Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Mrfixitonline represent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW

THS posted:

if you remember sanddamnit thats how i found this place. also through dimitrios in a roundabout way. rasher got hired, i assume hes dead now

rip zen's dad

Oh gently caress, INTL reunion itt?

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

neopets

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

fk ys

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
I posted on an Animal Crossing forum a lot when I was like 12-13. Then 4chan until I was 17 and since then only SA. I think that's it thanks for reading.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
age of mythology sanctuary

what a game

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Couple of text based games, Get In The Ring (when I liked wrestling) and Street Wars online.

Overclockers AU (don't really post there anymore, just lurk occasionally).

Probably about it.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

texaholic posted:

Anyway goons post about old forums you used to post on, maybe you can connect with some old school internet people or whatever.

I used to post on a Counter-Strike Off topic forum circa 2000~ when I was in high school. Current SA forums users Splitsoul and Necros I believe used to post there too. I was big_tex and I posted about Texas believe it or not!

I was the moderator there for like a year, I_Am_Ed !

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
the loving runescape forums

hands down the most childish poo poo i've ever read, and that's what i thought when i was a literal child (13 y/o)

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Parmesan Basil posted:

I posted on Adult Swim in early high school. Talk about a hole. I was also on this one place called The Next Level that tried to be a video game site but sucked and everyone was too lazy to do anything.
Jason Rivera child molester
Kenshin Canadian retard
all I remember

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm having trouble imagining the fights

was it like "pointers vs references"?

or "my for loop is better than yours"?
Microsoft slow. C++ slow. C slow. I'm a real programmer because x86 and I have a big penis. American programmers suck. LISP LISP LISP LISP LISP LISP LISP LISP LISP LISP LISP LISP LISP LISP LISP

Al Cowens fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 6, 2014

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I used to post on an Nsider offsite until it got completely run over by pedophiles, multiple furries who spent time in prison for sexual assault, and that guy who got his friend fired from Nintendo for leaking stuff about Pokemon X and Y like three months before the game was supposed to come out.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i posted on a forum for the hit MMO Graal Online when i was like 14. no one really talked about the game much, mostly it was just teenagers flaming and helldumping each other, which was extremely my poo poo.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
planet namek

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Micro$haft Winblows with Internet Exploiter unironic l33t sp34k

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
also a forum for ddr players. i forget what the name was though

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

tranime scholar posted:

also a forum for ddr players. i forget what the name was though
ddrfreak? bemanistyle?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

CoffeeBooze posted:

Do you remember the Kurt Angle troll account that was absolutely prolific on the Counter-Strike forums around this time? I can't remember if he posted in the off-topic forums specifically, but it seemed like he was everywhere and anywhere.

That was one of my first encounters with an internet troll, at the time I found his posts infuriating but looking back it was actually pretty funny how effective he was.

We had a thread in the mod forums trying to figure out he was the real deal or not

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Al Cowens posted:

ddrfreak? bemanistyle?

poo poo, i think it was ddrfreak. good call

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Anyone post on the Fires of Heaven guild forum? Screenshots was hilarious at times especially the whole Kate has a hoof thing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://bbbs.net

(There were others before that but gently caress if I can remember the names.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

https://bbbs.net

(There were others before that but gently caress if I can remember the names.)

Jesus Christ I just logged in out of curiosity and I had an e-mail from the tailor I bought a suit from in Hong Kong like seven years ago. Apparently he's in the country for some loving reason :stare:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
a clockwork orange message board 2001 - 2005

I actually met some of those people irl and still keep up with many of them.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
theres a diablo 2 single player forum where people post challenging ways to try and beat the game. its cool and fun but not many new challenges are posted

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
Straight Dope Message Board, National Midnight Star (Rush fan mailing list - does that count?), a bunch of BBSes and Compuserve SIGs before that.

Yeah, I'm a loving geezer.

"I'm a horrible monster, and I pray for death" - Lowtax

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
Used to post on the EverQuest necromancer forums, and the forums for the EQ server Tholuxe Paells.

Fun.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

SD87 posted:

planet namek

I was a mod in general discussion on planet namek, circa 2001.

Planet namek had a pretty large crossover audience with SA, if I remember right.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I used to post on Impossible Creatures Planet, a site all about that cult classic RTS. I still vaguely remember some of the members, I wonder if they migrated to some offsite after the forum server went down for good.

Tiger Pie 4 Evah

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Some dumb Ragnarok Online message board.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
I think everyone was a moderator on the Counter-Strike forums.

texas rules

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
I used to get on the forum SMBC comic, and one of the posters there is the one who originally planted the seed of me getting an account here. I did it years after he advised me to.

That was a cool place though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
There was a few I posted on. The most notable one (for me at least) was Black Bayou forums on AOL (which was part of the Antagonist network they had). The next forum I posted on was my Everquest servers message board Druzzil-Ro.com. Both message boards are long dead and I really miss D-Ro.com :(

Major Asshole
May 3, 2004
I knew it... im surrounded by assholes!
APB forums. There was a bunch of people crying about hackers and pay to win weapons.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Neopets

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I used to be a sick hacker using AOL punters to boot people off the internet. I once saved up like 50 AOL disks and CDs before we got the internet because I thought it would be free as long as I kept putting in the disks

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I got ran off Stormfront for not being white enough. I am significantly whiter than Hitler, I don't know what the hell woulda made those guys happy.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Major rear end in a top hat posted:

APB forums. There was a bunch of people crying about hackers and pay to win weapons.

considering how awful the playerbase was in that game, i can just imagine how loving terrible the forums are

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
GameFAQs is pretty much a cesspool and it's creepy to think the regulars you knew from 2002 are still there, still posting and maintaining appearances knowing they have to be in their late 30s by now socializing with adolescents.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Same, I wanted to be a mod... :downsgun:

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B
TeamXbox, I was around 14/15 and had a Rurouni Kenshin avatar. Got in a multi-day flamewar with a guy about what console exclusive meant. Also there was some old fat guy who posted about his mail order asian bride alot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Not really old, but XDA Developers because Android ROMS n' poo poo. I poked around on Usenet for awhile, surprisingly people still post text discussions to it.

• Locked thread