Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 1/4 | Exp 4/5 | Conditions: Inbred, Drunk

I look over between the gathering of people that weren't really here when I started making my way over. Well, this is bloody brilliant. Still, I was planning on apologizing and everyone's hostilities weren't going to stop me. Not sure how sorry I actually am, because it was hilarious but people seemed to be taking it real serious, and I need to not be attack-on-sight with the werewolf. "Look, I was just coming over to apologize. You look like you've had a rough one, and I don't want to think my.. actions this morning were the cause." I know they weren't.. well, probably, I have no clue how werewolves work, and I thought they all made their way around during the full moon or whatever. Plus, I've got an attractive apology face. Doesn't always work, but it's better than the alternative.

"You all should settle down a bit, don't get all riled up because someone hosed up a tad when he's still a little out of sorts." I mean, I can't be some sort of fake about all this, and I am a little sorry. Didn't want someone that angry at me. "I'm just going to step away before she calls 999 to try to stop me from saying naughty words or whatever. Sorry for all this."

[12:24.44] <thelazyblank> Shut Down Alexandra
[12:24.47] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6-1
[12:24.49] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 3-1 = 2

Now, to move quietly away, letting that little stab in before people get all entangled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hot -1 Cold 0 Vol 1 Dark 1
XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Callous, Vulnerable

Before session change

The first thing I did when we were alone again was fill in Sorne on what I suspected - that Alan had killed his sister, whether on purpose or by proxy. I had thought they were closer than that, but... these visions never lied before. So Alan was our target. We'd need to make him talk, first - spill the beans on any other secrets he had, and if we were going to kill him, it had to be in a way that ensured we weren't caught. Of course, I let her make her suggestions - we are partners, but it's all business talk. I have some ideas - especially with Eleanor's share of the inheritance in my grasp, but in any case at some point this planning grew too morbid even for me, and only Sorne herself knows how it may have affected her. Thanking her once more for her help and setting up our next meeting, I let her go while I tried to take some time to rest.

I certainly don't care that our association is known now. The genie's out of the bottle, too late to put it back in, and she wants to help. Alan killed his twin sister, but someone I've only known for a short while, who has no involvement with the inheritance, willingly agreed to aid me, even if it comes to murder. That's faith and loyalty I would be an utter fool to pass up now.

Now

Though it was short lived, as I now find myself here, having to pretend to be normal once more, shifting my mind from thoughts of inheritance to this mundanity. It helps that Alessandra is here - she's a friend, as much as I could possibly have friends, though that slimy toad Khalid is already trying to get his grasp on her. Perhaps today's been stressful enough that I abandon my standard niceties; perhaps I'm particularly irritated that he's going after Alessandra of all people; perhaps a part of me just wants to show off for her - and Fiona. Whatever the real cause, I intercede too, tone firm.

"Isn't it clear you're not wanted, old chap? Do us a favour and just..." I just motion for him to move away. "Before you make more of a fool of yourself?" As soon as I'm done with that, I turn my back on him, getting physically between him and Alessandra.

[2:18pm] Nown: Okay, here we go. Shutting Down Sleazy Khalid
[2:18pm] Nown: !r 2d6+1
[2:18pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 8+1 = 9
[2:18pm] Nown: woo

Giving him the Condition 'Unwanted', he can give me one in return

"What a pleasant surprise to meet you here, Alessandra. Moving in? We've mostly got a good lot here, and you just let me know if you want me to help keep the bad seeds away, okay? It's a pleasure to have more than just classes to get to know you." I grin as I speak, genuinely excited that such a talented friend is here, now that I both need friends the most and no longer have to fret about being on the sidelines and keeping them hidden from my Peers!

[2:26pm] Nown: Time to push my luck again
[2:26pm] Nown: Turning On Alessandra
[2:26pm] Nown: !r 2d6-1
[2:26pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 9-1 = 8
String/Promise/Self
Sorne, now's the time to be Cold and hard to those who don't give you what you deserve, isn't it?

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 18, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

MC highlights:

Alex highlight Volatile
AleXandra highlight Dark
Emma highlight Cold
Fiona highlight Volatile
Tim highlight Cold
Sorne highlight Hot
AleSSandra highlight Hot

Ash, you'll get yours when Sorne posts.

AleSSandra: Khalid doesn't look particularly phased by your rejection. "Sorry, didn't mean to be creepy. You must get a lot of that, right? I just thought you could do with a chance to get to know people better."

You get the condition Overly Sensitive.

His attention is diverted by Fiona momentarily, but after a rather testy exchange (see below) he turns back to you. "You see, that's the sort of party you could do without going to, unless you're looking for a reputation like hers." What do you do?

Fiona: Likewise, Khalid doesn't seem bothered by your words. "I think you've got it backwards, Fiona. My parties aren't the ones attracting attention. The school isn't going to get worked up about a private event outside the grounds. I don't know why you're surprised that rolling around drunk in the mud with a bottle of whiskey got you in trouble. It's about class, isn't it?" He turns to AleSSandra. ""You see, that's the sort of party you could do without going to, unless you're looking for a reputation like hers."

Alex: The smug smile finally disappears from Khalid's face when you get involved. "Actually, yes, Alexander, these ladies have made what they want very clear. They didn't need you to defend them from the big bad Muslim. I'll leave you to... whatever."

He gives you the condition White Knight in return.

He pushes past you firmly. Out of the corner of your eye, you seem Teresa slide down next to him on a sofa... but you've got Fiona and Alessandra to deal with now.

Tim: Mark doesn't say anything as you walk away from him, but you feel his eyes on you as you hug Emma. It's only going to get harder to defuse this mess now...

He takes a string on you.

Ash: Tim's taken Emma off to a corner, but any hope of releasing the tension disappears when Lizzie strides over to you. "Saying naughty words? Ash, you sexually assaulted Emma this morning, you don't get to act like the victim here. Do you have any idea how lucky you are to even be here right now instead of in front of the headmaster?" She's planted herself in your way, hands on her hips, as if she's daring you to make a scene... though her own loud voice has already turned a few heads.

Alexandra: Seems like Ash wants to de-escalate things... but Lizzie's got other ideas. As she chews Ash out, she gives you a momentary, intense glance, and in that moment you catch a glimpse of her self-assurance and her anger; anger not just at Ash, but at you... for failing to take charge? Or something else? And behind that a certain cynical confidence, as if everything that's happened is only confirming her expectations...

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Ey girl, you ever been with a haunted tent?

Hot: -1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4/5 | Conditions: Overbearing, Drained, Darkest Self

Before the session change

The snakes hiss angrily as their prey moves away. Teresa would have gotten "the look" too if she hadn't decided to leave. Stupid girl. I care not for her or any silly gossip she may decide to spread about Alex and I. Once they're both long gone I turn my attention back to him, shutting the door and settling back down where I was before. He proceeds to inform me that Alan is the culprit. Talk about scandalous! And not to mention sick. How could someone do such a thing? This world Alex lives in was dark, sure, but.. to resort to killing ones own flesh and blood was deplorable! I make a silent promise to myself to bring Alan to justice -- or whatever counts as it these days...

Now

Matron has assembled everyone in the house for an impromptu meeting of sorts. It is a bit irritating, yes, but I sit there with my hands folded in my lap as if I'm thoroughly unbothered by it. And in a way I am -- because Cedric seems quite content at trying to stare at me when he thinks I'm not looking. The snakes make it possible for me to see without using my eyes so of course I'm well aware of what he's doing. Sigh. I could just stare at him again like last night, though to do so out in the open like this would be risky, even if no one could rightfully trace any ill effects back to me. That would just be crazy!

...I am left to wonder however what he might be thinking at the moment. Surely he might suspect Alex and I have a "thing" going on, which couldn't be further from the truth. I mean, we did kiss, but Alex pulled away and made his intentions clear. We have a mutual partnership and together we're going to do something about Alan. There's no use letting feelings get in the way of things. It'll just complicate things and cloud our judgment. Right, that's the way it has to be. How can I operate efficiently in this situation if I'm letting myself get all caught up? No, it's much, much better this way...

Alexandra is near me. I tell her nothing. What is there to even say at this moment? Nothing, that's what.

Ash highlight Dark. Let's see what happens, eh?

Zomg fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 20, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Hot -1 | Cold +3 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Selfish, Predator, Drunk

Alexander's "gallant" behavior reveals itself as something much less. I wonder if she'll mind being hidden away as much as I did.

"Well, I'm sure you two have a lot to talk about. Ask him about jazz, sometime..."

Nope, not my night. As I sit back down, my head's swimming, and not because of the wine. Why did I say that? Why do I care so much about what Alexander does? Why does even thinking about Ash make me frustrated? What's Alexandra up to? Is Ruhlman going to call my bluff? And most importantly - why do I care at all?

Fiona's doing a stupid thing and Gazing into the Abyss on how to normalize her life and make herself feel better.
[04:54] Jolinaxas !r 2d6+1
[04:54] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 4+1 = 5
Oh boy...

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Oh, fer gently caress's sakes. Now Lizzie here is turning this into another absolute travesty in public, and for once, I can't wait for someone to regain order. "Were you even there? Because I don't remember you being there. So, I'll invite you right now, go get the headmaster and talk about some vague second-hand version of the story, that'll really make his day. Include the part where Emma punched me in the groin, because that's also up there in things he cares about. Include Alexandra's little attempt at name-calling rather than actually solving the situation. It was early, I did something dumb and then some time later, I apologized. Please, I'm not kidding, make a case of it. I have no problem dragging everyone in the mud."

I give a little wink completely sideways at Alexandra. It was intended as sarcasm, but you know how it is with gestures. People take them all sorts of ways.

[04:00.21] <thelazyblank> Turn on Alexandra
[04:00.28] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[04:00.28] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 4+2 = 6

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Hot: 1 Cold: 1Volatile: -1 Dark: 0
XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions: Under suspicion
Locations: Common Room

All right. Emma's out of here. Look, much as I hate Ash, my first concern is Emma right now, so I'm somewhat holding back. Then, Timothy takes her some distance away. I keep an eye on them for a bit. Timothy. I didn't think much of him, in the good or the bad sense. But I should get on that. So much to do. Still, Lizzie comes in swinging at Ash and, what is that look about? Oh goodness, don't tell me she's also off with that whole 'Alexandra and Emma' thing? I don't have the time for this nonsense. For now though, let's see about using the strength of numbers.

"Yes, of course. An apology, immediately followed by telling everyone how we're making such a fuss over nothing, and after all you were..." I make a drinking gesture. "a bit out of sorts. Sexual assault is 'loving up a tad'. And you wouldn't want to think 'any problems' came of it. Oh, but you find news lows to sink to, Ash, I'll freely admit. You now, here, in this classroom made clear that if any of us were to go and report you for it, you would make sure that your victim gets in trouble for her, given the situation, entirely normal reaction. You are filth, Ash Spearing. You're a predator and a coward. And you lessen this school, and this house with your presence." I raise my voice a bit on that.

Shut Down Drunk Ash: 2d6+2 10 I'll take a string

"And no. No case will be made. Emma asks it. And unlike some, I will respect her wishes. But I promise you, Ash. When I get something on you, I'll give it my all to see you thrown out of this school like the garbage you are."

Score an xp for Lure

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Hot 3 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 1/4 | EXP: 1 3/5 | Conditions: Clenched, Oblivious, Terrified

I sigh as Emma walks away. I was really hoping that she'd want to stay here. There's not exactly anyone I want to talk to but I don't want to just stand sheepishly in the corner. Do I plead my case with Jess? She already doesn't trust me from this morning. How am I suppose to act? If I act apologetically it means I did something wrong but if I act confidently it means I did something wrong and I'm proud of it. I quickly shake my head. I'm getting wrapped up in hypotheticals. I'll present myself neutrally and react to what she gives me. It's probably the smartest thing I could do. I find Jess standing to a corner of her own. I walk over, trying not to stay clam. "Hello, Jessica. Is there any reason you're glaring at me?" Well, the 'play it cool act' lasted all of five seconds. "You . . . still mad at me forgetting your name this morning?" I look at the ground. It's a heck of a cold look. "D-did you want to speak with me?" I should of just stayed in the corner.
-
Keep Calm:
[02:38] BClip !r 2d6-1
[02:38] Krysmbot BClip, 7-1 = 6
Taking 1 XP

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Oct 20, 2015

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP 1/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Overly Sensitive

Alex can have a string. Also retroactively marking xp for the Shut Down roll I did earlier

While Alex's save was nice, it was a bit unnecessary. Still, the gesture was sweet, and it was nice to know that, while I was new, I still had people willing to back me up.

"Thanks Fiona, Alex. I was hoping that my being here would be a bit more inconspicuous. I get a lot of people that want to know me just because I'm famous musician, and that's all they care about. Having people coming to my aid, even when it's not absolutely necessary" I give a teasing smile to Alex at that, "is nice. But yes, I'm coming over to Ramilles. After that whole mess that happened back at my old house." I can feel the bitterness rising up in me as I mention it, "Well, it left me a bit friendless. So hopefully I'll be able to develop some of those here."

At that last, I give Alex a smile. His behaviour wasn't necessary, but having someone at my back was always a good thing, and should be encouraged.

<berenzen|home> Turn on Alex
<berenzen|home> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> berenzen|home, 5+2 = 7
String/Promise/Self
Mark XP

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Callous, Vulnerable, White Knight

I shoot a withering glare at Khalid's back as he leaves. Of course he'd make this a race thing. Frankly, I'd prefer a rich Arab to a poor White, if only they weren't as sleazy as Khalid is. A part of me wants to thump him right here, show him what I think of him implying I'm a racist... but no, that would absolutely make things worse. I'll stomach that insult for now, pay him back later. Doubly so if he is in cohorts with Teresa (next on the list after Alan is dealt with, definitely. He might be unstable and dangerous, but she's insidious and wily, and threatening as a result.

Fiona's put-down is likewise ignored. Even though things have changed, and I'm not hiding my friends anymore... it couldn't have worked out between us, could it? She was always going to have that problem. I might explain that later, try to at least see that we're not enemies, but right now Alessandra is here and I am absolutely going to focus on her.

"Well, I can help solve that problem. After all, it's quality, not quantity of friends that matter, right?"

Promising something he thinks Alessandra wants - Help making friends

"So, don't suppose you have any idea what they called us all here for?" Of course, I know, but not a chance I'll tell. Might as well make conversation in the meantime.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile 1 Dark: -1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Uncomfortably Numb

Well that's the most half-arsed apology I've ever heard. But I'm too tired to start a fight with Ash over it now. Still Tim and Jess have got their heads together I can see them both deep in conversation with sideways glances at me. It's me that the subject of juicy gossip again. I hate it I can see the pity in their eyes the same pity I saw in their eyes when I was kidnapped. It makes me sick. I don't want their pity and I don't need their guilt. I just want things to get back to normal. Still if Tim has some information that can help me. I'll tease it out of him later. But that's later. Right now I want something to distract me from my own worries. Hmm who's that over there? I recognise her face from around the school but I don't recall the name. She does something with Music if I remember rightly.

I strode over to the little knot of Fiona, Alexander, and the new girl. Hopefully looking a little more confident than I felt. Alexander is a funny kind of guy his family is old-money and they tend to look down and noveau-rich types like me. He's never said anything to me. But I've seen how he and his cronies drift off in their own little group which the rest of us plebs are excluded from. As for Fiona well we tend to move in different circles so we don't interact much. But she's always been reasonably polite even when she's slightly soused. Stopping in I offered her my hand and plastered a smile several degrees more cheerful than I actually felt on my face and said. "Hey there, you must be new girl joining us. Sorry I don't know your name but I'm Emma and I see you've already met Alex and Fiona. It's nice to meet you."

23:01] Ferrosol turn on Alessandra
[23:02] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[23:02] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10
gaining a string on her.

Wait now I recognised her. Wasn't she thrown out of her old dorm because she caught her roommate having sex on her bed? Yeah that'd probably piss me off too. Luckily I don't have a roommate but that's pretty drat low.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

XP 2/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Overly Sensitive

"That's a pleasant surprise. Most people that approach me for the first time ask for me to sign their copy of a cd, or worse. I'm Alessandra" I too the outstreched hand, giving it a firm shake. You didn't learn how to sign a contract without learning how to give a good handshake. Continuing, I gave Emma a smile, "I know Alex from music, but it's nice to get to know more people. Like Alex was saying, having some quality friends makes a lot of difference"

<berenzen|home> Turn on Emma
<berenzen|home> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> berenzen|home, 12+2 = 14
<Rauri> nicely done

Take a string on Emma

I noted the various scrapes, cuts and bruises. What happened to her? I looked like ran into a bushel of thorns, naked. Still, she seemed like a nice enough girl, and it was nice to find another person that didn't know exactly who I was, or didn't care. She seemed like a sweet girl, with a confidence that belied her slightly wounded exterior.

"Do you happen to know why we're here? I mean, I basically just moved in this morning, so I'm completely lost as to what's happening. If its to introduce me, I'm going to be cross. I explicitly said when I attended here that I didn't want to announce my presence everywhere I went. I get enough of it in the general public, I don't need it here."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2Cold: -1 Volatile 1 Dark: -1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Uncomfortably Numb

She actually seems really nice. At least she's not cooing all over me with sympathy which is about the last thing I want right now. I just want to get this over with and find out what Tim thinks he knows. It'd be nice to have another friend around here certainly. "your guess is as good as mine." I explained. "No one has said anything to me about what this meeting is about." I shrugged "Guess we'll just have to wait and see." One thing I did notice though was Fiona was standing a little too close close enough that I could smell her. Something about her smelled different and it took me a moment to place it. See normally she's slightly sloshed and you can smell the booze on her but this time there was another scent one oddly familiar that I couldn''t quite make out.

asking who am I smelling?

[15:04] Ferrosol smelly gaze
[15:04] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[15:04] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8-1 = 7
Visions Smells are clear and leave you drained.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of Emma. She's a Thatcherite, for a start, which is a black mark if ever one existed. That populist upstart is almost as bad as the socialists. She might not be as revolutionary, but she took all the rhetoric of more honest conservatives and stripping it of any romanticism or class, and it's almost like a betrayal. Iron Lady indeed. I didn't associate with her before, not only due to her political views, but of course because I was more concerned with my Peers... but that state of affairs is over now, and frankly irrelevant.

More importantly, I notice the cuts and the burns, and I raise an eyebrow at that. "Good grief, Emily, what happened to you?" I didn't take her for the type to get into fights, and that looks even worse than just the results of a fight. How did she get burned? "Are you alright?" She seems to be moving around just fine but that's almost as concerning in of itself - that she just got into... whatever fracas that was, and has just, what, shrugged it off, like it's no big deal?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"Fine. Glad to be here, can I go?" I'm asking to be polite at this point, but am already moving to step around Lizzie and her little hysterical attitude. Knowing my luck, this has already turned into a giant loving scene and I'm caught up in the middle of it while I have more important things to be doing. By now, I'm just looking for somewhere to be where I won't have to deal with all this, figure out how I'm going to get that werewolf nonsense taken care of. Sadly, I can't light anything up in this room, as someone would call the police, and Alexandra and her study group would call the bloody fire brigade.

Probably still need to be here, so Khalid's a good choice to be alone from this group. Khalid's been making friends, as usual. Should get something resembling quiet that way.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

A ripple of coughs and nods and sentences left hanging spreads through the room as Mr Ruhlman steps through the doorway, looking tired and hassled. "Thank you all for coming here, I don't intend to take up too much of your time. I'm sure you've heard, but one of your housemates has ended up in hospital. I'm told Geoffrey's condition is serious, but stable, and I know you'll all keep him in your thoughts." He clears his throat awkwardly. "Since I am in loco parentis I'm going to be staying with him this evening, and possibly for some of tomorrow as well. Matron will be in charge, and I expect you to all be on your best behaviour." There are a few poorly-concealed smirks at that. It's common knowledge that Matron couldn't care less about what her charges get up to as long as it doesn't inconvenience her personally.

"On that subject, I'd like to say a few words about good behaviour. This school allows its students considerable latitude when it comes to your leisure time. It's never been the school's policy to insulate you from the adult world; on the contrary, we feel you should be given opportunities to prove your maturity. Hence the Ball this Saturday, for example. So, you may ask, where do we draw the line? The answer is that we refuse to tolerate any behaviour that prevents any other student from making the most of their own opportunities. We will not tolerate that at all. I hope I make myself clear." And just like that, he's gone, Matron bustling off in his wake.

AleXandra: Your housemates probably wouldn't have thought anything of it, but it's unusual for any of the teachers to be so open about the school's apparent 'live and let live' policy with regards to drinking and drugs. That is what Mr Ruhlman was getting at, wasn't it? Anyway, your confrontation with Ash seems to have resolved for now, Lizzie shooting you a triumphant glance as she heads off to talk with Mark. That little pit of disappointment in her mind seems to have lessened, but there's a feeling of vindication there too, one that you were keen to discourage earlier today...

As you take stock of things, Emma's friend Jess calls you over, interrupting your train of thought. She's standing with Tim, looking concerned. "Alexandra, listen, it's about Emma... I just asked Tim, but I don't know if you know what happened to her?" What do you do?

Tim: "Jesus, Tim, you're joking right? I'm worried about Emma, of course, she looks like she's been in a cage fight or something. I mean, bruises are one thing, but rope burns?" Jess shakes her head in frustration. "I'm not... blaming you, or anything, but I just want to know what's going on and... sorry, one sec. Alexandra, do you have a moment?" She turns back to you as Alexandra heads over. "If you're serious about dating her, I need to know that you're taking this seriously..." What do you do?

Emma: It takes you a second to place the unfamiliar scent on Fiona, but when you do, you can't help wrinkling your nose in disgust - it's the musty, earthy scent of the forest that you've come to associate with none other than Ash Spearing - since the kidnapping, that is. Well then. How do you think that got there? You watch Fiona yawn, and find yourself stifling a yawn of your own. Been a long day, hasn't it? Let's hope your new acquaintance AleSSandra doesn't take it too personally... what do you do?

AleSSandra: Emma looks shattered, doesn't she? What's your plan for the evening - are you going to get to know your housemates better, or maybe get in some practice - I'm sure you haven't forgotten, but you're due to give a short recital in Chapel tomorrow morning. How do you feel about other people watching you rehearse? I'm sure Alex would be only too keen to, after all. What do you do?

Alex: Well, this is pleasant, isn't it? Can you permit yourself some time to relax, or is this all part of the plan? Do you have anything particular in mind to make AleSSandra feel at home? Can you see any way she might prove useful against your Peers? What about Emma? Speaking of which, what do you notice about Emma that instantly puts your guard up?

Sorne: Cedric leaves the room without you; you receive a text from him a minute later.

quote:

Going to freshen up, then I'll come back and find you, if that's alright?
How do you reply? Next to you on the sofa, Fiona looks listless and lonely - do you say anything to her? How much have you two spoken since she beat up those bullies? What do you do?

Fiona: Your head's a mess, and instead of comfort you end up working yourself into a little knot of bitterness as your tired eyes roam around the room. Ash is talking to Khalid and Teresa, no doubt discussing a better class of entertainment than whatever you provided him. Alex hasn't wasted any time in chatting up AleSSandra and Emma - clearly, he's moved on to a better class of girl. And there's no doubt in your mind that Ruhlman's little rant was aimed squarely at you, and AleXandra was nodding along, eating up every word...

You sink back on your sofa with a groan, feeling the cushions shift under your weight... and somebody else's weight as well. Sorne is sitting at the other end, seemingly lost in her own thoughts. Have you heard the rumours about her and Alex? But regardless, she's an outsider, she's not involved in most of the school's petty bullshit and she's someone you've stood up and fought for in days gone by. Why don't you go check up on her?

Ash: Khalid is sitting with Teresa; he gives you a weary smile as you sit down. "Honestly, Ash, I don't know what I did wrong. AleSSandra's not really my type, after all. I just thought she could do with a chance to meet a better crowd than the shitheads back in her old house. Speaking of which, did you manage to get those supplies I texted you about?" Teresa puts a hand to her mouth in mock surprise.

"I'm sure I don't know what you two are talking about," Teresa says, sliding her hand around Khalid's shoulders. "The guest list alone should make this a night to remember. I'm sure we won't need anything extra." She gives you a sly grin. Given the circles you move in, you'll undoubtedly have run into Teresa before - is she friend, foe or something else? And do you feel like Khalid deserves the sympathy he's looking for? What do you do?

Also, highlight Hot.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Selfish, Predator, Drunk

Of course. Well, to hell with them. Maybe Sorne will commiserate with me. I've... heard things about her and Alexander, but something tells me I might have burned him out on interesting girls. Even if there was something between them, he's clearly moved on to someone more "respectable." His parents would probably love her. Ugh.

"This place is an absolute nightmare some evenings, isn't it?"

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 25, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Uncomfortably Numb, drained.

Wait what! Fiona stank of Ash. I'd know the smell of that arsehole anywhere. How.... ewww, were they sleeping together? the very thought of it almost made me about to retch. I thought Fiona would've had better taste than that! Still maybe she was drunk or something and he'd taken advantage of her. That would be exactly like Ash. Certainly the thought was more appealing than the fact that she'd willingly take Ash to bed with her. Personally I'd rather sleep with a live cobra. It'd be more cuddly and less poisonous. But either way that wasn't any of my business I suppose. I'm not Ashes' mother and no one appointed me judge and executioner. I might have a quiet word to Alexandria when I get the chance to ask her to keep an eye out. She'd mother everyone if she could get away with it.

Fiona will have to look after herself. I yawned loudly and stretched trying to work a kink out of my back. Suddenly the whole of the day seemed to hit me. I don't know whether it was being up early or whether it was whatever the hell had happened to leave me looking like I'd gone twelve rounds with a boxer but I felt absolutely exhausted. "Sorry" I smiled wearily at the new girl "but I've had a long day. Nice to meet you anyway Alessandra and I hope we can get better acquainted when I'm not half-dead on my feet." I said "Now if you'll excuse me I have to go talk to a .... friend." I paused I couldn't really call Tim my boyfriend could I? I mean one amazing bout of steamy sex aside. But would he only see that as a temporary thing? A passing fling? God I hope not. Tim's the best thing to happen to me in like forever and I'm not letting go if I can help it.

I know where he is. It's weird but ever since well you know. It's like I can just close my eyes and know exactly where he is. It's almost freaky but I'm certainly not complaining. Not that I need that sort of weird freaky sixth sense. But right now it looks like Tim's getting tag teamed by Alexandria and Jess. "Hi Jess, Alex, mind if I steal Tim from you for a bit. we have a few things to talk about in private." I said.

[23:46] Ferrosol manipulate Jessica
[23:46] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[23:46] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2+2 = 4
trying to get her to leave us alone ain't gonna happen

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

She's not judging me? Could of fooled me. And she's calling for backup from the girl that did something with her this morning. Why is she trusted but not me? "Jess, I'm taking this as seriously as you are. If you don't think I'm worried about her, you're out of your head." I sigh. "Look, I hadn't seen Emma since lunch and I don't know how she got banged up." I walk over to Emma when she asks for me. Jess doesn't seem happy with me next to her. What is she? Her mom? Emma tries to get us alone but Jess doesn't relent. I know she's a bit of a flirt. Maybe I just need to play the game? I put on my cutest face and best puppy dog eyes, "Please Jess, would you mind letting us go?" Yeah it's a little embarrassing but I'll do what it takes to get us out of here.

[00:35] BClip Manipulate Jessica
[00:35] BClip !r 2d6+4
[00:35] Krysmbot BClip, 2+4 = 6+2 (tagging thirsty, true love)

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 25, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 1/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: Inbred, Drunk

Claiming 1xp from hot highlight from my last Turn On, taking Unashamed.

Khalid's all poo poo when it comes to this sort of thing. I feel a little off not giving him anything, but it's not like he listens anyways unless you tell him a few times. So, I'll just pat him on the shoulder and give him a little comfort. "Of course, I don't tell stories. It's done." Could be where some of this giant bloody shipment will go, and if I'm lucky, I'll be done with the whole thing before some loud old arse like Rhulman figures out what the hell he's looking for.

As far as Teresa, like with most people not named Khalid, things are complicated. We're definitely not besties or anything, but as long as I'm not doing anything too terrible, she figures I'm just another mover and shaker socially. Makes me useful, and that keeps her friendly in the grand scheme of things. I mean, she's fit and all, but this school's like half people I'd shag, so that doesn't mean much. Still, at least she seems like she's got things together in her head, so there's that. Plus, flattery does get you everywhere with her, at least from me about things she doesn't really care much about. "I'm sure the wonderful company will keep things interesting. But you know how it can be with a guest list. This just gives the others something to do while you're busy."

[01:21.38] <thelazyblank> Turn on Teresa
[01:21.44] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[01:21.44] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 6+2 = 8
String/Promise/Give Self

"Should be a fantastic evening either way. Are you bringing anyone in particular, Teresa?"

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4/5 | Conditions: Overbearing, Drained, Darkest Self

My phone buzzes as Ruhlman delivers his spiel. Idly I dig it out of my pocket and take a look as the "parental supervision" abruptly take their leave. Ah. Cedric. So perhaps he isn't totally put off by what happened? I can't say that's very smart of him given the circumstances, but I'll certainly entertain his curiosity if that is what he desires. I quickly tap out a reply:

quote:

Of course. Take your time. I'll be here. :)

With that done I set my phone down in my lap and turn my attention onto Fiona. What's her problem, I wonder? Either way she is a rather alright person, my mind drifting back to the way she handled those bullies. Honestly I didn't need her intervention and would have dealt with my harassers in due time... but who am I to turn down help when it comes my way? When she addresses me I smile and look directly into her eyes. How horrible of me! Hehe...

"Oh tell me about it! I can only imagine what our housemates will get up to with Ruhlman out of the picture..."

12:16 <Zomg> Rolling to Shut Down Fiona
12:16 <Zomg> !r 2d6+2
12:16 <Krysmbot> Zomg, 6+2 = 8
Well I feel terrible. Fiona is going to take the condition Petrified.... <_<

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Selfish, Predator,Petrified, Terrified

She too busy with her damned phone to even commiserate properly...

She's Oblivious

"That's the only part I'm looking forward to. Say, you look like you're bus-"

Was there something in that wine? Like, was it off or something? I feel like my body's filled with sand or something all of a sudden. Focus, Fiona - your physiology's better than this...

[14:23] Jolinaxas Hold Steady
[14:23] Jolinaxas !roll 2d6+3
[14:23] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 6+3 = 9. Replacing Drunk with Terrified.

Something's not right. I mean, I can get my wits back about me, given the situation, but I still feel awful.

"Uh, you know, I'm... never mind. H-how have things been with you?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Hot: 1 Cold: 1Volatile: -1 Dark: 0
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions: Under suspicion
Locations: Common Room

Ah, of course. The matron. She who does not even pretend to care. But all in all, it's good news Geoffrey seems to be better. And perhaps Mr. Ruhlman can look after her. Speaking of which, I should talk to Tere... hm.... talking with Ash right now. I'll do that later. That would be much too awkward right now.

And Jess is there, and she has questions about Emma. "I'm afraid I don't know any more than you, Jessica. And I'm just as concerned." I look at Timothy. Could he do it? It seems unlike Emma to let anyone get away with that, and unlike what little I know of Timothy to do it. Still, Emma clearly wants some time alone with him. "But I think the last thing Emma wants right now is to go and explain it in a crowded room. I'm sure Emma knows we're both here for her when we're needed," I looked her in the eyes, concern in my eyes. "and she'll tell us what happened when she's ready."

Turn on Emma: 2d6+1 8 Give self, give promise, give string, one xp for hot.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

I tsk as Emily ignores me to go off elsewhere, and open my mouth to make some witty comment to Alessandra, but as Emma leaves I catch a whiff of something that gives me pause. I smell Eleanor's perfume on her. All my peers agreed (even Alan, in private), that the female Cavendish twin was a little too... enamoured with her perfumes. Why do I smell it on Emily? She must have spent some time with Eleanor in the recent past. Does she know something about her? Maybe she was told something that could give me a clue as to how Eleanor died, or maybe...

It sounds absurd, but maybe she was involved in Eleanor's death? Those injuries couldn't have come from nowhere, after all... and she didn't want to speak about them, just ran off when I mentioned them. Suspicious, suspicious...

"Tell you what, Alessandra," I say as I stop following Emma with my suspicious gaze and look back at her. "How about I get some people together for a proper welcoming party tomorrow? Get someone to cook, we can play some games, you can show off your music... that'll be fun, won't it?" I can see Alessandra being almost as useful as Sorne when it comes to dealing with my Peers, and even if she wasn't, she's someone I want to be friends with anyway, and with the added bonus that my parents wouldn't disapprove at all.

"Though... I apologise if this seems forward, but I'd like to ask a favour, if possible. For whichever reason, Emily doesn't seem to want to talk to me. I would be very grateful if you ask her about her day. I suspect she would be, too, that someone new showed some concern." Will trigger Firstborn if Alessandra agrees.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Tim, Emma, Alexandra: Jess looks between the three of you, frowning. She know's that something's up, and that you're not telling her something. "Just... fine, Emma. Whenever you're ready. I'll give you some space."

She takes a string on Emma. Emma, don't forget to respond to Alexandra's Turn On.

She pats Emma on the shoulder, and walks off. You see Mark approach her as she heads out of the room. Tim, you find a message on your phone a few minutes later.

quote:

Ok I know you know something Emma might not want to talk thats fine but I dont want to be out of the loop

She's left you alone, but she'll cause trouble for you if you don't give her some kind of plausible explanation.

Ash: "'Something to do while you're busy?' Such a romantic, Ashley Spearing." Teresa's smile broadens, and her pale eyes scrutinise you for a second. "I wasn't planning on bringing anyone in particular, though I dare say a few people would like to be brought... why, is that an invitation?"

Take a string on her.

On the sofa next to her, Khalid shifts irritably, as if he's feeling the cold now that her arm's no longer wrapped around his shoulders...

Gato fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 27, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 1/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: Inbred, Drunk

"That's one of the nicer things people call me. But sadly, I think I'll be helping my mate set things up for the event." I'm going to try to get back on track here, seeming like the mostly-decent person I am with a quick arm around Khalid's shoulder, as if trying to make him feel a little better. Not that I put any effort into it, because he's still got some old lad issues with my free love stuff, so keep it all safe for him. "Speaking of, I hate to leave, but now that this train wreck is over, I do have a few things to take care of for myself. I'll be seeing the both of you at the festivities, I'll be seeing if I can make an effort in getting the right sort of people there."

If only for this drat werewolf bollocks wasn't hanging over my head, along with the queen of lecturing wasn't still standing there like she hasn't had her looking-down-at-people fix for the last two minutes. The posh shakes. That's a good one, I'll keep that for later. I give Teresa and Khalid the proper goodbyes before heading back into my room. If I need to peer into the fold, I do need to be somewhat hosed up or actually in Faerie. It's a little easier to do the former, plus I think I'm getting a headache from all the shouting, name calling and whatever else was said. Wasn't really paying all that much attention to the specifics, other than they think I'm poo poo.

Need to focus, solve the Emmawolf musk problem. Lock the door, just a bit of nightgrass, window open, something to cover the smell a bit. Then I close my eyes, and hope for some answer better than getting clawed to death while rubbing her with a towel.

Gazing to figure out about how best to get the musk.
[05:33.30] <thelazyblank> Gaze into the Abyss
[05:33.37] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+1
[05:33.38] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 4+1 = 5
Welp. Get an XP.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 28, 2015

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

XP 2/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Overly Sensitive

As Ruhlman spoke, I noticed the pretty heavyhanded doublespeak going on. What happened that needed this. The whole thing stunk of politics and some really passive aggressive attacks. I suppose that was the sort of things that you had to do when you were headmaster of a school of the rich and powerful. Still, I noted the tones, the cadence and the rhythm of his words, trying to discern in his speech what was the real reason why this surprise meeting was called.

<berenzen|home> Gaze about what Ruhlman was talking about
<berenzen|home> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> berenzen|home, 3+1 = 4
<berenzen|home> Oh god

"I..." I paused. A party would be fun, really. Not a smasher, but a get together? Yeah, that would be fun. "That sounds nice Alex. As long as I'm not the only one playing. I've heard you, you're not that shabby. Tell you what, I have a recital at the church tomorrow morning, not a big one, but I want to do a bit of a dress rehearsal tonight. If you want..." I paused, this was a pretty big leap of judgement, "you can help me practice. No phones, but meet me at the practice hall tonight after class. That way you can show me what you're made of as well."

As he talks about Emma, I give him a bit of a rueful shake of my head, "You asked about a lady's appearance. Even if it was out of concern, it was a little rude. I was going to go talk to her any way, but I'll do as you ask."

Looking over at Emma and Tim, I gave a shrug, "Looks like she' busy at the moment, but I'll see if I can try and catch her."

I'l agree to that, go ahead and take a String on Alessandra, Noun

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Uncomfortably Numb, Drained.

Maybe It was because I was tired or something but I couldn't take my eyes off of Alexandra and the way she moved, so graceful and in control. When did I start envying her for that? She's a good friend though and I don't know what I'd do without her,

giving Alexandra a string.

But right now I want a little privacy with Tim. I need to find out what he thinks he knows. If he has some sort of explanation for how I ended up like this in the first place I need to hear it. I leaned against him and sagged visibly it's been a long day and I was just about ready to collapse into bed. So I was glad to have him close to hold onto and support me.

[11:24] Ferrosol turn on Tim
[11:24] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[11:24] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+2 = 8
string/promise/self

I ducked with him into the kitchen which thankfully seemed deserted and started boiling the kettle for a cup of hot chocolate. While I was waiting I turned to Tim and said, "So what did you want to tell me about. Do you know something about what happened to me to leave me looking like i'd walked into an electric fence?"

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

How- How did she?

quote:

How did you get this number? Look, I'll tell you when I figure out what happened. And remove me from your phone.
And then she goes off to talk with Mark. Speaking of, "Alex, may I ask a favor? Could you remind Mark that what goes on between me and Emma is not of his or your business."
-
Shut Down Alexandra
[09:37] BClip !r 2d6+1 (Tagging True Love and Under Suspicion)
[09:37] Krysmbot BClip, 4+1 = 5

-
I meant to say it like a threat but it comes out of my mouth sounding more like a request. I can't play a heel worth my life. Probably for the better. Emma then leans and wraps her arms around me for support. She mumbles, "kitchen" and I'm all but reticent to get out of here. We walk as far as our tired legs will take us to the kitchen which is thankfully empty. She puts on a kettle for hot chocolate.

Ferrosol posted:

"So what did you want to tell me about. Do you know something about what happened to me to leave me looking like i'd walked into an electric fence?"
"I can tell you what I know but you aren't going to like it. Or even believe it probably. I sure don't. And I still don't know what happened between lunch and finding you." I sigh, look down at the table, and drum my fingers. "You know how you woke up with me standing over you looking ready to kill? That's because I did. I think." I shake my head, "Sorry, talking in riddles. how do I even say this? You're going to think I'm crazy but you have to believe me. Me and Jen were attacked by a wolf this evening. I took it out. And then, uh, and then that wolf turned into you." I quickly try to move on, "By the way, did you give Jess my number?"
-
Giving a string

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 29, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

That sounds... agreeable, at least. No phones is a problem - what if Sorne finds something and needs to contact me? - but she won't mind if I just... don't follow that part, right? The chance to help her with a recital isn't something I'm likely to pass up, so I smile and say "That would be fantastic. I'll meet you there."

As she leaves, my eyes sweep the room again, and I see Ash talking with Teresa and Khalid. Another complication? Another potential foe? I find the nearest free seat, close my eyes and think - How does Ash fit into all of this?

[7:20pm] Nown: Gaze into the Abyss
[7:20pm] Nown: !r 2d6+1
[7:20pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 5+1 = 6

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Uncomfortably Numb, Drained.

"No I didn't give Jess your number." I said absentmindedly as I picked up my cup. Then the rest of what Tim said registered. "You what and you think I did what." I said incredulously. "That's crazy." I heard my mouth say seemingly without any conscious direction from my brain.

08:37] Ferrosol shut down tim
[08:37] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[08:37] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 3-1 = 2
marking xp at least

I blushed slightly. I shouldn't call him crazy like that. But what he sounded like made me think one of us was crazy. "So you expect me to believe that a wolf attacked you then you fought it off and then it turned into me. What were you even doing out there with Jennifer anyway." I said a hint of jealousy creeping into my voice. Was this what it was all about. Now that he'd obviously got what he wanted with me. Had he abandoned me for Jennifer? Was that why he was making up stuff like that. It certainly made more sense. I mean I couldn't transform into a wolf or something could I. But the worst part was I couldn't remember a drat thing what I'd done or what happened to me it was all just one big blank. "So you expect me to believe that you of all people were able to fight off a wolf. Do you even have any proof of all this rubbish your spouting off?" I frowned.

I stared into my cup of chocoilate maybe if I thought long enough I could remember something. Anything. After all this had to all be lies didn't it? the patterns in the froth seemed to make something almost familiar....

[15:52] Ferrosol wolf gaze
[15:52] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[15:52] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8-1 = 7
confusing and alarming please.

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 5/5 | Conditions: Overbearing, Drained, Darkest Self, Oblivious

...She's not looking away, is she? Fool! Doesn't she know I could kill her? Still, I continue smiling, deciding to keep playing along as if nothing is wrong if she is so determined to do the same.

"Things have been great. Everything is going fine so far. You heard about Geoff, didn't you? Ah, of course you did. I do hope he'll be alright. I do want to go and visit him, too..."

Oh Fiona...

I'm not sure if Fiona would take harm at this point... Gato?

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Harm: 1/4 | EXP: 1 4/5 | Conditions: Clenched, Oblivious, Terrified

Okay, I'm blocking Jess' number then. And I guess I called it, Emma thinks I'm crazy. And cheating on her. "I'm telling you the truth." I say in a pleading tone. My head and heart drop. "If I was lying, why would I say something so outlandish?" I take a deep breath. "Okay. Ash, Jen, and I had just left Drama for the evening. We were heading to the dorms when a wolf jumped out of the bush. Ash ran but he'll say there was a wolf. And Jen. . . you wouldn't believe her anyway." I look up at her frowning at me. I can't take that glare. Why am I even bothering? "I. . . Emma, I'm not lying to you. I . . ." I feel like crying. I'm getting the 3rd degree because I'm trying to help. "I don't know what happened after you ran away from me. I'm just trying to tell you what I know and what I know doesn't make sense." She's gone quiet. I look up once more and she's staring into her cup looking for answers in the cocoa powder. And that's fine because I need to think long and hard about what I'm going to say next.
-
How do I prove my innocence?
[15:28] BClip !r 2d6+2
[15:28] Krysmbot BClip, 2+2 = 4
gently caress you Krysm

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 31, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Selfish, Predator, Petrified, Terrified

"I heard that Alexandra had something to do with it. Ruhlman had her in his off... in his off..."

I look away. She probably thinks I'm insane. But I can feel all of my joints and muscles just locking into place. And its getting worse! It's getting harder to breathe. I need to go.

"Office. I'm sorry - I hate to be rude, but I have to go take care of something. But do stop by later - I'm probably going to break out some more wine and go on a Netflix binge. See if anyone else in the hall wants to hang out."

I'll change this if she wouldn't deal the harm, but if she does, I get a string from Laugh it Off (haven't marked this on the string sheet yet). She'd break it off after one harm either way.

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 5/5 | Conditions: Overbearing, Drained, Darkest Self, Oblivious

Fiona seems to be taking her leave. A wise decision if I do say so myself. I smile that same smile and nod.

"Alright. Sounds like a fun night. I'll be sure to be there." Netflix and wine? Not exactly the way I'd regularly plan to spend my night... but Fiona was a friend in a way, so I should be able to at least indulge her from time to time.

"I'll bring popcorn too." I add, still trying to catch her gaze with my own. "Maybe we could find a good horror movie..."

13:37 <Zomg_> Rolling to Shut Down Fiona
13:38 <Zomg_> !r 2d6+2
13:38 <Krysmbot> Zomg_, 7+2 = 9

So now I think Fiona would take that 1 Harm.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

In the music department:
Alex: You run through what you know about Ash, but it's all too superficial - he's manipulative, hedonistic, supplies a lot of the year with drugs... no insights leap out at you. Instead, a lingering sense of disappointment verging on shame takes root in your mind, as if your parents have sent you to your room for swearing. Or trying to cheat, perhaps. So it's hard not to be preoccupied on your way to the practice rooms in the basement, so preoccupied that you trip over a step on the way downstairs, twisting your ankle as you land.

Take 1 harm.

Still, you limp on. It's just the two of you down here in a practice room off an anonymous corridor, eerily quiet thanks to the sound-resistant walls. So what's on your mind? You've got an opportunity people would fight for - what do you want most from Alessandra right now? What do you do?

AleSSandra: Unfortunately, you don't really know Mr Ruhlman well enough to be familiar with the tone and pattern of his voice. As you listen, you become increasingly certain that something isn't right, that he's holding something back, that there's a conflict between his mind and his words that expresses itself in a miniature fermata before the wrong words, giving the speech a peculiarly syncopated pattern... but you can only guess at what his real agenda is.

Alex falls clumsily as you make your way to the practice rooms, seemingly distracted by something - what do you think's on his mind? You've got a recital to practice for, but you've also got a receptive audience , so what's it going to be - scales and exercises, or something a bit flashier? Classical or modern? Dazzling, melancholy, seductive? What does it feel like to have someone hanging off every note? What do you do?

In the kitchen:
Tim: You rack your brains, but you can't see any way to convince her. If someone had objective evidence of the wolf attack, that'd be one thing, but neither you nor Jen thought to take pictures. And it doesn't seem likely she'll take Jen's word for it, or Ash's either for that matter, if she won't believe you. But why wouldn't she believe you? How did you manage to lose her trust? Do you think you ever had it?

You get the condition Guilty.

Emma looks up from her hot chocolate at last. What do you make of the expression on her face? What do you do?

Emma: The aroma of chocolate fills your mind, and something else stirs in your subconscious; a memory of another scent, stronger and sharper and every bit as real - a scent you know is Tim's even though Tim doesn't smell? entwined inseparably with a scent you know is Jen's how could you know that? You remember staggering from the woods, seeing them together, taking the two of them by surprise. You remember Tim lifting a stick, terror in his eyes... and you remember the terror in another pair of eyes, a dark-haired girl scrambling in the dirt as you bore down on her...

You raise your head to see Tim looking guilty and worried and sad... what do you do?

In the common room:
Everyone: The cat's away, the mice will play... words to live by, or so your housemates seem to think. The volume in the common room's increased considerably now that Mr Ruhlman and Matron have disappeared. Someone's turned the TV on, cards are being laid out on a table, and a bottle of vodka is making its way around. The less socially inclined students are making their exits, but you're all still here for now.

Fiona: It feels like you've run a marathon, and what's weirder is the stiffness in your limbs seems to be getting worse, not better. Still, somebody's kicked off the festivities, and there's nothing like alcohol for loosening things up - the vodka's currently in Teresa's hands, if that's what you want. You can see Alexandra's cronies poised to kill this particular buzz, thoughOr do you want to go and set up that film? Anybody else you'd like to be there?

Sorne: Seems Alex and AleSSandra have gone off somewhere together - how do you feel about that? You notice your enemy-by-association Teresa giving you a careful look as she pours vodka into a mug. As she catches your eye, she smiles cheerfully and points the bottle in your direction. On the other hand, I'm sure some time to wind down with a friend sounds tempting, and Fiona looks like she could use a break. (No thanks to you.) What do you do?

AleXandra: Feeling left out now? Tim and Emma have disappeared together, Mark and Cedric are nowhere to be seen and it seems your housemates are determined to resist your direction. The drinking seems to have crystallised around Teresa and a couple of the other boys, though Khalid seems to have made his excuses, presumably when the alcohol appeared. Lizzie looks poised to sweep in, but she looks at you for instruction. Do you ever get tired of policing your fellow students? Are you still determined to look into what happened to Geoff? What about Emma, and Tim's oddly evasive attitude? What do you do?

Take 1 forward if you act with Lizzie's backup.

In Ash's room:
Ash: You can hear the chittering sounds of the Faerie forest, and the faintest glimmer of mocking laughter, but no help seems to be forthcoming. Maybe your room with its tangles of wires and stone walls is too well insulated from the hidden realm. Perhaps if you got high-er? Or maybe there's simply no easy answer to the question. You need to get Emma worked up and sweaty, but neither of the obvious methods seem especially appealing. Especially given that promise she made you earlier. I'm sure you've considered the option of defying Cleaver - why would that be a bad idea?

You can hear raised voices and laughter from the common room. Seems they've got a party going without you. Are you going to join in, or just chill out like this? Is there anyone you wish was there with you? What do you do?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Uncomfortably Numb, Drained.

I closed my eyes. Weirdly I could still tell exactly where Tim was in the room. I could almost hear his heartbeat and I could smell him it was like I was hyper aware of him. I could even tell he'd been near Jennifer I could smell her. How could I smell them how.... Unless was Tim telling the truth? No, and yet every instinct told me he wasn't lying to me. Still he was an Actor maybe he could lie to me without me noticing. But no no Tim''s better than that. I don't think he'd do that to me. I'm remembering bits and pieces now I remember staggering out of the woods and bearing down on Tim and Jennifer. I remember something else too. A girl the stink of fear on her as she scrambles away as she lays as at my feet as I... No I couldn't have could I?

I dropped the mug of hot chocolate I was holding as the realisation hit me. Luckily I managed avoid most of it hitting me. But it left quite a mess. Like I had before. I could feel the colour drain out of my face and I could only imagine the blank look of horror spreading across my face as I locked gazes with Tim. I had to know if what Tim said was true could what I've just remembered be true could I have...

I don't want to think about it. But I have to know. I owe it to myself to find out. "Tim, Please. Wait here. There's something I need to do. I won't be long I promise." I said the ragged edge of panic in my voice evident even to me. I had to know I thought. I had to find out. I Needed to see it for myself. I know it's dark I know it's cold. But if what I suspect to be true is out there. Then I might just be the most dangerous thing in the woods out there. I hurried as quickly as I could through the building and out of the front door. I didn't care who got in my way But I had to know the truth right now.

21:04] Ferrosol run away from the big bad wolf
[21:04] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[21:04] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+1 = 9
you cause a big scene

Was what Tim said true? And worse than that what had I done?

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Selfish, Predator, Petrified, Terrified

This is not good. I mean - I've toughed it out through broken bones, accidental poisonings. To be in pain this long - it makes sense if I were, say, hit by a car. But whatever this is must be serious. And something tells me the drinking doesn't have anything to do with it...

With that in mind, I head over to Theresa.

"Right out in the open, eh? To hell with Ruhlman, right? But I'd watch out for Alexandra and her little friends. They're watching you."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 1/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: Inbred, Drunk

Bloody fan-loving-tastic. Now my berries are as close to literally in a vice as I ever want them to be. I mean, Emma may not actually rip them off if I get her sedated enough, but that's only a slightly safer risk than messing with Cleaver. Cleaver's been known to not be very subtle, even with folks like me who fit in with the mundanes. I mean, he probably won't end me, but I do like my face and knees as they are, plus he can try some sort of geas on me which would be worse than anything physical. Again, he's not subtle, so it'd be something bloody straightforward. He's cruel and doesn't care about anyone else. Best case, I just gotta keep working for him until I get the drat werewolf sweat anyways.

Come on, think, Ash. This can't be so bloody complicated. Just need to talk to Timmy or someone else who knows Emma, and.. I dunno, give it some time and put some more effort into the apology or whatever they were asking for. Just need some time and some way to get Emma sweating. As far as what's going on outside, that sounds like my sort of thing. Maybe check on Teresa, Fiona.. hell, see who else is out there, need to make some sort of impression other than the lad who's motorboating people. Plus, where there's a party, there's a chance to get into some trouble. Unfortunately, as soon as I step outside, I get to see that Alexandra and the rest of the bloody fun police out there, ready to do something. Today's been poo poo with one very pleasant exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Harm: 1/4 | EXP: 1 4/5 | Conditions: Clenched, Guilty, Oblivious, Terrified

I don't know what to say. I don't think I can say anything that would make her believe me. I just don't know. I'm flustered, my composure is gone and I can feel my cheeks burn. Is our relationship this brittle? I made one mistake and . . . I don't know, it's been one day. I can't say anything for sure. But this pit of guilt in my stomach is anything but good. I look up at her. She's wearing a terrified look on her face. She drops her cup which shatters on the floor. I really hope no one heard that. She suddenly stands up and tells me to wait her. There's fear creeping in that voice. She runs out of the room.

For the second time today she's run from me. I didn't follow the first time and who knows what happened in the mean time? Whatever happens, if this relationship is going to work, we have to do it together. On the other hand, I've used a lot of luck today.
-
Decide to chase Emma (hold steady)
Krysmbot BClip, 7 = 7(tagging True Love)

-
I've been lucky so far, I think I can survive one more thing. Steeling my nerves, I stand up and follow after her. Her movements are sluggish and each step seems to take a concerted effort on her part. I can finally keep up with her. Together, we have to do this together. I tell myself again. Whatever is out there, we have to fight them together.
-
[11:34] BClip !r 2d6+1
[11:34] Krysmbot BClip, 8+2 = 10 (Tagging True Love, Drained and Uncomfortably Numb)

• Locked thread