty.

That was an unusual bug.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I think Officer Status: On Duty is just an oversight, not really a bug per se. He showed up earlier in the game as a random cop on dispatch duty and I guess they just didn't update his ID for his other appearances.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tonight I suddenly thought to myself, "I wonder what happened to that RoboCop LP", only to realize I'd somehow accidentally subscribed way back when :shepicide:

Guess it's time to find out what's happened over the last two months :munch:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Episode 19: Basic Instinct

If OCP replaces the cops with Becker's droids and we're out of a job, maybe we'll start Robo Detective Agency since we seem to be pretty efficient at these investigations.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Wait, why does he instantly believe her? Why doesn't he call someone to keep an eye on the sex-dungeon girl? Even if she is innocent, surely you're supposed to ensure that the suspect doesn't get away while you're pursuing another lead.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Given the strike, two cops is all he's got.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

RoboCop did say earlier that his robo-senses can tell when people are speaking the truth. Of course, that doesn't explain why he couldn't tell Agatha was lying or why he left her alone. :pseudo:

I think the real answer is that these investigation quests, while a fun addition to the game, aren't particularly well written. Well, and judging by Kurtz in this quest, these cops can't be trusted to do anything.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 20, 2024

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Yeah, this side mission was a bit... Abrupt.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Episode 20: Eternity, Today

As our hunt takes us to OCP HQ following a thankfully brief trip to the Detroit sewer system, we finally discover what Project Afterlife is about. Which isn't really much of a discovery if you can read context clues at all, but still!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The piano longue version of the robocop theme in the background towards the end was a neat touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
1. So, we've finally got a sewer level. Did we do a "time-to-box" in this game?
2. Is it disturbing that the vision of dystopia (HR celebrating their downsizing, and the "Source" water ad) don't feel like exaggerations?